Chapter 23
She wanted a different look and a different look she got. Her long hair was cut to just her shoulders with face framing layers and auburn highlights were added to her strawberry blond hair. It created a funkier Buffy It brightened her whole face. She felt like she had a whole new head. She loved it, she hoped Spike did too, but didn't really care if he did. She liked it and that was all that mattered. Right? Goddess, she hoped so. Deciding then and there that she wanted Spike to take her out, she got her make up done. Nothing drastic, but just enough to bring out her eyes.

"You going someplace special tonight, honey?" The hair dresser asked.

"I want to, but my boyfriend doesn't know that yet."

The woman smiled. "Get yourself a nice dress and live it up. He'll be putty in your hands."

Buffy smiled, "that's the plan."

So, she took the woman's advice. She went shopping. She found an absolutely beautiful dress. In pink of all things. It was an empire cut dress, accentuating her bosom and yet at the same time not being slutty. It was a classic look. It was pale pink with darker pink roses embroidered all over it. As soon as Buffy saw it, she fell in love with it. A pair of shoes, and an underwear set later, she was all set. As time went by, she felt the need to be with him increase. Her neck was going crazy. And him, she could feel him inside her, wanting her, calling to her. She was going to have to chat with him about that. Was it a time thing? Was it something they could control? Or was it something that would just be? She didn't feel he was in danger, she just felt that he wanted her with him. Badly. She thought of driving him nuts a little longer, but his blood in her wouldn't let her. She was practically running to get back to the hotel. She had barely walked through the door when Spike assaulted her. He grabbed her in his arms and kissed her hungrily. Her bags went to the floor, forgotten.

"Spike," she gasped as he trailed kisses down her throat.

"I missed you," he murmured.

"Were you—did you use the claim?"
He looked up at her, meeting her eyes. He looked guilty. "A little bit, yeah."

Her eyes widened. "That was a little bit?"

He grinned, "felt it, did you?"

"Like a mac truck!"

He kissed her swollen lips, drawing out her tongue. "Just can't get enough of my girl," he muttered.

She pushed at him and he looked startled and hurt.

"Spike, you didn't even check out my hair! And I bought a dress so that we could go out tonight. And, makeup, I had that done too. Don't smudge it." She pointed at him accusingly.

He stopped, and took her in. She waited patiently for him to say something, anything. His eyes sort of glazed over and he walked closer to her, slowly, and reverently swept his hand through her hair. He smiled as he fingered it gently and then he met her eyes with his own.

"I've always loved your eyes, pet," he told her. "Your hair is like sunshine. Which makes sense because you're my sunshine."

She smiled at him, but couldn't resist. "Your only sunshine? Do I make you happy when skies are gray?"

He shook his head at her antics and then kissed her. "Yes, always."

"I bought a dress. We're going out." She informed him as she picked up her dress from the floor and hung it in the closet.

"So I heard. Does this mean I have to get something to wear?"

She slapped her hand over her forehead. "Crap! I forgot that part!"

Spike chuckled, "'s ok luv. I'll go out and get something." He peered out the window. "Dark enough now."

"I'm sorry, Spike."

"Don't be. Nothing to be sorry for. You go get ready. I'll come back ready okay?"

She nodded, a big smile on her face.

"Kiss?"

She pretended to think about it and then lunged at him, dotting his face with kisses.

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?" He murmured.

"You can tell me again, I don't mind."

He gave her a lopsided grin. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled back and shooed him to the door. "Go. I need to get ready. Oh, I need to call and make reservations. I saw the place I want to go to while I was out."

"Ok, luv. I'll be back soon."



He knew she finally came to terms with his love and devotion to her, but he wondered if she really knew the depth of it. How she saved him, how she weaved herself inside him and took up residence. How he lived for her, or rather unlived for her. He wondered if she knew she had ruined him for anyone else, ever. He didn't think she quite understood how her smile could make the once "Big Bad" weak in the knees, how many times just the sound of her voice, especially after a long hiatus from her, could drive him to distraction. Everything she did drove him to distraction. She was his drug, his blood, and he couldn't ever bear to be apart from her. The idea terrified him.

Now, as she stood before him in her new dress, he felt he could almost weep with the beauty she possessed but did not realize. To say she was perfect was not a strong enough word. She was the One. The only. Forever. If he was possessive or jealous it was only because he knew that he wasn't the only one to see her for who she was. He was so afraid of her leaving him that it sometimes truly did choke him. She was the only thing in his life he'd never been able to do without. The thought terrified him and calmed him at the same time.

