Disclaimer: Joss Whedon owns all.

[a/n]—this is just me, but last night I saw the commericial for the WB episode of ‘The Mountain’ that James guest stars in. It looks really really funny.
___________________________________________________________________________

Buffy wheeled William around to the front of the store, pushing him slowly past all the deflated animals that were waiting to be stuffed. She glanced ahead of her at Faith and Wesley, who were standing by the Fluff machine. She laughed when she saw Faith run a finger down Wesley’s arm, causing her step-brother to look flustered, turn to her and mouth ‘HELP ME!’

“’Top!” demanded William. “Doggy!”

Buffy looked at the choice William had made and smiled. “A Yellow Lab? Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“OK,” she said, taking the floppy thing out of her son’s arms and pushing him towards where Faith and Wesley were.

“Buffy!” cried out Wesley, quickly walking away from Faith. “Oh, look, it’s Buffy! Buffy, let me help you with William!” As he stood next to his step-sister, he whispered in her ear, “And keep that woman away from me!”

She laughed, punching him on the shoulder. “Well, I tried to explain to her that you’re engaged, but I don’t think it worked.”

“Damn it,” was the good naturedly muttered response.

Buffy handed the stuffed animal to the clerk, who asked William to pick up one of the fabric hearts, rub it over his heart, and then kiss it. The child did so, and watched in awe as the Fluff Machine started its magic.

---

Spike sat in his car, head leaned against the steering wheel. He had walked through the double doors, found his car, laughed at the ‘Slayer’ license plate once more, and climbed into his car. He hadn’t moved since.

“Damn it,” he muttered. “I’m going to put the sodding key inside the sodding ignition and be on my bloody way. There. It’s a plan.”

Five minutes passed and he did nothing. Something in his gut was telling him not to move; to not leave this place and to search it until he found someone.

“Oh, bugger,” he sighed, opening the car door and stepping out. “Bleeding conscience got a hold of me.”

He didn’t even laugh slightly when he passed by the ‘Slayer’ license plate.

---

“Sweetie, I don’t think Marc needs a tutu.”

“Pweeze?”

“No, baby. You wanted to name it after Marc, and that means it’s a boy doggy. Boy doggies don’t wear ballerina tutus. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.”

---

Spike pushed his way through the double doors for the second time, and glanced around. Not stopping, he walked towards the escalators and made his way towards the third level.

Leaning against the moving rail, he looked out over the crowd of people and whistled. “Good God, I never knew this town could fill up a house, let alone a mall.”

His eyes lit up as he spotted the one shop that he had never gotten a chance to visit, but had always wanted to. “Build-A-Bear Workshop. Sod adulthood, I’m gonna make me a bear.”

---

Buffy laughed at Wesley, who had several bows tied into his hair, as they made their way out of the toy shop. The Brit was trying to get the ribbons out and only succeeding in pulling his hair.

“Oh, bloody…OW!” he yelled as she yanked on the hairs.

“Wes,” she laughed, “stop being such a baby.”

“I’m not being a baby!”

“Please. William’s acting more mature than you.”

“He is not! He’s sodding asleep!”

“My point exactly. He’s not talking or saying anything, therefore being more mature than you.”

“He’s ASLEEP!” he yelled , running his hands desperately through his hair. “And get these bloody ribbons off of me!”

She picked up the last few ribbons and smiled up at her step-brother. As she pulled the last one free, she teased, “Poor wittle Wes. Can’t keep up with the three year old.”

“William’s not the one who did this.”

She raised her eyebrow. “Who was then?”

“Your friend. Hope or whatever. I explained to her that I couldn’t be with her, never mind not want to be, because I’m engaged. She got slightly angry and tied all my hair up. Keep her away from me until the wedding, understand?”

“Gotcha,” she nodded. “No more Faith until two weeks from now.” She hugged her step-brother and whispered, “Congratulations to you and Alyson.”

He smiled and hugged her back, neither noticing the bleached movie star watching them from about ten feet away.

---

Spike had just glanced up when he saw her. Same golden hair, sparkling green eyes, upturned nose, babystroller…

Wait.

Babystroller?

He watched as the girl of his dreams played with the hair of the man next to her. He moved closer, and heard the worst thing he could imagine.

“William’s not the one who did this.”

“Who was then?”

“Your friend. Hope or whatever. I explained to her that I couldn’t be with her, never mind not want to be, because I’m engaged. She got slightly angry and tied all my hair up. Keep her away from me until the wedding, understand?”

“Gotcha. No more Faith until two weeks from now.”

And he watched, sadness etched in his eyes, as they hugged.

______________________________________________________________________________