Special thanks to my reviewers--you guys rock!! special shout out to CordyKitten and Beth (which just to let you know, I will be using the lyrics you provided me with in the epilogue). I'm glad all of you have been enjoying it and have stuck with me no matter how annoyed you got with Buffy lol.

Chapter Sixteen

Buffy woke up with a smile on her face. She looked beside her and smiled even wider. She'd forgotten what it was like to have someone else in bed with her. Reaching out, she ran a hand down his soft hair and covered him up to his chin.

Eyes, blue ones, popped open. "Auntie Buffy," he said on a whine. Yep, that was Nate all right. Not a morning person. At all.

"You want some breakfast?" She asked him.

"Juice box," he said and sprang up, scooting himself off the
big bed and bounding down the hall.

She laughed and followed him. Finding the remnants of
dinner from the night before, Buffy slightly cringed. Settling

Nate down in the living room with milk instead of the
preferred juice and a pop tart until she could whip up a real breakfast for him, she wondered how Angel was that morning. She was sure he was fine. Even if she had, in essence, dumped him. He'd actually taken it quite well, and to her surprise, hadn't been all that stunned by it. He'd even asked point-blank if it had anything to do with Spike.

"Spike?" She'd asked, dumbfounded. Had he known?

"Yeah, you know, Nate's uncle. The guy that gives me death glares every time I come within a foot of you and Nate. The guy whose handshakes threaten to break my hand. The guy—"

"I'm aware of the guy," Buffy said, waving her hand at him to stop. She stood up and grabbed the bottle of wine from the counter and proceeded to pop the cork under Angel's amused and yet, hurt and watchful eyes.

"What's going on with you two Buffy?" He asked quietly.

"Why are you bringing him into this?" She'd asked, wondering how he came into everything that concerned. . . everything.

"I didn't," he said and she stared at him, bottle in hand. She knew then. She had. All the musings she thought she'd done in private, well, she hadn't.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, defeated. Shoulders slumped, bottle back on the counter she slid back into her chair, stared at her hands.

"You love him," Angel said softly, matter-of-factly.

She didn't say anything. She didn't think it was right to voice something to Angel before she could to Spike. She simply nodded, slowly. Still unsure about the when, the where, how—Spike had had time to come to the conclusion and accept it before telling her, Buffy. . . well, she was a novice. She'd gone from being the best friend to being the romantic lead in the span of a few hours. She knew she did want to be with him, she just wanted to take it slow and develop it before jumping into anything. Sensible Buffy. Her first task had been to break things off with Angel. It was pointless to try and forge something that wasn't there.

"You should tell him. He loves you too."

Buffy looked up at him, surprised again. Not only had she been transparent, but apparently so had Spike. Who else knew for Christ's sake?

"I'm going to go now Buffy," Angel stood, looking uncomfortable all of a sudden. He put his napkin down. "Walk me out?"

She sprang up, silently and walked him to the door, handing him his coat. He turned and smiled at her, pushing a stray hair away from her face. "See you at Nate's next appointment. Take care of yourself Buffy." And he walked out, leaving her shell shocked and uncertain. She'd tried calling the bar and spoken to Lorne. He told her he'd left early and then abruptly hung up. Needing to gather her own thoughts together, she decided to wait until morning before she made any decisions.

So, now, here she was. She needed to speak with him, that much was obvious. And what she wanted—and needed to tell him? That she loved him too and she wanted to give them a chance. First things first. She had to call Willow and find out if it she could just watch Nate for a couple hours while she spoke to Spike.

"Hello?"

"Wills? Hi, it's me, Buffy."

"Hey Buffy how are you? What's up?"

"I uh, well, a lot actually."

"Oh? Do tell."

"Um, I would love to, but before I can really tell you much of
anything there's something I need to take care of. Do you think you could watch Nate for just a couple hours?"

"Are you all right? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just need to talk to Spike for a little bit. Alone."

"Awww…the Spike I hear so much about."

Apparently, she'd had been talking about him a lot.

"Yeah. Is that okay? Can you watch him?"

"Uh. . . yeah, it's just, well, my um, friend is here."

"Oh, that's no trouble at all. Unless you have plans?"

