Chapter 5-

Before leaving for England, Spike headed back to the Hyperion in his Desoto, to pack. When he was finished, he went downstairs. The hotel was pretty busy this time of day and he spotted his friend through the throng of people.

As Spike stepped down off the last step, he waved at his friend. “Hey Wes.” He set his bag down, waiting for Wes.
Wes walked around a group of people to get to Spike.

“Spike,” nodded Wes. “I arranged it with Angel for you to get time off.” He paused for a moment. “In case you don’t happen to return.”

Could that really happen? Could Spike and Buffy really stay together in London? Would she still want him? Those were the questions going through his mind. As he pushed away
those thoughts, he said, “Thanks mate.” Spike extended his hand to shake Wes’. “’Preciate this. I was gonna make the call before I left.”

“Not a problem,” Wes shook Spike’s hand. “It’s worth the risk, isn’t it?”

“Hell yeah!” Spike smirked.

Smiling back, Wes said, “You’re limo is waiting!”
“You didn’t have to…Coulda taken a cab,” Said a shocked Spike.

“It’s Angel’s idea.” Angel’s unpredictability really annoyed Wes, but wasn’t going to question Angel about this. He was doing the right thing for a change.

“So the grand poof did this for me?” Chuckled Spike. “Who would have thought it?”

A moment of silence passed between the two friends. Spike was about to make a snarky gesture about his grand sire, but Wes told Spike, “You should really get going.”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

Picking up his bang Spike looked around once last time, hoping that this would be the last time he’d see the old hotel. He extended his hand to Wes once again, shaking his friend’s hand.

“Thanks again, Mate,” Spike said before leaving. He then walked out of the old hotel, beginning a new chapter in his life.

As he opened the door to the limo, he slid inside, making himself comfortable. He realized how excited he was and hoped that everything would work out. It was hard enough being away from her; it would be even harder for her to shut him out. He pushed that thought of his head and told the driver to drive to the airport.

****

When Spike arrived at the airport, he was detained, because of an engine malfunction on the plane. He waited in the first class lounge until another plane could be made available.

After an hour of waiting, Spike was getting antsy and decided to walk around. He found a gift shop, and headed inside. As he perused the items, he found a charm bracelet for Dawn and for Buffy he found a stuffed animal, resembling her stuff animal she lost in Sunnydale.

The former vampire stood there for a moment, imagining the moment that the couple would see each other.

Spike knocked on the door to Buffy’s place; she’d open the door and squeal in delight at seeing her lover.

“Spike! Oh my god, Spike. You’re here.” She said, jumping into his arms. “It’s really you!” She peppered his face with kisses. “It’s really you!”

He set her back down, and said, “Glad to see you to, pet.” He held out the stuff pig, and her face lit up.

“Mr. Gordo!” She brought her hands to her face in surprise. “Where ever did you find him?”

“Found him in an airport gift shop.”


Shaking his head, breaking that train of thought, he said, “Who the hell am I kidding. That ain’t gonna happen.”

Spike proceeded to the cashiers to pay for the items, but he stopped when something caught his eye. He picked it up, looking it over for several minutes and again he made his way to the cashiers, paying for the items. He headed back to the first class lounge with his purchases, and waited for the plane.

A half an hour later, he was on board, heading for London. He was definitely ready to see Buffy and the bit.

****

The plane pulled in a little after eight in the morning. Spike was so excited that he couldn’t sleep. There would be time to sleep later. He had to see Buffy first, even though he was nervous. He thought positively the way there. If he thought about the bad stuff, sooner or later, he start to believe it and he’d just be to scare to see Buffy now.

When the plane came to a stop, Spike exited it a few moments later. He headed to the luggage claim to claim his bag. When he found his bag, Spike went in search of a cab. He only had to wait a few moments and one pulled up. He slide inside and pulled out a piece of paper with her address on it.

“Twenty One Brighton Place, please,” Spike said, placing
the paper back in his pocket, and making himself comfortable.

The cab driver pulled away from the curb and headed towards the destination. He looked at Spike in the mirror and said, “Going to see your girl?”

“Yeah,” said Spike, vaguely. “Somethin’ like that.”
The rest of the drive was in silence and Spike watched scenery fly by him as he watched through the window. It had been a long time since he was last in England and it all brought back a lot of memories from his past, some good, some bad, but it was the past and that’s where it was going to stay. He couldn’t change the past, but decided that he was going to make new memories here with Buffy.

