chapter ten: The Game of



When Buffy got to her room, she looked at the clock, and realized she had been wrong about the time. Insted of her guessed time of around 2:30 a.m, it was more like 5:30 a.m. 5:37 a.m to be exact. Buffy shook her head and threw her torn garments in a corner and laid down on her bed. In about thirty minutes, Willow would be getting up to get ready for her college classes. Not that Willow would have really noticed Buffy's absence. But if Buffy had walked in while Willow was up, and in Spike's shirt... No, that would definatly not be of the good. It would have been of the very bad, actually.

Buffy found her thoughts drifting towards tonight. The sun hadn't even dawned to make it officially a day, and she was already thinking of when it would go down again. Hmm. Sounded like someone she knew. Tonight might have been a little more dificult to get out of the house. After her little outburst and absence, Dawn, Tara and Willow wouldn't just let her leave again to patrol. And Giles...he'll probably want to check up on Buffy's eye sight. She figured so anyways. It had been a little while since he had bothered her about it. Just when she thought she was getting a break, he'd come and assess things.

Buffy wondered how she was going to be able to get away from everyone tonight to see Spike.

“Wow.” Buffy sat up. “See Spike?” Buffy shook her head at the absurd thought and laid back down. Sleeping was the only way to pass the time effectivly. So, that's what she'd do. Sleep as much as humanly possible, and then sooner then later, the night would come.
*********

It was a Friday afternoon, and Buffy was still asleep. Her body worked through her slumber, replenishing all she had lost. When she woke, she'd be at full strength. She'd be ready, and very able to do battle.


“Buffy's home then?” Tara asked Willow. Willow shook her head.

“Yeah. She's in her room. I checked to see if she was home when I got up. She was in her beddy-by, fast asleep.” Willow said. Tara smiled.

“Wasn't last night amazing? That sparr last night between Spike and Buffy...it did'nt seem like a regular sparr.” Tara said. “It was more like a...a-”

“Dance?” Willow asked. “Yeah. I know. Buffy really looked like she enjoyed herself. I don't blame her.” Willow said, looking disturbed. “I mean, it's all part of the whole, slayer nature.” Willow said. Tara scrunched her brow.

“You think it's wierd huh?” Willow swiped her hands in front of her.
“Totally oogie.” She said without missing a beat. “How did your classes go today?” She asked Tara, changing the subject. Tara looked up and smiled.

“They went pretty good actually.” Willow looked at her watch.

“Buffy's been sleeping a long time.” She commented. Tara nodded.

“Yeah. But she probably needs it.” Tara said. Willow's eyes went wide.

“You don't think she'd-”

“I don't know if she'd-hey don't we have homework to do?” Tara said. Willow looked confused.

“What? That's not what we were-Hi Buffy!” Willow said. Buffy furrowed her brow.

“Hi. What are you hiding?”

“H-hiding? N-no. We-we just have homework.” Tara grabbed Willow's arm and drug her upstairs before Buffy could say another thing. Buffy followed them with her eyes until they disappeared up the stairs.

“Wierd, wierd friends I have.” Buffy said groggily. She walked over to the fridge and found a bottle of juice. She fidgetted with it for a while, having trouble opening it up. Frusterated, she bared down on the bottle still trying in vain to open it, when the bottle shattered, and spurt snapple-y goodness all over her face. Buffy stood there for a while, acknowledging that even slayers sometimes lack their grace. She was about to grab a rag and clean up her juice, when the telephone rang.

“Oooh....crap...” Buffy tiptoed over the glass and grabbed the phone.

“Hello?”

“Ah, yes Buffy. Your finnally awake.” Giles said, trying to sound nochalant about her waking hour.

“Giles, I hope you have a good explanation for calling me at....5:30 in the after-noon.” Buffy sighed.

“It seems I haven't er, collected your status yet. I was hoping that tonight I'd-”

“My blindy eyes aren't blind anymore. I'm full-vision gal as of last night.” Buffy said.

“Really? That's quite astounding. What happend?” Giles said. Buffy suddenly frowned.

