Author's Chapter Notes:
I know you guys have been waiting a long time for this. The ending of PMJ. I can't believe it's finally over. Who would have thought when I first started writing this almost two years ago that it would end up being a 60 chapters story! Not me lol. Anyway, I hope you have all enjoyed it. Don't be shy, leave me a comment. I really want to know what you think... one last time ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Epilogue: Wish you were here

The Bronze, a club usually packed with sweaty hormonal teenagers dancing the night away, was closed to the public for the night. But it wasn't empty. Inside, gathered beneath a large "Congratulation" banner, a happy group of friends and family was celebrating. And they had every reason to do so. Their friends Buffy and Spike, after a year long forbidden and seemingly hopeless love affaire, were now engaged with a bright and happy future to look forward to.

The original reason for the party had been to celebrate Spike's coming out of prison. But after the ex-prisoner unexpectedly proposed to Buffy soon after he was freed, Willow and Cordelia decided to turn it into a surprise engagement party as well.

The place had been nicely decorated specifically for the event by the very tasteful Cordelia Chase-Harris. Everything had been done in black, silver and accents of deep purple. She had wanted to keep it as neutral as possible so it wouldn't be too girl for Spike. Hundreds of balloons were hanging from the ceiling and decorating the stage where Dingo Ate My Baby would play later on during the evening. In a corner was a large buffet table covered with mouth watering finger food as well as a chocolate fountain, and next to it, a small pyramid of champagne glasses. For the occasion, the dingy looking round tables had been covered with white table cloths, and orchids had been placed on every table to add a touch of color. Nothing was missing. Except for the happy couple, who had disappeared at some point during the evening.

"Could I get your attention, please..."

Xander Harris was standing on the stage, ready to give a speech in the honor of his friends, when he suddenly noticed they had pulled a vanishing act.

"Huh, guys?” He said into the microphone. “Did anybody see the sickeningly happy couple?"

People looked around themselves curiously, only to confirm that they were nowhere to be seen. The only one to speak up was Anya.

"They're probably off having sex somewhere in a corner." She said loudly with her usual tact.

The already tipsy crowd laughed good-naturedly. Giles only smiled and shook his head. He was slowly getting used to his girl's bluntness and even found her honesty somewhat refreshing. If something needed to be said, Anya was there to say it.

After all, assuming they were somewhere getting down and dirty wasn't much of a stretch. Most of the people in the room had had at least one embarrassing story to tell involving Buffy, Spike and sex. Dawn had caught them doing it in Buffy's pool. Xander had walked in on them going at it in his bathroom. Giles had seen way too much for his taste the day they had invited him for dinner and he went to see what was going on in the basement after hearing a loud crash. And Joyce was still trying to forget what she'd seen when she'd invited them to spend a few days with her in San Francisco. But after all they'd been through, no one would ever blame them for acting like horny teenagers.

"You heard the woman, people." Xander said into the microphone, an amused smile on his face. "Nobody goes into the bathroom for at least half an hour unless you want to have another embarrassing story to tell."

That sent everybody into hysterical laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pressed against the wall, her black cocktail dress pushed around her hips and her lover between her legs, Buffy moaned softly. His lips were caressing the tender skin of her throat, one of his hands holding her up, and the other one lazily rubbing her clit.

"Spike... Stop." She asked unconvincingly.

"Mmm. Why?"

"Cause. People... there are people." She whispered in the dark, unable to even form a complete sentence.

"What about them, pet?"

For a moment, Buffy almost forgot why she wanted him to stop, then she shook her head to try getting her brain back in working order. "They're all here for us, Spike. They'll notice we're gone."

She couldn't see her lover's face in the darkness of the supply closet, but she could tell he was smirking. He positioned himself at her entrance and thrust inside of her before answering.

"Is that a problem for you? Cause it's not a problem for me..."

Buffy moaned. "Nope. No problem here. Everything is good... sooo good."

Spike chuckled. "That's what I thought."

She closed her eyes and buried her face in the crook of his neck to stop herself from making too much noise. She wanted to focus only on the pleasure her man was bringing her and nothing else. She felt it radiating through every part of her body, wave after wave of pure ecstasy, the pressure building in her womb with each and every one of his thrusts until it was almost too much.

