19
Buffy clinched the stake tightly in her hand, all of her senses were on alert. Her fellow slayers were also scanning the area, using every ounce of slayer ability to locate any sign of Drusilla and The Master. After Angel’s awful news earlier that evening, Buffy became full of a determination to find Spike and bring him home that very night. His absence was killing her…she just couldn’t take it anymore. She needed her sire…her lover back. She wasn’t about to let Drusilla keep her claws in him.
“I don’t think they’re here anymore,” One of the girls, a tall ebony-haired girl spoke up, her eyes tired and scared. This was her first real patrol, and couldn’t hold back her excitement. At last, she was a real slayer. Just like the others. “I haven’t even had the vampire tingles.”
“Me either,” another slayer piped in. “Maybe they left town.”
“They didn’t have time,” Buffy shook her head, pushing down the panic that threatened to rise up at the very thought of Spike being gone. If Dru somehow managed to get him out of Cleveland…there was a more then good chance that she’ll never see him again. No. Dru was still in town. Angel had seen them just a few hours before. There was no time for Dru to pack Spike up and leave. They were still here in Cleveland, and she was going to find them, stake Dru and rescue Spike. “Angel saw them earlier tonight. There was no chance for them to leave so quickly.”
“When Sally was attacked,” Sarah, a fifteen year old slayer that seemed to resemble Buffy spoke up.
“Yes. When Sally was attacked. Keep in mind that this is not a revenge mission. We find the lair, grab Spike, and get out. We’ll face off with Dru and The Master another time. Getting Spike back is more important.”
The other slayers just nodded and followed their leader, who was so busy looking over her shoulder to talk to the girls that she walked right into a grinning Drusilla.
“Oh my god,” One of the girls fearfully gasped as her vamp tingles went off. The woman grinning hungrily at them wasn’t human. The insane hunger in her eyes told her that much anyway.
“Welcome to the family, Buffy,” Dru smiled, resembling the cat that had just eaten the canary. She reminded Buffy of the dream she once had right before Angel had lost his soul the first time.
“Buffy,” Sarah cried out as vampires slinked out of the darkness, surrounding the small group of girls.
“Look at all the slayers,” Dru glanced over Buffy’s shoulder, a malicious gleam in her eyes. “Are they nice slayers? Nice and sweet…just like the dark slayer I took care of. Do all these girls taste so sweet?”
“You’re not going near them,” Buffy vamped, her body humming with the added power her demon gave her. She clenched her fists as she resisted the urge to throttle the dark vampiress. “Where is he?”
Dru giggled, stepping a bit closer to the vamped slayer. “In me, deary. Be in me,” She stared into Buffy’s eyes, attempting her thrall. The only affect she had was Buffy’s human face re-emerging. She cried out as Buffy back-handed her and glared angrily at the fallen woman.
“News flash, Dru! Thrall hasn’t worked on me since Dracula! Too bad!” Buffy kicked Dru and then again sent her foot crashing into the frail vampire’s midsection when she had tried to get back up. “Where is he?”
“Buffy!” A slayer screamed out in alarm as vampires roared and swarmed down on them, much to the eldest slayer’s dismay. This was quickly getting out of hand. Hopefully the girls listened to their instincts and fought their way out. Right now, she couldn’t help them…not until she found out where Spike was.
“You’re slayers! Do what you’re made for! Slay!” Buffy ordered as she whipped out a stake of her own . She knelt down next to Dru and pressed the pointy end of the stake to Dru’s heart. “Now, you’re going to tell me where you’re keeping Spike or you’ll be able to fit into my vacuum cleaner. Which is it, Dru?”
Drusilla just laughed, her attention occupied by the dark figure looming over her captor. The tables were about to turn and she’ll soon be free again. She will have her William and this childe…she will be gone forever.
“I’ll do better then that my dear,” The Master sneered, knocking the Buffy unconscious with a hard blow to the head. He rolled her body off Drusilla and helped the insane vampire to her feet. He glared down at the unconscious slayer in disgust. “She wants to know where William is…we’ll take her to him.”
Drusilla laughed rocking back and forth in gleeful anticipation. “A delicious gift for my William. Loves slayer blood he does.”
