“Why do you seek us, lower being?” A strong male voice echoed throughout the room, causing Spike to spin wildly, searching from which direction the noise had come, and noticing the room he was in for the first time.

The walls were a rose-tinted marble, and the floor was made up of gray limestone. There were pillars, six of them spaced evenly throughout the room. They were supporting the ceiling, and they had carvings of some manner, Grecian or Roman to be exact. There was no furniture of any kind and the only thing that would catch a person’s attention was the domed archway that lead into a tunnel that stretched on for a mile or so.

“I, uh...” Spike stuttered, looking around to find where the voice was coming from. Wondering where the hell the oracles that Red talked about were, Spike took a step forward, only to come to an abrupt halt when to figures came into view before him, staring directly at him.

Spike gaped at the two figures with an unflattering, astonished expression on his face. They were a surprise, to say the least. The female of the pair stared at him with anticipation, waiting for his words. But the blonde vampire remained silent and instead just stared at the figures’ gold and silver toga and sandals before raising his eyes and examining their gold and green skin with much intensity. When it became clear that he wasn’t going to finish, the woman began to speak.

“He wishes to right that which has not yet happened. Isn’t that right?”

Spike finally found his voice and was able to speak.

“Yes, I’m here to ask for your help. The world is-” Spike started, by was interrupted by the female.

“Do you have anything to offer me?” She inquired, holding out her hand expectedly.

Spike ran his hands down the front of his chest, searching for something. He reached inside his duster pocket and produced his lighter in the palm of his left hand, then tossed it to the woman. The woman caught it and looked it over thoroughly.

“Pretty.” She said once she was finished.

“Tell us again why you seek our assistance. Something about a woman...the slayer.” The gold and green male questioned again, not looking terribly impressed with Spike’s actions. He was far more serious in his appearance and expression than the gold and green female. Spike noticed the obvious familial likeness between the two that exceeded the body color and clothing. Length of hair and height were the only characteristics that distinguished them. He guessed they were brother and sister.

“Yeah, slayer and ‘er mates are in trouble. Most of the junior slayers are dead, so is the other slayer.” Spike replied, his icy blue orbs connecting with that of dark brown ones.

“And you want to bring them back?” The woman chimed in, drawing Spike’s attention from the man back to her once more.

“What? No, I just want some help. Everyone of the damn Scoobies are dropping one by one and Buffy can’t do this alone.” Spike explained, waving his hands in the air every so often.

“It is not our place to alter the fabric of life and death. We cannot help you.” Was the man's immediate and derisive reply. He turned, as if to walk away.

Spike had had enough! He was mixed up, emotionally torn, mentally depleted, physically damaged, and all he wanted to do was rest, but he knew there was no time for it now. It had been a really bad day, to say the least. Spike was on the verge of giving up. He decided it was time he let his monsterish impulses come forth.

“Listen here, you stupid git!“ He yelled, feeling the anger start to boil in his chest. He was done asking. It had gotten him nowhere. Desperate times called for desperate measures. And this certainly qualified as one of those time.

“The First is getting stronger by the second and Buffy can stop it, I know she can, but not without help. Good people are dying. I need your soddin’ help!” He pleaded.

The man turned back to face him, but did not say a word. No emotion showed on his face, which held a resolve wise beyond his years.

“You must understand that there is a balance between good and evil,” The woman said, remaining calm despite the vampire’s outburst. “True evil cannot be fought, it cannot be killed. Evil has been and always will be. Since before the universe was born, and long after there is nothing else, it will go on. Good people always die, no one can stop that.”

“I don’t believe that.” Spike said defiantly, puffing out his chest. This time though, the man opened his mouth and finally broke his silence.

“Believe what you will, vampire, but know this, good and evil cannot exist without each other. No matter how long the warriors of the people fight, everything always remains in it’s simplest and truest form.”

“There is good.” The woman said.

“There is evil.” The man continued, falling into step with the alternating pattern of speaking.

“All of us have it in us, the capacity to do both.”

“But in the end, one question remains.”

“What side are you on?” The woman finally finished, with a steady smile.

“How long did it take you lot to memorize all the rubbish.” Spike chuckled, despite the seriousness of the situation. He had absolutely no idea whatsoever what the hell they were going on about, but decided to play it off as sarcasm.

The man looked extremely annoyed, while the woman just raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow at him and smiled.

“I can see why the slayer fancies you. You’re quite charming.” She mused.

“Will you help me, then?”

“We are not to indulge in matters of the heart. Your request is no concern of ours, lower being.” The multihued male retorted, coolly.

“Buffy will die!” Spike growled. He saw her face in his head. It was the only thing keeping him going at this point. He had to make sure she and the Nibblet survived. He would see to it, if it was the last thing he did.

“As do all slayers.” The man agreed.

“She dies and the whole god-forsaken world goes with ‘er. The First will win. Are you ready to deal with that?” The vampire argued, trying desperately to reason with the oracle, but to no avail.

“What will be will be.”

“But what hasn’t yet happened can be prevented.” The woman interjected, disrupting her brother’s argument.

“Sister, he is but a vampire!” The man tried.

“This creature knows the consequences of his actions. Death.” The woman mused, and Spike flushed, his mouth suddenly getting very dry and his stomach quivering ever so slightly. She had just told him he was going to die! Again. Oh well. He thought nonchantedly.

“Yet he is willing to sacrifice his life and chance at true happiness with the woman he loves for the fate of the world. He is not a lower being. He’s a champion.”

“So you’ll do it, then? Make it so I can fix this?” Spike gulped, unsure.

“There is a way, but it is not to be undertaken lightly.” The man informed him. He then focused his attentions toward his sister, allowing her to continue.

“We swallow this day, as though it had never happened. Twenty-four hours from the moment the last drop of blood spilled onto the seal, we take it back.”

“Then none of this happened and Buffy and I never...” Spike drifted off, his throat suddenly seeming to swell shut. Last night had been the best night of his life. The thought of knowing that it never really happened tore into him like a thousand knives. It happened. I know it did. I felt her. I felt our love. I won’t forget everything Buffy and I did. I won’t forget.

“You alone will have the sole responsibility of preventing the slayer from ever destroying the amulet that you must use to defeat the first evil. Can you handle that?” The man asked, seriously.

“Yeah, but..”

“Yes, vampire?” The woman asked, locking eyes with him.

“I want to remember it. All of it- the amulet, the battle, the time with Buffy-Everything.” He told her, choking back a sob.

“If you wish to torture yourself.” She nodded in acquiescence.

“Thank you.” Spike breathed, knowing that he was doing the right thing for the first time in his unlife.

“It is done.”

And with that all went black once more.