Chapter 20
Buffy’s head felt heavy as she started to wake up. The fog that enveloped her was lifting rapidly. Senses started to attune to her environment. Chained, once again, Buffy woke up completely. Growling deep in her chest, Buffy opened her eyes to find Angel standing only a few feet away. His face was marred with bruises and cuts, distorting his natural good looks with puckered black and blue marks. Snarling, Buffy rattled her chains, once more diving for him. The chains held her back up against the wall, preventing another attack from her. Pushing through the pain, Buffy slumped forward, trying to break free. The shackles bit into her skin, breaking the surface, allowing precious blood to flow down her arms. Angel stood by, watching her struggle against her bonds.

The attack on the train was not a total surprise to Angel. Her demon was mostly in control of her body, and Angel knew she was not sated with the pig’s blood running in his veins. The added Grandsire properties in his blood, helped just enough for Buffy to control her visage, but nothing more. It took all the strength and will power Angel had to control her demon. Her slayer muscles were still weakened with the change; didn’t stand a chance against his more in tuned muscles. Knocked out, and desperate for blood, Buffy’s face reverted to the demon visage. Angel bound her arms and legs completely, immobilizing her if she should wake up before he could get her to the Hyperion.

Buffy didn’t wake up on the train, or with in the first twelve hours of her imprisonment at the Hyperion. Few people were made aware of the slayer turned vampire. Giles had warned Angel of the Watcher’s Council sniffing around Sunnydale. Their mystics had told them the power of the slayer’s had shifted. The in lfux of watchers in the sunny state worried Angel. If he couldn’t get in control of Buffy she probably would be dust before the next sunrise. Angel contacted Willow hoping she could do a spell to bind Buffy for the time being, but that kind of magic couldn’t travel the distance. The red headed woman became a powerful Wicca, able to harness the earthly energy and focus it. Bending the elements to her will, she has been a valuable asset to the good fight, but there still were limitations.

Finding an Orb of Thesulah wasn’t hard. Giles kept one in stock in case Angel lost his soul again. Willow traveled to Los Angeles that first day with the orb and spell ingredients. If they could re-ensoul Buffy before she had her first kill, her first feeding, her first steps into vampiric-hood, she might not be damned. Angel stood in front of Buffy’s bound body, on a vigil to keep her safe from harm. Giles and Willow walked into the room, slightly of put at the wrinkled face of their fallen friend.

Buffy watched with feral eyes as the two humans approached her. She felt the blood through their veins. The swooshing of their beating blood coursing for her. Willow, her dear friend looked at Buffy with such pity and disgrace and Giles, her virtual father, couldn’t even bear to look at her as he approached. They got closer, almost with in reach of her shackled hands. Willow stopped and started to prepare a sacred circle for the ritual. Giles stood by, just out of Buffy’s range, watching Willow prepare. She handed Angel burning incense. Indicating for him to walk around the room, blessing the space.

Stepping forward, Willow sat at Buffy feet and threw stones into the circle. Glancing at Angel and then panning to Giles, Willow nodded and held the orb up. “Quod perditum est, invenietur.”

Giles muttered, “What is lost, return.” His eyes rested on Buffy, as she struggled against her bonds.

Willow continued, “Not dead, nor not of the living. Spirits of the interregnum, I call. Gods, bind her. Cast her heart from the evil realm.” Willow panted a little, feeling the energy crack around her, “Return. I call on...” Suddenly a rush of wind entered the dark room, swirling the light around. The orb lifted itself from Willows palm and hovered in the air. With blackened eyes, she started to chant, “Te implor, Doamne, nu ignora aceasta rugaminte.

Giles watched, his eyes wide open, “Oh lord, she’s possessed!” Watching her, he muttered, “I implore you, Lord, do not ignore this request.”

With vigor she continued her chant, “Nici mort, nici al fiintei... Lasa orbita sa fie vasul care-i va transporta, sufletul la el. Asa sa fie! Asa sa fie! Acum!” With a clap of energy Willow yelled, “Acum!” The orb glowed radiant gold and faded. Falling down into Willow’s palm, the Orb of Thesulah laid dormant once again.

~*~*~
Twelve hours later….

Spike kicked the door open to Buffy’s chamber, throwing dust and debris into the air. The stench of incense and torment permeated the air, drawing the two vampires into the tiny room. As the dust settled, Spike spotted the prisoner. Shackled up onto a wall like the sacrificed Jesus Christ, Buffy hung limply. Her demon, long given up to her salvation, retreated into her mind, leaving the shell of her body. William quickly walked over to her and tugged onto her shackles. The metal bit into his skin, breaking the surface. Growling, Buffy’s head rose. The smell of blood, especially not the pigs blood Angel tried to give her, called to her demon. Nipping at the air, he tried to find the source. Spike watched her carefully. Her movements were hampered and slow. She was left here to starve to death. Had Angel already cursed her? Shaking his thoughts out of his head, Spike approached William who was still busy trying to break the bonds that held her. Spike stilled his work and brought attention to Buffy, her mouth blindly lunging for her food source. Spike brought William’s fingers up to Buffy’s mouth, allowing her to suck in the needed nutrients. Growling, the pressure in Buffy’s mouth increased, drawing the blood from William.

Spike stepped back, allowing William to feed her, allowing him to bond with her demon first. Spike went into another room and grabbed and axe. Coming back, he started to work on the chains that held Buffy upright. Freeing one side of her body, Spike watched as her body lurched forward, grabbing on to William’s shoulders. Grabbing her upright, William held her as she sucked. Slowly realization came forward and Buffy let go of his fingers only to latch on William’s neck. Screaming, William felt the pierce of her razor sharp canines into his skin. The blood she pulled into her strengthened her muscles, allowing her to stand on her own while holding on to William.

Spike started to pound away at the remaining shackles. Breaking free, Spike grabbed Buffy away from William. She growled in protest, blood dripping down her chin. “Now, now, none of that pet. We’ve got to get out of here.”

William swayed and steadied himself. Buffy pulled quite a bit of blood from him. It was a good thing there was a large supply of blood still in the Desoto. Buffy lunged at Spike, still ravenous from being starved. Blocking her penetration, Spike lifted her up in his arms so she couldn’t get to his neck. “Have plenty of time for that pet. Let’s go.”

William walked ahead of Spike as they made their way out of the hotel. Spike held Buffy’s face away from his skin, avoiding her sharp teeth from embedding themselves into him until they got to safety. Spike climbed into the backseat, allowing William to navigate through the streets. Five packets of blood that the minions packed later, Buffy’s demon was back in control. Finally fed properly, Buffy slipped into unconsciousness as Spike cradled her.


a/n: And she is saved! Or is she? More to come.