“Well....nothing. I was just walking through the cemetry, and bam! It just sorta...pounded itself in me” Buffy said.

“I see.” Giles took off his glasses, suddenly getting foul imagery in his mind. She wasn't telling all. He already knew the truth. It happend sometime after, or during the part of the sparr between her and Spike, Giles hadn't seen. He was almost positive that what she said hadn't been a sexual gest.

“Well, I would still like to pa-”

“Giles do we need to go over what your part is in this? I'm the slayer. I slay. Your the watcher, you-”

“Watch?” Buffy sighed in defeat

“You know what I mean.” She stated.

“Alright. If you don't want me patroling with you, then I'm comming over right now to at least run a few sight tests on you. Just to make sure your at your best.” Giles said. Buffy sighed. She knew she was at her best. “I'll be over shortly.” He said. Both lines disconnected.

Buffy walked back into the kitchen and finished cleaning up her juice, and then ran back upstairs to change---She was still wearing Spike's shirt.

*****************************

“And this one?” Giles asked, taking yet another step back. Buffy sat on her couch, arms crossed, slouching. She clearly looked bored and aggitated.

“It's an upside down capitol E.” She answered. Giles took a step back and nodded his head.

“Yes. Alright. Read the whole thing to me.” He said.

“T, E, X, 1, 5, R, backwards E, upside down T, little z, little j, little i, U, P, N, sideways F, sideways little x, This poster has been copy righted in the yea-” Giles held his hand up.

“Alright, alright. I'm finished. You passed.” He sat down and looked at the bottom of the chart at the copy right information. His eyes squinted, but he couldn't make out the words. ”Who could you possibly...” He trailed off. “Does your head hurt?” He asked. Buffy shook her head.

“Well alright. It seems that your...perfectly fine.” Giles said. “Have you any tea? Difibulators?” Buffy scrunched her brow.

“Difublawho's?” Buffy stood. “I can't pronounce it, I'm sure we don't have it. Besides, not much work was done on your half. I was the one-”

“Beating me with a stick.” Giles said firmly. Buffy's head dropped.

“Well, you were the one who wanted to test my eye-sight...Wasn't my fault I knew where you were even with a blind fold....” Buffy mumbled as she made her way to the kitchen.

Once the kettle whistled, she took it off the stove and poured Giles a cup with a tea bag. She then walked back into the living room and handed it to him. He took it from her, and stared at it for a while.

“What in the bleedin'-”

“Stay British.” Buffy said. “It's American. Just let it bob around the cup until the tea turns...brown.” She turned to ready herself for patrol. When she got back downstairs in her usual 'slayer attire' Giles had already gone. The empty tea cup he drank from was on the coffee table. On a napkin, he wrote

'Thanks for the tea. Good luck tonight on patrol.' Buffy smiled and took the tea cup and napkin to the kitchen.

“Hey, wait. Where's the tea bag?”
*******

By the time Buffy rounded up her stakes and a cross, night had fallen over Sunnydale. She walked to the base of the stairs.

“Dawnie?” She yelled. A door could be heard opening.

“Yeah?”

“I'm leaving. Tell Tara and Willow where I went if they ask. I don't know when I'll be back. Do your homework and don't wait up!” Buffy turned and opened the front door.

“Buffy wait!” Dawn came running down the stairs. Buffy stopped and looked at her sister. “I was wondering if I could have Kit over? With it being Friday and all I thought-”

“That's fine. Umm..there's some popcorn in the pantry, and I think we might have some pop in the basement if you like.” Buffy suggested. “Pizzas' in the freezer.” She said on her way out.
************

“God where is that Slayer?” Spike asked himself, pacing around his crypt. He had vowed that he would not go after her, that if she wanted to see him than she could come to him. Spike's new little vow was killing him. He was never much for keeping his vows, or promises.

Spike grabbed his duster and walked out of the crypt.

***********

“Slayer...” Buffy turned. A newbie vampire stood in her midst, teeth bared and ready for battle. Buffy fully turned her body and put her hands on her hips.

