disclaimer: i don't own anything of BTVS.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't understand why we're doing this, luv. We've already done this."

Buffy looked up at her husband of two months and smiled. "Because the last time we tried to do this interview, we had to cut it short because William was sick, remember?"

Spike sighed, rubbing his hand across his face. "Fine. Where did we get to with it?"

Buffy hit the plaly button on the tape recorder and they heard:

BUFFY: So, uh, I’m just going to ask you a few questions about your new movie, Schizophrenia. What was it like working with Dana Halliwell and Christina Lyons?

SPIKE: Right, well, Dana and I had worked on a movie together before, so we got along fine. She’s always been a breath of fresh air. And Christina? God, she’s adorable.

BUFFY: So…you LIKE children?

SPIKE: Like ‘em? I love ‘em. Nothin better than a little kid thinking you’re the best thing in the world...that wasn’t supposed to make me sound like an ego-maniac. I meant that…it’s nice. Being the most important thing in someone’s life. (pause) Makes me feel all manly.


The tape player stopped, having gotten to the end of the tape. Buffy picked it up, eyed it for a couple seconds before pointing it in Spike's direction. "I cannot believe that you said that."

He groaned, leaning his head back onto their couch and throwing his arm over his eyes. "Join the bloody club."

Buffy laughed at him, tossing one of the throw pillows at him. "Come on, we have to get this done and over with; your movie comes out in a month!'

He groaned again, not moving from his position. "Don't remind me; I hate premieres."

"Aww," she teased, reaching over to ruffle his hair. "But that was before you met me."

He opened his eyes, grabbed the hand mussing up his hair and kissed the fingertips. "True."

She giggled, withdrawing her hand from his grasp. "Thank you. Now, shut up so that we can get this over with."

"Fine," he sighed, sitting up straight on the couch. "Fire away."

---

Giles put the interview down on his desk, and lookd up at his most prized reporter. Taking off his glasses to clean them, he said, "Well, Buffy, I must say, despite your feelings when you first got the assignment, you managed to make my nephew sound like a decent person..."

"And a good husband," Buffy added, rolling her eyes. "I know, I know, I put him in the spotlight of the good people. Call me selfish, but I didn't want people to think that I married a self-righteous..." she glanced over at William, who had come to work with her, and covered his small ears with the palms of her hands. "...bastard." She took her hands off of William's head and grinned at her boss.

Giles shook his head, standing up from behind his large mahogany desk. He walked around it and stopped next to Buffy as she stood up. "Well done, Buffy." He gave her a small hug. "You did a good job."

She bent down and picked William up, placing him on her hip. "Thanks, Giles. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Her boss nodded, and she walked out of his office and straight into Spike.

"Hey," she said, her eyes lighting up. "What are you doing here?"

"What?" he questioned, wrapping an arm around William and Buffy. "I can't come to visit my wife?"

She grinned and kissed him on the cheek as they began to walk out the building together. "You can visit me anytime."

"Good," he said, pushing the doors open. "I plan to."

"Butthead."

"Did you just call me a butthead?"

"...yes."

"God, I love you."

_________________________________________________

SCHIZOPHRENIA

As many of you know, I never used to be a big fan of Spike Giles. It might have had something to do with the fact that he got me pregnant when I was nineteen, and left me alone for the next four years. But...he's come a long way since then. Now, he's a decent man, a good husbnd...and a wonderful father to our three and a half year old. When he blew back into town a couple months ago, I didn't know WHAT to think. Would he be an ass? Would he remember me? Would he want to get to know our son? Would he find out about our son?

I didn't know.

But everything worked out for the better, and our life together now only began with this interview.

So, if he sounds a bit too goody-goody...well, I'm sorry, but he's my hubby and there's nothing you can do to change that, because I know that he'd do anything for me.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n---yes, this IS the end...for real this time!!

thanks for reading the extra chapter for this fic!