Chapter 5-
After another round of love making, Buffy and Spike were resting. She realized that she hadn’t eaten in a long time and wonder if he was also as hungry as she was. “Are you awake?”

“Yes, pet.”

“I’m starving.”

“Yeah, I’m famished.”

“Let’s see what you have,” Buffy lifted his arm, grabbed the sheet, wrapped it around her, and went into the kitchen. Spike quickly got up, searched for his cell phone. A few minutes later he found it and dialed his assistant’s number.

“Hey yeah, need you to go to go to Tiffany’s. Pick me out an engagement ring.” He whispered.

“Why are you whispering?”

“Because I don’t want her to hear me, that’s why!”

“Ok, ok. What kind would you like?”

“You know me, just pick something out.”

“What size?”

“I don’t know. About your size I guess.”

“I need more of an idea William.”

“Just get something plain but yet beautiful. Nothing fancy.”

“The store is closed it’s almost 8pm.”

“Get them to open it. I’ll pay a little more for the ring if they’ll
open the store for you.”

“Ok, got it boss.” She quickly hung up. He tossed the phone aside.

Buffy had begun looking in the cupboards, but didn’t see anything. She looked into the fridge.
“Ah ha, strawberries and it looks like chocolate. Mmmmm.” Buffy took the strawberries and chocolate out. Cleaned them off and put the chocolate and strawberries into a bowl. “Do you have a tray?” She yelled to him.

“Yeah, it’s in the pantry.”

“Ok, thanks.” Buffy went to the pantry and grabbed the tray. On her way back to the kitchen, she noticed a little fridge by the sink. She opened it up, and there was Champagne in it. She grabbed a bottle, closed the door, and looked around for the glasses, but she didn’t see any wine glasses. “These will have to do.” She picked up juice glasses and proceeded to put everything on the tray, and headed back into the bedroom.

“Oooh, what do we have here?” Spike sat up in bed.

“Strawberries and chocolate.”

“My favorites.” Buffy sat the tray down as she sat down on
the bed. Spiked poured the Champagne into the glasses. She dipped a strawberry in the chocolate, took a bite.

“I want to taste.” She leaned into kiss him and when the kiss was broken, he began chewing.

“MMMM, that’s good!”

"Mmmmhmmm.” Buffy agreed with a smile as Spike took a drink. He got serious for a moment and Buffy got worried. “What’s wrong?” She couldn’t help but think that this was the one and only night that they would ever have. She didn’t want it to end. Please don’t let this end. Please don’t, she thought. He moved the tray out of the way, and sat closer to her. He didn’t want this to be the end. He knew that they could have so much more. “Honey, what is it?” She wondered.

“I want it to be this way, always. I want...I want...Bloody hell, I can’t even say what I want...”

“What?” Buffy could tell that he was scared. “William, please tell me what it is. You’re scaring me.”

“It’s not my intention, love.” He kissed softly on the lips. “I want this to be this way all the time. I want you in my life. I can’t leave you again. You’re all I want. You’re all that I need. I can’t lose you. I won’t lose ya again.”

“You’re never gonna lose me. I love you!”

“I love you.” Spike so desperately wanted to ask her something that would change their lives forever. He didn’t know if he could ask her that just yet. This was their first day, well second day of being together. He wanted to make sure that this was right. It felt right, and he loved her. “Good, you’re everything to me.” He got enough nerve and asked her anyway. He was hoping that there would be a yes, instead of a no. He looked away shyly, “Will you do me the honor of marrying me?”

She stood on her feet. “Did you just propose to me?” The
excitement was boiling over. Her whole body was tingling. She wanted to say yes. She wanted this from the first day.
He looked at her square in the eyes. “S’ that a problem, love?”
“No. NO. NO!” Buffy jumped on the bed, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him all over his face.

“S’ that a no?” He joked.

“No...I mean yes...no...Yes...yes, I’ll marry you!” she was excitedly kissing his face. Spike rolled Buffy on her back and he ripped the sheet away from her. It landed on the floor in a pool. He began kissing her.

He slowly slid into her, and she moaned. “Oooooooooooh Spike! I love you!”

