Chapter 22

Spike smiled as he heard her splashing in the tub. Then groaned with the images it gave him. “You okay in there, pet?” He stood at the door.

“Yep.”

“Water’s got to be cold by now isn’t it?”

“That’s the thing about faucets and hot water. You can turn it on when you need more.”

“No need to get snarky!” He could hear her laughing to herself. He smiled. “I got some food as requested.”

“I’m coming!” And he heard the water unplug. He grinned and set out the food as he waited for her.

She came out smiling, padding in on bare feet as mist from the bath seemed to follow her. The scent of raspberries trailed with her. After securing a room just outside Salem, they went in search of any place that could be possibly be open so she could get clothes. They found a Wal-Mart. He was dragged in, much to his chagrin. Thankfully, she was quick about it. He made her keep his duster on, not wanting the whole world to see his girls very exposed body. She rolled her eyes at him, but agreed. She had scolded him when they hit the panties section and she had found him fingering some of the lace. She had also turned bright red to the roots of her hair. He had grinned suggestively and stuck his tongue against his front teeth. She walked away from him, shaking her head and muttering something about ‘leering boyfriends’.

It all changed when they hit the clothes section of course. He chose a sweat suit.

“Am I running tomorrow?”

He looked sternly at her, “you’re not wearing anything close to what you’re wearing now.”

She shook her head at him again and proceeded to choose bootleg jeans and a green v-necked sweater.

He looked at the ground. “That works.”

“That’s what I thought.” And then she chose her night wear for the night. Pajama bottoms and a tank. Then, of course, she had to get the necessary toiletries. Spike had a running commentary going on some of the lotions, ointments and medications he found.

She had laughed at him and then took his hand, dragging him to the register. She had announced her need for a hot bath and the fact that she was starving once they returned to their hotel. Spike glared at her for not telling him sooner and she eased his glare by giving him a sweet kiss. He was putty in her hands after that. He went out, searching the town for what was open. He had settled on an Italian restaurant. He had gotten her favorite pasta dish—baked ziti. Then, a couple cokes.

She eyed the food happily. “You the best.”

He laughed and sat down with her to eat a dish of his own.

“I called Giles while I was out,” he told her.

“Is he freaking out?”

“He’s worried about you, but not freaking out. Now that he knows you’re safe, he feels better.”

She nodded, took a bite and then looked at him thoughtfully. “I came to a realization tonight.”

“What’s that luv?”

“That I’m so much better off knowing about vampires and demons. I was so annoyed when Anya took off without telling me where she was going. Even more annoyed when Faith acted as if it were no big deal. I mean for one thing, she has no business leaving a club with a strange man that she just freaking met and for another how could she have known he wasn’t a vampire? She couldn’t have. I was…happy in the fact that I knew better. Even happier that I have the strength to fight them.”

“Do you want to call your mates and find out if they’re okay?”

“I should,” she sighed. “Guess there’s no hiding what I am now to them anymore is there?”

“Or you could just tell her she was too drunk to know what was going on. Play it by ear.”

“I like your logic.”

“Because it so closely resembles yours,” he grinned.

“Well, yeah.” She stood up and stretched, yawning. Spike watched her and thought how very much like a cat she was. The tank lifted showing off her perfect, tight abs and he admired the muscular tone to her body. She was perfect. All female and yet strong. He grabbed her and sank her down on his lap as she let out a little yelp. He nuzzled her neck and buried his face in her hair.

“You’re so bloody beautiful.”

She rubbed her cheek against his head and planted a kiss on the top of his curls. “You’re so bloody gorgeous,” she told him.

He chuckled into her neck, causing her to shiver as his breath tickled her.

“Spike, I’m sorry. Again.”

He looked up at her, “already forgiven.”
She smiled, “yeah, I know, but I’m still sorry. I’ve been so awful to you.”

“Not all the time.”

“Promise you won’t ever give up on me? No matter how awful I am.”

He shook his head and tucked some stray hair behind her ears gently. He looked up at her with so much love in his eyes, she almost had to look away. She forced herself not to, this was her Spike. The love of her life. She wasn’t going to hide from him any longer. He never hid from her.