"No, we don't. I mean, I can watch him, you don't mind if she comes with me do you?"

"Not at all! Do you want me to bring him there? Would that be easier?"

"Actually, yeah, that'd be great. Thanks."

"No, thank YOU. We'll be over in a couple hours. I just need to make him a decent breakfast. The poor kid gets cereal and pop tarts during the week."

Willow laughed, "I understand. We'll be waiting."

"Thanks."


Two hours later Buffy finally had Nate fed, clothed, washed and ready to go. The kid was dangerous with maple syrup and Buffy found a bath was in order after breakfast. By the time she fought him to get dressed, Buffy was worn out and needed a nap herself. When she pulled up to Willow's, Nate
was fast asleep. Carefully she carried him to the door all the while lugging his diaper bag with her.
Willow opened the door with a big smile and then noticed Nate was sleeping and whispered a small "Hi."

"Hi. He fell asleep in the car on the way over. We had a busy morning. And it was just breakfast."

Willow giggled, "they can be that way sometimes."

"I'm seeing that," Buffy chuckled.

"Oh, is the little tyke—Buffy!"

Buffy recognized that familiar face and did a double take when she saw Tara standing just behind Willow. She wasn't quite sure what she should say or do at that point and decided to let Tara be her guide. The pieces had all fallen into
place now. Willow was the girlfriend that feared her business would be ruined if everyone knew she was gay. Buffy's heart went out to her. Someone as wonderful as Willow shouldn't have to worry about something like that.

"You know each other?" Willow asked as she ushered Buffy in.

"She waits on me at The Watering Hole," Tara explained, darting a glance at Buffy that could only be read as ‘please don't say anything'.

"Oh really? Geez, I really need to start eating there. You love the place, the elusive Spike owns it. I need to get out more."

Buffy giggled and settled Nate down on the extra crib Willow had set up. The woman had extra everything from the daycare and from all her days babysitting. Nate stirred just a little and then rolled over on his tummy.

Buffy pressed a kiss on his head with her hand. "Come down some night. Let me know when you guys want to come and I'll make reservations. I'll even wait on you." She told Willow as they left Nate in the extra room.

"That would be really nice. We could dress up, have a night out—" Willow stopped. "Because sometimes you need a girl's night," she said nervously, darting a glance at Tara.

Buffy saw the hurt look on Tara's face and decided to jump in no matter what she told herself about getting involved.

"Or sometimes you just need to go out with the one you love," she said as diplomatically as she could and stole a
cautious glance at Willow, who was doing a perfect impression of a guppy.

"It's okay Wills," Buffy assured her.

"How do you--?"

Buffy shrugged, "I'm intuitive that way." Unless it comes to my own life, she added to herself. "It's really no big deal."
Willow was blushing. "I just don't want anyone at work to know. . . I don't want to lose my business. I know some of those parents, some of them aren't as open minded as some. It's not that I want to live my life in the closet, but I just have to be careful. You understand?"

Buffy nodded vigorously, "I do, but at the same time, you have to do what's right for you."
Willow nodded, looking down. "I know."

"So if you wanted to take Tara out for dinner, no one has to be the wiser."

Willow grinned and took Tara's hand in hers, staring at the girl with complete love in her eyes. "Absolutely."

Tara beamed back at her and Buffy decided it was a good time to leave. "I'll be by in a couple hours. Thanks guys."

"Welcome Buffy. Take your time. If you uh, get held up just let us know. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink."
Buffy couldn't help but laugh at Willow's non subtlety and slipped out the door.

Arriving at the restaurant, Buffy's stomach chose that moment to be full of butterflies. Her throat suddenly felt dry and she was starting to ring her hands. Taking a deep breath, she made herself go inside. She stopped just in the doorway and looked around. She didn't see Spike anywhere, but that didn't mean anything. She went up to Andrew behind the bar.

"Hey, Andrew."

"Hi Buffy! How are you today?"

"I'm great, thanks. Is Spike here?"

Andrew broke out into a wide grin. "He's not. He's getting his poor heart mended."

"Excuse me?" Buffy asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Cordelia saw the error of her ways last night and took him home."

