AN: Thank you SO much for all the reviews – I really appreciate them! Keep ‘em coming!!

CHAPTER 4 - The Big Thaw

Elizabeth lay still as she listened to William pull the zip of the sleeping bag up, encasing them both in a cocoon-like state. The inevitable touch of his body brushing against hers as he'd got in had sent shockwave upon shockwave of sensation shooting through her entire body, causing arousal so swift it almost took her breath away. Even Parker at his most coaxing had never made her react with the sudden spurt of awareness that William unknowingly inspired.

Rigid with tension, she found herself scared to go to sleep in case she gave in to the lustful impulses that suddenly arose within her at his close proximity. She, who had never felt the urge to make a pass at any man in her entire life, was now struggling to control herself.

Where had these feelings come from? The man was arrogant and rude and yet his briefest of touches had her wanting to reach out and run her fingers over his firm chest and ridged abs while planting soft kisses along that strong, male throat…

"For Christ's sake, relax, woman! I'm not going to touch you!" William suddenly snapped, interrupting her mental wanderings.

Swallowing hard, Elizabeth silently acknowledged his words believing them to be true and at the same time wished she could honestly say the same thing in return. Instead, she opted to remain silent in the vague hope that he would just assume she was asleep.

Next to her William let out a soft groan and told himself that the discomfort he was feeling wasn't because he daren't breathe for fear of accidentally coming into contact with Buffy's soft skin again. The tension that emanated from the slim body behind him was palpable and he mentally cursed himself for being the reason.

Dear God but he hoped she hadn't seen the way he'd ogled her backside in the mirror. Naturally, as soon as he'd thought about it, the image of her rounded behind and barely there covering flashed brightly into his mind causing him to let out another muffled moan. Closing his eyes, he let fantasy take over and pictured himself reaching out, grabbing her hips and pulling her back towards him onto his hard…

'No! Stop this!' he commanded himself as he opened his eyes and stared blankly at the wheel arch of his car. This was ridiculous. He shouldn’t be harbouring these kind of thoughts about a complete stranger who'd probably had a string of lovers and made it more than clear that she had no desire to include him in their number.

He couldn't even blame her for his predicament either. She'd done nothing to lead him on…this was all him. All his overactive imagination and raging libido. He just prayed he didn't turn over in his sleep and put his fantasies into action.

Half an hour later and no closer to subduing his unruly body, which was beginning to chafe rather uncomfortably against the rough nylon of the bag, he knew what he had to do.

Elizabeth felt him move and tensed before realising that he was attempting to get up. "Where are you going?" she automatically queried, concerned that she'd somehow conveyed her feelings to him even though she'd been so, so careful not to touch him.

William stilled. He'd thought she was asleep. "I thought I'd stay awake in case the snowplough came along," he lied smoothly. "Like you said earlier, we can't move out of the way and I don't really want us getting hit."

Elizabeth frowned as she listened to him speak. He was lying. "You and I both know that the plough won’t come out this late at night, especially when it's still snowing," she challenged quietly.

Silence followed her statement and William warred with himself internally before expelling a long breath. "Alright, I lied," he admitted reluctantly and then warned more harshly, "but you won't like the truth so just leave it."

He started to move again and Elizabeth turned slightly onto her back then looked over her shoulder at him. "It's still snowing, you'll freeze if you get out."

"And if I stay one more minute then I won't be able to keep my hands of you, alright?!" he retorted savagely as turned slightly onto his stomach then propped himself up on his elbow and looked back at her. "Happy now?"

Elizabeth reddened and stared at him in shock. "You don't mean that," she whispered, sounding dazed.

"I shouldn't, but it's the truth and that's what you wanted wasn't it?" he goaded, seemingly unable to stop himself now he'd started. "I want you. I want you in my arms, under my body. I want to touch every inch of your skin…taste it. I want to know what it feels like to shag you senseless until both neither you or I can walk and then…I want to feel it all over again!" He paused then his face twisted into one of self-loathing as he took in her shocked features.

Great, now he'd frightened the chit. He hadn't meant to say all that, it'd just come tumbling out before he could flick his internal 'verbal diarrhoea' switch to the off position. What a git.

Looking away, he shook his head. "Trust me, I know what you're thinking and right at this minute you can't despise me anymore than I already do myself."

Obviously he wasn't a good a mind reader as he'd thought because far from being horrified by his blunt admission as she'd expected, Elizabeth found herself extremely turned on. Heat suffused her entire form and her breasts tingled where they strained against the lace of her bra. Between her legs, a fresh rush of liquid escaped making her panties wetter than she'd ever thought possible and her breathing had become surprisingly laboured.

