“Come on!” Kennedy called to the last girls to make it out of the basement. There were only about five or six left alive. “We have to get the hell out of this school!”

Vi approached her, dragging un unconscious Amanda by the waist and forearm. Kennedy grabbed the comatose girl and checked for a pulse. Upon not finding any, she directed the redheaded girl holding her. “Leave her.”

“What?” Vi asked, disbelievingly.

“She’s dead. Buffy said only to worry about the living or wounded. We can’t help her, leave her.” She repeated, sternly.

Vi looked reluctant, but eventually let go of the lifeless body and laid her on the ground amongst the fallen debris. She shed a tear and closed her eyes, when she suddenly felt very dizzy. Kennedy left her to go check on Willow, who lay on the cold concrete in front of the school. The redheaded witch was unconscious, and her head rested against the leather-clad shoulder of Spike, who was bleeding, and desperately trying to fight the potent urge to pass out.

“Giles! Xander! Dawn!” Buffy called, trying desperately to find her friends and sister. “Dawn! Giles! Can anyone hear me?!” She shouted, swinging her scythe and decapitating another Ubervamp in one fluid motion. “Anyone!” She tried once more.

“Buffy!”

She turned in the direction in which the voice came. It was Dawn. She was crying, and limping, and covered in dried blood, but she was alive nonetheless. “Dawn!” She rushed over to her. The two sisters embraced each other tightly, both crying. “Where’s Xander and Anya, they went with you.” Buffy asked her sister, once they separated.

Dawn’s tears came once more. “They’re gone, Buffy.” She chocked out. Buffy’s eyes widened and filled with unshed tears at the horrible news. “Anya got attacked by a bringer and Xander tried to save her. They both got killed.”

“What about Giles, a-and Robyn?” Buffy asked, not wanting to know if her beloved watcher was dead.

Dawn shook her head no. “Robyn got bit, but I saw Giles make it outside.” She informed her older sister.

Buffy looked relieved, but a little sad that more of her friends were dead. Luckily, she knew Spike had made it out safely with Willow. She didn’t even want to think about what could have happened to him. She looked around, hurriedly and gripped her sister’s hand and began to walk toward the nearest exit. “We have to get out of here.”

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Alright, it’s short, but I had to cut this chapter in half or it would have been like super long.