Once again, Buffy found herself walking alone in the cemetery. Everyone made her feel so damn helpless the past couple days. She wished she had some one who wouldn't coddle her the second they saw her. She just wanted to be treated equally for once....she just wanted to be treated like she could hold her own, instead of needing to be held.

Since there was no one like that right now, she'd just have to walk around and get into fights with the run of the mill idiot vampires, thinking they could kill her, and take over Sunny dale. The fact was they were wrong, and their stupidity annoyed her, but at least they didn't want to coddle her. Blind or not, ready or not, they always forced her to hold her own, which she couldn’t get that from her friends as of late. That's why she decided to come to the cemeteries. She was ready, willing and.......not so able to fight. On her rampaging haste to get out of the house, she had forgotten to grab a stake. She could go back, but didn't want to face Will, Dawnie and Tara just yet. She needed time to breath. They weren't giving it to her, so she took it, and took off.

She couldn't go to Spike's for a stake.... but then again, he wouldn't let her go......though he wouldn't coddle her either....She caught herself contemplating going over there, and quickly shook her head.

"No. I'm angry with him. Remember Buffy?"
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Spike loomed around his cemetery, looking for something, anything he could pummel and kill. His arm still hurt from earlier when he stuck it out in the sun like a bloody pilic.

Spike stopped suddenly. He could smell vanilla…..and he could sense the slayer. He could sense Buffy. He looked around for her presence, but he couldn’t see her yet. But he knew she was close by. He walked for a couple a minutes more, until he could see her. Just as she came into his view, Buffy stopped in her tracks. She sensed him. Spike saw her throw up her hands. Spike decided that he might as well go to her now. She already knew he was there. He might as well take what he wanted from her.

“Spike what do you want? To coddle me? Take a number and get in line. No one can keep their hands off me.” She said with disdain. Spike stopped smirking. He knew that if he smirked while he spoke to her, she’d hear it in his voice.

“No. I don’t want to coddle you.” He said looking at her.
“Then what do you want?” She asked crisply. Spike walked closer to her, and tucked a stray lock behind her ear.
“I want to dance with you.” He said in a provocative whisper. Buffy’s heart began to race, and her muscles tensed, reacting to his words. She took a step back.

“You want to dance?” She said in the same provocative whisper.
“Let’s dance.” She said.

Buffy knew that she was feeding his vanity, and cockiness, not to mention his true nature in pitting vampire against slayer. But she couldn’t help it. This is exactly what she was looking for. The blood and adrenaline rush was calling to her. This is the chance that she had, to prove she could do it. She could feel her blood pumping for it, screaming for it. Her skin hummed, as her muscles tensed and rippled beneath it. She couldn’t deny something as this to herself. It was her nature, as it was his. *I’ll teach him,* She thought to herself *that I don’t need to be coddled*

Buffy smiled darkly, and advanced.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+


Willow paced in circles in the living room. Dawn had been gently sent to bed by Tara hours before. Now Tara resided on the couch, watch her Willow pace. She couldn’t blame her. Tara was worried sick too. It was long over due since Buffy should’ve been
home, and that’s why they sent Dawn to bed before she could worry.

Finally Willow stopped and faced Tara. She had tears in her eyes, as well as on her cheeks.

“Tara she’s out there. I drove her out there. We—we have to go out and find her Tara. She’s blind. She can’t see.” Willow said, her lungs voluntarily sucking in air. It was the after math of crying a lot. Tara stood and walked over to the side of Willow.

“Okay.” She shook her head. “But let me call Giles, Xander, and Anya. I’m sure they could help us.” Willow looked puzzled.

“Why do we need to call them? I did this so I should just go after her.” Willow said. Tara smiled lightly.

“We’ll need help if we run into something.” Tara said

“Well who’s going to watch after Dawnie?” Willow asked.

“I’ll ask Anya to.” Tara said. She gave Willow’s shoulder a light squeeze before she left the room to dial the other scoobies. Willow walked over to the couch and sat down.
***

“Hello?”
“Hey Xander, this is Tara.”
“Oh, hey Tara. What’s up?” Xander said as he yawned. Tara blushed a little.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you. But Buffy left a while ago, and we’re worried. We want to go after her. Willow’s worried sick.” Xander was suddenly wide awake.
“We’ll be over in five. Did you get Giles?” Tara nodded.
“Yeah. He’s on his way over.”
“Alright.” Both lines disconnected. Tara walked back into the living room. Willow was sitting on the couch clutching a pillow.
“Everyone’s one their way here. I’m going to get weapons ready.” Just as Tara turned to towards the weapons chest, Giles walked in through the foyer. Willow stood up from the couch.

“Hey Giles.” She said. Giles gave her a sympathetic smile.
“Willow, she will be fine.” He said softly. Willow chin trembled, but she nodded. Just then Xander and Anya burst in.

“How we doin’ on weapons?” Xander asked.
“Well I was just going through to see what we needed, but you can take what you want.” Tara said. Xander nodded and walked over to the chest beside Tara. Willow turned to Anya.