Buffy blinked, "excuse me?"

"Oh you know those two have had something going on for months now! Well, she finally saw the light last night and took him home to make him all better." Buffy swallowed, her throat drier than the Saharra. Her heart was thudding out of her chest and she suddenly felt as if she couldn't breathe.

"She took him home?" She chirped.

Andrew nodded vigorously. "Yep! I'm sure they're all better now."

Tears pricked her eyes and she stood there, still. She stared at a spot over the bar, fixated on it. Then, "I'm going to fucking kill him," came out her mouth.


Chapter Seventeen


"I warned Cordelia that you'd claw her eyes out for hurting him!" Andrew exclaimed. Then softened, "Buffy, it's okay. He's all right now. She's making amends now. That's all that matters."

All Buffy could do was stare at him speechless. She was still trying to wrap her mind around what Andrew was telling her, trying to make sense of it. Was it true? Had she been the butt of some cruel joke? How could Spike do that to her? No, he wouldn't—would he?

"Buffy there you are! Whew, thank God." Cordelia.

Buffy spun around and faced the woman that was ‘making amends' with HER Spike. "What the hell is going on? What happened to Spike last night?" Buffy demanded.

"He got drunk," Cordelia rolled her eyes, "or as he kept saying ‘pissed.'"

"I just told Buffy you took him home to make him all better.
She was not happy that you upset him Cordelia Chase!" Andrew butted in.

"Andrew, I love you to pieces, but shut up please," Buffy told him.

"Fine," Andrew pouted and scuttled off.


Buffy pointed at Cordelia, "you brought him home? Which home would that be exactly?"

Cordelia looked at her as if she'd grown three heads, "mine of course."

"You brought—what is going on?!"

"Would you stop screaming? You're going to scare everyone away."

"I don't care! I want to know what's going on Cordelia. What's all this stuff about you mending the heart you broke. . . Are you and. . . Are you and Spike. . . together?"

"As if! Not only would I never go out with him, but his heart belongs to another."

Buffy's lower lip trembled, "who?" She asked meekly.

"Don't you know?"

"I don't think I know much of anything anymore."

"Do you love him Buffy?"

"Yes," a tear trickled out.

Cordelia smiled broadly. "It's about friggen time!"

Buffy stared at her. "What?"

"How did it feel to know that he possibly could have been doing the deed with me last night? Be honest."

"It felt as if someone had reached in and ripped my heart out."

"Then you have an idea of what Spike felt like thinking you
and Angel did the deed last night. Which, did you?"

"Cordy!"

"I'm helping you here. Tell me."

Giving her a look, Buffy confessed. "No. I couldn't do it," she said in a small voice.

"Because?"

Buffy glared at her, "because I love him."

"And you didn't tell him that when he told you, did he?"

"Cordy, what are you? Dr. Phil?"

"For the record, I did tell him that springing it on you the way he did was way wrong. I've been pushing the boy for months to say something to you, and when does he decide to do it? Just before you decide to go ‘all the way' with Angel. Pity you didn't do it. I would have liked to know if I was missing something."

"You knew this whole time about Spike?" She needed to sit. Slumping into the bar stool, Buffy reached for a bottle. She didn't care what it was, she just needed to calm her up and down nerves.

"Of course I knew. I've known since High School. Pretty much everyone knew since then except for you two."

"Why didn't you give me a heads up at least?"

"Not for me to do. It had to be Spike."

Buffy swigged down something hard and strong. "Blech. You're right."

"I know," Cordy said on a sigh. "And I only took him home to my place last night—where he spent the night on the couch FULLY dressed—because I was hoping you'd come to your senses if you thought he and I were. . . intimate."

"I came to my senses before that thank you. I was ready to kill him!"

"You still can. For me. Drunk Spike. . . " She shuddered. "Let me just say that you need never worry about him being unfaithful. All I heard last night was how ‘bloody' wonderful you were and that kiss you shared—you did share a kiss didn't you?"

Buffy nodded, smiling. No, beaming.

"I have to say Buffy, I'm envious. I wish I had a guy that loved me as much as Spike loves you."

"You will, Cordy. Where is he now?"

