a/n: This chapter skips from s/d and w/b quite a bit.


Chapter 4

The rhythm of the drums coursed through her body, in time with her beating heart, blood rushing from top to bottom and bottom to top. Arching her back, Buffy moved harder on Eric as he grinded himself into her. She threw her damp hair back and ran her fingers through her sweaty locks. The dull ache in her lower stomach started again, throwing Buffy’s concentration off her dancing. “Are you ready to sober up?” Eric asked. She shook her head ‘no’ and they continued to dance. If she sobered up, she would have to find the origin of her ache, and that would be a buzz kill to her and her friends. Glancing up at the balcony, her eyes were drawn to a couple dancing at the edge. Her glorious black hair hung low on her back, perfectly coiffed without a hair out of place. Her red dress hung suggestively on her body, curving around her waist. What really caught her eyes was the man dancing with her. His white hair flashed, with colors of the laser lights, as he looked down adoringly at the woman. His black encased body seemed to surround the woman; his black duster coat covered her body as she moved closer to him. Feeling like an unwelcome intruder, Buffy averted her eyes and looked towards the bar.

In the direct line of her eyesight stood one figure, one man, one creature.

~*~*~

“Look, my Spike. Our William has her now, doesn’t he?” Drusilla turned Spike’s head around and forced him to look down on the dance floor. As if Moses himself parted the dancers, William stood there, looking at one thing and that thing stared right back at him. Spike watched, as the girl untangled herself from her dance partner and stood up straight. Currents of electricity flowed between the two on the dance floor, everyone else seemingly vanishing from the club. Spike watched them, inching towards each other, sizing each other up. This was what Spike loved, the moments before the first fist flew, the first claw bared, the first barb thrown. The sweet smell of fierce adrenaline pumping through the slayer’s veins and arteries, made the victory all so much sweeter.

Fascinated by the image of the slayer, ready to fight with one of his brethren, Spike stayed up on the upper level, instead of joining in on the fun. Drusilla bounced on her feet, clapping her hands quietly. In the deep recesses of his mind, Spike knew he could add another slayer to his post, but quickly dismissed the thought. It was William’s turn, he hunted the girl down and it was up to him to finish her off. The girl didn’t look scared at all; maybe she didn’t even know what was coming. It was logical, she was in a bar and probably drinking, she may not even know what snuck up on her. Anxious for the battle to start, Spike balanced himself on the balls of his feet. He gauged the two warriors waiting for either one to make the first move. He could not see the face of the tiny slip of a girl, but he did see her flip her hair over her shoulder. However, he did have an unobstructed view of William. His legs were parted with his arms rested at his sides; the most fascinating thing though, was the tremendous emotions in his eyes: desire. Spike knew that well. Slayer blood was a legendary aphrodisiac. During the Boxer Rebellion in China, Spike felt it. The magical life giving force of the ultimate warrior filled his veins for days after he drained her dry. His perpetual hard-on kept Drusilla happy for two weeks. The months following his victory against the slayer, were filled with an incomplete feeling when he was feeding from his victims. They did not fill his undead body as completely as hers did. She fought up until the end, making her blood all that more potent. Lost in memories, Spike almost missed it. The only thing that alerted him to the upcoming movement was Drusilla whispering, “Wait ‘til you see this, my pet. Our William will surprise us!”

Almost in slow motion, the two figures moved closer together. The slayer moved with grace that would rival the best hunters in the universe. William outstretched his arms as she moved closer. Wondering why William was giving a perfect opportunity to the Slayer for a deadly blow, Spike leaned against the railing.

~*~*~

Through her alcohol-laden brain, she felt a presence. Turning around, Buffy couldn’t believe her eyes, was that William? She let go of Eric and stepped away, looking at a ghost from her past. Stepping closer, Buffy pushed her hair behind her shoulders and cocked her head to the side. It looked like him. His lean, almost lanky, body stood out from the shadows. She felt Eric move away, probably back to John and the gang on the couches. Mesmerized, Buffy studied her old friend. Thick, dark blond curls still topped his head. Stepping closer, Buffy wondered if this truly was William, her best friend, her first crush, her first kiss, her first disappointment. Her heart started to beat faster, and she felt a vibration pulsing through her body, it hummed as she came closer to her lost friend. God could it be him after all these years? Her head began to swim from the sensations racing through her body. How many times had she thought of him? How many times had she wondered what could have been? She watched his arms open in a beckoning call for her. Smiling, she knew it was him. It was her William. There was an almost luminous sheen about him, and she wondered if he was real. Even from this distance, his eyes bore into hers and touched her soul, and she felt the shock run down her spine.

