*A.N: Some may hate me, others love me, but I’ve just painted a masterpiece…Review and maybe there will be more tonight!!! Happy Thanksgiving…and thanks to my BETAS!!! They rock!*

Chapter Nine: Restless

The light that entered her bedroom window was painful to her eyes, as she awoke from slumber. Her head throbbed, pounding within her ears. She stood up, squinting around the room. It took her a minute to realize that she wasn’t in her room, and for a second she thought she might have made a mistake.

She stood in Spike’s room, wearing nothing, but her underwear and an oversized black t-shirt. It wasn’t until she exited and saw a rumpled blanket on the couch, that she discovered that she didn’t have sex with Spike.

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, she made her way to the bathroom, and opened the door without a knock. As the steam from the hot water that was running moments before she entered cleared, Buffy’s jaw dropped at the site before her.

Water trailed down the expanse of his hairless, and sculpted chest, as he dried himself with the towel, oblivious to her presence. Her eyes traveled down to his muscle, and widened in amazement. It was only then that a draft from the open door reached him, and he saw her.

“Bloody hell!” He yelled, trying to wrap the towel around his waist, but dropping it accidentally.

Buffy’s hands went to her eyes, covering them, but spreading her fingers apart so that she could still see him. “Sorry, I didn’t know you were in here, and my head wasn’t working right.” She turned quickly and bumped into the doorway, hitting her head and falling backwards.

Once again, Spike’s towel was on the floor, as her hurried to catch her before she could fall. There, in Spike’s naked lap, Buffy felt his thick, throbbing member pressing against her bottom. There was a moment that Buffy couldn’t help but grind against him, the warmth of her underwear-covered ass, hitting him hard.

“Buffy…” He couldn’t holdback the groan.

She looked up at him, as though she was a deer caught in headlights. She attacked his mouth in a deep, passionate kiss, allowing their tongues to tango. It wasn’t long before she was slipping to the floor, Spike’s bare body over her. The kiss intensified, as Spike reached down between them, reaching toward ecstasy. He rubbed her through the thin cotton that separated them, and her back arched, her pelvis reaching for him.

“Spike…” She whispered, her resistance buckling.

“Do you want me, Buffy?” He asked, his voice husky.

She was unable to speak, and nodded instead. He reached for the hem of his shirt, and pulled it over her head. He breasts were small, yet perky. His lips trailed slowly down her neck, stopping at her right nipple. He licked softly, and sucked gently. He showed just enough attention to the other.

She couldn’t hold back the moans, and allowed him to caress her wetness, spreading her legs so that he could let his fingers roam. Moving her underwear to the side, he pushed his index finger into her opening, the tightness surrounding, amazing.

“So bloody tight, luv, and I’m not even inside of you.” He grunted.

She whimpered softly as he added another finger.

“Do you think you’d be able to handle me, Buffy?” He asked, and her eyes went down to his dick.

She was about to open her mouth, and tell him to put it in, when the doorbell cut her off. She jolted back from him, startled. Before she had a chance to compose herself, and Spike wrapped the towel around his waist, Angel entered, his expression full of shock, at the sight of Buffy coming out of the bathroom, looking disoriented, and Spike naked coming out after.

“Is this what that phone call was about? Is he the one you want?” Angel asked angrily.

“Angel, what are you doing here?” It was all that would come out of her mouth.

He put a hand through his hair. “I came to tell you that I signed the annulment. I just need your signature, but hell…I just got a little show.”

Spike was about to respond, but Buffy didn’t let him. “Can you come into the bedroom for a sec?” She asked, smoothing out the t-shirt.

“The bedroom we used to share?” Angel questioned sarcastically.

“Cut the bullshit and follow me.” He did as she said, slamming the door, and locking it behind him. “What do you think you’re doing? I asked you to give the key back.”

Angel closed in on her, noticing that the bed was unmade. “I had a spare…and I’m glad I kept it. How could you do this to me…this was our apartment, you were mine.”

“The past tense part of those words is the point.” Buffy said, sitting on the bed. “Although Spike and I weren’t doing anything, I just accidentally walked in on him in the bathroom, it’s none of your business.”

Angel got in her face, his expression hard and angry. “It is my business. As long as I’m in love with you, I’ll make it my business.” He gripped her shoulders hard, and kissed her roughly on the mouth. Then, as though she was nothing, he pushed her down on the bed, hovering over her. “I was here first…I always will be…I swear to God, Buffy, if another man ever touches you, I’ll kill him.” With that, before resorting to anything drastic, Angel pulled away from her, making his way out of the apartment.

Tears shook her, and she cried not because of his cruelty, but because she allowed Spike to draw her in. She was going to let him take her on the bathroom floor.

There was a gentle knock on her door. “You okay, pet?”

She sobbed softly, and turned away from the door. “Please, just leave me alone.”

“And why is that?” Spike asked, hurt.

“Because we can’t do this. I’m leaving in a week and a half, back to Sunnydale. It just wasn’t meant to be.” She spoke of their interruption, and Spike didn’t respond. He only left her to her misery, while he let out his own anger, and sexual frustration.

*

Buffy tossed and turned, as she lay in bed that night. A thousand thoughts raced through her mind, most of them reminiscence of what almost happened in the bathroom. The feel of Spike’s lips and hand all over her body, forever burn into her mind.

In the other room, Spike couldn’t sleep, either. He could only think of what he would miss out on once Buffy was gone, what he could have had if Angel hadn’t showed up, and how right it felt to make that move.

She was leaving, it was final, and there was nothing he could do to stop her. Her throat going dry, Buffy made her way quietly down the hallway toward the kitchen. She stopped before Spike’s door, and put a gentle hand on it.

Although he couldn’t see her, he felt her presence, and stood quickly from his bed. Putting his hand to the door, he waited for a knock, a sign that she wanted him to join her, not only for the night, but also for life. He was in love with her; there was no way he could deny it.

Suddenly, Buffy was no longer thirsty, and with the tears burning in her eyes, she rushed back to her room, before Spike opened the door to find her there. The disappointment was no lie, as he found an empty place on the other side.