Chapter Two: Bargaining…All over again (Part II)

Dawn knelt before Buffys grave. If she’d have known this is what Buffy was going to have to live through over again, she wouldn’t have come back this far. Then again Buffy wouldn’t know she was reliving it. That was Dawns job. To change things. She looked up to Spikes eyes. She wondered if vampires could get older, because right now, he looked tired and weary and. he met her eyes and stormed off back in the direction to where he had left the bike. She could tell he was angry, but she couldn’t tell him Buffy was alive, he probably thought someone or something stole her body. And that’s how they found out their town was vulnerable. She wasn’t supposed to know Buffy was alive yet. She had to play it cool.

“Let’s go” Spike ground out through clenched teeth.

They were too late. Buffy had already climbed her way out. Dawn tried to remember where the next place it was that she had seen Buffy.
Oh god! Not the tower. She stood up and looked for Spike; he was waiting near the bike with his back turned to her. So she took her chances and ran off in the direction of the tower.

Spike started the engine and looked back to where Dawn had just been kneeling. She wasn’t there and he searched frantically around for her. “Dawn!?” he called out “Lil Bit?!” he yelled again. But the only answer he got was his own echo.

_____________________________________________________________

Buffy fell silent as the scoobies looked at her waiting for an answer. Her mouth fell open as a thought hit her.
“Oh God, Dawn!” she groaned and took off running down the ally.
Her friends called after her but she kept running. She turned a corner and a demon came at her. She ducked its blow and punched it in the stomach. She kneed him in the groin and grabbed his shoulders throwing him against the ally wall. A piece of metal impaled him as he hit it.
“Ew” she said. She took a couple more steps and looked up. There it was, the hideous thing she’d tried to forget after all that time. She began to run towards it when she heard someone in the distance and stopped dead in her tracks.

“Buffy! Don’t!”

_____________________________________________________________

Andrew sat back in his chair. Jonathon had given up on wanting to play cards and Warren slouched in his chair, obviously bored. Andrew was trying to put the pieces together. He remembered there being candles lit in Dawns room and he leaned in closer to Jonathon.

“Can you use magic to go back in time?” he asked Jonathon pointedly.

Jonathon shrugged “I guess, I don’t know for sure, you can use magic to create an alternate universe, so I’d think there’d be a spell for time travel.” He answered, not fully understanding his friends weirder than normal behavior.

“How do you know you can use magic to make an alternate universe?” Andrew asked interested.

Jonathon’s face got red with embarrassment “Just something I heard once” he lied.

There was an awkward silence between the three friends. Warren was the first to break it.
“So you guys wanna team up and take over Sunnydale?” he asked nonchalantly.

Andrew and Jonathon shrugged. “Sure” they said in unison.

“Wait NO!” Andrew yelled. Warren shot him a glare “I mean, um, that sounds boring” he covered.

“Money, power, women, these are boring things to you?” Warren asked with a raised eyebrow.

Andrew glared at him. Yep, Warren really was a bad guy. Badder than he could ever be. “Maybe”

Warren rolled his eyes “There’s something seriously wrong with you man”

“Yea cause killing people is so right” Andrew shot back, each word dripping with sarcasm and anger.

Jonathon stared at him mouth agape.

“Who said anything about killing anyone?” Warren asked suspiciously

“So that wasn’t part of your plan then?” Andrew asked coldly

“Dude, you’re psycho” Warren told him

“Were you planning on killing someone?” Jonathon asked, desperate to hear a yes or no.

“No” Warren lied, unable to look them in the eyes when he said it

“So the slayer isn’t a person then?” Andrew asked glaring at him

“You were gonna kill Buffy?” Jonathon asked wide-eyed.

Warren rolled his eyes

Jonathon glared at him “You were really gonna try and kill Buffy?!”

Andrew stood up from his seat and tugged at Jonathon’s arm.
“Come on”

Jonathon shot one last unbelieving stare at Warren and stood up to follow Andrew out of the lair. They started walking down the street, each lost in their own thoughts when Andrew suddenly stopped, making Jonathon run right into his back.
“Hey what are you-“ his voice trailed off as he stared at the scene just a few blocks away from them. There was fire everywhere and demons were heading out of town. Jonathon hid a little more behind Andrew watching the commotion nervously. Andrew started walking again
“Where are we going?” Jonathon whispered loudly

Andrew glanced at Jonathon behind his shoulder and smiled.
“Where we belong”
_____________________________________________________________

“Buffy! Don’t!” Dawn called out to her sister pleadingly. She was glad she’d made it before Buffy had actually climbed the tower.
Buffy had stopped so Dawn slowed to a jog. She stopped next to her panting and trying to regain her breath. Her body wasn’t used to this much exertion, she was going to have to train sooner than later if she wanted to be the way she was before she came back in time.

“You ok?” Buffy asked, breaking Dawns train of thought.

Dawns head snapped up. This wasn’t how Buffy had acted the first time. She met her sisters eyes “Buffy?”

Buffy put her hands on her hips and smirked “You mind telling me what the hell is going on?”

_____________________________________________________________


“Do you think she’s ok?” Xander asked the group as they walked back to Buffys house.

“She…She just needs some time” Willow told them

“What was wrong with her hair?” Anya asked

Xander shot her a look “Ahn!” he said warningly

“What?!” Anya whined “It was all dirty, and her hands-“ she added with a shudder. “To the looks of it, I’d say she climbed out of her own coffin”

The group gasped in horror and recognition.

“Crap!” Xander muttered “Our spell. Our resurrection spell worked like a magic charm. We brought Buffy back” He looks to Willow “Right where we left her” he said grimly

Willow and Tara held each other in shock

“But, she-she seemed ok” Tara said trying to reassure the group.

They started walking again.

“You think we should’ve followed her?” Anya asked worriedly

They all were lost in thought

“At least the demons are leaving” Anya piped up. “That means we won right?”

Willow clutched her stomach in pain. She’d been walking too much.
“Guys, I really need to- to sit down”

Tara stopped and set Willow down at a nearby curb.
Willow sat breathing unevenly as the group looked at her with worry.
Tara sat next to her running her hands in little circles on Willows back.
“You ok sweetie?” she asked concerned

“I’ll be fine in a minute” Willow said

_____________________________________________________________

“How’d you-“

“Were you even gonna tell me?” Buffy demanded “You were just gonna leave without a word? What if I’d come home and you had already left? Then what?” Buffy ranted angrily

Dawn hung her head in shame

“Can you at least tell me how we got here, and when here is?” Buffy asked, her voice calmer

“I’m still the key I guess, my blood still does stuff… and it was in a prophecy” she mumbled the last part

Buffy narrowed her eyes and they started walking “A huh was in a whaty?”

“I can show you” Dawn piped up, but her excitement faded and her face grew somber “Wait, Giles is already gone”

“Giles knows?” Buffy asked shocked

Dawn shook her head.
“No, but her probably owns the book”

“There’s a book?” Buffy asked completely lost

Dawn avoided eye contact.

“What?!” Buffy asked

“I don’t think I can look at you with a straight face when your hair looks like that” Dawn pointed out giggling

Buffys hand went up to her hair and she groaned “Is it that bad?” she asked

Dawn noticed Buffys bleeding knuckles and her expression turned grim “Did you have to-“ she trailed off pointing to Buffys hands

Buffy looked at her hand realizing what Dawn was meaning.
“Oh! No, a world of no” she assured her sister

Dawn was visibly relieved “Good” she said.

They stopped walking and looked up at the house their feet had led them to blindly.

They glanced at each other and smiled.


_________________________________________________
A/N: Spuffy coming soon!
Please R&R