Chapter 19
The creaking and swaying movements were the first two things Buffy realized. Her head pounded and she felt so weak. Drusilla must have dumped her someplace. Buffy shifted and opened her eyes. The darkness surrounded her, baring down on her. The hard horizontal surface uncomfortably dug into her back. She shifted, hitting her foot on something hard beside her. Checking with the other leg, she encountered another hard surface. Afraid of what she would find, Buffy tentatively moved her hands up. Stifling a scream, Buffy found another hard surface in front of her. Trapped, Buffy moved up and down, trying to see how big the box that held her was. Was this a form of Drusilla’s craziness? Is this torture for turning William and Spike’s heads? Buffy felt around the surface, realizing she was surrounded by wood and she knew wood, it was her weapon of choice. Weak from the loss of blood, Buffy could barely lift her fist and pound on the surface. Hearing the echo of her pitiful knock, she lifted her leg and kicked the side of the box that held her. She felt the wood budge and continued to kick a small hole through. Tired, and not getting very far, Buffy stopped. Her whole body hurt from the hunger. Buffy idly wondered how long she had been unconscious. She never remembered being this ravenous. The pull of survival made Buffy punch against the wood, sending splinters everywhere.

Angel watched Buffy try and escape her coffin. He didn’t know what to do. He could help her free herself, but what would he say? How could he explain that she was a vampire? Explain that she craved the blood, violence, and sex? How could he look into her green eyes and tell her she will never step in the sunlight again? Fear grasped his heart as he watched her kick and claw her way to freedom. With sad eyes, he scooted over to her. “Buffy?” His voice cracked under the strain. “Buffy, stop it.” Angel knew the moment she heard him. The thrashing and grunts stopped.

“Angel?” She sounded so innocent. How could she be a monster with that voice?

Peering into the hole she created near her face, he saw her yellow eyes. They glowed up in an uncertain emotion. Wrinkles marred her high forehead and she rasped through her teeth. Realization hit her as she looked up at Angel. Her finger hit her canines, slicing open her skin. Blood poured into her mouth and she knew. She was a vampire. Tears ran down her face as she stared at her long claw like nails and cold skin. Angel grabbed a hold of the lid and ripped it off. As he looked at her, her body shook in fear.
“Buffy.”

“No, don’t look at me!” Angel smelled her fear and sadness.

“Buffy, please.” Angel reached down, but Buffy’s hand flew up and knock his arm away. Before he could recover, Buffy leapt from the box that held her prisoner and ran into the shadows. Huddled down, Buffy took in her surroundings. They were in a metal room with no doors or windows and it felt like they were moving. Buffy’s eyes widened when she realized that they were in a train’s cargo compartment. The clanking of the rails soothed her somehow. Angel stood up and look towards her. His face vamped out. “Buffy, you can’t hide. I can see you.” Stepping closer, Angel used his best intimidation voice. “Were going to have to deal with this sooner or later.”

Buffy ducked her head down, covering it with her arms. “Angel, what happened?”

Sighing, Angel stopped moving forward. “What is the last thing you remember?” He calmly unbutton his shirt sleeves and started to roll them up.

“Drusilla…” Buffy rasped through her fangs. The hunger started to over take her. She felt like she was in a cold sweat. Every sound, every movement brought her eyes to focus on it. Despite no light in the compartment, she saw every line, every shadow.

“She… turned you. I don’t know why.”

“Where?” God, she was hungry. She couldn’t even develop full sentences.

“Dusted.” Angel brought out a Swiss Army knife and opened it. “Found right next to you…your corpse.” Buffy flinched at the words and was entranced with watching Angel slice open his arm. He lifted it up, letting the red liquid well up. “Here, you need to eat.” Buffy shook her head. Drinking blood was icky in her opinion and she couldn’t… not from Angel. “God damn it Buffy. You can’t even form sentences. Here.” Angel was next to her before she knew it, shoving his arm in her face. The liquid glistened, calling for her. With a lick of her lips, she ran her tongue around the wound, licking up the dripping liquid. Need over took her and her fangs slipped through his skin, drawing his essence into her. The taste exploded in her mouth, drenching her taste buds in a symphony of crimson ecstasy. More. That’s the only thought in her mind at the moment. She couldn’t get enough. Pulling enough to sate her thirst. Angel knew it too. He finally pushed her away at the last moment. He knew the hunger in fledglings was drastic, and the only thing that would truly satisfy her was the blood of her Sire. However, Buffy’s sire was dead.

Buffy ridges disappeared as her human visage came forward. The bloodlust in her was manageable and she calmed down. “Angel?”

