Author's Chapter Notes:
Cool new feature, of course I had to give it a try ;) Sorry for the waiting, but I had a bad case of writer's block. May will be a bit busy for me guys, but I'll try my best to update has often as I can. Thanks for your support, it means so much to me. Keep sending those reviews, I love 'em :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Chapter 35: Men have the worst timing



“So Courtney said to him: ‘You know what? I don’t need you. I’m a strong, smart and beautiful woman, and I can be on my own and still be successful and happy. You’re just dragging me down anyway.’ I was like, you go girl! Carlos was such a bastard and she’s better off without him. Us girls don’t need a boyfriend to define who we are. I mean look at me. I’m Harmony Kendall, I can have any man I want, but I won’t lower myself to go out with some loser just to say that I have a boyfriend. I’m my own woman and I’m doing perfectly fine as a career oriented single girl. I’ll meet my soul mate someday though, I just know it.”

“RUPERT!!!!!!” Spike yelled, a look of panic in his blue eyes.

Harmony looked up briefly from the nails she was busy painting with bright candy pink nail polish. “So anyway, I know that when I meet him, I’ll know it right away. It’s too bad you’re in jail, Spikey. I’m sure you and I would get along. We’d be like, so perfect for each other. Life sucks, don‘t you think? So anyway, Courtney‘s brother has been crazy about me since we were kids. Who can blame him? I was really popular in High School, not that I‘m not popular now, but I was even Prom Queen, did I mention that already?”

“Only ten BLOODY TIMES!!” Spike snapped at the woman, looking desperately at the office door as if it was the key to his salvation.

“Oh, I did? Anyway, her brother is such a loser. As if I would ever date a guy like that. I’m sure he spends all his days chatting on the internet with guys who pretend to be girls. How pathetic is that? He’s not like you. I bet you had girls chasing after you all the time before you came here, right Spikey?”

Just at that moment, Spike’s savior came out of Buffy’s office.

“Thank the bloody gods!” Spike muttered, eagerly standing up to escape his torturer. Before entering the office, he turned to Harmony.

“Oh, before I forget, pet, there’s one thing you don’t know about me.”

“What is it, Blondie Bear?”

“I’m gay.”

He chuckled happily at the crestfallen look on the woman’s face. She looked like a fish out of the water, her mouth hanging open comically. Giles rolled his eyes, holding the door open for him. He followed the prisoner inside.

Spike smiled at Buffy who hastily put away the make-up compact she had used to check for visible signs that she’d been crying. He looked at Giles who was busy unlocking his handcuffs.

“Thanks for leaving me alone with that stupid bint for almost half an hour you wanker! I think my ears are bleeding.”

“Do shut up, Spike.” Giles mumbled under his breath, his tone devoid of any humor.

The guard put the key chain back in his pocket and left without another word.

“What the bleedin’ hell is wrong with good ol’ Rups? He seemed in a good enough mood earlier. Did you scold him for shagging a coworker on the job?” Spike asked playfully while walking toward Buffy. “Because that would be bloody unfair of you, pet, considering what you’ve been up to with yours truly.”

That made Buffy smile a bit. For a second, she almost forgot her problems. Just being in Spike’s presence made her feel like everything would be all right. Maybe she could even tell him, and it wouldn‘t be so bad. Then, she noticed. The bruises on his face and the white dressing stuck to the side of his head. She stood up to go to him, a worried frown on her face.

“God, Spike, what happened?” She reached up to touch his face softly, her eyes clouded with concern for the man she loved.

“Nothing for you to worry about, Goldilocks. Just a scratch.”

“Just a scratch?! Are you kidding me? You look like you’ve been hit by a truck!”

“Got into a bit of a scrap last night. But I’m fine.”

“I thought your only nemesis was Parker. And he’s in isolation. Who did this?”

“Turns out the wanker has friends.”

Buffy took his hand and led him to the couch. Spike sat down and pulled her onto his lap. He tried not to hiss in pain when his ribs protested. No reason to worry her more than she already was.

“So that’s all because of me, then?” She asked softly.

“’course not. Things like that happen all the time here. You know that.”

“Don’t lie, Spike. We both know you were attacked by these guys because you protected me the other day. Actually, I’m surprised it didn’t happen before.”

“Probably because their Nancy Boy of a leader wasn’t around to tell the wankers what to do. These guys are meatheads who can’t think for themselves.”

“Meatheads that did a pretty good number on you.”

“They got lucky. Won’t happen twice.”

Buffy put her arms around him and hid her face against his neck. “Next time some idiot decides to jump on me, promise you won’t play hero and you’ll let the guards do what they’re being paid to do.”

“Sorry, luv. I can’t promise you that.”

She pushed herself from him to look in his eyes. “Spike!”

“What? You think I’ll just stand there and do nothing while some wanker is trying to hurt my girl? I don’t bloody well think so!”

