A/N: Oh, and by the way the song in the last chapter was by Cher.


Me want Spuffiness!!!

________________________________________________________________________





The halls of Sunnydale High School were deserted and eerily quiet, as Buffy made her way past another classroom door. The sun had set and most of the building was completely darkened to a sinister shade of gray. None of the current students who attended the school could be found. The clicking of the heels on her black boots was the only sound the Buffy registered. She was alone.

Isn’t that the story of my life. She thought, sarcastically. Alone, but nevertheless on a very important mission, the blonde slayer continued in a trance-like state. She pasted the principal’s office, along with her own, not even acknowledging it was there. She knew where she was going, somewhere in the back of her mind, she just knew. Her head was positioned straight ahead and her hazel eyes never even blinked. She walked in a straight line in the middle of the wide hallway, like a soldier in an army of the chosen ones. And she was the only one.

At the end of the hall, Buffy turned to a door on her right. Reaching out and turning the knob, it creaked open and she preceded to go inside. Down the steps, and around to yet another door. Once on the other side, she looked down at the object before her boot-clad feet. The seal of Danthazar. It was opened and she could hear a voice carrying up to her ears from down inside. She followed the voice.

After she descended all the ancient stone steps, she looked around the large cavern she was now standing in. The large cliff ended about 50 feet to her left. The hellmouth. She thought, remembering the first time she jumped down here to stop the world from ending. God, those were the days.

“Big, isn’t it?” Buffy whirled around to see Spike approach her from behind.

“Spike.” She acknowledged, inquisitively. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, following you, of course. I’d follow you anywhere.” He replied, lovingly. He reached up to brush a strand of sun-kissed hair away from her eyes. She lent into his touch.

“You shouldn’t be here.” She told him, seriously. “It’s dangerous.”

“Don’t I know it.” He gestured down to the rather large pendant that hung from his neck. The amulet. Wait, what does that mean? She was about to ask him, when he interrupted her.

“There’s so many of them.” He pointed towards the cliff in front of them. Buffy only nodded her head in response, knowing that he was referring to the army of ubervamps that they would soon be fighting. “But it’s okay. They weren’t planning on me, on the champion. I’ll surprise them all, you’ll see. You’re beat them back and I’ll be the janitor. I clean up all the mess you make. Sweep all of it under the rug, where no one will find it.”

Buffy was confused. He was babbling. But Spike never babbled, unless he was crazy or something. His words frightened her, and a chill ran up her spine. She shivered. “What? What are you talking about, Spike? You’re not making any sense.”

“Shhh.” He whispered, pressing a single finger to her lips to in effort to hush her words. “It’s dark now, so dark. It’ll be light soon, though. I’ll make it light for you, Buffy.”

“How?” She asked him, urgently. She didn’t know what it was, but something about the way this conversation was headed unnerved her to no end. She just knew this was ‘of the bad’.

“By being your champion. I give you the light back, get the spark for you, you’ll see. Then all will be right as rain, and I can rest. Can we rest now, Buffy?” He mirrored his words from that night in the church when he told her about his soul. Something about getting the spark and resting. What the hell’s going on? The slayer thought.

Then the ground began to shake and Buffy lost her footing. She feel backwards on her butt with a loud thud. Spike didn’t pay any attention to her and looked up to the ceiling like it held the answers to everything. “Spike?” She questioned.

“Can you hear it, pet? Dawn’s on it’s way. It’s so bright. The light, it’s so bright.” He babbled to the fallen slayer at his feet. Buffy just stared up to him, watching him intently. Then suddenly a huge bolt of light shot out of his chest and he screamed in pain.

“Spike!” She yelled, reaching out to him. She clutched his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze to let him know that she was still there. “We have to get out of here. Come on!”

“I can feel it, Buffy.” He said, finally looking back down at her once more.

“What?” She asked, confused. A lone tear slide down the soft slope of her cheek.

“My soul.” Buffy watched as his other arm began to turn to dust slowly. The light shown everywhere and it was burning him from the inside out. She panicked and tugged on his hand harder, making him fall to his knees in front of her.

“Oh my God, Spike!” She screamed, crying harder. He was turning to dust. He was turning to dust before her very eyes and she couldn’t do a thing to stop it. Oh God, no! Please no! She prayed silently.

“I’m a champion.” He whispered to her through all the pain coursing through his body. Buffy began to cry. She was losing him. She knew she was gonna lose him and it still didn’t make the actual event any less painful. She didn’t want him to die. She didn’t want to lose him.

“You are.” She whispered back, through tears.

“I love you, Spike. I love you so much. Spike you can’t leave me. Not now, not like this.” She pleaded with him to hold on.

“I have to rest now, Buffy. I have to rest.” He looked at her. Their eyes locked and Buffy felt her heart skip a beat. This was it. This was the end. She felt the hand that she held start to break apart into dust, and lent in to kiss his soft lips one last time.

Their lips touched and she relaxed a bit. His kisses always had that affect on her. She moved closer, but he never had a chance to respond. The firmness of the skin of his lips changed into a dry, sandy texture and the slayer realized his face had turned to dust as well as the rest of his body, and before she knew it, he was gone.

“No!” Buffy shot up straight in bed. It took a moment for her to realize that she was still in the basement, lying on Spike’s cot, and that she had just been dreaming. “Oh, God.” She breathed, he heart beating wildly in her sweat-covered chest. This was just too much.

She realized that there was a hard body laying not to her and looked down. There lay her Spike, eyes closed and covered by the longest lashes she’d ever seen. His usually slicked back hair was tousled around haphazardly in waves of bleached curls, giving him a boyish appearance. To say the least, he resembled a beautiful sleeping angel.

Buffy smiled at this thought, thinking about how pissed off he would be if he knew what she was thinking. Thinking back to the dream, Buffy choked back a tiny sob. Everything seemed so real. She could have sworn she could still feel the desiccated feel of the dust on her lips after she had kissed him. A thought suddenly came to her and she looked over at the nightstand that sat next to the cot. She had seen Spike put the amulet in there before they made love. She suddenly had an idea.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thanks to all who reviewed. You’re so great! Anyway, well, I’m not finished yet, so please come back and read and review!!!