“Give me a moment, Buff.” With his tongue, Angel licked the gaping wound, licking off any extra liquid she might have missed. Angel wrapped his arm up in a tourniquet, stopping the blood flow. Sighing, he faced off with Buffy. Her questioning eyes met his and her emotions spilled. Running, she jumped in his arms, pushing him over and onto the ground.

~*~*~
The sun was setting again in New York. Bustling business shut down as the nightlife woke up. The last orange-yellow rays on the sun hid behind the buildings, gasping in its nightly death. Spike reveled in the feeling of night being reborn. The cold breeze whipped around the buildings, coating everything. Streetlights flickered on, giving the cities occupants a false sense of security. Growling, Spike stood outside the house, watching the minions pack the Desoto. The trip would be long and arduous. Spike wasn’t sure what he would find in California, if anything, but he had to try for William. For Drusilla. His memory of the vision he had when he touched Drusilla’s ashes was fading slowly. He could no longer recall details, only thoughts and feelings now. The overwhelming thing he knew was that the Slayer, the turned Slayer, was the key in the future of the clan, and too civilization, as they know it. Drusilla sacrificed herself: her blood, her emotions, and her body to the balance of the earth. For her new Childe to rise to power?

When Spike and William finally stumbled home, right before sunrise, the minions already knew that the mistress was gone from this plane of existence. Not knowing how to act, they took care of Spike and William. They were glad that her ramblings and temper tantrums were a thing of the past. Elated that they didn’t have to have any more tea parties or have to play with dolls, they listened to the new Master of the family. Mated with their mistress and by full right in lineage, next in line to take over the clan, Spike reveled in his elevation to power. He no longer stood behind Drusilla, taking care of her, but now, he was the one in front. The one every minion would cower away from. Spike loved the feeling and he showed it. The beatings of three inconsequential minions Drusilla had turned to be playmates, served Spike’s powerbase well. None of the minions wanted to be on the receiving end of his fists or fangs.

With strict orders, the minions drained the remaining people in their possession, bagging their blood carefully for the long trip to find the newest member of the family. Gossip of the slayer turned vampire, ran through the whole household. Were the legends true that a turned Slayer would be crazier than their former mistress was? If they found her and brought her back, would she go on a rampage and kill them? They remembered her screams and wails while she was imprisoned in the lower bedroom. Would she take out her revenge on them? The Master and his brother seemed intent on finding her and bringing her into the fold, so they couldn’t argue or wouldn’t argue with either of them. The research minions tracked down Angel’s information. His place of residence and business address, one in the same, was given to Spike with directions on how to get there. Spike, anxious to find her, dragged William out of the house only a few moments before the sun rose over the horizon. The two brothers were intent on not wasting much time and drove away before the first rays of the dawn, could catch them.

For two days, the vampire brothers took turns driving west. This time alone, brothers bonded, brining Spike and William together. They grew closer, understanding the others motives a little bit more, understanding the importance of their special sister. Spike shared his vision that Drusilla passed to him, the possible end of the world. And the role Buffy could play if they find her in time. Their objective was clear and concise: get Buffy before Angel could do any damage. The threat of a cursed soul weighed heavily on William. Has it been fate all these years that brought her back to him? Did Drusilla know that he would bring them a Slayer, his childhood friend, who would end up ruling the demon community?

Finally, after over 40 hours of straight driving, the Desoto rolled into Los Angeles mid-afternoon. Spike pulled up in front of the Hyperion hotel, put the car into park and sat back waiting for the sun to go down. The building towered up from the street, teasing the vampire brothers. Spike felt a familial bond inside, but couldn’t tell if it was Buffy or Angel. He wasn’t sure how strong his bond to Buffy would be. He knew he would have to take over the Sire duties for her. Teach her how to hunt and drain victims quickly and silently. His cock stirred, thinking of her muscles being even more enhanced with the demon’s powers. She would be a lovely vampire. Snapping to attention, the duo watched as the humans left the building, as the sun started to fade over the horizon. Evidently, Angel Investigations were closing for the night.

The sun finally laid to rest, allowing the two vampires to exit the car. Hoping for a surprise attack, they ran into the building. Stepping into the deserted lobby, Spike relied on his instincts to find Buffy. Stepping forward, Spike opened his vampire senses in search of the girl that Drusilla died for. Spike and William stalked through the first floor and down to the basement. As they neared where Spike felt Buffy would be, neither gave notice that no man or beast was around.

a/n: I know a bit confusing.... But all will be revealed.