This was wrong. She shouldn't be feeling this way about someone she'd just met. Not her. This wasn't who she was. It had to stop. Now. And she was going to tell him just that.

So why, when she opened her mouth to tell him to go, did she actually ask in a ridiculously hopeful tone, "Do you really want to make love to me?"

Face still averted, William was silent for a while, unsure of where she was going with the question but knowing that he couldn't really deny it after giving her such a detailed description of what he wanted to do. "Yes, why?" he finally answered, dispassionately.

Taking a deep breath, Elizabeth closed her eyes briefly before opening them again and tried not to think of the enormity of what she was about to say as she announced more calmly than she felt, "I feel the same way. I want to make love to you too."

There. She'd said it. Her need was voiced and now she'd opened herself up for his acceptance or rejection. She couldn't for the life of her understand why she felt this urgency for William, all she knew was that she'd responded to something within him that had struck an answering chord in her.

William was stunned. Was she joking or did she mean it? She'd certainly not shown any indication of being interested in him before now, his brain reminded him, but his body was refusing to listen. The desire he'd been struggling to control suddenly snapped and with a muttered oath, he turned over.

Elizabeth heard him mutter something under his breath then felt him move and automatically prepared herself for a rebuff. Instead of a harsh rejection, though, she felt his hand grabbing her shoulder and then she was lying on her back looking up into his taut features.

"We shouldn't be doing this," he told her as his gaze dropped to her mouth.

"I know," she replied as his arm came around her waist to pull her gently to him.

"If you want to change your mind…" he said quietly, offering her the chance to back out but at the same time desperately hoping she wouldn't as he leaned in closer so that their lips almost touched.

Common sense told her that she should grab the chance to hold back with both hands but even that wasn't enough to temper the overpowering need she had for this man. "No. I don't want to change my mind," she whispered, running her hand lightly up his arm.

It was all the assurance he needed before closing the remaining distance between their mouths and pressing his lips to hers in an exploratory caress. Soft and slow, he traced the shape of her mouth, his gentle, almost hesitant touch arousing a dizzying spurt of pleasure and need that affected both of them. His desire to feel more of her had him roll forward until he was half lying on top of her, one leg instinctively moving and coming to rest in-between hers.

"William," she groaned against his mouth as a fresh wave of sensation ran through her at the intimate contact, "I want you."

And then he was kissing her harder, urging her lips apart with his tongue as his hands moved up to cradle her head. His fingers slid into her hair and clutched at the silky strands holding her still, demanding a response that she was more than willing to give.

As their tongues met and duelled, she ran her fingers slowly down his back causing him to tense and groan into her mouth. Breaking away, Elizabeth gasped for air and then gasped again as William began to plant soft kisses along her jaw line to her earlobe, biting down on it gently.

Sensations she never knew coiled through her stomach and swelled the soft curve of her breasts, compelling her to move with instinctive enticement against William's body, silently begging him to remove the final barriers left between them.

"William, please," she pleaded, barely recognising the needy, breathless tone of her own voice. Dimly, she wondered where this side of her personality had been hiding for her entire life. The Elizabeth she knew, certainly wouldn't be begging a stranger to take off her underwear so that she could experience the touch of his hands and mouth on her body in the same way she wanted to explore his.

"Please, what?" William asked as his hand swept her hair back to expose her throat to the hungry assault of his mouth before drifting down to enclose around one full, lace clad breast.

Elizabeth drew in a sharp breath as he squeezed lightly then eagerly arched into his hand so that he repeated the caress more firmly.

"Clothes…off…" she managed to get out through shallow pants of desire and then let out a small whimper at the loss of his touch when he removed his hand from her chest.

"Shhh," he whispered soothingly. "No need to hurry, pet, we've got all night." Trailing a finger up her arm, he hooked it under her bra strap then slowly pulled it down her arm until the breast he'd been caressing was revealed to his avid gaze. "Beautiful," he murmured before dipping his head and running his tongue around the tender nub. Light at first and then firmer until he took her aching nipple into his mouth and began sucking rhythmically.

Elizabeth moaned and arched under his touch. Reaching up, she clasped the back of his head and pulled him closer, trying to force more of her breast into his mouth but he held her still and began flicking his tongue back and forth over her nipple, each stroke sending a jolt of pleasure straight to her core.

Pulling down the other strap, he kissed his way over to her other, newly exposed breast and lavished it with the same attention.

