Chapter 7
The sun rose high in the sky, as Buffy headed back to her apartment. This was her special time, when John was still at class and the rest of the building was at work. The quiet hallways of the building allowed her footsteps to echo. Twisting her key in the lock and rattling the doorknob announced her presence to her black and white cat, Felix. Smiling, she opened the door and the feline popped his head out of the apartment, purring at his favorite owner. Dropping her heavily loaded book bag and taking off her winter coat, Buffy plopped down on the well-worn blue couch. Felix hopped up and made himself comfortable in her lap. Absentmindedly, she petted his head and reached for the TV remote. “What kind of trailer trash do you think is on Jerry today, Felix?” The only response to her question was a deep purr and the feel of Felix’s body stretching. Clicking through the soap operas and court shows, Buffy landed on the Lifetime Network. Sitting back she began to watch some made-for-TV movie.

Thirty minutes later and three switches of channels, the phone rang dragging Buffy out of her comfortable position. “Hello?”

“Hey there!” She knew immediately who was on the other end of the line. All those years ago, he would greet her the same way on the phone. The only difference being that his voice was so much deeper and more confident now.

“William, you called!” She was truly amazed that he called so quickly. She sat up and Felix meowed a very loud complaint.

“Of course I did! What the hell was that?” William was smiling, as he talked to his girl. After his discussion with Spike, William had headed off to bed for some rest, but it never came. If the legend was true and a turned slayer went crazy, what would happen with Buffy? He wanted her with him. He could smell her scent on his clothes from the night before. He could feel her body moving around him, enticing him to take what was rightfully his. Giving up on rest, William went back to the main floor, running into Spike again. He was lying on the couch watching his precious “Passions” television show. Knowing the sedated Drusilla was still out, William made his way to the kitchen through the minions that were awake. William picked up the cordless phone and dialed the already memorized number. Within two rings, she picked up. Her voice sounded hoarse and sleepy. He imagined her lying in bed, resting from her early class. He envisioned her under a warm comforter, nestled snug beside him.

“Oh, that’s Felix, my kitty.” Felix lifted his head in mock outrage at being called a kitty. “Ok, my not so much kitty, but cat.” She stroked Felix’s ears, making him purr in contentment.

“Ah, so what are you doing to make him sound like that?” William only wished he was there with her.

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” she smiled into the phone and continued her petting.

“That I would, sweetheart.” Her heart melted at the endearment. “Look, I don’t know what you are doing tonight, but I thought maybe we could get together.” If William had breath, he would be holding it. After all last night’s kisses and caresses, he still had a fear that she would reject him.

“That would be great.” He could hear her excitement. “Oh wait, shit, I can’t.” After a long pause, “the gang is having a study group here, but you can come over after?” She bit her lower lip, worrying it between her teeth. “I can guarantee tequila and Jack Daniels.”

“Sounds like fun, Buffy. I can’t wait. What time does your study thing end?”

“Knowing us, since it starts at seven it will end by nine thirty.” She laughed a little and his heart swelled with the sound. “It’s a wonder that any of us get good grades or graduate.” Buffy sat back into the couch. Felix readjusted himself on her lap. “So what are you up to today?”

“Ah, nothing much. Just hanging out with a couple friends.” William looked around to see if any of his “friends” were eavesdropping on him.

“So what do you do to keep yourself occupied?” She forgot to ask these questions last night. The whole reunion went by so quickly; she forgot a lot of important questions.

“Work with a couple friends here and there to pick up some cash. Not really into the nine to five job.”

“I see. I’m more of a night owl, too. Always have been. I remember calling you up at midnight way back when.” She chuckled at the fond memory.

“Me too. And my mom would wonder why the cordless phone batteries ran out of juice every morning. She never knew.”

“Really? My mom knew. She checked the phone bill and it listed the local calls. How come the bills no longer show the local calls?” She asked without expecting an answer. “So anyway, come over around ten, we definitely will be done by then.”

“Sounds good.” He knew that they should get off the phone, but he didn’t want to. “Buffy?”

“Yeah?” She felt the same way.

“I don’t want to hang up,” he admitted. He could feel such a pull through the phone lines he almost couldn’t take it.

“Neither do I.” She said quietly.

“But we’d better.” Logic ruled as he stated it.

“I guess. I’ll see you tonight?” Her hopeful tone was almost his undoing. How fast could her run to her? Would the sun get him?

“But of course!” William could hear the hopeful tone in her voice, ecstatic that she really wanted to see him. Maybe he could tell her about the vampire thing tonight and she wouldn’t freak. He could tell her all the benefits. “See you tonight.”

“Tonight. Bye.”

~*~*~

Studying went fast. Cramming away for their final tests, the group started to drink around nine. Feeling a little warm, Buffy opened the door to the balcony and looked down. Standing in front of her building was William. Glancing into the dark street she made out two other figures, the same from the balcony of the night before. A splash of bleached white hair marked the man holding the dark beauty in his arms. The three were talking in an animated conversation. “William!” She saw his head pop up in her direction. “Come on up when you’re ready!” William waved to her and continued his conversation.

John exited the apartment and stood next to Buffy. He handed her a glass filled with a Tequila Sunrise. Looking down he said, “Be careful Buffy. Something isn’t right.”

“What?” She looked over at her friend.

“I know, you’ve been happier with him this past day than you have the whole time I’ve known you, but something is… off. I don’t know what it is, but it’s there.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Buffy leaned against the railing, looking at her friend.