"His home now. I sent him away. He's got a massive hangover and he doesn't plan on coming in today so if you wanted to drop by on your day off and nurse him back to health, I think he'd like that."

"He's not mad at me?" Buffy asked sheepishly.

"Mad? No. Scared? Yes. He's so afraid that you slept with Angel last night. I think his hangover will be relieved ten tons by knowing you didn't."

Buffy placed the bottle back on the counter and hugged Cordy. "Thanks for the help Cordy. And thank you for taking care of Spike."

"Yeah, it won't be happening again."
Buffy smiled and started for the door. "Hopefully not."

Making her way to Spike's apartment door, Buffy hesitated with her hand over the door. That would not help his head. Or his mood. Spike with a hungover was not pretty. She tried the door and it opened. She frowned. She'd have to talk to him about that.

"Spike?" She called out, trying not to be too loud.

No answer.

"Spike?"

"Buffy?"

"Yeah, it's me."

Suddenly Spike appeared before her in navy blue
sweatpants and no shirt. He looked a mess, but a cute mess.
HER mess. His hair was spiked in all different directions, he
looked exhausted and in pain. She couldn't stop herself from
going up to him and wrapping her arms around him.

"Buffy?" He asked softly.

She pulled back and ran a hand through his hair. She finally met his eyes and found him staring at her blankly. "What's going on? Am I dreaming?"

She shook her head. "Nope. I've come to take care of you."

He grimaced, "you heard."

She nodded.

He pushed her away then. "No. Don't you have things to do with Angel? Post morning bliss and all—"

"I didn't do it Spike. I didn't have sex with Angel."

He blinked. "Y—you didn't?"

She shook her head.

"Why?" He whispered.

"Because I love somebody else and I don't want to just have sex, I want to make love," she told him, using his words.

He shook his head as if he were in a fog. "Are you saying that--?"

"Yes."

"And you're not with—"

"No."

"And you're with--?"

"Yes. If you still want me."

"Want you? Are you kidding me? I've never wanted anything more." He grabbed her and pulled her against him, smothering her in a kiss that left her breathless. He pulled back and regarded her quizzically. "Why do you taste like whiskey?"

Buffy started to laugh.


Chapter Eighteen

Spike turned over on his side and immediately reached for Buffy. Only to find the spot she had been occupying in his bed empty. He shot up in bed.

"Buffy?" He called out. He hadn't dreamt that she had been there, had she? She had really come to him and said—well, in so many words—that she loved him, right? "Buffy!" He called out again, this time louder.

"Coming!" He heard her call back.

He grinned to himself, "not yet, but you will soon," he murmured and started to get out of bed.

"Nope, stay there. How's your head?" She came into the room carrying a tray of what appeared to be tea, coffee and Tylenol. He grinned at her and sat up against the headboard.

"Good kitten, I'm feeling much better. Got a little nervous when I woke up and you weren't here. Thought maybe I imagined the whole thing," he took his cup and looked up at her over the mug. He was nervous, waiting for a reply, a confirmation that she was still with him.

She smiled at him. "You didn't imagine it. I just had to call Willow and see if she could keep Nate just a little while longer. You slept forever."

He put his mug down and moved the tray out of his way, pulling Buffy to him. "Kiss. Lot of kissing time to make up." He curled his tongue behind his front teeth, "among other things."

Buffy rolled her eyes, "is this what Anya had to put up with?"

"You're kidding right?"
"Good point. She's just as bad."

"Tell me honestly pet. Were you jealous?"

"Of Anya?"

Spike nodded.

She cocked her head to the side thoughtfully. "Not at first. I was jealous in the way that maybe she'd take my best friend away from me."

"Never," he told her and began to nuzzle her neck.

"Then I was okay until I let her get to me and made me put distance between us—well, you know that part. Then I was really jealous when you told me how soon you had sex with her."

He pulled back, "I knew it!"

She gave him a withering look. "No you didn't."

He shrugged, "okay, I had an idea at least."

She smiled. "When did you know?"

"That I loved you?" He swept some hair away from her face and gazed at her adoringly. "Oh, I'd say I always knew on some level. I'd always put you up on some kind of pedestal, Buffy."

