Chapter 25
The heavy curtains were drawn tightly against the windows in the living room. The big-screen television sat in the center of the room, pictures flickering on it, illuminating the darkness. A large, comfortable couch sat right in front of the entertainment center; two bodies were lying down covered with a blanket and cuddling.

One decidedly male and the other female.

A soft, dulcet giggle came from the feminine figure as it snuggled closer to the other one. A low groan vibrated through the room as she twisted her body towards the male. Tiny moans of pleasure escaped them both as they fell into a world all their own.

She looked up into his adoring blue eyes and sighed, closing hers to the tender look he gave her as she pressed her lips to his. They explored each other’s mouths slowly as they had all the time in the world. He gripped her waist, bringing it closer to his groin. Gently writhing against each other, he lifted her body and slid underneath her. Her knees rose to grip his hips as they humped.

“Oh, God!” She moaned through short puffs of needless air.

Lit by the soft glow of the television, they rocked back and forth with each other. Her neck arched as he nibbled her throat, his blunt teeth careful not to break her delicate skin. His tongue moved over previous marks marring her neck, eliciting a squeal of excitement from her. His cock strained against the zipper of his jeans, the metal biting into the smooth skin as they dry-humped each other.

His protest stayed on his kiss-swollen lips as she lifted her head and shoulders, rising above him to straddle him. Her hands stilled him by lightly pressing down on his collarbone. “Shh,” she whispered in a sulty voice. Her hands stroked down the plains of his chest, her touch licking at the fire of lust held within. Her fingertips moved down to his stomach, scratching him through the material of his t-shirt causing him to arch with need.

Her fingers danced up her splayed thighs, moving enticingly over her clothes. She grabbed the hem of her shirt with both hands, drawing it up her torso. Her smooth skin became visible inch by inch. Holding his needless breath, he watched as she lifted her arms above her head, flinging the garment into the air. With hooded eyes, she looked down at him and moved her shoulders, causing her unsupported breasts to bounce lightly. Her arms crossed over her chest, her hands cupping her shoulders. He watched, entranced as her hands moved slowly down her body. Her fingers grazed against the swell of her breasts. Desire flamed inside him as she pinched her areolas. She smiled down at him, quite aware of his predicament.

He felt like a coiled spring ready to be engaged, his energy pounding away while his heart lay still in his chest. He watched as she slipped into her demonic visage, her eyes turning into deep amber pools and her skin distorting into ridges. Her hips moved front to back, grinding down on his arousal. He growled as he shifted into his demonic face, desire controlling his brain as she moved faster. His hands rested along her thighs, his fingers kneading the flesh covered by her pants. She pushed her groin down harder against his waist, causing him to inhale sharply.

“Buffy,” his labored voice echoed in the room. She bent down, her tongue snaking out to lick his neck. Her hands gripped his shirt, tugging at the offending material. Nails sliced through the cotton shirt like melted butter; her need too great to control. His hands moved from her thighs, trailing up to her bare back. Her fangs grazed his jugular, breaking his flesh open for her enjoyment. Her tongue eagerly lapped up the crimson liquid that started to well at the surface of his neck. The muscles in his fingers convulsed, grabbing onto her skin as her tongue lapped at his skin.

She sat up, still grinding down on him. Her hands moved quickly to pull his shirt from the waistband of his pants. Once they were both shirtless, their hands moved quickly, exploring each other into a frenzied foreplay. His hands moved to rest on her hips, his fingers splayed towards her back, holding her close to his chest. Her soft breasts rubbed deliciously against his hard chest. Her lips searched against his salty skin for their destination. Their mouths melded together, both bodies straining for more.

He held her close, hands roaming over her back and trailing along her waist. Her legs straightened, moving down to entwine with his as they furiously made out. Her hands moved down to his pants zipper and flung it down its track. She grasped his erection without preamble, squeezing drops of pre-cum from the tip. Inhaling sharply as his body tensed, he laid still until the danger of impending orgasm passed. Her lips barely parted with his, as she whispered, “I want to feel you inside me.”

Her breathy request hit his ears immediately, causing him to go into action. His mouth sought hers again, plying her with passion and love. With his hands firmly holding onto her, he shifted their bodies so they lay facing each other.

When she was pressed against the back of the couch his fingers moved to her pants fastenings, freeing her body. They both kicked and pushed the rest of the clothing off, leaving them wanting and needing. Their lips separated, each pulling back to look at the other. He balanced on his side at the edge of the cushion as she fell back into the couch.

Her eyes bored into his, they were both breathing hard but their bodies were still. She moved first, her leg hooked over his hip, opening her dripping sex to him. They moved together, lips landed on lips, teeth scraping together as their lower bodies twined. His hips surged against hers driving his cock into her core. He moved above her, driving her into the depths of the cushions, pulling out and pushing into her. She sobbed into his mouth, grateful to feel him moving inside her.