The cab pulled up in front of Twenty One Brighton Place and Spike hadn’t even realized it until the driver said, “We’re here, mate!”

“Oh right,” Spike said, grabbing his bag, and opening up the door, but stopped as he hesitated.

The driver made some kind of crude joke and Spike was about to make a snarky comment, when he saw Dawn walking by. She went through the gate to her property and disappeared into the house. She hadn’t even noticed Spike there and that scared him. He thought she’d forgotten all about him.

It had been awhile since he’d last seen her, but he thought her hair was longer and a light lighter, although he thought she looked better a brunette.

Despite the pictures, Dawn changed a lot since then and he wondered just how much Buffy had changed.

“Well, ya going?” The cabbie asked, breaking through Spike’s thoughts.

“Bloody hell, get off my back, you wanker.” He quickly exited the car, and threw the fair at the driver and slammed his door.

The driver sped off into the distance. Spike looked around the neighborhood. The houses were all lined up next to each other and all white with trees lined up along the side walk. He knew exactly where he was, the same type of neighborhood he lived in with his family. It made things just a little better for him.

Taking a deep breath, Spike made his way up to the gate, opened it, and stepped inside the fenced in area, closing the gate behind him. He made his way up to the door, ringing the door bell. A few minutes later, someone asked from behind the door, “Who is it?”

Buffy is that you? Oh god!

“It’s William,” he said, using his given name.

Buffy was shocked and wondered how he knew where she lived. She didn’t know what to say. She stood quietly, hugging herself. Dawn came in front the parlor and wondered why her sister was acting strange.

“Buffy, you ok?”

She walked closer to her sister and she noticed that her sister had turned white.

“Buffy are you ok? Is the…”Buffy cut Dawn off.

“I’m fine. Spike’s outside,” Buffy said, a few moments later, after take a few deep breaths.

Surprised, Dawn quickly opened the door, and Spike wasn’t there. Turning around, Dawn said, “I thought he was there?”

“He was, Dawn.”

Dawn stepped outside, looking around. She saw Spike headed towards the park nearby. She called out to him. He stopped and turned around.

“Bit?” He called.

She came running after him and leaped at him.

“It’s good to see you to, bit.” He held on to her.

A few moments later, he set her down.

“How’s big sis?”

“Well, um…”

“I know.”

“You do?” Dawn asked surprised.

“Yes, Angel sent someone to spy on you two and I saw the pictures yesterday, thanks to Wes.” Spike said and a few moments later. “He was the only one that had the decency to tell me.”

“I’m sorry Spike. We didn’t want to burden you with this.”
Spike stepped back, appalled that they would even think such a thing.

“Bloody hell, burden me? Why would you think that? You damn well know I’d want to be here for that! ‘Specially that!”

“I’m so sorry Spike! It’s what Buffy wanted.” Suddenly Dawn felt bad for Spike. She thought that they were doing the best thing. “I’m really sorry! I didn’t know that you’d want to be apart of it.”

A few moments passed in silence and Spike said, “S’ok bit, let’s just go up the house and see big sis.”

They walked hand and hand up to the house and inside. Buffy had been sitting on the steps, waiting anxiously to see Spike. She wondered what it would be like seeing him again. She was scare to tell him. Scratch that, she was just scared period. All that fear had disappeared when Spike walked through the door.

“Spike!” Buffy jumped up from the steps.

It all seemed like slow motion for the couple as they headed towards one another.

“Buffy!”

Finally, they were each others arms and they never wanted to let go. He held on to her for a long moment and then stepped back to see her, all of her.

“I missed you, ” Buffy said kissing him once again.

“I missed you too, love,” smiled Spike.

Spike pulled her back into another embrace, and Dawn shut the door behind her, and left the two along, heading upstairs. Buffy pulled away, and Spike looked at her again. He’d always thought she was beautiful, but this moment, she was even more beautiful. Effulgent was the word running through his mind. He could write poetry about this very moment, he thought, running his hand along her stomach.

Buffy smiled back at him brilliantly, and then said, come here, I want to show you something.” She pulled him upstairs and he dropped his bag on the floor, forgetting the gifts that he’d placed in it. He’d go anywhere on earth for her, just as long as he was with her.

TBC