“Hey Anya? Do you think you could stay here and watch after Dawn?” She asked. Anya nodded.

“Yes. I’ll stay here and look after Dawn. But can I sleep?” She asked. Leave it to Anya to always stay the same, no matter what the situation……….Willow nodded her head.

“Uh Yeah. You can sleep in mine and Tara’s bed.”
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

“What cemetery do we start with?” Tara asked, as the scoobies walked down the street.
“Who else? Spike’s.” Xander said with distaste.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+

Buffy ducked down just as Spike was about to kick her. Before he could do anything else, Buffy grabbed his other leg and pulled. Spike lost his balance and fell. Buffy stood. She lifted her foot to kick her but he caught it and threw it back. Buffy fell backwards. She quickly threw up her legs so she could flip back up. Just as she stood, Spike delivered a punch to the left side of her face. Buffy recovered quickly. She kicked Spike’s torso, sending him flying backwards. Buffy didn’t give him anytime to recover. She quickly advanced on him delivering yet another kick to a staggering Spike. He fell backwards and landed on his back. He smiled as Buffy ran to him. As she jumped towards him, Spike threw up his feet and flipped her over him. Buffy cried out as she landed. They both stood, staring darkly at the other, both waiting for the other to strike.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

“Oh God did you hear that?” Willow asked. “It was Buffy.” The group broke out into a run. The all ran towards the sounds they heard. Buffy was fighting. They collected that much. But they had no idea with what, or if she was even winning.

The whole group came to a sudden halt behind some bushes. About fifty feet in front of them, there Buffy was, fighting with Spike. Xander’s eyes were about to bug out of his head.
He started to move out of the bushes to Buffy’s aid when he felt a strong grip on his shoulder. Giles stood behind Xander, shaking his head, never taking his eyes off the duelers in front of him.

“Dear lord…..” Giles murmured. “They moved together with such precision, such accuracy. It’s almost as if they can predict the others’ next move….” Giles said with fixation. “In all my years…I’ve never seen her move like that.” He whispered to himself. In front of them, the battle raged on.

Spike was the first to strike. He moved towards her and began throwing punches at her. He threw a left at her Buffy blocked it. He threw a right, but Buffy blocked it. Their movements at the moment reminded Giles of a sword fight., only somehow, more deadly, and much, much faster were the movements.

“Dear God…and she’s still blind…..” Giles whispered.

Just as Spike threw another left punch, Buffy ducked, and she kicked him square in the chest. Spike’s duster wafted behind him as he flew backwards. He got up and brushed himself off, an almost insane chuckle escaped his lips. He stopped suddenly, and looked gravely at her.

“Now it’s time dance.” He said, as his human guise melted away. He crossed his arms and buried them in his duster. When he pulled them out, two swords materialized. The blades themselves were at least two and a half feet long.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
Xander’s eyes went impossibly wide, and he moved to Buffy’s aid once again. And once again was held back. He turned quickly, to find not Giles, but Willow with her hand on his shoulder. She was smiling unconsciously, transfixed with the battle.


“Willow! He’s going all Sumari Spike on her! I’ve got to help!” Xander said in a desperate whisper. Her eyes never looked away from Buffy and Spike. She shook her head, the transfixed smile still there on her lips.

“No. She can hold her own.”
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Buffy heard the dagger swords clink together. Before Spike knew what happened, Buffy did a one eighty, and kicked own of the swords out of his hand. It flew up in the air, and Buffy caught it by the handle.

“Only if I get to dance too.” Spike looked extremely surprised. He had expected her to take one of them from him at one point, but not so soon. His shock wore off, and he smiled. He was glad she was blind, other wise she would have been able to see that he was actually proud of her for it.

Buffy was the one to make the first to move. With her sword raised, she charged at him. Spike was prepared for her. He held out his sword to block her on coming strike. Swords began to clink, and clank as they were tossed about with a lethal accuracy that looked graceful.

*It sorta looks like a sword fight out of the Musketeers movie* Tara thought, as she too was transfixed with the battle at hand.

Spike swung his sword at Buffy’s knocking it to the ground. Before Buffy knew what happened, Spike was behind her with his sword to her throat. Buffy looked non the least bit frightened. Buffy could feel his unneeded breath against her neck.

“I want you.” Spike whispered in her ear. Buffy could feel her entire body reacting to his words, and she knew that Spike knew his words were affecting her. She could hear him smirk. At that moment Buffy spun herself out of his grasp, and kicked his sword out of his hand. It flew up, and she caught it just like she had the first. Spike smirked again.

“You can use my sword.” She said smiling. “I seemed to have misplaced mine.” She stood poised, preparing for his strike. Spike looked around quickly and located the sword. It was behind her.
“Bugger…” He said under his breath. With a roar, Spike sprang forward, and ducked just below the Buffy’s swinging blade. He did a couple summersaults and stopped, kneeling on one knee. Spike grabbed the sword and stood. Buffy had long since turned around. She knew what he was going to do. When he hesitated to pick up the sword, she knew it was behind her. It was almost absurd to her, to not know Spike’s next move.

