I edit it because my wonderful beta is back eh eh..


Chapter 9

“Here we go, jewel!” William exclaimed, turning the key, after setting the rear view mirrors and locking the safety belt.
With great ability he managed to extricate from the parking area and go to the principal road.
“And you said this is the first time you drive this car. It seems that you haven’t done anything else in your whole life!” Angel congratulated with him, losing the anxiety that had overwhelmed him by the thought of lending his beloved car to a perfect stranger.
After a general speech about their experiences on four wheels, William decided it was time to hit the mark.
“I’m curious to see how you’ll perform. Anyway, the meeting point is still there. As you could see, I left my drums, mostly because taking them back and forth to Willow’s and assemble them, would be a bloody sweat!”
“I guess so, you did the right thing. By the way, you’re a great drummer, really! But I’m kinda good too, with my bass, and I’ll prove you all that!” Angel assured, almost bragging.

William rolled his eyes, that way he risked not to conclude anything.
“I’m happy you enjoyed our show. Have you seen how good my Buffy is with the guitar?” William resumed talking, as the car ran on the road and the wind ruffled his hair.
“Yeah, she is really good, although the one I liked the most is Willow, she has such an incredible voice, she’s born to sing..”

< Ha, ha, I hit your ship, buddy!> William thought, ready to ‘attack’ again.

“Sure, and you haven’t take your eyes off her even for a moment.. just to see how beautiful * her voice * is!” the blond commented sarcastically.
Angel’s unintelligible stuttering corroborated his theory.

< Your ship is hit and sunk!> William smiled, enjoying his victory.

“I had the feeling that you liked her, you know, it was pretty clear!” William made him notice, without taking his eyes off the road.
“ Oh, no. Did she notice that, too? Damn me!” Angel cursed himself.
“I really don’t understand you, you know? You fancy her, and you don’t want her to know? Why don’t you ask her out?” the other guy suggested as he parked the car near the square.
“Are you kidding? C’mon, why should a girl like her even waste her time with a guy like me? And don’t dare tell her something!” the brunette threatened him.
“Calm down, I swear I won’t tell a thing to Willow..” William assured, turning the car off and getting off.
“Well, I guess that’s enough, I’ll walk home, there’s no problem. Thanks again, and don’t worry, I’ll be as silent as a grave..”

he thought, waving him.

< I wish!> Angel thought, putting himself behind the steering wheel.

Something told him that he shouldn’t have trusted William.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That evening, Buffy had a date with her boyfriend, and as she sipped a coke at the table of what had become their local par excellence he spitted out everything to her.
“Honey, you’re great! I’ve got a detective as boyfriend!” she exclaimed, hugging him.
“Wanna know the best part? I don’t even like Cadillac, I was just improvising a little bit..” he revealed, kissing her forehead.
“So, I’m dating a phenomenal actor; what is Hollywood waiting for?”
“I wonder the same thing. Well, as I wait for the nomination, why don’t you give me something that for me it’s more important than any award?” William whispered in her ear, giving her a hot kiss.

< So, detective, actor.. and now I’ve found out he’s a great poet, too. I’m such a lucky girl!> she thought, kissing him.

“After all, I should have known better that it was just a ploy.. you’d never betray your Desy..” she made fun of him, playing with his hair.
“Anyway, I knew there was something between them, but as shy as they are they won’t ever talk to each other. Maybe, they would if they were stuck together into an elevator, or.. “ Buffy commented, and then she became thoughtful.
An idea was forming in her mind.
“Or what? Am I wrong or my Slayer is plotting something?” he asked.
By then he was getting to know her very well.
“Maybe.. For now, we’ll just leave things as they are, mostly because we still have to perform together, just for once at least, but after that.. maybe I’ll get them to declare each other ..” the girl answered mysteriously.
“Bugger this! I give up understanding you! Well, now we’d better go, it’s late, and tomorrow I must get up bloody early.. sodding meeting with teacher at bloody 9:00 a.m.!” William grumbled, getting up to pay the bill, as she headed towards the exit.
“By the way, what’s your thesis about?” Buffy asked as William and she were heading to the Desoto.
“It’s about Vampirism in Literature; don’t ask me why, I know it’s kinda odd.. Maybe the graveyard next to my house inspired me..” William explained as they got inside.
“Anyway, I’ll sleep for you, too! Tomorrow, I have no classes until the afternoon!” she put the boo in.

After a few minutes they arrived to Revello Drive.
“Poor Spikey.. maybe I’ll be good and get up very early, too..” she went on, kissing him goodnight before getting off.
“Naaah, on second thought, I guess I’ll lay in bed ‘til 11:00 a.m. at least!” she had fun jeering at him, sticking out her tongue to him, playfully.
“You’re terrible, but I love you too bloody much so I can’t hate you!” he answered with a smile, before setting the car in motion and disappearing into the darkness.

< Oh, my god! Ok, calm down, Buffy, it was just a funny remark.. and ok, maybe he had too many beers.. and he didn’t even noticed that he did.. BUT HE TOLD ME THAT HE LOVES ME!!> Buffy thought.

That sentence had shocked her and she spent at least ten minutes on a kind of paresis, standing at the front door, aware that there was a clear connection between the lock and the keys she held, but without remembering what this connection was.

TBC