[ A/N—okay, I’m warning y’all that this chap skips Thanksgiving because I’m trying to get the chapters that are coming centered around Christmas. Also, massive pimping of my hometown. You’ve been warned! Also, I’m not kidding when I say that it snows a LOT here, and it’s always freezing in the winter. ]

Also, about the lines at the end of the last chapter? I thought that it described the relationship between Buffy and Spike; both on the show and in this fic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy stood in shocked silence as Spike finished his rant, her eyes widening to epic proportions.

His hair was tousled and in disarray from the numerous times he’d run his hand through the bleached strands. His ice blue eyes; the same ones that William had, were swirling around with mixed emotions. Fresh worry lines that no twenty-seven year old should have were becoming more and more prominent, and his nostrils were flaring lightly.

And all of the sudden, there it was.

The same uncontrollable, unfathomable desire that had consumed most of her youth. So, without even registering her own actions before it was too late, she grabbed him by the back of his head and pulled his lips down to hers.

___

When she’d first reached out, Spike had been sure she was about to hit him.

So, needless to say, it was a bit of a surprise when he found her lips firmly fused with his own. In his brief shock, he didn’t respond, causing her to pull away, eyes wide and fingers lightly pressed against her slightly swollen lips.

And those beautiful green eyes lowered to the floor as she whispered, “I-I’m sorry.”

He snapped out of his stupor at that and grabbed her forearms tightly. “Don’t be sorry,” he said fiercely. “Never be sorry.” Then he pulled her towards him once more, his mouth desperately seeking hers.

His warm tongue traced her lips, causing her to moan and grab the back of his head. Tongues battled persistently and teeth clashed as they used their suppressed hormones to let four years of pain, anger, and wanting to spill over and consume them. Their hands desperately clung to any part of the other’s upper body, needing to keep contact between them.

Then, what started out as an angry passion, slowly drifted into tenderness. Her hands unfurled from the tight grip they’d had on his bleached locks, coming down to cup the back of his neck. His large hands slowly unweaved the path they’d dug in her hair, both traveling down her body to clasp her small hips loosely.

When oxygen became an issue to both of them, they pulled away long enough for a few deep breaths before their lips met again.

---

Twenty minutes later, Buffy and Spike were sitting on her couch, his arm around her shoulders and Buffy’s head leaning against him.

“So,” Spike said, turning his head to look at her. “What are you doing for Christmas?”

Buffy shrugged. “Not much. Will and I were just going to stay here and pretend it’s snowing.”

“Oh,” Spike said, raising his eyebrows. “You’ve never seen snow before?”

“I mean, I HAVE, but it was on TV.”

“Hmm. Listen, how about this: I take you and William to somewhere where it snows a lot in the winter, sometimes even until April.”

“You’re taking us to Alaska?”

Spike laughed, ruffling her hair a bit. “No, little girl. Baltimore. I’ve actually got a gig there on the twenty-first…you want to come?”

---

ABOUT A MONTH LATER, DECEMBER TWENTIETH, 12:30 PM

Buffy yawned once more, trying to clear her ears. She turned her head to look over at the sleeping forms of Spike and William and smiled, remembering the past few weeks.

She and Spike had embraced a tentative relationship, both being worried about what would happen to William if they were to ever break up. Spike had stayed at their house for Thanksgiving, though it had been a bit odd for him to not have it with his band mates. And Xander…

She sighed, staring out the window. Xander hadn’t been happy about their relationship…in fact, he’d been downright pissed off. But, he took it out on Spike the most, only speaking to him when he had to. He still talked to Buffy, but all conversation either became awkward or stopped completely when it came to the subject of Spike.

She had been informed by Spike of the extent of Xander’s crush on her, and had been slightly shocked. She knew that if they had ever dated, it would have been strange since his best friend was her baby’s father.

She felt something soft fall around her shoulders and she looked up at Spike, part of the blanket still in his hand. “Thanks,” she whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder. She could almost FEEL Xander’s eyes boring holes into the back of her head, and she buried her face into his shirt. “What’s the weather like in Baltimore?”

“I asked them before the flight and they said that it’ll be snowing lightly by the time we land. So, you’ll have a white Christmas after all.”

She pulled the blanket tighter around herself, using it and his body to keep her warm. “Where are you playing again?”

“It’s a stage downtown called POWERHOUSE LIVE. It’s by a children’s place called Port Discovery. ‘ve heard it’s really fun, think Will would like it?”

“He likes everything. Who’s going to be babysitting him while we’re at your gig tonight?”

“Ah,” he said, shifting around to give her a bright smile. “That I’ve figured out. See, I have this friend named Clem…”

---

8:00 PM

“Bye, Clem!” Spike called into the suite as he closed the door. Turning around, he grinned and offered his arm to Buffy. “Shall we?”

She giggled, “We shall.”