It amazed him how she looked at him with such love, desire and happiness. How her eyes lit up when he was near, how she smiled more and how she told him without reservation how she loved him. This gorgeous, beautiful soul loved him. It was intoxicating. It made him want to be better at everything so he could feel one iota worth of her love.

She stood on tiptoes and kissed his slightly hanging open mouth and giggled. The sound was like a chorus of angels. "Spike, you're so handsome. If any girl ever touches you, I'll slay them."

He shook his head, feeling like she had just blessed him. "No one ever will, baby.
Just you."

"Let's go. I'm hungry." She tugged on his hand and he followed. He always followed wherever she led, didn't he?

"So, where are we going, pet?" He asked as she led him through the tangled streets of Marblehead.

"We are going to this restaurant that I discovered today. It looked very interesting. Very…Victorian and quaint and the food sounds out of this world."

"I'm guessing there are no buffalo wings?"

She shook her head and giggled. "Sorry, honey."

He dropped a kiss on the top of her head and stopped suddenly. She looked at him, questioningly. Silently he held out his arm and she beamed at him and took it, slinging her arm through it as he escorted her through the streets. She steered him down one street and pointed at the place. Walking in, it was quaint and homey. It wasn't a large place with everything matching, but rather small and interesting. The tables varied in size and decoration. The seats were like armchairs found in a living room—comfortable. A fireplace was going against one wall which just added to the comforting atmosphere. Soft jazz music played in the background which Spike knew she loved. Fresh flowers bursted out of large vases and the room had an airy, floral smell to it that wasn't overdone. It was just right. They were escorted to a corner table, perfect for the two of them. He noticed her pleasure with the place because she could not stop looking around. She was positively glowing as she took it all in. He smiled fondly at her.

"I love it here," she told him softly.

He smiled, "then we'll come here more often."

She nodded and then picked up the menu. "Oh, wow. Prices are a bit high. That's okay. I got it—"

"I'm paying for my girl," he cut her off.

"Spike, this is the twenty-first century. I invited you out—"

"Buffy, I want to. Please let me pay. I want to."

"Half?"

"No."

"Spike—"

"Don't argue with me, Buffy. I want my girl to enjoy herself."


"And I will." He opened his mouth and she cut him off. "Okay. You can pay." She
smiled mischievously. "I'll make it up to you later." And she hid behind her menu. The image of what she could do to make it up to him made Spike groan.
"Vixen," he told her on a whisper. He could hear her melodic laugh behind the menu and he smiled.


After the dinner plates had been cleared and dessert had been selected, Buffy moved her chair closer to Spike. He grinned and immediately reached for her hand. He kissed the back of her hand, grazing her knuckles. "Having fun, sweetheart?"

She nodded emphatically and swept a hand gently down the side of his face. She looked at him with absolute love in her eyes and Spike felt as if he were floating. "I love
you," she whispered.

"I love you too," he whispered back. "I really want to kiss you."

She grinned and blushed slightly. "Later," she promised. Dessert was placed before them and he reached for a fork. She swatted his hand away and furrowed his brow. She picked a fork up and cut into the chocolate confection. Raising a forkful, she raised it to his mouth. He waggled his eyebrows and opened his mouth, devouring the treat. He watched her mouth part slightly and her pink tongue darted out to lick her lips in anticipation. He groaned at the sight and when she moved the fork away, he snatched it from her and cut a piece for her. He raised the fork to her lips and she cocked an eyebrow, giving him a seductive look. He felt his pants tighten immediately. Focusing on the fork in front of her, her tongue now darted out to lick the syrup dripping from it. Spike could only watch riveted. She swirled her tongue around the fork before enveloping it in her mouth. She closed her eyes and moaned with pleasure a faint smile playing on her lips. He couldn't stop himself from leaning forward and pressing his lips against hers. She let out a silent yelp and his tongue engaged with hers, tasting the dessert inside her mouth. She pulled back covering her mouth with her hand as she swallowed and he could see the red in her cheeks. He swallowed what he had in his mouth and leaned over to whisper in her ear.

"I want to take you right here on this table. I want to spread your delectable body out and drip this chocolate syrup on your heated body and then lick it off you before I make love to you all night long." He flicked her ear with his tongue and found her chest heaving. A familiar, enticing scent filled his nostrils and he became harder. "I think we should get this to go, pet. What do you think?"

