Author's Chapter Notes:
Please comment, I'm loving this. My mac messed up the first post.
Chapter Fifteen: Same Time, Same Place

As usual, Spike arrived home to find Buffy silently sitting on the couch, engrossed in another episode of The Simpsons. However, the only difference this time was the lack of laughter. He approached the couch with precaution, and found her sound asleep. With a gentle shake, her eyes drifted open.

They held certain sadness, he was sure he had rid her of the night before. “What’s on your mind, luv?”

She didn’t speak, sleep still clouding her, the emotion from the day keeping her fogged. She reached out to him, and he lifted her from the couch. “Make love to me,” she whispered the words in a haze of love, and regret.

It would be the first and only time. No matter how she felt after, she would be out of his life before he returned home the following day. There was sadness in her that begged for the final moment to become a part of him, take without expectations or attachments, no matter how hard. The last thing on her mind was his feelings, or her own.

In what seemed like slow motion, Spike didn’t hesitate, as he made his way to him bedroom, laying her down on is bed. She reached up to the red and blue striped tie he wore, and began untying, fumbling with the buttons on his white collared shirt. He watched he eyes, and face, as she bit her lip in concentration. Something stabbed in the pit of his stomach, but he ignored it.

“This is what you want?” He asked, and she nodded. “Speak to me, Buffy,” he pleaded.

Without much thought, or hesitation, she reached for his slacks, unbuttoning them as she whispered, “I love you.” Gazing deep within his blue orbs, she meant it deep within.

In obvious awe and shock, Spike watched as she pulled off her shirt, after easily disrobing him. When his brain began functioning again, and he helped her remove her sweatpants, taking his time, and enjoying the way her eyes traveled over him.

There was silence as he took in the glow from her bare skin, and he leaned over to the nightstand, lighting a single lamp. He wanted to watch her, when they became one. She laid peacefully, on her back, watching him, as he hovered over her. She eased her legs open, wrapping them around his waist, as he slowly pressed himself to her opening.

She breathed in deeply, flinching slightly at the size of him, adjusting, as he set a slow pace, within her. Her body was on fire, and his hand traveled over her, his lips praising her.

“You’re so bloody beautiful. Please, don’t leave me. I need you, so much.” He moaned and whimpered and she reacted similarly, without speaking, not wanting to lie. “You’re mine, I’ll never let you go without a fight, baby.”

She felt herself begin to climax, and gently bit his shoulder to muffle her screams. With the pressure of her bite, he felt himself let go, spilling his seed deep within her womb without reservation.

They reached their height together, and Spike collapsed on her chest. “I love you,” he repeated the words over, and over, holding her tightly.

They leisurely made love throughout the night, till the sun poked through the blinds that covered the window.

“Please, at least tell me that you meant what you said yesterday.” He noticed her silence, and was saddened by it.

“I love you,” she repeated the words softly, and felt her heart swell.

She savored the last kiss after he hesitantly got ready for work the following morning.

“I’ll be back early. I want to spend the night saying you name…I’ve never craved a woman, as I crave you.” He admitted, honestly.

“I’ll be waiting,” she regretfully said. When she was sure he was gone, she raced to her room, and began packing her belongings. With a simple phone call, the cab would be picking her up at three, and she’d spend the remainder of he time, waiting for her flight. She left no note, or message, just an empty room.
*

“Buffy?” He slowly made his way toward her bedroom; feeling as thought something was off. He reached her bedroom, a shiver running up his spin, as he opened the door. The sight before him seemed unbearable, and he rushed into his own room to be sure that they weren’t robbed, and that Buffy was safe.

When he realized what was going on, finding his room unharmed, his fear was instantly replaced by anger. He looked around for something to answer her absence, and found nothing, but the answering machine light blinking. He pressed play.

“Hey, Buff Buff, can’t wait to see you here, I know your flight leaves at six, and you’re probably busy with the packing, but I was kind of hoping that you could bring me and Tara back a really tacky souvenir. Just a reminder, this is Willow.”

Quickly glancing at his watch, Spike had an hour and a half to get through rush hour, and stop Buffy from leaving him. His stomach was in knots, and he ran down the stair, quickly hailing a cab. All was well, until they reached the Grand Central.

*

“Now boarding, flight 1728, to Sunnydale, California, please make your way to gate sixteen.”

The announcement was clear. With a sigh, Buffy stood from her seat, and made her way toward the mass of people, a red backpack on her shoulder. She wore her paint stained overalls, which looked stylish with the black and white splatters, and her hair hung in two loose braids.

She was in a daze, so much so that she barely heard her name being shouted as she handed her ticket to the flight attendent, who stood by the gate.

“Buffy! Buffy, don’t go!” She turned suddenly, to see Spike. Tears streamed down his face, and he looked wrecked, as guards kept him from reaching the gate without a ticket. She felt her own tears fall down her cheeks, as she shook her head, and turned away from him, taking the long walk away from him, regret churning her stomach.

*

Buffy sat with her head in her hands, tears taking her over. She had no one left, and although those she loved were ecstatic about her return to Sunnydale, there was no telling whether things would ever be the same.

The hurt on Spike’s face, when she turned away, was enough to remain embedded in her mind, and cause pain beyond belief. He was going to come for her, she figured, and she didn’t want to turn him away. But she would.

Their loving making had been beautiful, and beyond what she’d experienced with Angel. Spike was only her second, and she was sure her last. Memories of the night before, brought another flood, and she ached where he touched her, his word repeating in her head, sing-songed, and loving.

The man beside her cleared his throat. “You okay miss?”

She didn’t bother answering, she just leaned back in her seat, and let sleep overcome her. She dreamt of her actions, and the repercussions she’d face. She had nightmares that she’s never come face to face with Spike again, and if she ever did, he’d have nothing but hate for her.

*

Joyce Summers held her breath, as her only child stepped off of the airplane. It pained her to see the frail tear streaked face, and rumpled appearance. The sadness in the girl’s eyes seemed to lessen at the site of her friends waiting for her.

She put a hand over her face, and rushed into open arms. Willow, Xander, Tara, Anya, Joyce, and even Giles, rushed her, making her feel like she was no longer alone, as she felt the entire plane ride. Spike temporarily vanished from her mind, as she succumbed to the love of her family.

“Ever leave us again, and we’ll hunt you done and maim you.” Willow said, a little too enthusiastic.

Tears were once again present, representing the joy she felt be the heartfelt words. “I missed you guys, so much.” She cried.

“We missed you too, honey. Look at this, what have you been eating? You look fabulous.” Joyce reached out, patting a hand over Buffy’s flat stomach.

“Oh, Joyce, I’m sure she’s been indulging in Chinese every night with you there.” Rupert put on.

“Only on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The other day’s were reheat, and pizza.” Buffy joked. She smiled, her attention floating to Xander and Anya. “I can’t believe it! A wedding!” It was at that exact moment, she noticed a bulge in Anya’s belly. “What the hell is going on?”

“We wanted to surprise you.” Xander announced, proudly placing his hand over his fiancé’s belly, his unborn child.

“It’s why we’re rushing the wedding. No reason to have a bastard child, when we’re going to be together forever.” Anya smiled.

“I’m going to be an auntie,” Buffy felt the threat of more tears deep within, as she embraced Anya and Xander in another hug. She felt her problems disappear, as she embarked back to the life she knew and did well. Buffy Summers, Ms. Sunnydale, California…