---

POWERHOUSE LIVE

“All right, you lot,” Spike said into the microphone as he slipped on his guitar. “I had to bloody fly from California; WARM, SUNNY California, to be in soddin Baltimore. But, I came because it’s because of you all that I even HAVE a singing career, and I promised someone they’d see some snow. So, here’s a song from our newest album highway 1964.”

There was a loud cheering as a few childish voices that sounded like they’d come out of the Muppets sang out: Deck the halls with boughs of holly fa la la la la la la la la
Tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la la la la la

Spike grabbed his guitar and began playing as Chris began to drum, before grabbing the microphone and singing.

Outside the carolers start to sing
I can't describe the joy they bring
Cause joy is something they don't bring me

My girlfriend is by my side
From the roof are hanging cicles of ice
Their whiny voices get irritating
It's Christmas time again

So I stand with a dead smile on my face
Wondering how much of my time they'll waste
Oh god I hate these Satan's helpers

And then I guess I must've snapped
Because I grabbed a baseball bat
And made them all run for shelter

It's Christmas time again
It's time to be nice to the people you can't stand
all year
I'm growing tired of all this Christmas cheer
You people scare me
Please stay away from my home
If you don't wanna get me down
Just leave the presents and let me be alone.


Backstage, Buffy clapped her hands and laughed, enjoying seeing Spike onstage for the first time in four years.

He was so alive…jumping around on the stage and laughing at some points. He looked so happy, a shocking contrast to how he had been when he’d first shown up in her house.

Well I guess it's not cool to freak on Christmas Eve
Cause the cops came and arrested me
They had an unfair advantage

And even though the jail didn't have a tree
Christmas came a night early
Causes a guy named Bubba unwrapped my package (hot damn)

It's Christmas time again
It's time to be nice to the people you can't stand all year
I'm growing tired of all this Christmas cheer
You people scare me
Please stay away from home
If you don't wanna get me down
Just leave the presents and then leave me alone

---

An hour passed by quickly, and Spike wiped the sweat off of his forehead. “Jesus. You people have an inch of snow outside, and it’s a thousand degrees in here. I knew Maryland was strange. Anyway, sorry to say this, but this is our last song of the night.” The crowd groaned and he laughed. “Oh, come on! I’ve been here for an hour, singing to you lot! I just want to get back to my hotel and curl up in my bed! But seriously, this next song is, uh, dedicated to two very important people in my life: my girlfriend and our son.” There was a smattering of shocked gasps from the crowd and he nodded. “Yeah, I have a son. Honestly, I didn’t know about him until a few weeks ago, but he and his mum have slowly taken over my life. So, Buffy, want to come out here?”

Buffy’s eyes widened as Chris began to pull her out, shaking her head vigorously. “No,” she shrieked, though it was lost over the din of the crowd. Eventually, she found herself standing next to Spike, who slung an arm over her shoulders. “Everyone,” he yelled. “This is Buffy Summers. Buffy, meet everyone.” He turned to her and whispered in her ear, “Go sit on the stool behind you.”

She did, and he said, “This one’s for you,” before starting to sing.

If you want me to wait
I will wait for you
If you tell me to stay
I would stay right through
If you don’t wanna say anything at all
I’m happy wondering

Since was a young man
I never was a fun man
I never had a plan and no security then
Ever since I met you
I never could forget you
I only wanna get you right here next to me

Cause everbody (whoa) needs someone that they can trust and...
You're somebody (whoa) that I found just in time

He stood next to her while Xander played a slight solo and dropped a light kiss on her lips before pulling back and singing once more.

If you want me to wait
I will wait for you
If you want me to stay
I would stay right through
If you don’t wanna say anything at all
I’m happy wondering

Now my life is changing
Its always rearranging
It always getting stranger that I thought it ever could
Ever since I found you
I wanna be around you
I want to get down to the point that I need you

Cause everybody (wow) needs someone that they can trust and...
You're somebody (wow) that I found just in time

If you want me to wait
I will wait for you
If you tell me to stay
I would stay right thru
If you don’t wanna say anything at all
I’m happy wondering


---

When the applause for the Dingoes finally died down, Spike took off his guitar and said into the microphone, “Well, it’s been fun, but I really need to get back to my son.” He winked out at the audience. “And I believe my girl and I would like some time alone.”

Little did either of them know that what Spike had said to the audience that night would cause an avalanche of gossip to come their way…

Gossip that would almost tear them apart.

__________________________________________________________________________

TBC…

Okay, I’m not really happy with the way that chapter ended, but I can’t be all that picky about it. Anyway, I’m hoping to have this updated before Christmas, but incase I don’t, MERRY CHRISTMAS to those who celebrate it!!

Dedicated to: Cordykitten, BuffyandSpikeforever, the lady of Spike, Beth, and VamptasticA