Spike was quickly losing control. It didn't matter how many times he'd had her, every time was like the first time. She constantly amazed him. Being with her alone was an amazement to him. He didn't know what he did to deserve to have such a woman in his arms. Didn't know which God up there liked him enough to offer him this gift. But one thing was for sure, he would never take it for granted. Never stop worshipping this incredible woman.

Buffy held on to him with all of her strength, afraid to let go for even a second. She was terrified he would disappear and all this would have been nothing but a dream. She still had nightmares that she would wake up alone one morning only to find out it never happened and Spike was still in jail. No, she didn't know what she did to deserve him, but it had been worth it to be patient and wait for the right one to come along. They say that you know when you finally meet the one, and she knew in her heart that Spike was who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. There would never be another one for her.

They had both given up on trying to be quiet by then. Spike's groans and heavy breathing, and Buffy's soft whispered pleas resonated in the confined space. They couldn't bring themselves to care if someone walked by and heard them. The pleasure was too intense to hold back.

Buffy climaxed, her body tensing with her release. She pulled Spike close and pressed her lips against his in an intensely passionate kiss. He pushed his cock inside her almost roughly a few more times before finally letting himself follow her.

Spike rested his forehead against her slim shoulder while trying to catch his breath. Buffy rubbed his back lovingly and turned her head to place a tender kiss against his temple.

"I love you, Spike. You know that, right?"

"I know. I love you too, Buffy. Always."

"Spike?"

"Yeah?"

"As much as I'd love to just stay her and bask in the after glow, we need to get out of here."

Spike sighed and reluctantly pulled out of her. He put her back on her feet, then tucked himself back into his trousers. Suddenly, Buffy wasn't in front of him anymore.

"Pet? Where are you?"

"Down here."

Spike looked around even though he couldn't see a thing. "What are you doing on the floor?" He asked, puzzled.

"Looking for my stupid panties."

Spike chuckled. "As entertaining as it would be to let you keep looking for a while, you're right, we need to get back to the party. Here, they're in my pocket."

She miscalculated the distance when standing up, and the top of her head connected with his chin hard.

"Ow! Bleedin' hell! Watch it, luv."

Buffy chuckled while rubbing the top of her head. "That will teach you for finding the idea of your fiancée exploring the dirty floor of a bar's supply closet in the dark on her hands and knees entertaining. Now give me my panties."

She put her underwear back on and pulled the skirt of her dress down.

"All decent, luv?"

"As decent as I'll get anyway."

Spike opened the door carefully, making sure the coast was clear. When he didn't see anybody, they both discretely walked out. They tried walking back into the party inconspicuously, but soon discovered the gig was up when they heard the laughs and snickers.

Seeing Dawn looking at her from across the room with her arms crossed over her chest and shaking her head disapprovingly, Buffy put her tongue out at her little sister. Dawn laughed and rolled her eyes.

Spike and Buffy went back to their table where they were soon joined by Xander and Cordelia.

“Glad you two horndogs decided to stop whatever you were doing long enough to grace us with your presence.” Xander joked.

“Xander,” Cordelia warned, “Leave them alone. They just got engaged, of course they can’t keep their hands off each other. Maybe you should take example from Spike.”

Xander looked offended. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing. Just that... I could use a little more attention.”

“Hey, I’ll have you know that I work a lot. I can’t help it if I fall asleep sometimes. And besides...” Xander noticed Spike and Buffy staring at him and decided it wasn’t really the time and place for that discussion. “Can we just talk about this at home? In private.”

“Fine.” The brunette pouted. “But don’t think I’ll be dropping that topic any time soon. And I’ll also want to know why her rock is bigger than mine.”

Cordelia grabbed Buffy’s left hand and showed her husband for emphasis. “See? Not fair. Was I not worth a two carats princess cut pink diamond too?”

Xander glared at Spike. “This is all your fault, you know? Couldn’t you tone it down a little? You’re making the rest of us look bad with all the grand romantic gestures.”