“Sweetheart, I would never—I could never give up on you. I love you. Always have and always will. You are my mate and my life. I will spend the rest of our lives worshipping and loving you.”

She nodded, words failing her and she kissed him. She stopped too soon for his liking and she looked at him in merriment. “I bought you something!”

He furrowed his brow and held her tighter when she tried to move off him. “Can I just hold you for a while longer?” He asked her.

She nodded. “I love you, Spike.”

He smiled. “Could you say it again?”

“You’ll get tired of hearing it.”

“Never.”

“I love you, Spike.”

“Again.”

She laughed. “I love you.”

“Spike,” he prompted.

“Spike. William. I love you, William.”

He moaned at her words and smothered her in a kiss that left her breathless.


She bought him silk black pajama bottoms while he wasn’t looking. He lay in bed, propped up against the headboard flicking through the TV. She came out from the bathroom and he tried to calm his nerves. What would she do? Sleep in the same bed with him, or take the other bed? He wasn’t planning on sex with her tonight. She needed rest and to put her head together. Sex was an act that would just add to the confusing emotions swirling inside her.

“This Letterman bloke is kind of funny.”

She nodded in agreement and without looking at him, she crawled in next to him and lay her
head on his chest. He smiled contentedly to himself and wrapped his arm around her, kissing the top of her head.

“Do you mind if I sleep here with you?” She asked quietly a bit of trepidation in her voice.

“Do you even have to ask such a silly question?”

She giggled, and kissed his chest. “I guess not.” She cuddled up closer and yawned.

“Do you want me to shut the TV off?”

“No, you don’t have to.”

He flicked it off and burrowed under the covers, dragging her with him.

“Spike, you could have—“

He shushed her by kissing her gently. “You need to rest.”

She yawned. “I know.”

“Would you like me to read to you?”

“What are you going to read? The bible?”

“I happen to know a lot of Byron poems by memory,” he said in mock indignance.

She grinned and snuggled next to him, draping an arm across him and resting her head back
on his chest. “Read to me.”

He began to recite the poems he memorized by her favorite author. By the second poem, she
was fast asleep. He followed her into slumber shortly thereafter.

He awoke to find her watching him with a smile on her face. He smiled back sleepily. “What are you doing?”

“Watching you wake up.”

“What time is it?”

“Noon.”

He shot up in bed, “Noon? What time did you get up?”

“Two hours ago. Slept like a rock.”

“You mean, I actually slept longer than you?”

She nodded. “I called Anya and Faith. They’re okay. We’re going to have a long talk when
we’re home again. Xander was there with them. Weird huh? In some weird way, I played matchmaker. Then I used your car and got some breakfast. I was dying for a French Vanilla Dunkin’ Donuts coffee with extra cream and two sweet n’ lows. And a bacon, egg and cheese on a plain bagel. Then I went grocery shopping so that I wouldn’t have to leave you again today. Oh wait. I do have an appointment later on for a hair thing. That won’t be for long though. Oh, and I did manage to swing by a butcher and got you some blood. It’s in the fridge. There should be enough for a few meals. I didn’t know how hungry you’d be. The guy just asked me point blank if it was for a vampire. I didn’t answer him, but he told me a whole long story about how he used to be in some kind of vampire mafia thing. He kept them supplied and they kept him in good business. Then the leader got dusted by the Slayer and they all left town for greener pastures. Funny huh? I can’t even imagine an Italian vampire. I mean, Italians are all about eating. Must have had a few bodies lying around for guests and made them eat no matter if they were full already. This was a whole long thought process as I tickled your feet until you woke up. I tried not to laugh when you moved them away from me—why are you laughing?”

“Have you taken one breath since you started talking?” Spike burst out through fits of laughter.

She giggled. “I had a lot to say.”

“No shit!”

She laughed, “that’s what happens when I’m left alone for too long. My thoughts go nuts.”

He pulled her against him and wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling her neck.

“I’m sorry I slept so long,” he murmured huskily.

She shivered a bit as he spoke against her neck. “It’s okay. I’m perfectly
capable of amusing myself without getting into trouble.”

