*A.N: Worth the wait, trust me. I hope you all enjoy, and please review because without those, this story won’t be worth updating!*

Chapter Eleven: Forever

She sat on her bed, wearing her Yummy Sushi pajamas, Spike stood before her, preparing to tuck her in. She was frozen from the cold outside, unable to warm up.

He put a cup of hot tea on her dresser. “That should do the trick.”

“I never really had a cup of tea from an English guy before…well, besides for my stepfather.” Buffy smiled up at him, and took a sip from the mug.

He returned her smile. “I’m going to head over to my room, and attempt some shut eye.” He turned from her, and began going toward the door.”

“Spike?” He stopped in his tracks. “Can you stay here?” She asked softly.

“Sure. I’ll take the floor to be on the safe side.” Spike offered.

“No. I mean…here. Will you just hold me?” She asked, pulling down the comforter and slipping under, leaving some room for him.

*

Buffy awoke close to the afternoon, to the feel of his warm body beside her. She propped herself up on her elbow, and watched as he slept. His lips were slightly part, and she felt herself drawn to them. Slowly, she leaned down, placing a chaste kiss on them, and his eyes fluttered open.

“Morning, pet.” He said, looking up at her.

“Sorry…I couldn’t help it.” She smiled, and he returned it. She jumped up from bed, and stretched. “Feel like breakfast?”

“Hate to break it to you, but we haven’t done any shopping since Christmas, luv. All we bloody have is ketchup and moldy bread.” Spike said, sitting up.

“Hm, we should get to it today. Set up shop for my departure.” She didn’t want him to get his hopes up with the idea that she was staying. Sure, he confessed his feelings for her, but she still wanted to go home.

Spike stood, like a deer caught in headlights. “So, you’re still leaving?”

“I really see no reason to stay,” she lied.

“Well, I do. Me. I want to give you the world, Buffy.” His voice was filled with honesty.

She turned from him, looking out the window at the white city streets below. “I don’t need the world.” She replied simply. “I need to enjoy the time I have left here with you and go home.”

He didn’t want to ruin what little time they had left. So he figured he’d let it go, for now. “Why don’t we shower, and go grocery shopping?”

“Shower…together?” Blush crept up her cheeks.

“If that’s what you want, luv…” Spike cocked an eyebrow.

“Separate is better.” Buffy attempted to convince herself.

“Ladies first…” He said, and began making the bed.

*

Buffy stood at the end of the shopping cart, as Spike pushed. “We should buy cookie dough.” She suggested, hopping off the cart.

“You don’t strike me as the baking type, luv.” He smiled at her enthusiasm.

“You’re not supposed to bake it. It tastes so much better raw.” She said, and Spike’s stomach turned at the thought. Buffy and Willow had spent many slumber parties with a roll of cookie dough.

“You’d be stuck in the bathroom for bloody hours.” He said with a look of disgust on his face.

“It’s worth it.” Buffy shrugged. “Read the list to me again.”

“Eggs, milk, butter, bread, TV dinners, mini pizzas, pancake mix, bacon, and apples.” He read the list, looking over the things in the cart, to make sure nothing was forgotten, and made his way to the cashier. Everything that they needed was accounted for, and more.

The ring of Buffy’s cell phone interrupted the duo’s day out. “Hello?”

“Buffy…I need you to come here. Fast.” Angel’s voice rasped, as though he was in some kind of pain.

“Angel?” Spike’s head turned as she said the name. “Is everything okay?”

“Please…it won’t be much longer.” The pain was so great, and in no time, he wouldn’t be conscious.

“I have to go.” Buffy hopped off the end of the cart, and looked up at Spike with eyes begging him to understand.

“Is everything alright, luv?” He questioned, attempting to keep his cool.

“I don’t know…he didn’t sound so good. It’s over between us, but I can’t just let him go like that.” She explained.

“I understand, pet. Is that why you’re leaving? So you can truly let go?” He asked.

She nodded before placing a chaste kiss on his lips, and heading for the exit.

He cursed her for wanting him to think that it was okay for her to run to Angel. But she wasn’t his, she didn’t belong to neither man, and that’s why it was considered right.

*

“Angel?” The door to his pent house apartment wasn’t closed all the way, and Buffy felt a chill up her spine. “Angel?” She walked slowly into the living room, and was shocked at the dark trail of blood, leading to his bedroom. She rushed into the room, and he lay faced down on the white carpet, his wrists bleeding. She ran to his nightstand, pulling out clothes, and quickly wrapped his wrists with enough pressure to slow the bleeding.

“Everything’s going to be okay.” She promised, pulling out her cell, and dialing 911. “Yes, my ex-husband…I think he tried committing suicide. I think he’s unconscious. His breathing isn’t very steady. Thank you, please hurry.” She said, and hung up the phone. “We’ll get through this.”

“Buffy.” Angel said softly. “Please don’t leave me.”

“I won’t, not right now.” She said.

“Promise-promise me, that you’ll stay forever,” He pleaded.

She let her tears run down her cheeks, and didn’t respond to him. The blood soaked her clothes, but she just held him close, until the paramedics arrived.