Chapter 3: Blinded

“Okay. I have another stake now...Let’s see those bastards brake this one...” Buffy had wondered aimlessly, looking for her vampire foes until from behind her she heard,
“Slayer.” Buffy quickly turned around and was faced with the same ten or twelve that had almost killed her before. The fight quickly started as she plunged at the first vampire she saw. She had dusted about three of them, before the rest had started taking advantage of her weariness. He had some how managed to encircle, and surround her. The began closing in on her, and soon taking there turns at bashing. She fighting back, and went to stake one, when it grabbed the stake and completely obliterated it. She watched helplessly as the vampire opened his had and let the tiny shards of wood fall to the ground with an evil chuckle. While she watched this, one of the vampires behind her hauled off and hit her with all his might. She took the blow the her upper back. Then another in her side, then another in her stomach, then one to the head. She fell helplessly to the ground, and before the blackness engulfed her, she thought she saw a waft of platinum blonde hair.
Spike had gotten there just in time to see her fall. Alarm rose high in his chest at the thought of losing her. He ran towards the vampires, with a stake in each hand. He had managed to get two of them dusted. Now he just had to worry about the other seven. Not to worry though, he had faced more. The fight itself was extremely easy for him. He had tons of feelings to vent out, and that worked out well for him. The fight was over and he stood in the wake of seven piles of dust.
“Tch! Bloody wankers, thinkin’ they could take me....” He thoughts were cut away when his eyes fell to Buffy’s badly beaten body.
“Guess she chose not to fight this time......” He said with an extremity of concern and fear. He picked her up, and began walking to his crypt. The sudden movement stirred Buffy. Thinking one of her attackers was taking her somewhere, her eyes shot open.
“No!” Spike, stopped walking and looked at the slayer in his arms. Even with her eyes open, all she could see was black. She had gone completely blind. When she realized this, she was immediately alarmed. “Oh god..” She whimpered. Buffy brought her hand up slowly, and caressed Spike’s check lightly. Still trying to make out who it was she spoke. “Shhh. It’s okay.” Spike said gently. She must not have heard him.
“.......Can’t see........” She sounded so scared, and vulnerable. With a trembling hand, she the tips of her fingers over his cheek, and she felt the definite indent there. Then they moved to his lips. She gently ran her fingers over his lips. They were full, and soft. Immediately she knew who was holding her. She had felt his lips on hers before.
“......Spike...............safe...” Now with assurance that she was safe, she let her head loll back and slip into unconsciousness. Spike just looked at the woman he held in his arms, as he tried to register what it was she had done. The first thing he realized is that she must’ve been blind. She had said she couldn’t see. She was so scared, and weak. The next thing he realized, was how she found out it was him. She had felt his features. He smiled as his eyes welled with tears. Maybe there was hope for him after all.