He grinned against her neck and kissed it gently. She moved so that she was straddling him and she wrapped her arms around him. He looked up at her, hungry for a real kiss and pulled her down to kiss him. She moaned against him and slid down his lap a bit. She froze and pulled away, staring at him.

“What is it luv?” He asked, leaning in for a kiss that she deftly maneuvered away from. He groaned. “Want a kiss.”

“You’re hard,” she blurted out.

He knew he was hard. It was just something he’d come to expect in the morning. Especially when she shared his bed. Or, just about anytime she was near him. He nodded slowly, unable to guage her feeling about it. He knew she’d felt it before. She’d always dutifully ignored it, not bringing any attention to it and what it meant. Now however, now he could see a flicker of something in her eyes.

Her cheeks flamed red in a second and she sucked her bottom lip into her mouth. She looked up at him through her lashes. “Can I touch it?”

His eyes widened and immediately grew harder at her words and the images it provoked. “Are you—do you—are you sure?”

She nodded. “I’ve never really…seen one up close. And I mean, if it’s going to be in me one day then I want to learn about it first.”

Her words made him shudder and he brought her against his chest and smothered her in a deep kiss. She pulled back breathlessly.

“Was that a yes?”

He nodded, unable to form words. She slid down and moved over his straining erection. She straddled knees and looked up at him. He stared at her hotly, waiting to see what she would do next. He didn’t have to wait long. In an instant she yanked the sheet down and took the pajama bottoms with it. His erection bounced free and she gasped. He watched as she shyly averted her eyes at first and then slowly looked back at it. She cocked her head to one side and stared at it as if she were conducting a science experiment. He was aching for her to touch him, her gaze had him highly aroused and he didn’t want to ejaculate just by her staring at it.

Tentatively, she reached out and touched the head. He jerked and shuddered. She looked up at him and pulled her hand away. “Did I hurt you?”

He shook his head, “no, god no. It felt good, so good,” he told her hoarsely. “Please don’t stop.”

“Just don’t…don’t cum on me okay?”

He nodded and closed his eyes briefly.

She reached out and touched the head again. “Tell me what to do.”

“Stroke it. Stroke it up and down.”

She nodded and wrapped her hand around it. A pearl of precum oozed from the head and she put her thumb on it and swirled it around the head. Spike groaned at her ministrations and bucked his hips. He could smell her arousal, even if she wasn’t aware of it, and he wanted to sink himself into her. He couldn’t though and it was taking all his restraint. Gently she stroked down and then up, watching the veins and the tender flesh ripple. He groaned and his head rolled back against the headboard with a thud. He jerked back to watching her as she yanked it twice, more rough than before.

“Did I hurt you?” She asked softly.

He shook his head.

“Can’t hear you,” she told him.

“N—n—no. Just like that, perfect.” He found speech difficult.

Biting her bottom lip and looking up at him with hooded eyes, she leaned down and flicked her tongue against the head, causing more precum to ooze out.

“Oh, Christ Buffy.” He ground out hoarsely.

She used the pre cum to lubricate him and began to wank him quicker. Then she’d stop and go slow, all the while watching his reaction. He was going crazy. He wanted her to continue and he wanted her to stop. He wanted to cum and he wanted to prolong the pleasure. He wanted to take her and he didn’t want to frighten her. She was in charge this time. It turned him on even more. When she flicked her tongue against him once more, he knew he was at the end.

“I’m gonna cum, baby,” he warned her and quick as a cat she grabbed tissues off the nightstand and watched in fascination as he came into them, globs of cold cum in the tissues.

“I did that?” She asked him in wonder.

Quickly he discarded the tissues, grabbed her by the arms and hauled her up against him. He kissed her deeply, passionately, carnally. Their tongues dueled and she moaned. He buried his hands in her hair and kissed her as if the world were coming to an end. He couldn’t get enough of her, didn’t want to ever get enough of her, wanted her all the time. The need to breathe caused her to break apart from him. Her eyes were dark with lust and he knew his eyes had to match hers. She was breathing heavy and she fell against his chest. He was still naked and becoming aroused yet again, but she didn’t seem to mind.

“Was that a yes?” She asked.