“Damn it, William, stop being a stubborn ass! I know you think you have to be my hero and save me from the evil of this world, but try to remember that I knew what I was getting myself into when I chose this career. I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself. Beside, I care more about your safety than my own. You’re the one who has to deal with these guys every day, not me. Just thinking that you’re all alone in such a dangerous place…” She cupped his face in both her hands, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. “Please promise me you’ll be more careful. I worry about you all the time.”

Spike nodded. “All right, pet. I promise I’ll be more careful. Stop worrying about me. Nothing will happen to me. He captured her lips in a searing kiss, leaving her breathless. “I’m sorry things turned out the way they did. It’s just--I love you so much I couldn’t stand the idea of this idiot putting his hands on you. I know it was stupid but I wasn‘t thinking straight at the time. I promise to try being smarter in the future.” He added, smiling lovingly at her before kissing her lightly.

“You better.” She said, her own smile matching his.

Spike slipped his hands underneath her loose skirt to caress the soft skin of her ass and Buffy moaned against his lips.

“Awfully convenient skirt you got there, pet.” He said, looking down at the wrap around baby blue skirt she was wearing.

She could tell he had a naughty idea just by the way his blue eyes lit up and his tongue poked out to lick his lips.

“You know… I’ve been through a very traumatic ordeal last night. Don’t you think the English patient deserves a little sweetness?”

She frowned in confusion, but quickly got his meaning when he turned them around and pushed her on her back.

“Spike, you’re hurt. Don’t you think I’m the one who should be doing all the work?”

He shook his head and playfully licked his lips. “No way. I’ve been a good boy, didn’t yell at the nurse… much. I think I rightly deserve a sweet treat.”

He placed a soft kiss on the curve of her breast that was peeking out of the deep v-neck of her shirt. “I missed you Buffy.”

She closed her eyes and relaxed, just enjoying being in his presence. “I missed you too, baby. It’s been so long.”

“Too long.”

He lifted her shirt to place a kiss on her stomach, not really noticing when Buffy tensed. She tried to will herself not to think about it, but him nuzzling her belly like this only served to remind her that there was a baby growing in there. A baby that Spike made with her. At that moment, she made her decision. She would tell him. But after. Why ruin the moment when he was promising her such incredible pleasure? That would be stupid.

Buffy allowed herself to relax under his touch. She marveled for a moment at how well he seemed to know her body despite the limited amount of time they had spent discovering each other. They were always rushed, or worried about getting caught. But Spike was the kind of lover who paid attention to the woman he was with and committed to memory every single pleasurable spot on her body and exactly how to touch it to made her moan and beg.

He lifted her skirt to her hips and pulled down her panties before attacking her already quivering pussy with his talented tongue, showing her no mercy. He parted her slick, swollen folds with his fingers and licked her slowly from bottom to top, stopping only to give her erect clit a gentle suck. Spike smiled when he hear her tortured whimper, and repeated his action again and again until she was bucking her hips and shivering uncontrollably.

“You taste so sweet, kitten. Never had anything better.”

He kept his eyes trained on her face, afraid to miss any expression of pleasure on her gorgeous features, and slipped a finger inside her tight channel. Buffy’s knees were digging painfully against his already bruised ribs, but he couldn’t bring himself to care about the pain. The pure intimacy of what he was doing to her was overwhelming enough to make him forget about himself. There would be enough lonely moments later on to focus on his own physical discomfort, but right now, it was inconsequential. All that mattered was the beautiful woman laying on the couch in front of him, and the pleasure he was giving her. It made him feel like HE mattered. Like he had a place in this world other than his prison cell.

“Spike, please… I need…”

He kissed her inner thigh and purred against her warm skin. “What do you need, Buffy. I’ll give you anything you want, anything you ask for. Just tell me.”

“I need your lips, and your tongue, and.. Oh please, make me come. I need to come.”

Spike obliged her, giving her sex an open mouthed kiss. She lifted her hips off the couch to increase the pressure, rubbing her wet pussy against his lips and chin in her mindless search for release. Spike thrust his tongue inside as deep as it would go, twisting it around to increase her pleasure. His reward for his trouble was a series of soft mewls and gasps. Buffy was panting, trying to catch her breath and he could tell she wouldn’t need much to be pushed over the edge.

“Let it go, pet. Come for me. I want you to come in my mouth. Relax and let it all go… Do it for me.”

He pushed his nose against her sensitive clit and quickly moved his head from side to side to stimulate the tight bundle of nerves.

Buffy’s orgasm hit her like a freight train and she had to bite her own hand to stop herself from screaming in release. She felt like the fire that had been building up in her lower belly finally exploded and spread to the rest of her body, igniting every nerve ending. She couldn’t think, couldn’t breath. Beyond conscious thought, she wrapped her legs around Spike’s head to hold him in place while she rode the last waves of her orgasm. Spike’s groan brought her back to reality.

“Oh God, baby…” She said in a breathless voice, sitting up to look at him. “I’m so sorry! I forgot about your head.