"You shouldn't do that. I'm human. And, I'm afraid of heights."

He grinned. "yeah, but up there I can see up your skirt."
She hit him on the chest playfully and he laughed, bringing her down for a kiss. "You saved me when I moved here. You were my first friend and you made me feel welcome and be welcomed. I never forgot that Buffy. And no, it wasn't just gratitude. You were always a bit of a mystery to me. When we were in high school, before your mum died—sorry pet—as close as we were, there was always a part of you that was held back. And it wasn't just from me, it was from everyone. I knew then that I wanted to be the one to know all your secrets, all the things that made you Buffy. I wanted the right to know everything and in that way, be YOUR everything, the way you were mine."
"That was beautiful, William," Buffy told him with a teary voice.
He smiled tenderly at her, "it's all true." And he leaned in and kissed her sweetly and gently, letting the passion between them build naturally.

She pulled back just as his hands started to wander up her shirt.

"Am I going too far?" He asked, trying to reign in his raging libido. He'd wanted her for so long it seemed and now that she was here, he just wanted. . . well, he just wanted to
make her his. Forever.

"No, well. . . I want to, I do. I just. . . Nate. I do have to see him at some point. I left him at Willow's for what was supposed to be a couple hours. Now it's turned into four. I really need to get him."

"I understand pet."

"Do you?"

"Bloody Hell woman! Of course I do. I'll come with you."

"You don't have to—"

"Hey now, none of that. We're a family, remember?"

She smiled. "I remember."

"Come on, let's go get the little guy."

Buffy filled Spike in on Tara and Willow on the way over and made him swear not to let on that he knew anything and to keep his big mouth shut. She laughed when he pouted at that. A second later, he reached over and took her hand in his and kissed the back of it, staring at her adoringly. She grinned back at him, feeling her heart thudding in her chest. She wasn't used to so much attention. She also wasn't used to feeling so much love coming from anyone before. It made her feel whole, something Buffy had never felt before. This time, she had the flash of them. She saw siblings for Nate, a big family with Thanksgiving dinner and tons of Christmas presents under a large tree.
Nate was thrilled to see them and after giving Buffy a big hug, he reached his little body over to Spike's for his hug from him. Spike automatically took the tot in his arms and beamed at him as Nate said "Spike, Spike."

"I don't think I ever actually heard him say my name before." If Buffy wasn't mistaken, Spike looked almost teary. "I think I need to buy him something now. Whaddya say Nate? How bout a shiny new bike?"

Buffy, Willow and Tara giggled. "He doesn't ride a bike yet, Spike," Buffy informed him.

"Well, I could get him one of those toy car things. Teach him
how to ride it around the yard."

Buffy shook her head and smiled at the girls. "He's got him wrapped. The kids going to have a car by the time he's ten."

"Hey, I heard that!"


The three of them spent the day together, having lunch, going to the park-swinging on swings, going down the slide,
and as promised, buying Nate a toy car. By the time dinner was over, Buffy was wiped.

"Pet, why don't you take a hot bath and relax. I'll put Nate down."

"Are you—"

He shot her a look.

"Right. Sorry. I have to get used to it."

"You better. When we have a house full of kids, I don't expect you to have to do everything," he told her absently as he cleaned up Nate's tray. Buffy stopped on her way to the bedroom and turned around to see a nervous Spike, apparently having just realized what he let slip.

She smiled, "I should hope not." And when she saw him visibly relax and beam at her, she walked away.

She went rummaging through her closet and drawers as soon as she entered the bedroom and shut the door behind her. She made sure to first flip on the faucet to the tub. She didn't want the fact that she was tired to stop her from being with Spike. If she did that, they'd never be together. She was a ‘mom' now, she was always going to be tired. But, taking a bath was a brilliant idea and just the idea rejuvenated her. Fishing around, she finally found a black silk nightie that was cut mid thigh and had lace all around its edges. She found a matching silk robe and a black thong. Rushing into the bathroom, she poured half a bottle of bubble bath in the tub and proceeded to find every bottle she could that smelt pretty and would make her skin the softest in the world.
She wasn't sure how long she was in there, but at some point Spike had called to her in the bathroom and let her know Nate was asleep. Lathering up with lotion and running a brush through her hair, she took a deep breath and made her way out of the bathroom. She gasped when she saw what Spike had been busy doing aside from getting Nate to sleep. He had lit the room with candles and put fresh flowers—no doubt picked from the neighboor's yard in a vase next to the
bed, and, for added measure, sprinkled the bed with petals.