“Doesn’t it seem strange that, after all these years, you guys meet up again?” John sat down on a chair.

“It happens.” She shrugged.

“I know. It’s just weird. Was he at the club with anyone? Seems strange to go to that club alone.”

“I think he was with those two,” she pointed down at the street. “I saw them up on the balcony while Eric and I danced.

“But he didn’t introduce you?”

“They were gone when we went upstairs.”

“Fine, Buffy, I just don’t want to see you hurt.”

“I know, John.” She looked down seeing that William had gone into the building, and the two figures left were watching her and John. “I appreciate it, but it’s William. I’ve known him for like forever!” The two on the balcony moved into the living room and to their friends.

John got up and answered the door when William knocked. “Come on in, man. We’ve been expecting you.” William scanned the room. Clara and Eric were sitting on the worn couch and Sara was sitting between the couch and coffee table. Finally he spotted Buffy with a beer in hand coming out of the kitchen. A smile lit up her face as she came toward him. William opened his arms and a very warm and wriggling Buffy entered them. Smiling into her hair, William inhaled her scent of spice and alcohol. She led him over to a chair in the corner and motioned him to sit. She hopped up on the arm and handed him the beer. John made his way into the kitchen to make Buffy another drink.

Within ten minutes the friends and William were having a good time. Even though William wanted Buffy to himself, he didn’t mind hanging out with these people. They told silly and embarrassing stories about each other, as they became more intoxicated.

Clara and Sara were the first to leave, citing an early class. Buffy insisted that she accompany them down to the street while holding William’s hand. They watched as the two girls disappeared into the dark night. Standing a few feet away, Buffy smiled and headed over to the elevator.

“Elevator? Why didn’t you tell me? I walked up five flights for nothing?” William whined when he saw the contraption. Buffy looked at him and smiled. He was so cute with his lip pouted out.

“It’s not very reliable…gets stuck all the time.” Buffy winked at him and sashayed herself into the dark box when the doors opened. The dark yellow light flickered a couple times over her. Taking a quick unneeded breath, William watched her walk in and move to make room for him.

William followed her and smiled. “Not reliable, yeah?” Buffy glided back into the corner and nodded. “Could get stuck between floors?” Again she nodded. Motioning him to come closer with her finger, she hooked her other hand into his belt loop and drew him closer. The dark compartment started to shudder its way upward. Tensing at her teasing, William sucked in his cheeks, waiting for her to make a move.

“Stuck… all the time.” Her mouth opened and her tongue peeked through her plumped lips. He felt the temperature rise around them as his head dipped closer to hers. The heartbeat pulsing in her neck sped up as her heart started to pump harder. Inhaling, trying to mimic her, he smelled it, the sweet smell of her arousal. Sure that his cock was about to burst from his blue jeans, William pressed it up against her stomach. Smiling like a cat that had just eaten the cream Buffy pushed her groin into his, eliciting a groan from him. Her fingers crept up his chest, sliding across the material. “Wonder if we will be… un…” she smiled a bit, “lucky and get stuck.” The meaning of her words was not lost on William.

Smiling, William kissed her neck. “I’m sure.” Buffy let her head fall back, moaning at the feeling of his wet mouth making its way up to her face. He bit down with blunt teeth, lightly marking her neck as his. Her arms were wrapped tightly around his shoulders, while his mouth journeyed up her neck. Warm breath mixed with cool, as their lips met for the first time that night. Hitching her leg around William’s body, she leaned against the back of the elevator bringing him in closer. He felt her hardened nipples press through her bra, when his chest came into full contact with hers. Buffy’s arms grew tighter as she lifted her other leg up. Pressing her hard against the back wall, William felt the heat of her sex blaze a trail straight to his. His hands supported her body under her ass and back. Buffy’s head hit the back wall hard, as William tried to hold her upright. She felt the bite of the railing in the cheeks of her ass, as they ground against each other. His hands traveled around more freely, letting the weight of his body, and the solid wall behind her, hold her still. A sweetly feminine smile adorned her face when she felt his erection propped up by his zipper, he felt huge! Fantasies about his long, thick cock entering her made her even wetter. Moaning deeply, Buffy practically inhaled his lips. One of William’s hands made its way to her breast, squeezing as it explored. She felt the whole compartment shudder to a stop and prayed they were stuck. Breaking away from his lips, she glanced at the doors as they opened on the fifth floor.

Slowly, she brought her legs down from around William and pushed his body away so she could slide down. William looked around, dazed at the change of actions. She reached up and gave him a short, yet expressive kiss. “Guess we didn’t get stuck this time.” Numb from the lack of blood, William nodded. He felt ravenous. He remembered feeding before he got here, but suddenly it wasn’t enough. All his blood was one place and one place only. Looking at her flushed neck, William wondered what she would taste like. Spike said slayer blood was a delicacy. William wondered what her emotionally charged blood would taste like. Breaking away from that line of thought, William tried to will his erection away. Buffy was standing at the doorway of the elevator looking at him. “Sorry, guess we need to get back.” He nodded again. Smiling, she took his hand and they walked towards the apartment door. Slowly, they made their way closer and closer to her apartment. She stopped several feet from the entrance and leaned against the wall. “OK, calm down Buffy,” Buffy spoke quietly. William looked her over and noticed she was in a state similar to his, still overly aroused. Breathing in and out for a short moment, Buffy looked through her lashes up at William, “Ready?” With another nod, they continued to her apartment.
TBC

a/n: Thank you for the reviews, keep them coming! Just a warning... I have written up to ch 25.. more to come after that