Chapter 4: Reunion

When Spike reached the inside of his crypt, he laid her gently on the one sarcoughagus with blankets. He covered her so she’d be warm. Then he sat down, and just watched her sleep.
“I can’t believe she didn’t bloody fight those guys.” Spike thought aloud. “Damn it. She usually eats that many for....for....for bloody breakfast, and stands in their wake. So the bloody question is why she didn’t fight.....” Then it dawned on Spike. She felt depressed. Chances are she probably wasn’t just feeling it, she probably was. Buffy stirred in her sleep. Spike smiled at how innocent and carefree she could look while sleeping. Spike stood and walked over to were Buffy was sleeping. He caressed her cheek.
“Buffy, luv. Don’t you see? You need some one to help you.” He whispered. “You need that darkness. Because in the darkness is were your power lies. You have to stop rejecting it---Or you’ll die.”
**************
A few hours later, Buffy awoke with a start. She jerked herself into a sitting position. Her eyes were wide with fear, but she saw nothing but darkness.
“Oh god!” She whimpered. She brought her knees up to her chin and wrapped her arms around her legs. Slowly, she began to rock back and forth.
“SPIKE!” She shrieked. Her voice was distorted from her sobs. Spike jumped. And the sight he awoke to broke his heart. He ran to her side and enveloped her into his embrace.
“Shhh. I’m right here. It’s okay. Your alright now.” Buffy arms desperately clung to him. She was crying, but tried to hold it back.
“Spike? I can’t- I-I can’t see anything.” Spike gently began to rock with her in his arms.
“Shh. I know. It’s okay. It won’t last forever though. I promise. It’ll only be temporary.” His voice was quiet and soft. It comforted her a little, and eased some of her worries.
“I want to go home.” She sobbed. Spike sighed audibly.
“And I would love to do so, but the suns’ up.” Buffy shivered. Spike got up to get his duster for her. Once he released her she became extremely alarmed.
“Spike? Where are you? What are you doing?” With each word, hysteria rose higher.
“It’s okay. I’m right here. I’m just getting-” He was interrupted.
“I’m sorry.” She sharply whispered. “I know I’ve been rude to you. But don’t leave me. I-I-I...I can’t see anything.” She jumped a little when she felt the duster drape over her shoulders. And right after that, she felt Spike’s arms around her once again.
“What about your other senses? Are they okay? Or is it just your sight?” Spike asked gently. Buffy sniffled.
“Well, Giles taught me how to manage without my sight, but......everything is so jumbled...I can hear just fine...but I feel..........lost. It feels like everything and everyone is lost.....” Her words were cryptic of sorts, but he understood exactly what she meant.
When nightfall came, he carried her back to her house. He reached the front door, he banged on it with his foot to attract attention.
“ ’Ey! Some one open u-” The door swung open. Behind it stood a worried sick Dawn. She saw Buffy in his arms.
“Buffy!”
“Step aside ’bit. Let me get her to the couch.” When she was laid on the couch, Dawn quickly knelt beside her.
“Dawnie?” Buffy ran her fingers through Dawn’s dark brown hair and smiled. Dawn smiled.
“What’s wrong Buffy? Your acting-”
“She can’t see. She’s blind.” Looking at the way Dawn was looking at Spike, which was terrified, he quickly added, “Don’t worry Nibblet. It’s only temporary. She’ll be ship shape in a few days or so. I’d better call Giles though.” He took two steps.
“No!” She blushed at the amount of anxiety her voice held, so she added, “Spike stay here with me.” Buffy called out aimlessly in the dark. “Dawnie, could you call him?” Dawn smiled.
“Sure.” When she left the room Spike walked over to Buffy.
“What is it?” Buffy couldn’t see herself, but she was sure she knit her brow.
“What do you mean, ’what is it?’” She asked confused.
“Well, what did you want to talk to me about?”
“Huh?” Buffy said. Spike chuckled.
“I mean why did you call me over here.”
“Oh. I-I just-. I feel safer when-when-“ Buffy was relieved to be interrupted. Spike sighed audibly. She was going to say something, he could see it in her eyes. Despite the bad timing, he smiled.
“Giles said he’d be here in like-” Dawn was interrupted when the door swung open. It was Giles.
“Dang!” Dawn said.
“Where is she?” He barged into the living room.