Elizabeth felt like her entire body was on fire as she writhed and groaned beneath him, grinding herself against his leg in a vain attempt to relieve the tension that was building between her thighs.

On reflex, William began to rock back against her as he gave her nipple one last lick before releasing it and moving back up to reclaim Elizabeth's mouth for a searing kiss. Reaching behind her back, he deftly undid her bra, then tossed it aside and broke the kiss off to stare down at her, panting harshly as he stilled.

The snow outside lightened the night and interior of the car sufficiently enough that William could discern Elizabeth's face quite easily. Her tousled hair was fanned out in a kind of halo around her head and her eyes were filled with a hungry passion. Lips, swollen from their kisses, were parted slightly as she tried to control the laboured breathing that had her chest rising and falling at a rapid rate.

"Bloody hell, you're gorgeous," he told her fervently. She smiled in response and his breath hitched slightly, a warm feeling spreading through his limbs at the sight.

Keeping his eyes locked with hers, he trailed his hand slowly down over the curves of her body until he reached the soft material of her panties. Easing his leg away, he peeled her underwear down and she brought her legs up in assistance. Once bare, she straightened her legs and he brought his hand back to her belly then moved it down until it came into contact with the silky curls that protected her sex. As he gently started to stroke, he saw her eyes widen and lips draw further apart on a gasp. Enjoying her reaction, he slid his fingers down further and gently cupped her mound before using his forefinger to lightly run along the slick folds of her nether lips.

"God, you're so wet," he groaned, applying more pressure. This time, her reaction was to let out a soft whimper and buck against his hand slightly as her eyes fluttered shut. The movement of her hips was just enough that his probing finger slipped easily inside causing them both to gasp at the new sensation. God she felt incredible…so hot…so tight. She bucked again and William began to move his finger in and out, maintaining a steady rhythm as he leaned down and ran his tongue over her nearest nipple.

"Yes," she urged on a thready moan, bringing her hands up to hold him there. Needing no further encouragement, he opened his mouth and began to suck in time with the pumping motion of his hand.

Elizabeth didn't know what hit her; there were so many sensations all at once. His hot, wet mouth on her breast, the rasp of his beard on her tender skin, his talented finger…no…wait…make that fingers now and…oh God…his thumb. His thumb was doing the most delicious things to her most sensitive spot…rubbing it lightly…and then harder…harder…

Everything was building as she moaned and panted and clutched at him, getting closer and closer, until…"Oh God! William!" Her body stiffened and arched beneath him as her orgasm surged through her at a frightening pace. William placed a chaste kiss on her breast and then one on her lips as he slowed his movements, gently bringing her down until she lay languid in his arms.

"Wow," she breathed, staring at him with dazed eyes and a dreamy smile that made his heart stutter momentarily before resuming its beat at a quicker pace.

William smiled back then leaned back in to give her a soft, lingering kiss as he gently removed his hand from her panties. Elizabeth responded then pulled away and gently pushed back against his chest. William looked down at her with a slight frown but she simply smiled and urged him to lie on his back.

“I want to…” she paused. How did you tell a man that wanted to love him? If there were words, she didn’t know them. Deciding that actions spoke louder anyway, she leaned forward and began planting light, barely there kisses on his chest. Under her mouth, his skin felt smooth and cool but hard. Working her way over to his nipple, she flicked her tongue over it as he’d done to her and was delighted to hear the soft groan that he elicited.

Wanting to hear it again, she tongued him more firmly and was rewarded with a louder moan. Bringing her teeth into play, she gently nipped and scraped at his hardened nub and listened with growing confidence to his sharp intake of breath that he let out on a long hiss. After paying his other nipple the same attention, she began kissing her way down his toned abdomen.

Being of smaller stature, she slipped easily under the cover of the sleeping bag and only came to a stop when she reached his engorged cock. Once there, she hesitated for a moment no sure what to do, but the desire to please him as he had her quickly became too strong to resist and she reached out a hand then took him in a firm grip.

William tensed at her first tentative touch and then groaned as the heat of her mouth slowly descended along the length of his manhood. “Christ, Buffy!” he gasped as he pushed his hand into her hair to lightly grasp her head and gently urge her on. “That feels so good, baby.”

Elizabeth froze at the sound of her name. Buffy. She’d forgotten about that. Was that why she was acting like this? Because she could pretend she was someone else? Would William have wanted her if she’d been plain old Elizabeth? A rose by any other name…

His gentle urging brought her back to the task at hand…or mouth…and she determinedly swept away the troublesome thoughts. It didn’t matter. Nothing mattered except giving this man as much pleasure as he’d given her.