His hips thrust forward with velocity, his demon at the forefront. He smelled the sweet scent of her blood calling to him. It smelled like home. Blinking, he pushed away the violence that tried to seduce him.

His face melted back becoming smooth, his lips soft as he kissed her. He slowed his hips, moving them gentler against her. Her body reacted, muscles relaxed as her own demon retreated beneath her human guise. He heard her moan against his neck, her lips working furiously, kissing and licking at his skin. Her legs cradled his hips, helping him move in and out of her.

She cried out as she felt her orgasm overtake her, her voice hoarse and lusty. He felt her muscles contract around his cock just as his own impending orgasm hit him. Grinding his teeth together, he pushed deep inside her womb as he flooded her with his cold semen.

~*~*~

Days after their arrival in New York…

William watched Buffy from the staircase, moving with grace and power with her hair tied neatly at the nape of her neck. She was walking in the upstairs hallway, studying the art that adorned the walls. With her hands clasped behind her back and her head cocked to the right, she looked like an average college student, only she wasn’t.

At least she wasn’t anymore.

William regretted that she would never walk down the long carpet to receive her diploma. Or, listen to the countless speeches made by unknown celebrities congratulating her class on the accomplishment of completing college.

It had been days since they arrived back to the house and the subsequent uprising of the minions and lower Childer. Spike kept her in his room for the next two days, sating his beast and hunger with her flesh. William heard his possessive growls and her shrieks through the door, jealousy biting its way into his heart. Buffy found him soon after she was released from Spike’s room, needing reassurance from him.

It wasn’t so bad, William thought as he watched Buffy browse through the hallway that afternoon. He knew Spike didn’t have her heart. He was incapable of holding it, still too distraught over Drusilla’s demise. The brutality that Spike bestowed upon her, the rigid teachings that a fledgling must go through to learn and to respect their Sire was almost too much to watch. However, William stood in the shadows, watching her, watching them; unable and unwilling to abandon her.

Scratches still marred Buffy’s neck, William noticed as she turned to look at another piece of art. He clenched his jaw in frustration. She shouldn’t be hurt. If she belonged to him, and only him, she wouldn’t be hurt. He’d find another way to ensure her survival in the Demon World.

Buffy turned, hearing William’s growl at the top of the staircase, “William!” She smiled, her eyes glittering with hope. She walked quickly towards him, her arms swinging to her side. “Hey you!”

William pushed his thoughts away and smiled at Buffy, his arms opened for her to walk into his embrace. “Hey.” He inhaled her scent, noticing that it was sans Spike. “What are you doing up so early?”

“Oh.” She bowed her head. “Spike had business, or something I suppose; he told me to explore while the minions were still sleeping the big sleep.”

“Spike left you alone today? When did he leave?” William couldn’t believe that Spike would leave her alone; he’d been protective of her, refusing to leave her side for more than a good hunt or family business.

“Before sun up,” she smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. “Spent most of the day in front of the television. Now I remember that daytime T.V. sucks.”

William chuckled and nodded, “Why do you think we sleep during the day?” Carefully he pushed her away. “Why didn’t you come to me?”

“Oh,” she said apologetically, “I didn’t know where your room was…” she trailed off, breaking eye contact. “I haven’t been able to explore much.”

“I know, here, let me show you. Right here,” William opened his door, revealing a dark blue room. The full bed was in the center, covered by a deep blue comforter, pillows piled on top.

Her eyes widened, “It looks so comfortable!”

William was glad Buffy liked his room, “Give it a try out.”

Buffy smiled and started to run towards the bed, at the last moment she jumped up, landing on her knees, with the comforter pillowing around her body. She looked over at William. “It reminds me of your old room.”

“Really?” William asked, looking around at the deep blue walls. He didn’t think about his human life anymore. It was pointless, after the first year. No family left, except the girl currently sitting on his bed wearing a huge smile on her face.

“Yep,” she continued, “I remember we painted your ceiling this color because you wanted a skylight and your mom wouldn’t let you have it. She insisted the neighbors upstairs wouldn’t like a hole in their floor.”

“I remember.” He sat down on the bed. “She was really angry and made us paint it back to white.”

Buffy giggled and wiggled down, laying her head against one of his pillows. “She said that the Super would get angry if he saw it.” William noticed she buried her face in the pillow, inhaling his scent.

“Yeah.” William followed suit, lying next to her. “She made me paint it three more times before we moved.” Her hand reached for his, entwining their fingers.

“Really?” Buffy yawned, “We really did a great job then.” Her eyes fluttered closed, sleep overtaking her.

“That we did.” William watched her fall asleep, content to doze off holding her hand.

~*~*~

The night that Buffy ran away….

William walked into the house, refreshed by his recent feeding and immediately sensed something was wrong. Minions licked their lips with anticipation as William passed; their demons visible and anxious.