“Love you too, baby!”
****
Willow had arrived in front of an old Victorian brownstone apartment. She pushed the pushed the doorbell to Tara’s apartment.

“Hello!”

“It’s me Willow.”

“Hi Willow.” Tara buzzed Willow in. She walked inside, waited until Tara met her at the bottom of the stairs. The two women climbed the steps to the top floor. Tara opened the door and allowed Willow to walk through.

It was small studio apartment. Straight a head was the living room/bedroom, off to the right was a small kitchen and down the little hall was a bathroom. Willow quickly noticed the window seat in the front. “This is nice.”

“I know it’s not much, but its home.” She smiled. “Come in...Sit down.” Willow sat on the sofa. She was fidgety and very nervous. Tara could tell that she was nervous. She sat down next to Willow. “You don’t need to be nervous around me.”

“I know. It’s just...It’s just...I haven’t...been d...dating in the last few y...years.” Willow finally said as she remembered to breath.

“I was just making some tea for myself, when you arrived. Would you like some?”

“Sure, thanks.”

Tara went to the kitchen and soon she returned with two cups of tea. She set them down on the coffee table and sat down. It was awkward for the two young women. They just sat there sipping their tea.
***
Xander had been waiting for Anya to arrive. Suddenly he heard a knock at the door. The person was anxious to get in and he chuckled at that. “Must be my girl...I’m coming Anya.”

“You better hurry. We’re missing SEX!”
He opened the door and she jumped into his arms, kissing him. “Whoa, whoa, Anya, can’t we try some romance? Ya know foreplay?”

“Nope, I need SEX now!” She kissed him hard, while Xander protested.

“Anya. Anya.”

“What?” Anya kissed him softly, with passion. Xander couldn’t resist. He carried down the hall, and kicked the door open, slamming it shut with his foot. He laid her on the bed, still kissing her.
***
“So,” Tara began as she broke the ice. “Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?” She sat back on the sofa. Willow looked at Tara shyly. She smiled.

“I lived in California up until 5 years ago. My friends and I moved here to and bought the bookstore from Rupert Giles. That’s about it.” Willow didn’t know if she should tell her about the time she spent in the institution or the reason why she was there.

“I’ve lived here all my life...What would you like to do?”

“What do you want to do?”

“We could watch TV, play a board game, or we could just sit and talk.” Willow leaned over and kissed her. At first Tara resisted, but finally she kissed Willow back. Their arms snaked around their necks, bringing each other even closer.
***
Connor got up to answer his phone. It was their editor. They needed to get the story in as soon as possible, or they wouldn’t have any jobs. He hung up the phone and went back to wherever Dawn was.

“Honey, we’ve got a problem.”

“What is it?”

“That was Don, and he said we’ve got to get everything in as soon as possible.”

“Damn, that means by tomorrow morning.”

“You need to call Buffy.”

“I can’t call Buffy. I don’t even know where she is.”
Connor handed her the phone. Dawn reluctantly dialed Buffy’s cell phone, hoping that she took it with her, where ever she may have gone. The phone rang and rang, but Buffy’s voice mail came on.

“Hi, you’ve reached Elizabeth Anne Summers, and I can not answer your call at this time. Leave your name and number, and I’ll return your call shortly. Thank you!”
It beeped a few times and Dawn left her message. “Dawn here, Buffy, we’ve got a serious problem. Don, my editor, wants the story tomorrow morning. So when you get this we’ve got to meet somewhere ASAP. I could probably get started with what I have and the rest will have to come from William. We’ll have to have pictures too. Call me please. I wish I knew where you were. Call me! I’m at Connor’s. His number is 555-3432. Bye.” She hung up the phone. “I don’t know when she’ll return my call. I could probably start it, and we could ask a few questions and take pictures of him.”

“What happens if your sister doesn’t want you to interview him?”

“I don’t know!”
The phone rang again. Connor picked it up. It was Don again and Connor rolled his eyes. Dawn knew exactly who it was, “What does he want?” She whispered.
He whispered and shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know!” Don finished and Connor hung up once again. “Don doesn’t want a story about his childhood. He wants something on the last five years.”

“As far as I know, he didn’t do much of anything. The last girlfriend messed him up; she landed in a mental institution. The he came back into New York for my sister. There’s not much there.”

