Chapter 3

Down on the first floor, Buffy and her four friends were having a wonderful time. Between the tequila shots, that Clara came back with and Sara’s declaration of Alabama Slammers for everyone, Buffy was having a hard time keeping up with the guys. She dragged John on to the dance floor a couple times, making him dance near the drums and getting splattered with paint. Nursing a beer that John brought back after their dance, Buffy sat in the comfortable safe haven, between her two favorite men. Knowing she needed to stop drinking and sober up a little, Buffy stumbled to the bar. Luckily, she already opened a tab, so she didn’t have to co-ordinate payment yet. Ordering coffee and sodas, she stumbled back to the couch. The bartender offered for a waitress to carry the drinks over, since she was so inebriated. Stumbling over the back of the couch, Buffy landed headfirst. Eric and John laughed at her antics and tried to right her position. Slapping her ass, John felt a tell tale bite on his thigh. “Oh, you little tease!” He grabbed her legs that were still flaying in the air and twisted her so they were in his lap. Eric watched as she struggled, but couldn’t free herself, because her head was trapped underneath her on the cushion. Joining in the fun, Eric slapped her ass and dodged her flaying arms.

Embarrassed at her antics, Buffy lifted up and rescued her head. Laying face down on Eric’s lap and John holding her legs she smiled. “So, I’ve got you two by the proverbial balls.” She shook her ass towards John and tried to free her legs.

“Huh?” Eric looked down and saw where her head laid. “Let her legs go, man!”

Snickering, John held on tighter and slapped Buffy’s ass again. “Why should I?”

She twisted her head and smiled, “Because I got your boy toy’s balls next to my teeth. Let me go if you ever what him to be a man again.” Immediately her legs were free and she was sitting up correctly. After a couple minutes, Buffy whined, “I’m cold.” Her arms were covered in goose bumps and she brought her arms up and tried to get warm. Being the gentleman that he was, John took off his blazer and covered her shoulders. Smiling gratefully, Buffy got her arms in the sleeves. Almost instantly, she was more comfortable. “Thanks, sweetie.” Drinking the coffee, Buffy started to get more energy and wanted to dance. “John, dance with me.”

John shook his head, “Ask Eric. You already dragged me into that death trap they call a dance floor.” Fluttering her eyelashes at Eric, Buffy pouted out her bottom lip and asked Eric. Giving into the pixie, Eric nodded and helped Buffy stand up. Before they could get three steps to the dance floor, John came up behind Buffy and took his jacket. “Didn’t think I’d let you cover it in pink paint, did you?”

Hugging him she whispered, “You know me too well.” Going back to the couch, John chuckled.

Two fast songs later, Buffy and Eric were cover in blue and pink paint, but having fun. The techno music blasted in their ears, as they grinded in the dance floor. “You know, I must be really pathetic.”

“Huh, pathetic, why?” Eric moved his hands down to Buffy’s waist and brought her closer.

“It’s been way to long since I’ve had a good hard fuck and here I am humping my roommate’s gay boyfriend’s leg in the middle of New York! With no chance of having a fuck tonight. Pathetic!”

Throwing his head back, Eric nodded and replied, “You’re right, pathetic.”

“Hey, you didn’t have to agree with me.” Thinking for a minute, “You’re one to talk, you’re grinding your boyfriend’s roommate!”

“Touché,” with a wink he continued, “But I’m going to get laid tonight.” Laughing together, the pair continued their close dance, unaware a pair of eyes following their movements, ever since Buffy went up to the bar.

Sitting back in the shadows of the club, stood one amazed and pissed off vampire. William fought the desire to let go of his demon and rip her away from him, teaching her whom she should be with. Her long golden hair, hung over her shoulders as she moved against the other man. Blind hatred and jealousy overwhelmed William’s body, mind, and missing soul as he watched her dance with the man. He didn’t even know that she was in New York, he lost contact with her shortly after her mom moved from L.A. Glancing towards his sire and her mate was, William moved closer to the object of his past obsession.

William wasn’t sure what made him turn his head to see her. At first, he was just hunting the group of women he noticed dancing earlier. The women made their way up to the bar and then suddenly something made him lose his concentration of his prey. Maybe it was a familiar laugh or the scent of perfume, but whatever it was, it forced William to see her. She was barely standing up straight, talking to the bartender. He noticed her white tank top was covered in splotches of neon paint; obviously she was dancing near the drums. On the tip of her nose, was a small orange droplet of paint that just begged for a kiss, William’s lips itched to kiss the paint away. All too soon, she turned her back on him and headed back to her friends. The backs of her blue jeans were covered in the paint, too. He watched her stumble slightly as she neared the couch. Suddenly her legs were up in the air and two men started to spank her. Fury entered his eyes, turning them from blue to yellow in the matter of milliseconds. Almost in admiration, he watched as she threatened the men and her subsequent turn around.

Despite the missing years, William knew who the beautiful creature was: his best friend. In the shadows, he studied the subtle and not so subtle changes. Her hair was straighter and longer compared to how she used to wear it. One of the first things he noticed even when she was at the bar, her chest filled out more. Her breasts, barely restrained by her tank top, looked soft and inviting as the peaked over the top. His nose and mouth itched to nuzzle and taste the sweet honey that was her golden skin. Her skin stretched taunt over her bones and muscles, previewing a beautiful body hidden by her clothes. William relished in watching her walk, the movement of a predator, but wasn’t he the predator and her, his prey?

Shaking his thoughts away, he watched he snuggle between the two men. Jealousy reigned over William as the taller of her companions, draped his jacket over her shoulders and she gave a grateful smile. William remembered when that smile, those twinkling eyes were directed at him. Growling deep in his throat, William moved forward, ready to claim what was rightfully his. Twenty more feet to go and he would be able to touch that silken hair, twenty too many feet, because at that moment she was dragging the other male onto the dance floor. She left the coat with its owner and begun to dance and have fun. The demon screaming inside his body to kill the man, William calmly walked to the bar to get a closer look at her dancing. During the first song, the couple danced and jumped to the beat of the music, but all too soon, their bodies moved closer together. Slinking back into the shadows that littered the edge of the club, William watched as her leg came up and rested on his hip. He watched her mouth move closer to his ear, whispering something of great importance. Laughing, the two continued to dance.

No longer able to control the impulse, William stepped out on to the dance floor, it was time.

a/n: Thanks for the great reviews. I'm glad you are enjoying NYA. To answer Beth's comment: S/W will be implied. At times it may be implied heavily... I'm not a slash writer and I don't think I would do such a good job with Slash.