*A/N: I’m finishing what I started and getting Angel out of the way…sorry it took so long…computer virus…please review…*

Chapter Thirteen: Doomed

Licking lightly, his finger entered her tight haven, enticing and teasing, as his tongue worked her clit. She moaned aloud, his name slipping out of her lips. The sound made him recover from his release.

He never wanted to be inside anyone else so bad, and as much as her eyes seemed to be pleading for his entrance, he couldn’t do it. Not there, and not at the moment. He stopped licking her for a second, to look into her eyes.

“I want to make love to you, pet…but not just yet.” He said, looking a bit disappointed at his own words.

“Did I do something?” She asked, unable imagine being turned away.

“No, luv. You’re bloody perfect. I think I’m going a bit crazy, but I just want to be right. Tonight, isn’t right, especially after all the shit that’s happened.” He explained.

She nodded her head in understanding, and began standing, but he took a rough hold on her thighs.

“Doesn’t mean I don’t want to please you, Buffy.” He said, and went back to his task.

His fingers slipped within he, once again, pushing in out, causing her to gasp. “You like that, pet?” He asked, his tongue darting out to lick the juices.

“Oh yeah…” She groaned.

“Is this my pussy?” He asked.

She didn’t hesitate to respond. “Always.”

*

Buffy’s body awoke buzzing with pleasure. Every place he touched, everything he kissed, she still felt him there. No man had ever paid such attention to her body, worshipped her the way he had.

They’d fallen asleep within each other’s arms, and of course it was the hardest thing they’ve ever done. But Buffy woke up alone as she had expected. Spike had been a bit negligent of his work, and had to be in extra early. Buffy suggested that he buy a laptop, work from home like every other respectful writer would do, but Spike refused.

He loved being able to go into work like any normal man. He had an office, and a secretary, all of which had been neglected since he moved in with Buffy.

She sighed loudly, and stood from his bed. She had a long day ahead of her. No matter how great last night was, she still had to visit Angel. She made her way into her room, and began searching her drawers for something to wear. She picked out a pair of baggy blue jean overalls and a light pink shirt. The outfit said, “I care, but I’m not here to impress,” which was exactly what she wanted to say.

After showering and dressing, she was about to get on her coat, when the phone stopped her. “Hello?”

“Buffy?”

“Mom?”

“Yes, Honey, it’s me.” Joyce Summers felt the tears sting her eyes at the sound of her daughter’s voice.

“Is everything okay?” Buffy asked worriedly.

“Everything is fine…I just had to talk to you. I’ve been meaning to call, but everything’s been complicated. Are you okay?” Joyce questioned.

“Well, my marriage has been annulled, and I’m going back to Sunnydale in about two weeks…” Buffy replied.

“Oh, well that’s good…great,” Joyce paused, “but is there anyway you can come earlier?”

“For what?” Buffy probed.

“Xander…he couldn’t send an invitation…because he forgot. He’s getting married, Buffy.” Joyce explained.

“Xander? Xander is getting married? Xander forgot to send me an invitation to his wedding?” Buffy was shocked. “When is it?”

“This weekend…” Joyce replied.

“I’ll be there.” Buffy hung up the phone and called the airport to make arrangements. “Yes, I’d like to change my flight from the first of February, to tomorrow. Buffy Summers.”

*

Buffy stared at the surrounding white walls, feeling a bit Closter phobic in the elevator. There was a nice older lady with blondish white hair smiling at her. Buffy gave her an uncomfortable smile back. She finally reached the floor that Angel was on, and gave the lady a small wave before getting off.

A knot tied in her stomach as she slowly approached Angel’s room. She peeked in hesitantly and smiled slightly at the fact that he was alone. With a small knock, his gaze went to the door. “Permission to enter?”

“Permission granted.” Angel replied with a small smile. His wrists were wrapped in white gauze, the IV sticking out of his hand and restraints holding his legs.

Buffy felt tears approached, as she walked toward his, and stopped at his side. “How are you feeling?”

“Like I tried to commit suicide.” He replied. “Cheer up, Buffy…I was just drinking and my mind wandered.”

“Your father must hate me…” She whispered.

“Not as much as he hates me. I believe the term he used was, “weak.”” Angel grimaced as he attempted to move.

“Angel, about yesterday…” She began, but couldn’t form the words.

“The suicide thing, or the fact that your new boyfriend stood up to my father?” He probed.

“He’s not my boyfriend…and your father was attacking me verbally. The other subject…did you do it because of me?” She questioned.

“Partially…I had other reasons…the thought of you with another man, the stress of being the boss, and the fact that my marriage is no longer there.” He explained.

“So about 75% was me…” She figured.

“90%.” He corrected her. He looked up at her with tearful eyes. “You deserve better than me, you deserve better than that other guy. You need a good old farm boy that will take care of you, Buffy. I know now that we were doomed…New York doomed us. You belong in Sunnydale, you belong with your family.” Part of his explanation was aimed at getting her away from Spike, another part, away from New York. He didn’t know why he was doing it, but it was right. It was what he needed to be able to live a normal life.

“I know…that’s why I’m leaving. My flight leaves tomorrow night.” She felt a stabbing pain in her heart as she said the words aloud. She was going to forget her marriage, New York, and Spike. She was going to give up on her only hope for love.