Now free of the vice like hold her thighs had on him, Spike climbed up her body, making her lay back down on the couch. He smiled warmly at his girl. “I’m fine, pet. Don’t worry about me. Although, I’m starting to think that you might have superhuman strength. You could probably kill a bloke with those thigh muscles you know.”

She chuckled. “I plead temporary insanity. You make me lose my mind.”

“Well thank the bloody gods that it’s not permanent then.”

“Um, I’m not too sure about that.”

They shared a laugh and Spike went to kiss her, but she stopped him. He gave her a confused look.

“On your back, mister.”

He smirked and complied. “Bossy bint, aren’t ya?”

Buffy straddled his slim hips. “And you just caught on to that?”

“Well, I’ve noticed a tendency…”

“I am so not bossy. I’m like a kitten. You said it yourself.”

“I said that?” He questioned, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

“Yeah, you call me kitten all the time!”

“Maybe I should start calling you Mistress then. More fitting don’t you think? Mistress Buffy. Has a nice ring to it.”

Buffy slowly rotated her hips, rubbing sensually against Spike’s erection. “I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard making you beg. I can try.”

Spike pulled her into his arms, flush against his chest. “You don’t even need to try. I have no pride when I’m around you… Mistress.”

Buffy smiled, peppering his lips with airy kisses. She reached behind his head and played with the soft hair at the nape of his neck. She felt peaceful and happy. Spike had that effect on her. No matter how bad the situation, a sense of calm always washed over her when she was in his presence. Honestly, she couldn’t remember why she’d been so upset at the big news earlier. Things would be all right. In this moment, she was certain of it.

They started kissing again, their bodies pressed intimately against each others. Just as things started to heat up, Spike put an end to the kiss and pulled back to look into her eyes. He looked serious.

“What’s wrong?” She asked softly, wanting nothing more than to get back to what they were doing previously.

“This will sound a little funny, but I was just thinking about something…”

“What is it? Tell me.”

“I think maybe we should be more careful. I know it‘s a little late for this but I think we should use protection... Condoms. Just to be on the safe side.”

She opened her mouth to speak but he cut her off.

“I know you said you’re on the pill, but better safe than sorry. I’m just afraid that if the pill isn’t as efficient as it should be, you might end up pregnant.”

All blood drained from Buffy’s face, but she tried to keep the tone of her voice as light as she could despite the thundering beat of her heart. “What? You… don’t want kids?” She tried to joke. “Would it be that bad?”

Spike frowned, obviously not amused. “You can’t be serious? Buffy, that’s the worst thing that could happen to us. That’s why I think some extra protection wouldn’t be a luxury. Our situation is already complicated enough as it is without making it worst by adding an accidental pregnancy to the mix. Let’s not take stupid risks, all right, kitten?”

Buffy nodded and quickly hid her face in the crook of his neck before he could notice the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

“Yeah, that'd be real stupid, you're absolutely right.” She said, her voice a little cold. “I’ll buy condoms if that’s what you want.” She kissed the side of his neck to soften the harshness of her words.

Spike misunderstood her reaction. “Hey. It’s not that I wouldn’t want these things with you. You know that if it was possible, I would want it all, but it’s not possible. I dream about it all the time, you know. You and I, living the happy life like the perfect soddin’ suburban couple, the big house, the wedding, the kids running around. But then I wake up and know that it will never happen and… Bloody hell, it hurts so bad to realize that, Buffy. You have no idea.”

“Oh believe me, I think I have an idea of how it feels.” She whispered sadly, all ideas of telling him suddenly shot to hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The phone rang for what felt like a lifetime to Buffy. She was about to hang up and turn to her pint of Ben&Jerry’s for comfort, but finally someone answered.

“Hello?” A voice yelled into the phone over some loud music and laughter.

Buffy frowned, pulling the phone away from her ear a bit. “Dawn?”

“Who?”

“Is Dawn there?”

“Dawn who?”

Buffy sighed in frustration. “The girl who actually LIVES in this dorm room. Dawn Summers?”

“Sorry, can barely hear ya!” The girl yelled into the phone.

Buffy almost screamed in frustration. She took a deep breath. “Can you tell Dawn that her sister is on the phone?”

“Her who?”

“Her SISTER damn it! Argh! Just tell her Buffy called and to call back as soon as she can. I need to talk to her it’s urgent. Can you give her the message or is it too much for you?”

“Sure Betty, I’ll tell her.”

“It’s BUFFY, you dumbass! BUFFY NOT BETTY!” But the girl had already hung up the phone. “Great. Just… GREAT.”

Buffy put the phone down on the coffee table and sat back on the couch.

“Well this really qualifies as the worst day ever.” She told the empty room.

She couldn’t start crying again--wouldn’t. She’d done enough of that for the day. No, in fact, she’d done enough crying for the entire year. She was really starting to feel pathetic. She decided that going to bed sounded like a really good idea. It‘s not like she had anyone to talk to anyway. The only person she could have shared her misery with would have been her sister, and she was obviously busy at the moment. So bed was the only option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~