William couldn’t believe his luck. Buffy was amazing. She was so giving he almost felt as if she were worshipping his body. And she licked and sucked and made all these small noises that left him in no doubt that she was enjoying this as much as he.

Heat began to lap up his body as he felt the familiar tightening that announced the onset of release. “Buffy, luv, you have to stop,” he told her harshly as he grabbed her shoulders and pulled her back up to face him.

“What?” she asked in confusion as he rolled her over onto her back.

“When it happens, I want to be inside you…I want to see your face,” he murmured hotly. Urging her legs apart with a gentle hand, he moved and settled himself between her thighs then stilled. “Are you still sure you want this? Me?”

Elizabeth swallowed hard at the look of desire and tenderness on his features and nodded her head as she whispered, “Yes, William, I’m sure.”

She never knew what it cost William to ask her that nor how relieved he was at her reply. With a soft smile, he positioned himself at her entrance and then slowly began to ease himself in.

Even though she was ready, Elizabeth still felt the small dart of fear of initial possession and automatically tensed. William immediately stopped and whispered for her to relax. She tried but knew it would be impossible. Her body had never known such an invasion and it needed time to adjust. Time, that a sexually active person wouldn’t have needed quite so much of. She knew she should tell him that she was still a virgin but gut feeling told her that William wouldn’t continue if he knew…and more than anything in the world right now, she wanted him to continue.

There was only one thing for it.

Moving her hands down his body, she cupped his backside then tilted her head back. “Kiss me,” she ordered softly. As their lips met, Elizabeth gripped his ass cheeks firmly and pulled as she simultaneously surged her hips up.

“Bloody hell!” William swore as he tore away from their kiss, breathing hard. He was completely sheathed within her and he’d never known heat like it. “You’re so tight,” he gasped as he slowly began to move his hips back and forth. “Never felt anything like it…so good, Buffy.”

Beneath him, Elizabeth struggled to control her own sharp breaths as the pain of losing her virginity gradually faded away to be replaced by the ever mounting pleasure of his slow movements. Instinctively, she began to move with him, urging him to go faster…deeper…harder…

His head dropped to her neck as his strokes picked up momentum and he continued to tell her just how good she felt surrounding him…how hot and wet she was…how responsive…

“You feel good too,” Elizabeth gasped in return. “I never knew it could be like this.”

William groaned and began to plunge into her harder, her words inflaming his passion to new heights. Elizabeth moved one hand up his back and tightened her hold, revelling in the feel of his muscles contracting with every thrust of his hips. In the pit of her stomach, she could feel the building sensation begin to unfurl as she strived for completion.

As if knowing exactly what she needed, William changed the angle of his hips slightly so that he hit her sweet spot on every down stroke. Lifting his head from her throat, he began to verbally urge her on; telling her to let go, to let it happen, that he’ll be there to catch her fall, that she the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen and when she finally came with a shout of his name, he was watching her just like he wanted.

Then, moments later, he reached his own shuddering climax and his call merged with hers as he emptied himself deep inside her welcoming body.

As they came down from their high, Elizabeth wrapped her arms tightly around William’s heavily breathing body, relishing the weight of him pinning her down. It had been wonderful…he had been wonderful. She felt as if she should say something, but her body was now as greedy for sleep as it had been for completion. Driving for hours in the snow, lack of food and then all the emotional tension between them had taken its toll and she could feel her eyes drooping even though she valiantly tried to keep awake.

When his breathing was more or less back to normal, William eased back slightly and reluctantly allowed himself to slip out of her before rolling them onto their sides. One look at the woman beside him told him she was asleep and he let out a heavy sigh. Wasn’t that the man’s thing?

Sliding onto his back, he arranged her against his side and she muttered something in her sleep before snuggling closer. Looking down at her, he reached out and brushed a strand of hair from her face then placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. Wrapping his arms around Elizabeth, he stared at the ceiling of his vehicle wondering why this unexpected encounter had happened. Why he’d felt this fierce desire and urgent need for a woman he’d never met before and yet…somehow, he felt as if he’d always known her.

His eyes were drawn back to the lovely creature in his arms and he sighed. There would be faint bruises on her skin in the morning where he loved her while he…

He grimaced and shook his head. He had a new life and a new job waiting for him. The last thing he needed right now was some kind of emotional complication. Unfortunately, the last thing he could do after tonight was forget what had happened and pretend that the woman sleeping in his arms didn’t exist.

Not now.

Not ever.

TBC in Chapter 5.