Disclaimer: AAAAAAAAAH!!! I OWN NOTHING!!!!!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________


“Shit,” Spike said, turning around and running to the kitchen. “Joyce, I’m going to get William. You get the-”

“Spike,” Alyson called. “Someone-”

“Not now, Aly,” he snapped, scooping William into his arms. He wiped his own face with a wet cloth, and then taking another one and wiping William’s. “We’re going to be okay, alright?”

“Spike!” Joyce called. “I think that you-”

“Not now!”

Another day is going by
I'm thinking about you all the time
But you're out there
And I'm here waiting



“But-”

“NO!”

“Would you-”

“No!”

“SPIKE!!!”

The bleached blond winced as the three voices rang out, demanding that they not be ignored. “All right,” he called. “I’m coming, I’m coming.” He hoisted William up further onto his hip and walked down the hall towards the door. “Now what did you…” he trailed off, seeing who was standing at the bottom of the sidewalk.

And I wrote this letter in my head
Cuz so many things were left unsaid
But now you're gone
And I can't think straight


“Joyce,” Alyson warned. “I think you might want to take Will from Spike.”

William’s grandmother did so, and just in time, because Spike took off and out the door, running as fast as he could towards Buffy.

Her smile was wide and brilliant, beckoning him closer with each giant leap that he took. The force he ran at her with caused them both to fall to the ground when they collided.

He tackled her to the grass, pressing kisses all over her face and neck while she giggled. “Spike,” she laughed. “Stop! That tickles.” She grabbed his face and brought it towards her own. “I’m okay, see? I’m right here, so stop panicking.”

Spike rolled his eyes, causing the tears that lay dormant in his eyelids to fall out. “Stop panicking, she says.” He leaned his face closer to her. “I’ve just been through the worst few days of my life, and you want me to stop panicking?” He dropped a light kiss onto her lips. “Not going to bloody happen.”

And with that, he pressed his lips more firmly to hers.

This could be the one last chance
To make you understand


After a few good minutes of making out on her lawn while everyone looked on a bit uncomfortably, Buffy pulled back from him. “By the way,” she said, glaring up at him. “When the HELL did you propose to me?!”

He frowned down at her. “What?”

“The newspapers?” she said as though it were obvious. “They said that you had cancelled your tour to look for your ‘fiancée’. When were you going to tell me that we were getting married? Because I wouldv’e like to have known, and-”

He cut her off with another kiss, and one of his hands left hers to search around in his pocket. When his fingers hit the small velvet box, he pulled it out and held it in front of her. “When you came back to me seemed like a good time,” he whispered, and flicked the box open.

I'd do anything
Just to hold you in my arms
To try to make you laugh
Cuz somehow I can't put you in the past
I'd do anything
Just to fall asleep with you
Will you remember me?
Cuz I know
I won't forget you


Buffy gasped as she came face to face with a princess cut sapphire engagement ring, diamonds surrounding the larger gem.

“Buffy,” Spike asked. “I love you…so much. Will you marry me?”

Buffy took the box out of his hands, stared at it for a few minutes…

And then grinned.

---

FOUR MONTHS LATER…

Buffy smoothed down her dress, trying to get the creases out of the fabric. “Hey Willow?” she called out nervously. “Do I look OK?”

Willow walked up behind her and smiled at her friend’s reflection. “You look fine,” she said, then began struggling with the zipper on the wedding dress. “But this zipper is evil.”

Together we broke all the rules
Dreaming of dropping out of school
And leave this place
And never come back


With a few more tugs, the zipper finally rose to the top and they snapped it together. “There,” Buffy sighed. “All good.”

A knock at the door caused them to jump slightly, and Buffy called out, “Who is it?”

“It’s me, love,” came Spike’s voice. The door began to creak open. “Can I come in?”

“No!” Buffy shrieked, throwing her weight against the door. “You can’t see the bride before the wedding!”

“I um, I didn’t realize that those rules applied to me,” Spike said, sounding confused.

“Well they do,” Buffy retorted. “Now go leave and make sure that Oz is ready.”

With a few grumbled curses, Spike did as he was told and walked down the hallway.

“Okay,” Buffy said, letting out a sigh and turning back to Willow. “It’s time to get married.”

---

Buffy leaned her head against Spike’s tuxedoed chest as they danced, and watched Oz spin Willow around, her beautiful white wedding dress fanning out around her.

“They’re so cute together,” Buffy sighed, moving her head so that she was looking up at her fiancé. “The wedding was just beautiful.”

“Yeah,” Spike said, smiling down at her. “They deserve each other.”

So now maybe after all these years
If you miss me have no fear
I'll be here
I'll be waiting
This could be the one last chance to make you understand
And I just can't let you leave me once again


“And just think,” Buffy said, grinning. “That’s going to be us in two months. I can’t WAIT to walk down the aisle.”

Spike waggled his eyebrows suggestively at her. “I can’t wait for the wedding night,” he whispered into her ear.

“Spike,” she giggled, slapping at his chest playfully. “Stop it.”

He grinned at her, running his hands up and down the sides of her light blue Maid Of Honor dress, effectively tickling her.

“Spike,” she whined, trying to squirm out of his grasp. “Stop it!”

I'd do anything
Just to hold you in my arms
To try to make you laugh
Cuz somehow I can't put you in the past
I'd do anything
Just to fall asleep with you
Will you remember me?
Cuz I know
I won't forget you


He wrapped his arms around her and lifted her slight body clear off the floor, spinning her around.

“Hey!” Willow called. “Stop stealing my spotlight!”

Buffy grinned against Spike’s chest as she buried her face in it, her cheeks flaming bright red.

“It’s okay, love,” Spike said, dropping a kiss onto her hair. “Don’t pay any attention to them. It’s only me.”

She looked up at him, admiration shining in her eyes. “I love you,” she sighed out.

“I love you, too,” he smiled. “And I’d do anything to stay with you forever.”

I close my eyes
And all I see is you
I close my eyes
I try to sleep
I can't forget you
Nanana
And I'd do anything for you
Nanana
I'd do anything
Just to hold you in my arms
To try to make you laugh
Cuz somehow I can't put you in the past
I'd do anything
Just to fall asleep with you
Will you remember me?
Cuz I know
I won't forget you
I'd do anything
To fall asleep with you
I'd do anything
There's nothing I won't do
I'd do anything
To fall asleep with you
I'd do anything
Cuz I know
I won't forget you


________________________________________________________________________

A/N—well…it’s over. 21 chapters, and my baby’s over. Great, now I’m depressed.

Thanks to all of you who reviewed for this story and who put up with me and my FRIGGIN RETARDED COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!