Spike stood before her in black silk pajama bottoms. His jaw was on the floor.

"Spike it's beautiful in here."

" This? Luv, have you seen you? You're bloody perfect."

She felt a blush coming on. She stared at his naked chest, trying to look him in the eye. "You're pretty."

"Hey!"

"Right, not pretty. Handsome. Sexy. Better?"
He reached out and pulled her against him, letting her feel how better it was. He smothered her in a kiss that turned her knees to jelly and sent her body ablaze.

"I want to make love to you. Do you want to? I mean, are you too tired because if you are, I can just hold you—"

"Spike, I NEVER wear this. And I wouldn't wear it just because. I wore it for you. Because I want to."

He nodded and leaned in again. This time as he kissed her,
he scooped her in his arms and brought her to the bed, laying her down upon it. She gazed up at him, watched how the candles light lit up his skin in a kind of golden color. He looked like a God. She realized she must have spoken the though out loud because the sheer force of the adoration and love
shining in his eyes made her want to melt into the bed.

"Say it Buffy," he requested softly.

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you."

"And you're mine? Forever?"

"Forever yours."

"And I'm forever yours."

She smiled broadly and pulled him down to her so that his body was flush against hers.

"I want to feel your skin," he muttered and began to move the robe off her shoulders, kissing each part of her skin became exposed. Running her hands through his hair, she took delight in his curls springing free. Sitting up, she helped him in discarding her nighty and Spike reverently ran his hand all over her silken body, taking delight in the goose bumps left in the wake of his hands. "So beautiful. Gorgeous. I love you, every part of you."

She started to feel a tad uncomfortable when he started for her panties.

"What is it?" He asked hoarsely.

"No one's ever. It's just that. . . "

He grinned, "don't worry, kitten. Make it good for you I will." And with that, he slid her thong down, leaning in and kissing her sex as he discarded her thong somewhere on the floor. He opened her legs for him, gliding his hands along her thighs, teasing her with his fingers. He flicked his tongue against her sweet spot and she gasped at the feeling. It felt so good!

"So tasty, pet," he groaned. "Like a sweet peach."

"More."

He chuckled and slowly slid a finger inside her as he ran his tongue up and down her slit before settling on the spot she wanted him to settle on so bad. As his tongue worked its magic and left her a trembling, quivering ball of satisfaction and need for MORE, she found herself becoming increasingly more and more jealous of Anya. When she came the second time in his mouth, she pulled lightly on his hair, wanting his body against hers, wanting him inside her, over her, all around her. As he kissed her and she could taste herself on his lips, she reached between them and lightly grasped his engorged manhood, guiding it to her entrance. He gazed at her, his eyes nearly black with lust and need as he slid inside. His eyes closed and he grunted before lavishing her face with kisses and nuzzling her neck.

"You fit inside me so perfectly," she whispered as she started to move under him, causing him to grunt and then groan.

"Was there ever any doubt we were made for each other,
luv?" He whispered back and began to thrust inside her.

She shook her head, feeling that familiar tingling feeling start in her belly. Spike leaned in and kissed the breath out of her as he moved.

"I love you," he gasped.

"I love you," she gasped back and soon they were crying out softly their release. Spike fell against her, wrapping her in his arms and pulling her against him as they lay, side by side, limbs entwined. He brushed her hair away from her face and gazed at her, a soft smile playing across his lips.

"You complete me," he told her.

She kissed him and then started to erupt in laughter.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing if you're Dr. Evil and I'm Mini Me. ‘You complete me.'"

Spike started to laugh and then when she moved against him JUST RIGHT, he growled and toppled her, effectively stopping all laughter for at least an hour.

Epilogue

Epilogue

"Did you know this would happen one day?" Buffy asked Spike as he twirled her around the dance floor.