Shifting into his vampire visage, William sniffed at the air. Gasping at the heavy scent of Buffy’s blood hanging in the air, William tore through the house. He tracked Buffy’s scent from the front door back to Spike’s room. It hung heavy in the hallway, her blood was smeared along the walls and carpet.

Without thought, William barged into Spike’s room, intent on finding the source of Buffy’s injuries. He heard a loud growl emanating across the room. Spike stood proud and naked before him, covered in what looked like blood and holding one of Drusilla’s dresses. William growled back, his demon knowing that the blood coating Spike belonged to Buffy. “Get out,” Spike growled.

“What did you do with her?” William snarled as he walked inside the room, uncaring of what Spike may do to him. Concern for Buffy overwhelmed him.

“Punished.” Spike dropped Drusilla’s gown as he stalked towards William. “Get out boy, you don’t belong here.”

“What did you do to her?” William asked again, his demon warning him of danger, but his body refusing to heed the call.

“She deserved to be punished,” Spike came closer, “Not going to warn you again, Willy.”

“What’d she do?” William stood his ground, “You’re covered in her blood.”

“Shut up and get out,” Spike spat out.

Changing tactics, William looked over at the dresser that held Drusilla’s belongings. “What would she think, Spike, huh? Are you taking care of her Childe like she asked? Or, does she want you to beat and rape Buffy?”

“You don’t know what you are talking about, mate. She had no right to go through Dru’s things.” Spike gritted his teeth.

“Really? I guess I don’t know. I don’t know about how Buffy grieves for her Sire. Her true Sire! She feels Drusilla, don’t you get it? Dru floats in Buffy’s veins, connecting us all together and Buffy doesn’t understand it all. She can’t. She was looking for a connection with Dru.”

“What do you mean?” Spike growled, his demon still enraged over the fledglings actions.

“She’s hasn’t felt it, not like how we did. Those first nights with Drusilla, resting our heads against her bosom. Feeling her fingers run through our hair.” William paused. “She’s had what? Torture at the hands of Angel, forced to drink pig blood, god knows how many soul spells thrown on her, all failed, then what? We come in, saving the day, carting her off to feed on rancid bags of blood so we don’t have to take time to hunt? Then we get here and what? Fight the minions off because she’s considered a consort and not a Childe?”

“She’s a Childe,” Spike spoke through clenched teeth.

“Really?” William was confident that Spike would not attack, “She knows how to hunt? Feed? Have they seen her in any position other than under you?”

“Shut your gob!” Spike yelled.

“You know it’s true!” William pressed on, “Sooner or later she’s going to be taken away because she isn’t your Childe.”

“Shut up!” Spike yelled. His face melted into human form, a look of dread crossed his face as he finally understood his new Childe. “Oh, God!”

Spike stumbled away from William, his mind filled with thoughts of Buffy, her face broken. He grabbed his black jeans and t-shirt. The longer he took dressing, the more distraught Spike felt. His demon came back to the forefront, a series of growls and grunts reverberated inside the room.

“Stay here,” Spike told William as he walked out the front door. He stopped just a few feet from the door, sniffing the air and cursing. “I’ll find her.”

William glared at Spike. “You’d better.”

~*~*~

Present:

William opened his eyes, his thoughts jarring him awake. Buffy was naked, laying on his chest still unconscious. Her nose twitched in the cool air as they snuggled on the couch.

The past month seemed to fly by for him. The tension was alleviated from the family when Spike came back with Buffy last week. She was bouncing with energy from her first kill. Spike stood back as Drusilla’s other Childer greeted her into the fold, a proud smile on his face. The minions watched from the shadows and doorways as Spike invited William to the celebration, leaving no doubt that Buffy was not just a consort for Spike’s pleasure.

William sighed, that night was nice. He had held Buffy’s hand as she told him of her hunt, excited to relive the intimacy of the bite and the feelings that fresh human blood invoked in her. Later that night William overheard some of Drusilla’s older Childer talking quietly about the new toy of the Master. William gritted his teeth as they made comments about her and the potential danger she could bring against the family. He wasn’t happy, far from it. Their apparent approval in front of Spike was just a ruse; they still looked down on her.

He looked down at Buffy, realizing that she was watching him. “Hi,” she murmured as she drew her finger through her hair, straightening her locks.

“Hey,” he whispered, not wanting to ruin the intimate setting of first waking up after making love.

“That was,” she paused, her breath puffed against his skin, “wonderful.”

William shifted out from underneath her to lie beside her, his hands caressing her soft skin. “It was.”

Buffy inhaled sharply, her eyes filling with lust. William smiled at her, his own desire flickering in his eyes. Buffy leaned closer, her eyes drifting shut as their mouths fused together once again.

a/n: Thank you all for reading and reviewing. It makes me excited to write more. I cannot stress enough that any sexual relationship between Spike and William will be implied and not described in much detail. I am not a slash author, sorry. I hope you do enjoy this chapter.