Epilogue


6 Months Later


“Why me?” Buffy asked as she snuggled deeper into Spike’s arms.
Spike looked down at her with a puzzled expression. “Why you, what, pet?”

“Why did you pick me? Out of all the women you could have possibly had, why
me?”

“Well, that’s the thing, isn’t it,” Spike asked as he playfully dipped her.
“I didn’t pick you, luv…you picked me. I love you, Buffy, and a very wise
person once told me that you can’t control who you fall in love with.”

Breathing out a soft sigh, Buffy held him tighter as she looked around their
wedding reception, smiling as she saw all of her friends watching them dance, with
smiles. Looking back up at Spike, she whispered, “I love you, too. I have
since our first date.”

Holding on to each other, Buffy caught Angel’s eye as he held tightly to
Cordelia. He gave her a thumbs up as she smiled at him. Angel and Cordy
had been dating since New Year’s Eve, and they were getting closer everyday.
Buffy was guessing that Angel was going to propose soon, but Spike still
wouldn’t give her any details, even though Buffy was sure that Angel had talked to him about it.
Buffy smiled as Spike’s arms tightened around her waist, pulling her even closer to him, almost protectively. Buffy lay her head on his chest, enjoying the soothing thumps of his heart beating.
Spike had insisted on getting married as soon as possible, surprising Buffy since she assumed he would want to wait a while, considering how his first marriage ended up. Spike had argued against her point, saying that his first marriage was insignificant. This one was real. This was where he wanted to be.
Buffy would be starting school again, in the fall. That had been the source of many arguments. Spike wanted to pay her tuition, but Buffy insisted that she would keep working and pay her own way. They finally came to the mutual agreement that Buffy would work at Caritas until they got married. Afterward, Buffy would focus on school and quit the bar, letting Spike pay for school, since they would be combining their money anyway.
Spike considered this a winning situation, since the woman he loved was no longer working around a bunch of drunks, leering at her. As an added bonus, Spike got to see her more, now that she didn’t work such long hours every night.
Breathing a sigh of relief that she was in his arms and that he would never have to let her go, Spike pressed a kiss against the top of her head as she raised watery eyes to his.
“Something wrong, luv?” he asked, concern lacing his words.
“No,” Buffy said with a smile, shaking her head as she reached up to leave a gentle kiss on his lips. “Everything is just right.”

The End


A/N This feels like an abrupt end for me, but I ultimately ran out of story for it. I didn’t want to drag out the Dru/Spike/Buffy storyline anymore than I did. I hope everyone enjoyed it.