Both Buffy and Cordelia burst out laughing at the crestfallen look on Xander’s face. Cordelia decided to let her husband off the hook. She grabbed him and planted a resounding kiss on his lips.

“Baby, I was just kidding. You know I love my ring. And I’m perfectly satisfied in bed. Now I think we’ve made the love birds uncomfortable enough. Why don’t you go ahead and tell them what you wanted to tell them?”

Xander looked relieved. “I wasn’t sure if I should wait until your wedding, but decided there’s no point waiting. I want to give you your wedding present now if that’s OK with you.”

Buffy smiled like a small child on Christmas’ Eve. “Do I look like a girl who’s gonna say no to an early present?”

Xander chuckled. “No, I don’t believe you do. Here...”

He pulled out some folded papers from his jacket pocket and offered them to Buffy and Spike.

“What’s this?” Spike asked, curious.

“That house you’ve been renting from me, Buf, it’s yours. These are the ownership papers.”

Buffy looked up from the paper, her eyes bright with unshed tears. “Are you serious?”

“Yep.” Her old friend smiled, getting teary eyed himself.

Buffy threw her arms around him and pulled him into a bear hug. “I don’t know what to say, Xand. Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome, Buffy. I just thought, since the two of you are starting this great new life, I want you to start it on the right foot.”

Spike stood up and walked around the table to were Xander was. He shook the other man’s hand than pulled him into an awkward manly hug. “Means a lot, mate. Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it. Just worry about making her happy and we’ll be even. But if you ever hurt her...”

Spike smirked. “You’ll kick my ass. I know.”

“As long as you know that, you and I will get along.” Xander smiled.

“Hey! Nobody wants to know what my wedding present is?” Cordelia asked, annoyed that her husband would get all the attention and not her.

Buffy looked at her best friend with a happy grin. “You got us a prezzie too?”

“Well, technically, it’s for you, Buffy. But you’ll both enjoy it when you walk down the aisle looking super extra gorgeous thanks to me.”

“What is it? What did you get me?” Buffy asked, suddenly excited.

“I didn’t get you anything but I’ll design your wedding dress. You’ll be walking down the aisle in an exclusive Cordelia Chase creation. It’s not a house but...”

Buffy squealed with excitement. The two women started talking fashion and soon, Spike and Xander tuned them out.

“So,” Xander asked. “What now? Do you have any plans, any idea what you’re gonna do with your life?”

“Not sure, Harris. I got offered a couple of book deals. I guess my story got leaked by someone at the prison. I don’t know if it’s a good or bad idea so I’ll give it some thought. I’ve always wanted to write so that could be an option.”

Xander nodded. “Sounds good, man.”

Spike looked at the woman he loved. She was still chatting excitedly with her friend, her smile was lighting up the room and happiness was radiating from her. He smiled.

“One thing is for sure, mate, I’ve been given a second chance in life, and I’m gonna make the most of it and enjoy every minute of every day.”

Spike raised his glass. “To new beginnings, second chances and incredibly amazing women... Both yours and mine.”

Xander raised his glass too. “Amen to that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six months later, LA prison

A guard was standing in front of a cell. Inside, the inmate was sleeping.

“Hey! McAllister, get your ass out of bed. You got mail.”

The guard banged on the bars with his stick, clearly wanting to annoy the prisoner.

The still form on the bed moved, and Liam ‘Angel’ McAllister opened a groggy eye, then slowly sat up. “Will you shut the hell up already?”

The guard laughed, then flipped a post card through the bars. It landed at Angel’s feet. “Isn’t that sweet? Someone cares about you. Though I gotta say, it’s kinda ironic sending a post card with a picture on it of a beautiful exotic beach to a guy who is all locked up in prison for life. Sucks to be you buddy.”

Angel didn’t bother answering. He bent down to pick up the post card. It said Fiji Islands on it. He turned it and started reading.

All it said was:

Wish you were here... Not. Enjoy life in prison.

And it was signed William and Buffy.

Angel’s curses could be heard twenty cells down. He destroyed the post card, tearing it up in a hundred pieces. The guard laughed and walked away.

The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~