Chapter 2

John and Eric, returned with the first round of beers and margaritas for the group. The men took their spots on the comfy couch, as the group looked around at the patrons. The club wasn’t packed, but it was starting to get full. Glancing up, Justine saw some guys she knew on the dance floor. Grabbing Buffy’s hand, Justine dragged her towards the group. Clara, Sara, Eric, and John were deep in conversation about the gay culture in Soho. Buffy followed her friend out as they started to dance with the guys, she remembered the names of the two men: Sam and Fred, from previous introductions at other clubs. The men were both close to six feet tall with brown hair. Buffy was amazed that with so many clubs in the city, the same people would pop up over and over in different clubs. She internally giggled at the thought that there was a memo with a schedule of clubs to go to. The group of four danced closer and closer to the drums and paint splattering. Buffy noticed Justine trying to direct Sam away from the splatters.

Grinning, Buffy whipped around from her current dace partner, Fred, and raced around the drums, splattering herself with the day glow paint. Almost instantaneously, Buffy came back covered in splatters of orange and green paint. Laughing, Fred moved a stray stand of her hair off her flushed face. Buffy knew Fred wanted to be more than an occasional dance partner, but she just didn’t feel the same way. Trying to keep him at an emotional distance, she stepped away from his touch. The next song started as Buffy danced away from Fred, more towards Justine and Sam. Grinning, she hugged Justine and winked at Sam. Looking up, Justine noticed Buffy’s body was covered in the paint and screeched, “You BITCH! You just had to do that?” Buffy laughed as she saw the smeared paint on the other woman’s clothes. Blowing a kiss, Buffy scampered away from her fuming friend, continuing to dance with Fred and other people around her. All Buffy had to do was wait a couple minutes, and her little prank would be forgiven and forgotten. If Justine didn’t intend to get splattered with paint, she wouldn’t have come to this club.

After four more songs, Buffy found her way back to her friends’ lounge and her margarita. She drank most of it in one gulp, making Eric laugh. “Buffster, if you want to get drunk in the first two hours, that’s one way to do it.”

Grinning, Buffy drank the rest of the margarita and went to grab his beer. Eric grabbed his bottle first and yanked it away. Pouting, “Oh come on Eric. It’s really hot out there and I’m all thirsty.” She didn’t even bother to try and seduce him she knew it wouldn’t work with Eric.

Eric shook his head and pointed to the bar. “It’s your turn, Buff. Go on and get me another Guinness.” The rest of the group at the table, sans Justine, gave their drink orders and Buffy went to the bar to order the round. As she ordered, Buffy felt a familiar tickling in the pit of her stomach and the back of her skull. Wincing, she looked around trying to figure out where the feeling was coming from. The bartender came back with the drinks on a platter for her to carry to her friends. She opened up a tab and carefully carried the drinks back to the couch and chairs. Glancing from side to side to spot the vampire that was out to ruin her night, she made it to her friends. Putting on a smile and joking around by handing them their drinks like a professional waitress, Buffy forgot about the pit of her stomach tingling and the hairs on the back of her neck standing straight up. Walking back up from taking the tray the bartender let her use back, she giggled as Eric grabbed her waist bringing her down between John and himself. Wiggling, Buffy got comfortable, grabbing her drink, and starting to relax. Both men’s arms wound around her shoulders, forming a cocoon around her.
~*~*~
Upstairs on the balcony, the couple sat at their table, paying no attention to anyone else. The darker of the two giggled and ran her sharp red fingernail down the other’s face. A thin red line of blood formed as she brought her tongue to lap at it. Smiling, Spike let Drusilla lick him clean. Luckily, he found some young man for her to feed on before they arrived at the club, or she would be complaining about her stomach grumbling and wanting to eat everyone around them. As it was, he was afraid she would sniff the sultry air and decided she was hungry again, which would cause nothing but trouble. Drusilla pulled away from her lighter companion and snapped her teeth together. “My Spike wants me to behave tonight and not eat the puppies. I won’t eat the puppies for him.” Drusilla sat deeper into his embrace and nuzzled his neck with her nose. Spike in turn looked down at his dark princess. Her precious sanity was in tact for now and Spike silently thanked William for that, even though Spike would never admit too William, he did something good. It seemed ever since the inclusion of William into their family, her sane moments increased and lasted longer. She told them about three months after William joined them that the stars whispered still, but only the delicious things. “Spike what are you thinking about?”

“Nothing, pet.” Spike sat back in his chair, releasing Drusilla from his black clad grasp.

Pouting, Drusilla sat back in her chair and fiddled with imaginary fairies in the air. “My Spike says nothing, but the stars say you like William. Why are you so nasty to him, pet?”