The Master just frowned as he noticed his newly risen minions being dusted by the other slayers. He cursed inwardly. This was unacceptable. These…children…they were wiping out his brethren! Not only that…but it was too soon for his newly risen brood to be out fighting slayers. Drusilla knew this and took them anyway. He was going to have to punish her dearly for this, but first thing was first. Get the head slayer/vampire back to the lair. He had great plans for her. Scooping Buffy up into his arms, the despot signaled for Drusilla to follow and left his minions to their demise. He’ll just create more later.

The slayers didn’t notice the disappearance of their leader until all the minions were dust floating in the wind. They called and searched, but there was no trace of Buffy. She was simply gone. This was so bad…beyond bad really. Either she was killed, or kidnapped. The last time they had seen her was when she was facing off with Drusilla. Looking at each other, they knew there was no choice. They had to go back to the complex and report the disappearance, before the situation got any worse.

~*~
“Bloody hell!” Spike groaned as he woke up to find himself completely alone for once. He must have slept through the hunting hours. Dru and Bat face had probably gone off without him, most likely perfecting their hunting skills. Making sure no one was watching, Spike slipped the stake out from under his mattress. Yes. Tonight was to be Dru’s last. First he’ll dust his dark queen and then her master. One a mercy killing…no more insane rambling for Dru…the other…revenge. Bat face was going to pay for forcing him to turn Buffy. To that he swore.
“Come Josephine, in my flying machine and it’s up she goes, up she goes,” Dru’s singing drifted into the room, luring him into the dimly lit cavern that The Master had claimed as his throne room. No one could come or go without his knowing…unless the intruder was a spirit guide from The Powers That Suck. Somehow, the all powerful crone could never sense Cordy the few times she visited.
Taking a few more steps into the room, Spike frowned at the sight before him. Drusilla was knelt over someone or something. Spike tried to get a look, but Dru made sure to block his view. Whatever it was, neither Dru nor The Master were eager for him to find out.
“What have we here, pet?” Spike questioned, gripping the hidden stake, ready to take action against his dark princess as soon as possible. The sooner this was over, the better. He had loved Dru for over a century…killing her was going to break his heart…but there was no other choice. It was either Dru or Buffy, and his choice was obviously his slayer…his childe. He forced back the slight ache that the thought of killing Dru caused him and concentrated on what was awaiting him once this whole ordeal was behind him. An eternity with Buffy…his true soul mate. He could never love anyone as much as he loved her. Never.
“My William!” Dru’s singing stopped as she turned her head to gaze at him in pure excitement. Something must have happened to cause this utter happiness. Whatever it was couldn’t be good. Dru was evil and whatever made her this happy was most likely evil as well. “We caught you a prize, my Spike. A nice plump girl, all ready to eat.”
A lead fell into the pit of Spike’s stomach as Dru stepped away to reveal a bound and gagged Buffy. Spike pressed his lips together, blocking out the horrified howl building in his chest. Bloody hell! How did this happen? ! The Powers were supposed to be keeping her safe! Those lousy wankers! Could they not get anything right? All he wanted to do at that moment was kneel next to his mate and comfort her somehow, reassure her that he’ll get them both out the mess the powers had gotten them into. Reassure her of his love and that Dru was soon to be dust; but he couldn’t do that. Doing so would mean sudden death for Buffy and his plan to kill Dru and The Master ruined. The charade must go on…no matter how much he didn’t like it.
Taking Spike’s shocked silence as delight, Dru slinked up to him and ran her pale fingers up his chest and over his shoulders. She pressed against him, unaware of the wooden weapon he held behind his back. “Kill her Spike. Make her dust, the nasty slayer that wanted to take you away from your princess.”
“Yes,” The Master’s red eyes gleamed in malicious glee. He was enjoying this tremendously. He wasn’t exactly planning to let Spike kill the vamped slayer, after all if he could somehow get her in touch with her dark side…she’d be the perfect weapon; but he was willing to let Dru have her fun first. He was never one to deny a good torture. “She’ll make your third slayer.”
Spike shivered at the very thought. It wasn’t too long ago, in the streets of Sunnydale, that had been his fondest wish…but not anymore. Now it was his greatest nightmare and if he couldn’t think of something quick…it was going to become a reality.