Chapter 6-

As Spike was being pulled along up stairs, he noticed the pictures lining the walls. They were of Buffy, Dawn, Willow, Xander and Giles. All looking very happy, he thought.

When they rounded the stairs and began to go up a whole other set up stairs, Spike stopped, looking at portrait of Joyce. He smiled fondly, remembering how good she was to him and how mean she was to Angel.

Buffy turned to see what was holding up Spike, and realized he was looking at the portrait.

“Giles had it done as a gift for me and Dawn, when we moved into this house,” said Buffy, walking down the steps, and stood next to Spike, intertwining her fingers with his.

"It’s beautiful,” he turned towards Buffy. “Like mother like daughter!”

He smiled, lovingly. “How did you manage to get this house?” He asked a few moments later.

“Believe it or not, it’s one of my father’s houses,” began Buffy, softly. “When he found out we lost our house and I was pregnant, he gave us this house. We don’t have to pay a thing, either.”

“How did you manage that?” He asked as they continued on their way.

A few moments later, they turned right and into a bedroom. “This!” She stepped a side to show Spike.

When he asked the question, it never really occurred to Spike the reason why they got the house, until now.

All Spike said was, “Oh!”

It will probably the one and only time anyone would ever see Spike speechless, Buffy thought, smiling up at him, suppressing a giggle.

The wall had been painted with murals of different story book characters and on the left was a round crib with a pink lace canopy and the bedding was of the same story book characters on the wall. Straight a head from the doorway was a large bay window, with a window seat. The pillows were large and comfy and very inviting to sit. To the right of that a rocker and next to that an antique dresser with changing table and next to that was a large walk in closet full of baby clothing.

Spike walked over to the closet, and opened it, revealing all the baby clothes. He turned to look at Buffy.

“This is his way of making up for him not being there for us,” stated Buffy, walking over to Spike, and wrapping her arms around his waste.

”There’s not a thing here the baby doesn’t have,” Spike said, turning to face her.
“The baby doesn’t have its dad,” whispered Buffy, leaning up for a kiss.

“He or she has me!”

She stepped back, “Ooh, Feel.” She guided his hand to her stomach. “The baby kicked.”

Spike felt the baby kick and he smiled, kneeling to the floor.
Instantly he knew the baby was going to be a girl. He didn’t know how or why, but he knew. And it didn’t really matter, as long as he had this moment.

“Gonna be just like her mommy!”

“How do you know it’s gonna be a girl? I haven’t even decided if I want to find out.”

“Just like I like said,” he stood up, holding her hands. “Like mother like daughter.”

As they giggled, Dawn entered the nursery, “What’s so funny?”

“Nuthin,” said the former vampire. “Let’s say we go downstairs, I’ve got presents…for all three of you.”

*****
On the other side of London, Giles was reading up on the latest apocalypse when he come a crossed something very interesting. He walked over to his desk and sat down in his chair, as he continued to read the passage. When he was finished, he called Xander into his office.

A knock came at the door a few moments later, and then Xander entered.

“What’d you need, G-man?”

“Oh for heaven’s sake, Xander, call me Giles.” He huffed and then sighed as he then continued. “Xander read this passage here for me.” He pointed out to Xander as Xander took the book and began to read.

Looking up at Giles questioningly, Xander asked, “What are we going to do?”

Giles removed his already polished glasses and produced a hanky as he began to polish his already polished glasses. “I don’t know, Xander. It’s gonna be bad. We’re gonna need Faith and Willow as soon as possible. The sits aren’t nearly ready, but they’ll have to be. Go to Buffy and tell her. Calling her would just take to much time to explain.”

Xander hurried out of Giles office and out to the parking lot to his car, speeding to Buffy’s house.

****

Buffy, Dawn and Spike headed into the family room located off the kitchen. Before the girls moved into the house, Hank had it remolded mostly for the baby, which he added a family room off the kitchen. Prior to coming into the family room, Dawn had given him a quick tour.

Upstairs there was Buffy’s and Dawn’s room, each having a bathroom of their own. The other three bedrooms had been guest rooms, which they all shared a bathroom.

Downstairs and off to the right of the foyer a dinning room and off to the left a formal living room with an adjacent office. Down the hall before the kitchen was a hallway to the left, leading to the servant’s quarters.

As they made themselves comfortable on the large white sofa, he handed them their gifts and kept Buffy’s and the baby’s in the bag.

Opening up the box, Dawn squealed and hugged Spike.
“Oh Spike, thank you! It’s beautiful.”

“Glad you like it.” He said helping her put it on.
“Thank you again, Spike,” Dawn hugged him again. “I love the charm braclet.”

‘Welcome,” Spike told her as he reciprocated the hug.

Buffy opened hers a few moments later and was shocked to see the contents. “Oh my god, Spike…you found Mr. Gordo! How?” She leaned in and kissed him. “How did you find him?”
“That’s Mrs. Gordo,” Spike said, lightheartedly. “I wish I could have found Gordo for you, but I hope this will do.” He tilted his head, and smiled as he waited for her to answer.

The slayer watched Spike closely for a moment, savoring the way he looked in his black shirt and jeans. She missed being with him and didn’t know why she waited so long.

“I love it,” she said, a moment later, looking him directly in his blue eyes. If she looked long enough, she would could get lost within them. “Thank you!”

As Spike smiled, he picked up the bag, “There’s something else…”

Placing her hand within the bag, she pulled out a baby book and looked it over. It had little animals over it and said big letters, ‘Baby’s Book.’

“How did you know we needed that?” Buffy said, inquisitively. “It was the last thing we were planning on getting.”

“I just saw it and knew,” answered Spike, still smiling. “Is it ok?” He asked hesitantly.

“Oh yes, it’s perfect.”

Spike pulled out another little box and handed it to Buffy. Scratching her head in wonderment, Buffy looked up at Spike curiously.

“What is this?” She asked before opening the tiny box.
Before he could answer, the door bell rang and Buffy excused herself to answer it. When she returned Xander was with her.

“Spike!” Xander exclaimed, walking into the family room, and shaking Spike’s hand. “Good to see you.”

“Good to see you too, Xander,” Spike said, standing up, and returned the handshake.

“So…what brings you over here?” Buffy wondered, as she took a seat next to Spike who’d already sat back down.
“Um, well, Giles has some bad news and we wanted to tell you in person,” began Xander as he sat down in front of the couple.

“What is it?” Dawn asked, curiously, looking directly at Xander.

Everyone waited anxiously until Xander spoke again.

TBC