She nodded, gulping.

He moved away from her ear and signaled to the waiter across the room. "Check, please."

Spike had to restrain himself from attacking her in the restaurant and he found that she was as aroused as he was. Yet, nervous. When they finally reached outside, he took her by the hand and maneuvered them through the crowd and into a dark alley.

"Spike?" She started.


He broke her off by pushing her against the wall and devouring her mouth with his, all the while grinding himself against her. She moaned and her hands went to the nape of his neck where her fingers caused shivers up and down his spine. She pressed herself closer against him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I want to make love to you pet. Do you want to?"

She nodded.

"Are you sure? I don't want to rush you—" he was broken off by her kiss.

He could have taken her right then and there, but he didn't want her first time to be in an alley. She whimpered slightly when he pushed away and took her hand. "Hotel. Now." She nodded her assent and they practically ran to the hotel.

Once inside the room, she started to worry her bottom lip with her tongue.

"What's wrong pet?" He asked, coming up to her and lightly putting his hands on
her small waist.

"I'm suddenly nervous."

"Do you want to wait?"

She shook her head vehemently. "No, I want to make love with you Spike. I just don't want to disappoint you. I might not be good."

He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her full on the mouth. He put his forehead against hers when he broke apart and stared into her eyes. " "Impossible. You'll be perfect. Remember this morning?"

She blushed and nodded.

"You turned me on more than anyone, ever. You always have. Don't be nervous. Trust me."

"I do trust you. With my life."

He squashed his lips against hers and started to walk her towards the bed. When her knees hit the side, she stopped and pushed at him a bit. He stopped and looked at her in question. She bit her bottom lip and reached behind her to undo her zipper. He caught on and stopped her. Wrapping his arms around her, he reached behind and unzipped her dress, letting it slip from her shoulders. He stepped back as it fell to the floor and he gasped at her beauty. She wore red and pink panties and bra with a pink garter belt and sheer nylons. His lust was going through the roof. He put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer, kissing her with all the lust he felt. She responded in kind and pushed off his suit jacket. She started to paw at his tie and he helped her discard it. She pulled away and stared at him as she undid the buttons to his shirt. He had no need to breathe, but did anyway, and now he was just about panting with his need for her. When his shirt was discarded he pressed her against him, needing to feel her flesh against his.

"God baby, you drive me crazy," he murmured as he trailed kisses along her jawline to her ear and back to her mouth.

"Tell me what to do," she whispered.

"You're doing it" he responded hungrily and pushed her gently on the bed. She kicked off her shoes and lay her head on the pillows. Her hair was like a halo around her and all he stopped and stared at her, spread out before him. She was a vision. She was a Goddess. And he told her so. She looked away from his reverant gaze.

"Look at me, pet," he said, his voice hoarse with lust. She looked up at him and watched as he climbed up the bed to her, a panther crawl. Her eyes were lidded with desire as she watched him move, the muscles rippling in his arms and back. When he was close enough she wrapped her arms around his neck and hungrily brought him to her lips. He laid on her and she did not seem to mind one bit. His hands reached around her back and unsnapped her bra in one fluid motion. Her breasts free, he cupped them gently in his hands and she arched up to his touch, breaking the kiss.

He watched her with unbridled lust. "Don't ever feel that you're not worthy of my love, of my desire. You are a Goddess and I want to worship you."

She looked up at him. "If I'm your Goddess then you are my God, Spike."

He groaned and kissed her, making a path to her throat. He licked at his mark and she moaned pleasurably. He trailed further down and when he came to her breasts he stared at them in awe. Perfection. He took one in his mouth and laved the nipple with his tongue, tasting, probing. She curled her fingers in his hair and whispered his name. He brought his attention to the other and marveled at how responsive she was to his touch. He moved lower and licked her belly button. She bucked against him and when he reached the place he sought, he pulled her panties down slowly. He stared at her body before him and a thousand sonnets and love poems came to mind.

"God, you are so beautiful," he murmured and sank his mouth down on her center. He teased her and she bucked at him, sending the message of what she wanted. He grinned and paid attention to the nub she demanded he pay attention to. She was already wet and the scent was heady, sending his erection even harder which he didn't think was possible.

"Spike!" She called his name on a gasp as she came and he laved at her juices, enjoying the sweetness of her taste.