All of this time
Guess I must have been blind
Not to see you and me
We're picture perfect
Now baby we've been friends
For such a long, long time
We've been through lessons and we've been through cries
But lately have you seen
The way my tongue gets tied
Can't hardly speak when I look into your eyes
It's because of the way I'm feelin'
It's somethin' I never dreamed
And our love has a different meaning
It took so long to reveal but now I know that

He grinned at his bride and kissed her quickly. "Yeah, actually. When I started to figure out how much I loved you, I saw us together. Like a movie in my head you know? I saw us with a family. Did you ever think it would?"
She smiled, "I had the same kind of vision."
"Well, whaddya know?" And he leaned in to kiss his bride once more.

All of this time, guess I must have been blind
Not to see you and me we're picture perfect I'll be yours, be mine
We're picture perfect
Forever picture perfect


I showed some friends of mine
My favorite photograph
You know the one of you and me from way back
And when I told them all
That you were not my guy
They couldn't see it, couldn't understand why
Everyone thinks it's so romantic
They say we're two of a kind
And the more that I think about it
The more that I realize what I've been missing

Buffy glanced over to see Angel and Cordy talking and laughing. "I'm glad I was able play matchmaker as much as she was," Buffy told Spike gesturing towards the couple. "Plus, the girl was incredibly helpful as my maid of honor. She was my wedding planner practically."
He smiled fondly at the couple, "you know I don't mind him so much now."
Buffy rolled her eyes, "gee, I wonder why."
Spike chuckled, "because I got the girl."
"You always had the girl. The girl was just being dumb."
His eyes took on a tender glow and he held her tighter against him. "Seems Willow and Tara are happy too."
"They are. Willow wants to get married next year."
Spike shook his head. "You just get the scoop all the time, don't you?"


All of this time, guess I must have been blind
Not to see you and me we're picture perfect
I'll be yours, be mine
We're picture perfect
Forever picture perfect

My heart keeps tellin' me
Make up your mind about whatcha mean
You've been holding back for too long
You know it makes good sense
Best of lovers are the best of friends

"Did I tell you that I saw Anya the other day?" Spike told her.
Buffy froze. "Oh?"
"Nothing bad sweetheart. She asked me how everything was. I told her that you and I were getting married today. She said, and I quote ‘it's about friggen time!'."
Buffy's eyes widened. "Really?"
Spike nodded. "She's getting married. She met some bloke when she decided not to come to my restaurant anymore. His name is Xander Harris and he's an architect. She seems pretty happy."
"I'm happy for her. But I'm happier for me."
"Me too."

I guess we should have known all along
Everyone thinks it's so romantic
They say we're two of a kind
And the more that I think about it
The more that I realize what I've been missing

It was at that moment that Nate decided to sprint across the room and tug on Buffy's dress. "Auntie!" He called to her and held up his arms.
Spike and Buff started to laugh and Spike leaned over and tossed the toddler up and placed him on his hip as he brought Buffy back into his arms with one arm. Nate giggled and leaned over to receive a kiss from Buffy. He then wrapped his arms around Spike's neck and they continued their dance.
"Remember that family you saw?" Buffy asked Spike softly.
He smiled dreamily and nodded. "It's right here ain't it."
"Part of it is," she took his hand and placed it over her belly. "The rest is in here."
Spike's face change from one of shock, with his jaw dropping, to sheer and ecstatic joy as he let out a whoop and hugged Spike and Buffy to him.


Faith smiled down upon the heart-warming scene and looked over at her Joyce who hugged her.
"Good job," Joyce told her.
"Thanks. I always knew I had it in me."
Joyce grinned, "they just needed a little ‘faith' huh?"
"With one part fate and one part family."
Joyce and Faith grinned at each other before turning back to watch the happy couple—plus one—celebrate their wedding day.


All of this time, guess I must have been blind
Not to see you and me we're picture perfect
I'll be yours, be mine
We're picture perfect
Forever picture perfect


** Thank you to all my reviewers!! You guys were great and it was so much fun to share this with you. I hope this story was fun for you to read as it was for me to write! :)
**Lyrics by Angela Via (thank you Beth)