Disclaimer: not mine. EVIL!!!

HAPPY ALMOST HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!! ok listen, for you who are wondering, they ARE seeing each other for this first time in, like, forever, but they are NOT going to say anything to each other. and, they will NOT be talking in the next chapter. this story (i hope) is going to be long. well, longer than any of my other stories are. spike and buffy have been through some really bad shit and it's gonna be kind of....well, REALLY hard for them.

___________________________________________________________________


“Buffy?” Willow called from the front door, and Buffy looked in its direction from her position in front of the
highchair. “It’s almost 6:45, we should leave soon.”


“Okay, Will!” She turned back to William, who was sitting in his baby seat, playing with his bananas. “William, baby, mommy’s going out for a while, and…no, don’t throw that, put it in your mouth. Grandma’s coming…” She stopped as she heard Willow go, “Hey, Mrs. Summers!”


“Hello, Willow.” Her mother greeted. “Buffy! Where’s my grand-baby?”


“In here, Mom!” She turned to William, who was blowing spit bubbles. “Sweetie, no, don’t do that. Eat your mashed bananas…DON’T throw them! William! Oh, no…Mom? I need you to clean up the refrigerator for me, Will decided to have a food fight with it.”


Her mother appeared in the kitchen, and smiled. She crossed over to her messy grandson and hauled him out of his chair. She rubbed noses with him, despite the spittle that still glistened on it. When she was done, she looked over William’s head and said to her daughter, “Go! Eat food!”


Buffy nodded, and began to walk out, before pausing and turning back. “Mom?” she asked, hand resting one the doorway. “You know what to do, right? I mean, bath, story time, and then in bed-”


“By 8:30, I know! And no milk before bed. And,” she added, seeing her daughter getting ready to open her mouth. “No TV. Only movies.”


Buffy nodded, and began to walk out the door. She stopped again, and said, “One more thing…” She crossed over to her sun and kissed his forehead. Then she smiled and walked out the door.


Joyce waited until her daughter’s foot steps faded away and the car’s sound faded into the distance before turning to William and said, “C’mon. Time for ‘Pooh Bear’.”


___


Spike sighed as they pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant. He glanced up through the tinted windows at the neon sign that glared at him in neon blue. He looked over at the empty seat next to him and sighed, wishing that someone was sitting next to him.


He never, EVER, had wished for someone, some glorious, beautiful woman to sit next to him, guide him along the way.


All that had changed a few years ago, during one of his many one night stands. He didn’t remember her all that well; just a turned up nose and sparkling green eyes. But after that, he had found himself miraculously unable to commit to ANY woman for a long period of time.


Soon, when he had had his numerous one night deals, he imagined that the woman beneath him, no matter how dark their skin or hair, had a turned up noise and a set of twinkling green eyes that lit up the room, and warmed the creases of his heart.


The same green eyed girl whose heart he had broken.


The same green eyed girl that he had, unknowingly, left with a child.


The same green eyed woman that he was about to see again.


But since he didn’t know ANY of this, he merely glanced once more at the sign that read ‘Fresche’

___


Buffy had to set down her glass as she laughed, Willow’s face bright red from the reading the message on her plate. ‘If you were anymore gorgeous, I’d have to eat you up.


“Oh…my god,” gasped Buffy, tears forming in her eyes. “D-Do you think that OZ actually wrote that? I…I mean, it’s just so not…Oz-ish.” She giggled, “Eat you up…


Willow laughed, cheeks still burning in embarrassment. “I know! I think that he got someone else from the kitchen to write this…” She turned the plate back into her direction and flushed even more. “Oh, god…” Then, she looked up, and her face blanched, and this time when she said, “Oh, God…” it was for a different reason.


Buffy frowned and turned around in her seat, and her face went white as she caught the eye of a man that she had grown to despise with all her being in the past 4 years.


Him…


___


Spike’s blue eyes widened as the little blonde who had been laughing so freely a minute ago, turned around and caught his eye, exposing her green ones and her upturned nose.


Her…

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Someone review!