He stood up then and she looked up at him, panting. "Spike," she said on a gasp. She raised her arms to him. He quickly undid his pants and kicked them away, taking off his shoes and his socks. She eyed him, her eyes dark with desire and passion. She looked up in his eyes. "My Adonis."

He grinned and crawled up to her again, kissing his way up her body. When he reached her lips, she kissed him hungrily. She reached between their bodies and grasped gently onto his manhood. He grunted and thrust his hips closer. She rubbed it up and down as she kissed him.

"I'm going to enter you," he told her finally. His body was demanding completion and the only way it would receive that would be by being inside her. He needed to be inside her, needed to feel her surrounding him. She nodded and held onto his biceps. He positioned himself at her opening and slowly thrust himself inside. He stopped when just the head was inside and watched her face.

"Tell me when it hurts, luv."

She nodded and he pushed further. He could feel the barrier and knew the only way to do it was quickly to spare the pain. He thrust deeper and gasped with how tight and hot she was. God, fit him like a glove. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, not wanting to cum just yet. He also needed to give her time to adjust to him. He looked down at her and found tears in her eyes. She was looking at him as if he were evil.

"Baby, are you all right?" He asked breathlessly.

She shook her head. "I didn't know it was supposed to hurt like this!"

"I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry." He smothered her in a kiss and began to dot her face with kisses. She started to relax a bit and he started to slowly move inside her. She gasped as he withdrew a little then thrust back in. It felt as if she were swallowing him.

"It'll get better, baby, I promise."

She nodded and bit her lip. He started a steady, slow thrusting and she sighed softly, closing her eyes.

He stopped. "Does it still hurt?"

She shook her head, "no, please, don't stop." It would probably kill him if he had to stop. He felt as if he were touching heaven, sliding into warm cream. Their bodies were meant for each other just as their souls were.

He kept his thrusting slow and steady until she wrapped her legs around him and started to move with him. She opened her eyes and met his.

"Spike…" she panted.

"Tell me."

"I…oh god."

He slipped a hand down to her clit and flicked it. Her eyes widened and then she arched against him and moaned. He continued his ministrations and started thrusting faster. He captured her lips and kissed her deeply as he moved.

"God, Spike, I'm gonna…"

"Yes, tell me."

"Bite me, Spike. Bite me now."

He didn't have to be told twice. He bent his head and bit her neck. To his surprise and great delight she bit him at the same time and they exploded together, shouting each other's name.

Sated and spent, he collapsed to the side of her, taking her with him and laving his mark with her tongue as she did the same. He wasn't ready to unsheath himself from her warmth. She was breathy heavy against him and a light sheen of sweat covered her body. She glowed and he couldn't stop himself from running his hands over her smooth skin.

"I love you so much," he said hoarsely.

"I love you too," she murmured and buried her face in the crook of his neck.
"Buffy, look at me."

She looked up at him, her eyes glazed over, her cheeks flushed and hair wild.

"Bloody gorgeous is what you are."

"Aside from the initial pain, if I had known it would be like that, I would have done it a long time ago."

He chuckled and kissed her. "With me I hope."

"Of course," she kissed him.

"You're so bloody perfect. Could stay inside you forever."

"Mmmm, that sounds nice."

He hardened instantly. She looked up at him in surprise.

"Vampire stamina, luv," he grinned as he reminded her. "And, you moaned so sexily."

"Mmmmm….mmmmm…mmmmm."

"Temptress, my temptress." He rolled them so she was on top and he guided her movements. She gasped as she felt him moving inside her and moved so that she straddled him, legs on each side of his hips. He gazed up at her as he moved his hands freely over her stomach, thighs and breasts. "Always loved you. Always will…you're mine. My girl. My Buffy. Love you forever, I will. Can't bear to be without you. Oh yeah baby…god you feel so good. Stay inside you forever. . . we were made for each other, yeah? Yes, made…god, I love you."

"Spike," she moaned and leaned down to kiss him. He flipped her over and thrusted harder into her. He reached down and played with her clit and when her walls started to clench him and she started to come, he joined her in a howl. They rolled over together in a tangle of arms and legs, wrapped around each other unwilling to let the other go.

They made love twice more. As she fell asleep, wrapped in his arms, Spike watched her. He memorized the shape of her eyes, the length of her eyelashes, the roundness of her cheeks, the shape of her nose. He didn't need to breathe, but he could. He matched his to hers and soon he was sleeping with her.

** Just the epilogue left...thank you guys so much for your reviews, I'm so glad you've enjoyed this story :)