~*~*~

William knew she saw him, the moment she turned around. The look in her eyes directed at him, almost made his heart beat. She let go of the guy she was dancing so intimately with. Energy flowed through William’s body like it was blood, enticing him to move toward her. The demon howled and rallied behind his eyes for release. She should be his, would be his, in every sense. Shaking off the impulse to take her right there, William opened his arms up. If she came to him, she would be his. William knew she was his if she took those precious few steps towards him. Grinning, his demon silently growled, “Come to me.” He felt her blood pump faster as her breathing became shallow and erratic. He watched the muscles in her body tense up and coil underneath her skin.

In a virtual symphony of movement, Buffy ran towards William’s outstretched arms. She flew against his surprisingly hard body, without knocking him over. His arms wrapped around her waist and brought her even closer to him. Blind to the world around them, Buffy looked into William’s clear blue eyes, savoring the sharp feeling that surged through her body. She reached out and touched his chest. As she did, his hand caught her wrist. He was real, and it was him, his smiled sealed it. “William?” Buffy wrapped one arm around his neck, the other up his back and dug her nails into him. This was real. This was intense, more powerful than she ever remembered feeling. The butterflies in her stomach were in the middle of a fucking rain dance in the pit of her stomach. She felt an indescribably draw towards him. She darted her tongue out to moisten her parched lips, and watched his eyes watch the movement of her tongue.

Without thought, their lips melted together, tongues dueled, and breaths mingled. He withdrew from the kiss then whispered in her ear, “I almost didn’t believe it was you.” He said in a deep tone which made her shiver. She tangled her fingers into his hair and drew him closer to her. He felt different. Gone was his teenage gangly body and in place was muscular and lean man. She could feel his muscles flexing, as he moved his arms up and down her back. She had been burning up, the alcohol in her blood and the heat in the club made her feel as though she would burst into flame, yet she felt a coolness as she leaned into his body. He was cold yet inviting; she didn’t want to let him go.

~*~*~

Spike couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Not only did William open his arms, but also the damn slayer ran into his arms like they were lovers! What the fuck was happening? Maybe it was just a ploy to get the Slayer to trust young William before he killed her. That HAD to be it because any other explanation was just inconceivable.

Drusilla danced beside him, oblivious to the play Spike was spying on. Glancing over at her, Spike watched her head fall back as she gasped, “Bad fairies! You shall have no milk and cookies!” Her hips twitched as her arms stretched above her head, “Such a beautiful Childe, my Spike.” Her eyes closed and her movement stopped almost completely. “I see the sun, pet. It burns and fries the wiggling worms.” Her eyes snapped open, as her body went rigid. Her hands clutched the top of her head in a desperate attempt to soothe herself. “Make it stop, Spike! Make the sun go away!” Spike moved fast to catch the collapsing Drusilla before she hit the floor.

Spike encircled Drusilla’s slight body, cradling her head on his shoulder. “Sh, love. There’s no sun here. It’s night, remember?”

Her dark doe eyes looked up into Spike’s steel gray ones, softened only by concern for her. She could almost see the sea blue color forming in the outer edges of his pupil. “Oh, Spike. The cookies taste like ashes now. Can we make more?”

Sighing, Spike nodded and helped Drusilla up. It was evident this night was too much for her fragile brain. He looked around the upper level and surmised no one would notice him carrying Drusilla out. Lifting her up, Spike glanced down at William and the Slayer. Disgusted that he had his arms wrapped around such a vile thing Spike made his way to the back entrance. William would find his way home, if the Slayer didn’t kill him before sunrise.

a/n: Keep the reviews coming. I'll try an update at least one more chapter this afternoon if you want it.