“Vampire....” She mocked the vampire. “See how you like it?” Not giving the vampire anytime to do anything, she advanced, kicking the vampire foe dead in the chest. The vampire flew backwards landed on

“Giles? What the hell are you doing here?” Buffy asked. Ignoring her question, Giles threw the vampire off himself and stood.

“I am your watcher, and I'm here, whiether you like it or not, tot take status on your slaying.” Giles said. Buffy rolled her eyes and dodged a kick from the vampire.

“Giles, this is ridiculous. I don't need help I'm-” Buffy punched the foe in the face. “Fine. See?” She held up her hand. ”He feels pain.” Giles didn't say anything. He just stood by and watched as she fought with the vampire. She wasn't having any trouble, and only prolonged his life for her pleasure.

Buffy was doing a wonderful job. Completely had the upper hand throughout the whole thing. But Giles wasn't convinced she was doing her best. Sure, she could determine what the vamp's next moves were going to be, but she didn't *know* what they'd be. He couldn't sense the fire, the passion, dare he think it, lust for the battle like she had the night before with Spike.
Giles was pulled out of his thougths when the vampire exploded into dust. He took off his glasses and cleaned them.

“Yes, well it seems your doing quite alright. Well, I'll be going then. I'll see you tomorrow.” Giles said. He gave her a smile and walked off. Buffy watched his retreating form until she couldn't see him anymore.

The battle she just had with the now pile of dust left her empty. It didn't fufill her in any way, not even knowing that she just killed something that would have killed someone. Doubtful, but still...

“Still playing by the rules. Tsk Tsk Slayer.” Spike walked out of the shadows. Buffy turned.

“What? No. I don't fight by..rules.” She said. “I won didn't I? I mean, what more do you want?” Buffy shrugged. Spike nodded a couple times and walked behind her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he leaned in by her ear.

“Yeah. You did win. But how do you feel now Buffy? Fighting in a cage?” He whispered huskily in her ear. The way he said her name made her shiver.

“Do you feel fufilled?” Spike gently moved all of her hair to one side and kissed her neck.

“I-I don't....” Buffy trailed off, her voice a little breathy. Spike smiled.

“Hmm. I can fix that.” Spike began placing wet kisses up and down her neck. Buffy's breathing quickend.

“N-no.” Buffy could barely speak as Spike found her clit. “I-ah-I c-c-an't. N-n-not here..” She breathed. Spike laughed.

“Lover..” He kissed her neck. “We could do it anywhere I choose, anytime I choose.” He whispered in her ear. His vanity pissed her off, and she spun around.

“That so is *not* true!” She yelled angrily. In a flash he was on her again. His hands found her clit once again, each and every stroke now different. Buffy felt her knees buckle completely from beneath her. Spike held her up by her waist, still stroking. He looked down at her. She already had flushed cheeks and very labored breathing.

“Oh yeah?” He said provacativly. She opened her eyes. “Stop. Me.” He told her. Buffy shook a little.

“I-I-aah-I can't..” She breathily whispered. Spike continued to look down at her, never ceasing his minstritions.

“Do you want me to stop?” He asked. Every single time he touched her, it was in a different angle with slightly different pressure. It was driving her crazy. Whatever it was he was doing, it was killing her. She knew she had no control. She was at his knees.

Spike stopped stroking her. Buffy whimpered out of dissapointment, and somewhat pain. He helped her stand on her own feet.

“Let's play a game.” He said to her. Buffy's breathing was still labored.

“Wh-what game would that be?” She asked, trying to smooth her hair. He smiled at her futile attempts.

He clasped her fingers with his and bended them back slightly. Buffy rolled her eyes.

“That's just that stupid game where you clasp fingers and whoever-”

“Gives in first, loses?” Spike finished for her. ”Yeah. That's the game, only I'm putting my own little twist to it. Would you like to play?” His eyes gleamed a menacing glow.
***************************************************************************


A/N: I'm very, very sorry for that long wait....But reviews are the very things that pull us authors through. Anyways, working on the 8th chapter to Virginity. Should be up soon, so check for it!