“Ah, but you’re missing the big picture...He came back for love. That’s your story.” He winked.
“You’re right.” Dawn said, smiling.

“Well, let’s go. Maybe she’s back home.” They dressed, hurried out to the car and drove back to the bookstore. Twenty minutes later, they pulled up, went to the door, Dawn unlocked it, and they hurried up the stairs. She unlocked her door.

“Buffy? She called out. She looked in all the rooms, but her sister wasn’t there. “Xander and Willow.” Dawn grabbed her key and went across he wall, unlocked the door. “Xander...Willow?” It was quiet. She turned to go down the hall, and she heard moaning coming from Xander’s room. She thought that maybe it was Xander and Willow, until he moaned “Oh Anya.” Dawn giggled, knocked on the door. “Xander, sorry to bother you and Anya, but have you seen my sister?” Xander stopped in mid pump and Anya giggled.

“No...Um no, I haven’t. Sorry. Look, Dawn, we’re a little busy, could you please leave us alone for awhile.”

“Sure, sorry!” She walked out the apartment laughing. Connor couldn’t figure out what she was laughing at. “Oh, nothing just caught Xander and Anya in bed together. Nothing big.” She laughed as she closed the door.

“I heard that,” Anya called out. Connor laughed with Dawn. She decided to try her sister cell again, hoping that she’d answer and pulled out her cell. Dialed the number, and waited for it to ring.
***
“Spike, I’ve got to get that.”

“No, baby, ignore it.”

She pushed his arm away playfully, grabbed her bag, and then pulled out the cell. “Hello!” The door bell rang, and Spike quickly got up to answer it. He hurried back a few minutes later.

“Who was that?” Buffy asked of Spike

“Nothing important, love.” He slid back into bed, and Buffy proceed to talk the person in the phone.

“Finally!”

“Dawn?”

“Yes, I’ve got to talk to your boyfriend right away.”

“What for?”

“I’ve got to get my article in tomorrow morning. I need to interview the both of you right now.”

”Dawn, look, I don’t think that...”

“Look, if you don’t do it, I’ll get fired. Connor too!”

Buffy looked over at Spike. “She wants to interview us, is it something that you want to do?”

“Both of us?”

“Yes.”

“What’s it about?”

“Dawn, what would your article be mostly about?”

“You.” She held the phone away from her ear, half expecting Buffy to yell at her.

“Me? Why?” When Buffy didn’t yell, Dawn brought the phone back to her ear.

“Because he came back for you. Because he loves you.”

“I don’t know. I value my privacy, and I’m pretty sure he does to. I’ll call you back.” She quickly hung up.

“Spike, do you want to do this interview?”

“What would happen if we don’t do the interview?”

“They’d lose their jobs.”

“We can’t let that happen, pet. Call the nibblet back and tell her to come over here.”

Buffy dialed up her sister again. Dawn answered, “We’ll do it.”

“Cool, where ya at?”

“Spike’s loft. It’s on Spencer Ave off of 10th street.”

“Oh, ok, that’s near Connor’s. We’ll be over there in about 10 minutes.”

“Make that 20 minutes.” She smiled back at Spike.

“Ok, see you then.” They both hung up at the same time.

“This means we’ll have to take a shower,” Spike said, mischievously.

“Oh yes.” Spike slid out of bed, as Buffy was on her way to the bathroom, but he stopped her, and pulled her back on the bed.

“Spike, wh-what are you doing?”

He had hid something in the nightstand and pulled it out. It was a little blue box. Buffy instantly knew where it came from. “Tiffany’s?” She asked, smiling.

“Yes.”

“What is this?” She grabbed the box like a little kid giggling.

“It’s something I thought you needed.” She ripped open the package and opened the box. There was another box inside.

A ring box, she thought. “A ring box?”

“Yes, love. Open it.”

She opened it. “Oh, Spike, it’s beautiful.”

“It is, if I do say so myself.” Mental note thank the assistant.
He chuckled inwardly.

“Put it on, please.” Spike took the box and placed the ring on her finger. What do you know, he thought, it fits. Buffy held up her finger to her face.