“A thousand times yes, bloody hell yes!” He exclaimed enthusiastically. She giggled against him and the sound and feel went directly to his hardening loins.

“How is it possible that you’re getting hard again?” She asked him, looking up at him.

He smiled and cupped her face in his hands, giving her a sweet lingering kiss. “That’s easy pet. I love you and I want you. I get hard just thinking about you. And, there is something to be said about vampire stamina.”

“Y-you do?”

“Don’t you know yet how much I love you? How bloody gorgeous you are to me? All you have to do is smile at me, whisper to me, just enter a room and I want you.”

“I-I want you too, Spike.”

“I know you do sweetheart. I can smell it, I can see it in your eyes.”

She gulped and kissed him deeply this time. She was pressing against his erection with her jeans and the friction was driving him mad. He flipped her over in one swift movement and hovered above her. Her bee stung lips, her eyes dark with desire, her blond hair splayed across the pillow, her chest heaving…it was a heady mix meant to drive him insane with wanting her.

“I want to taste you,” he whispered.

“Taste me?”

He gently cupped her jean-covered sex in the palm of his hand and she bucked her hips. Understanding registered.

“No one has ever done that before,” she told him, half ashamed and half in fear.

“Look at me, Buffy.”

She met his intent gaze.

“I’m glad no one has. Means I’m first. And last. Means you’re mine, pet.”

She nodded, biting her lip.

He kissed her sweetly, “just relax pet. No worries.”

Since he didn’t figure she’d feel completely at ease being totally naked in front of him just
yet, he left her shirt on as he trailed kisses down her body. He cupped her breasts in his hands and sucked them through her shirt. She arched up into him and her nipples hardened instantly. He left open mouth kisses on her taut belly and quickly undid her jeans as he did. He slowly slid down her jeans and discarded them. He watched her as he worked. She bit her lip and watched intently. When he reached for her panties she started to cross her legs. He stopped her by gently smoothing his hands down her soft skin. God, was there any part of her that wasn’t perfect?

“Don’t ever feel ashamed of your body, pet. You’re a work of art, so bloody perfect. Your body is an altar, my altar, and I want to worship you.” He began to drop kisses on her legs until she relaxed and then he reached for her panties. Slowly he slid them down and inhaled her heady scent.

“Oh baby, you’re driving me insane with wanting you,” he murmured reverently as he nibbled on her belly.

He parted her silky legs and slid a finger along her slit. She gasped and bucked her hips. He looked up at her and found her gazing at him with dazed eyes. He grinned and immediately latched on with his mouth.

He heard her head hit the pillow with a slight thud and let out a noise that was part moan and part gasp.

He smiled against her sex and lapped around her walls. She hissed and looked down at him again. This time, he made his tongue straight and hit her clit directly with the tip.

“Spike,” she gasped and her head rolled back again. He went for it then. He flicked her clit
with his tongue and she began to writhe on the bed with breathy gasps and calls of his name. He took a finger and slowly entered her with it. Her hips bucked and she moaned. He flicked his tongue against her and began a rhythm with his tongue and finger. When she began to clench around his finger, he pulled out and only used his tongue to lap at her.

“Oh my God, Spike!” She screamed softly, her hips undulating, her chest rising, her eyes rolling in the back of her head. She came inside his mouth and it was the most delicious sight he had ever seen and the most pleasurable taste in his mouth. He lapped at her juices and she shuddered again, orgasming once more. He pulled away, knowing how sensitive she must feel by then.

She looked at him and held up her arm in invitation. He rushed up her body, resting next to her and wrapped her in his arms, kissing her hungrily.

“I love you so much,” he whispered as he nibbled on her lips.

“Mmm…I love you too.” She murmured. Then what she did next, surprised him. She grasped his straining erection in her hand and began to wank him off once again.

“God,” he rasped. She gave him a smoldering sexy look, holding him steady with her eyes. He couldn’t tear his gaze away as she wanked him. He couldn’t stop himself from using his finger to find her sensitive spot once again. He pinched the bundle of nerves gently and she gasped as her head fell on his shoulder. He fingered her slowly, building up the pressure and then he almost lost it when he felt her teeth graze his neck.