She felt him.
She sensed him.
She breathed him.
She smelt him.
She could taste him.
He was her equal.

If he had a beating heart, it would beat in her head. It was two minds fusing together. One hearing the others thoughts, one hearing the others battle screams, one hearing the others actions, tasting them, feeling them, knowing them, as if it were their own. And as Spike raised his sword, and she blocked it with her own, it was at that moment, that she realized he wasn’t holding back, nor had he been. She could taste his perspirations of effort on her lips, almost as if his skin was against them. They weren’t. It just loomed in the air, and hung above them, as did the lust and passion of the battle. It was intoxicating to Spike, and Buffy could smell it too. She just let go of herself, and let her primeval side take control. It was just as intoxicating to her as it was him.

Spike lashed out at Buffy once again. He raised his sword high over his head, and brought it brutally down against Buffy’s. Buffy’s sword was forced down as Spike moved towards her again. Not matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t raise it. Spike held her sword down with his.

“I can smell you, Slayer.” He said huskily in her ear. “I know you want me. I can taste it.” Out of nowhere, a fresh burst of adrenaline shot throw her veins. With a half scream she raised her sword. The force threw Spike backwards.

“I can taste you too.” She whispered. Buffy advanced on Spike. He smirked as he began blocking her sword pitches. Left, right, left, right…their feet began moving together too.
****

“Oh wow…..” Tara whispered. “It looks like there…. Dancing…” Giles studied them with a scrutiny.

“Yes….” Giles said, almost out of breath. “They are dancing. This is what a slayer does.” Giles said. “Slayers have no dark-side.” He realized. “It’s just…….Primeval.”

*Look at her* Giles thought to himself. *So lethally graceful. She completely let her self go in the battle. This is it! This is what she was missing! This is what she’s been deprived of* Giles thought as he continued to watch them battle. *This is what she’s been lacking. I can’t continue to coddle her. That’s what was killing her…….we got in her way. We tied her to this world, and she was unable to let go and be in the battle. Oh, dear god….* Giles thought sadly to himself. He was aggravated that he and the others held her back so. While Buffy was in battle she thought of her friends. That’s how Giles always believed that she was always able to pull through. But he realized, that this, and the exact way he had trained her, was what was holding her back, keeping her Buffy, and not the slayer.

He watched Buffy’s full potential continue to two-step with Spike on the battlefield. As he watched, he realized that what they were watching was not for them. It was the Slayer’s domain, and they were there. If she were to realize that he and the scoobies were there, she wouldn’t be at her full potential. She’d stop fighting like she enjoyed it. Giles could tell that she had enjoyed it. She’d hide the way she fought.

*We make her ashamed of being the slayer* He realized. All slayers had a lust for the battle, and so did Buffy. She proved that here. They needed that lust to stay alive. Only those who lost it would die. She couldn’t let them see that she actually enjoyed fighting, what would they think?

“C’mon. We need to go.”
“But-“
“Come on.” Giles said more sternly. “We need to go. She’s fine.” He pointed to the still dueling couple. “She’ll be back whenever she’s finished. With that, Giles rounded up the scoobies, and forced them away from the enticing battle.

~+~+~+~+~+~

The air around Buffy and Spike thickened. Buff was finding it hard to breath. Buffy maneuvered her sword left and right, with out having time to think, so she could block Spike’s movements. More adrenaline came to Buffy and she raised her sword high over her head, and swung at Spike’s sword. The force caused both of them to fly backwards. But instead off falling, both Buffy and Spike used the force to spin them back around so they would once again face one another. Both raised their swords. Buffy felt the cold metal of Spike’s sword on her throat once again. She smirked, because she too had her sword against Spike’s throat.

“Equally matched…” She whispered. Buffy dropped her sword, as did Spike. His vampric face molded back into his human guise. The air thickened even more around them, and things began moving in slow motion as the world around them disappeared. Both Buffy and Spike closed the distance in between them.

Spike looked down at Buffy. Her skin was extremely flushed, and she had a sheen of perspiration that covered her. Her flesh still hummed as her heated blood with it’s last bit of adrenaline rushed through her veins. He could hear her breathing as if it surrounded him. He moved a stray piece of sweat matted hair out of her face, and tucked it behind her ear.

“God….” He murmured. “You were beautiful.”
“When?” She asked, still partially out of breath.
“When you were dancing.” He answered her. “You move like an angel…” He whispered. Spike caressed her cheek with his hand. “I need you Buffy.” Buffy’s body reacted to his words once again, and she didn’t care if he knew it. Part of her, most of her, wanted him to know it.

“I need you too.” She answered breathlessly.
*************************

A/N: lol. Sorry about the mistake before, in posting the "short chappie" lol. I made this one nice and long to make up for it! What do you guys think of the chapter? Should I continue with the story?
What do you think?