“Beautiful!” She kissed him. “Thank you. I love you!”

“I love you to, pet.” The couple went into the bathroom. The bathroom was nice. There was a claw tub over to the right and across from that a double sink. Straight a head was a shower stall and the toilet. He walked over to the shower, turned it on, stepped in, and pulled her in with him. The shower was fairly big. It even had a seat in it, plus there were three shower heads.

“Ooh, now this is a shower.” Spike began nuzzling her neck. “Spike, now, now, we’ve got to be ready when my sister comes over. If we’re not, it’ll be very embarrassing.” He didn’t care, he kept nuzzling her neck.

Fifteen minutes later, they returned from their shower refreshed, and still very horny. They quickly dressed, and were ready for Dawn to show up. A buzz came from the door, and Spike let her in. Soon Dawn was at the door knocking. Spike opened the door, and Dawn was with Connor, who had his camera equipment. The couples all congregated into the living room while Connor took out his digital camera, and began taking pictures. Dawn grabbed her notebook full of questions that she was working on before they rushed over there.

“Ok, so, let’s get started here,” Dawn began. “William...” She was interrupted by Spike.

“Please call me Spike.”

“Ok, Spike, Buffy, what was it like when you first met each other?”

“For me,” Spike started as he remembered their first meeting, “it was magical. Time stopped for me literally. It was me and her...I thought that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I didn’t want our time to end.” Buffy blushed and swatted at him playfully. He kissed her on the cheek.

“It was the same way with me. He completely swept me off my feet. Time was a standstill. He was most beautiful man I had ever seen. Those blue eyes. Those cheek bones. I liked the whole package.” She grinned, looking up and down.
“Love at first sight.” Dawn said writing everything down. “What happened to you after that Spike?”

“Well, she gave me her card, and me, I was stupid not to give her my phone number. Otherwise, we’d already been together.” He snickered. “Anyway, we went our separate ways. I got a call from this prestigious playhouse in France, and I had to take it. I thought that I would return shortly there after, but I was enchanted with the place. Got me a flat and stayed there for the five years. Met a woman, turned out to be insane. She was nothing but trouble. I didn’t go out much, unless my neighbor Clem dragged me out. I had to return before the sunrise. It reminded me of you, Buffy.” He turned to look at her with the most sincere eyes. Buffy could help but caress his face.

“What about you Buffy?”

“You know what I did. I had a few boyfriends. They never worked out. I pushed myself to work, work, and more work. When did I ever go out on my own?”

“Did you think of him?”

“Yes, all the time.” She looked into his eyes. “I think I really did fall in love with him that day in front of the bookstore.”

“What about you Spike?”

“Oh yes, I did. She was on my mind 24/7.”

“Did you fall in love with her that day in front of the bookstore?”

“Yes, I did. She’s my whole world, even right now and I don’t ever want to lose that. She’s my heart and soul.”

“Oh, so romantic.” Dawn implied as she was looking over at Connor, still snapping pictures.

“What was it like seeing each other after all these years? What was the first thing that ran through your minds?”

“I wanted to be with her more than anything.”

“Me to!”

Dawn happened to look up and notice the ring on Buffy’s finger. “Um, is that what I think it is?”

“If you’re referring to this?” Buffy lifted up her hand and showed her sister her ring. “Yes, he asked me right before you called.”

“Aww. This is so cool. You guys are meant to be together. When’s the date?”

“It not for awhile lil’nibblet. We’ve got a lot of time to get to know each other.”

“Well, I think that I have everything thing we need.” Dawn stated.

“One more shot,” Connor told them. He stood in front of the new couple. Spike put his arms around Buffy and held her tightly. They both looked at each other and smiled. “That’s the perfect shot. The one we’ll use with the article.” He snapped the photo and he put everything away. Dawn packed up as well.

“I think it’s time we leave the couple alone.”

“You’re right.” Connor said looking back at Spike and Buffy, who were kissing. He and Dawn tiptoed out of the apartment.

“Bye!” She said closing the door.
***
The next morning Dawn had her assignment in early and by the evening paper, it was front page news. The headline read local celebrity finds his first love again after 5 years. The picture under the headline was the shot of them holding each other kissing.
***