Spike rolled his eyes, like he always did when Drusilla would call him on his cruelty towards his vampire brother. “I’m not cruel.” He wanted to say cruel was her sire, Angelus. That mean son of a bitch devised any conceivable torture to the people around him. With his games, Angelus turned a sweet virtuous girl into the creature before him. He wanted to mention it, but then she would be sad that her daddy wasn’t around. “Don’t know why you had to turn him, pet. I mean how much more poncy can you get?”

Drusilla tipped her head back, baring her neck as she laughed. “Silly, Spike! He is our wonderful baby. Isn’t he, pet? Filled with the passion of you, and the blood of me. The perfect Childe.” Spike snorted.

The passion of himself all right, too much like ‘him’ was more like it. They found the young man sitting next to a grave, with a date that was one year old. Drusilla told Spike that the stars lit him up with the colors of the Fourth of July. Barely seeing the boy, Spike let Drusilla weave her spell around the human so she would be able to feed. After hunting down his own meal, Spike came upon Drusilla kneeling in the cool grass, cradling the dead body of the boy he saw earlier. “Spike, look who I found.” Drusilla lifted her arms up, revealing the young man’s face. Taken aback with the high cheekbones and aristocratic nose, Spike closed his eyes and counted to ten. The tell tale red lips told him that Drusilla didn’t just kill Spike’s double, but sired him as well. “What a beautiful baby. The stars gave him to us.”

“Dru! What the fuck have you done?” Spike opened his eyes, looking down at the picture of Drusilla and her new Childe. It reminded him of the paintings in Paris, of a mother and her child suckling on her tit, sweet and almost innocent.

Drusilla’s eyes widened, as she got angry. “He’s our baby, Spike. Why are you so angry?” She let go of the dead man’s form and stood up raising her arms above her head. “The stars say he will be a wonderful baby. Passion and fortitude this one has. Just wait ‘til you see our baby boy grow up.”

Shaking his head away from the memories, Spike picked up his glass of bourbon and threw it back into his throat. Spike had to give it to William, he actually wasn’t as poncy as Spike had once been. Love sick and devastated by his last crush and society rules, Spike stumbled across Drusilla and her family in a barn. She had offered him salvation. In opposite, William just didn’t want to feel the pain of loosing another loved one. William had felt the love and joy towards himself through family and friends. When he first woke up, William wanted nothing to do with Spike and clung to Drusilla’s metaphoric underskirts whenever the other male vampire came into the room. With in days, Spike barged into the bedroom that William was in and asserted his dominance on his young brother. Since that day, William has tolerated Spike’s presence and hasn’t been as dependent on his sire. He began to socialize with the other members of the family, even when Drusilla wasn’t looking on. Unlike most fledglings, he proved smart from the word go and moved up in the ranks quickly.

Thinking of William’s first year with them, Spike looked around for his brother. Not finding him on the balcony, Spike got up to look over the dance floor. Drusilla followed and swayed her hips as she looked down. With her nose in the air, Drusilla sniffed the heated air and gasped. “Do you smell that?” Her eyes widened and her arms moved out of time with the music.

Spike looked over at her and grabbed her waist. “What’s that, love?” He felt the stirrings of desire run through him as her body tipped towards his.

In a child like voice she whispered, “I smell a slayer, pet.” Giggling, she stood up and twirled around.

“A slayer, you say? What would a slayer be doing in a town like this when there is a Hellmouth on the other side of the country?” Spike said more for his benefit than actually expecting an answer.

“Shhh, naughty boy! You shall have no cookies.” Drusilla swatted his shoulder. “I can hear her glorious heart beat. Thump! Thump! Thump!” She stopped dancing around and pouted as she stood still, “The stars are weeping for the fallen girl.” Spike raised his right eyebrow trying to follow the inane sense that Drusilla was spouting off.

“Fallen girl?” Spike glanced down to the sea of sweaty bodies, trying to figure out which one is the slayer.

“Her sister in arms is on the sunny coast, my Spike. A dark one in the sunny town, such a splendor she is. She can have all the cookies she wants.” Drusilla started to move about again, loosing interest in the discussion. “Come, my pet. Let’s go dance and be merry.”

“Dru,” his arms wound around Drusilla’s waist again. “How about the slayer? She’s here, yeah?”

“Oh, the sun warrior is here, but our William will take care of her. Sh, he’s already found her, that naughty boy. Such spirit and grace.”

TBC

a/n: Reviewing takes about 1 minute.. while writing just one chapter can take days, please be kind to authors and take a moment to send them a quick note.