“Do it,” he said roughly, “do it.”

She found she couldn’t stop herself. She felt she not only wanted to mark him, but taste him
and have him a part of her as well. She needed it, plain and simple. She bit down and was surprised to find her incisors elongate and pierce his skin. His coppery blood spilt on her tongue and she felt a starburst of color explode behind her closed eyes. Along with that was a burst of exquisite energy that she felt was uniquely Spike. She felt him, all of him. His love for her, his soul, his worry, his power, his energy coursing through her. It was all part of her now.

“Mine,” she growled as she retracted her sudden fangs. “You’re mine.” She felt him cum on her fingers and her bite was aching to the point of hurt. “Do it, Spike. Bite me.” She begged.

He bit down and she came instantly. She heard him growl his claim on her and then tended to her by laving the mark with his tongue. He was closing the wound. Something he hadn’t the chance to do before. She could feel the wound close and felt it hum pleasurably under his ministrations.

She felt her own essence combine with his and surge through her. She felt him in her, over her, all around her and she wasn’t in pain. It was exactly how he and Giles said it would be. Erotic, perfect and sweet. She felt their love combine and settle inside her. It was the most peaceful and overwhelming thing she’d ever felt.

She was breathing heavy, trying to reign herself in. He was panting even though he had no need for air. He looked at her with so much love and tenderness in his eyes she almost cried.

“Are you all right?”

She nodded. “More than all right. Perfect. Spike, that was—I didn’t know. Is that what you felt when you claimed me?”

He nodded.

“I can see why you didn’t want to let me go,” she murmured in wonder.

“No, pet. It’s not that I didn’t want to, I can’t.”

She nodded. “I know. I—I felt it too. I felt it all. All that was you inside me.”

“And all that is you is inside me. In my blood, in my heart.”

She nodded, still processing and feeling the after affects of their claims. She just needed to
hold onto him and ground herself, however, the cum on her fingers signaled her attention. She moved away from him and he looked at her in a mixture of shock and hurt.

“I need to wash my hands,” she told him. “They’re kind of, um, sticky.”

He nodded and let her go.

“Pet? What’s this about a hair appointment?”

“I made an appointment while I was out,” she told him over the running water.

“What are you going to do?”

She came out of the bathroom, pajama bottoms now on. Spike lay there under the covers in
all his naked glory. She felt a blush creep into her cheeks despite all they had just done.

She smiled mischievously. “Not sure yet.”

“You know I love how you are already, right?”

She rolled her eyes, “yeah, I know. I just want to do it. You know, a change. Kind of mark the moment.”

He grinned, “which would that be?”

“Dirty boy. The moment where I stopped being so depressed and angry at the world. The
moment where I was honest with you, finally.”

“I’ll stand behind that.”

“And you know my motto: When the going gets tough, the tough color their hair.”

He laughed and reached for her.

“Oh no, forget it. I climb back in there with you and I’ll never leave.”

He pouted and she couldn’t help but melt at that. But, she did not cave. “Stop pouting.”

He tried, but he just pouted some more. When he saw that she was not going to give in, he
rolled out of bed and grinned when she averted her eyes and a blush crept to her cheeks. He kissed
her forehead. “I’m going to shower. Will you be here when I get out?”

She looked at the clock, “no, but I’ll be back later.” She went and grabbed her jeans, then as he was going in the bathroom she stopped him by giving him a kiss. “Love you.”

He smiled, “I’ll never get tired of hearing you say that.”

She smiled back. “It’s rather easy to say.”

“Told you it would be. Love you too.”

She smacked his bottom, “go shower.”

“Frisky little girl are you?”

She waggled her eyebrows, “guess we’ll find out won’t we?”

He groaned and smothered her in a passionate kiss, the desire for her growing again. She
could feel it against her leg. Gently she pushed at him. “You shower. Me, hair.”

He moaned in protest, but listened. When the door closed behind him, she let out a sigh of
contentment and desire. If she hurried out, she could hurry back. Pulling on her jeans, running a
brush quickly through her hair and grabbing her purse, she practically ran to the hair dressers.