"Its days like this I really miss Cordelia," Xander complained.

It was hard not to laugh at the whelp. He was dressed in a bright yellow rain coat complete with hat and boots. His hands were wrapped in saran wrap because he didn't have any water resistant gloves. To protect his face he wore an old halloween mask. Spike had thought it was a skeleton but Xander had insisted it was a Skeletor. What the difference was Spike wasn't sure.

On the other hand Spike wasn't looking forward to this anymore than Xander was. First off he was in desperate need of sleep. Buffy had done a pretty good job of wearing him out and unlike her he hadn't gotten a chance to take a nap. Instead he'd been running through the sewers looking for demon lairs and convincing the Scoobies not to kill him.

The worst part was that he had no one to blame but himself. He knew full well what he was doing when he'd had sex with Buffy not that he regretted that.

What he did regret was helping her pals put her back right. He'd thought he could buy himself amnesty by helping them. Plus he couldn't quite wish Buffy dead anymore. He told himself over and over that it was just because he wanted to shag her again, but the more he thought it, the less convincing it became. . .

And once they'd entered the sewers, Riley had made it perfectly clear that the only reason he'd agreed not to kill Spike was because he was sure that Buffy would do it as soon as she was back to normal, and he'd get to watch. Spike wasn't sure Riley was wrong either, and he wouldn't be able to shag anyone if he was a pile of dust.

So here he was, trapped in the sewers with the two people who probably hated him most, Harris and Finn. Off to find a cure for the girl who was most likely going to kill him for helping her.

He did still have one card up his sleeve though it wasn't an ace. He hadn't told the Scoobies that half the vampires in town were planning on ganging up on Buffy tonight, figuring she'd be too out of it to run. No matter whether they cured the Slayer or not, there was going to be a hell of a fight tonight, and she would need him. If he didn't grab some kip, he was likely to end up dust, but at least he'd go out fighting.

"We're here. Ready Harris?" Spike said as they approached the mouth of one of the many caves underneath Sunnydale.

"As I'll ever be, but shouldn't we be whispering?" Xander asked.

"No point, it's a big hunk of rock. Doesn't have eyes, ears, or even a nose. It tracks heat somehow, which is to our advantage, cause it won't even know I'm here, and I'm the one who has to kill the bloody thing. Remember to stay back here Finn, you haven't been waterproofed like the boy and I don't want you getting poisoned, cause no matter how hard you beg, I'm not letting you blow me." With that Spike gave his best cocky smile, and disappeared into the cave and out of Riley's reach.

"Oh, god. That was a visual I so did not need," groaned Xander.

"You and me both. Would it be breaking my promise if we just cut out his tongue?" Riley asked.

"Better be careful Finn, my tongue is Buffy's favorite part," he knew he shouldn't taunt the soldier, but he couldn't help it. Besides, he figured the damage was done. "Now get in here Harris," he called.

Spike's plan was simple, and didn't require a great amount of waiting so Spike was able to stick to it. As soon as Xander entered the cave what had seemed to be a lifeless hunk of purple rock came to life. After only a moment it had spit all over Xander and was slowly moving toward him. It's arms extended to grab what it assumed was easy prey.

But it had no idea that Spike had been standing right next to it all along. He had brought a large mace along for the occasion, and started bashing the thing in. Even if the demon couldn't sense the vampire, it knew that something was hurting it from that direction. Still it was much to slow to be able to catch Spike. He was always ten steps ahead of it. And after several minutes of bashing away at the same place on the back of the demons 'head' Spike finally managed to pierce the outer shell and hit the gooey filling. Purple blood shot out, and the demon dissolved much as it's mate had.

In the mean time Xander had taken out a tupperware container they had brought with them, and was carefully scooping the demon spit off of his rain coat and into the dish.

"Can we get out of here now? This get up is hot," Xander complained.

"Might as well, Chaorite's really aren't that much fun, they don't even scream when you kill them. A hell of a lot of effort for an unsatisfying kill if you ask me," Spike said.

"We didn't. And we don't care if you have fun or not. On second thought, we prefer that you don't." Xander said, as they turned back toward Giles' place. "How did you know so much about these demon's anyway?"

"Ran across some back during the second Russian Revolution."

"There were two?" Xander asked.

Spike rolled his eyes, "Bloody Americans. Yeah there were two, but the first one was rather brief. The second one was the fun one. Anyway, Dru and I were enjoying the mayhem, when she heard about these demons that ate people alive. So we went looking for them, she fancied one for a pet you see, anyway, we found some, but really they sound more fun then they were. Sure there's an incredible amount of blood when they bite someone in half, but I ask you, where is the fun if the victim isn't scared?"

"Sorry I asked."