*A.N: Sorry about the delay…I had to visit the boyfriend for the weekend, get some new romantic ideas;)…other than that, thanks for the reviews, and please submit more. Your feedback, keeps this story going. Thanks to my beta!!!*

Chapter Five: Revelations

The moment Buffy Summers walked out of her bedroom, she was no longer his roommate...she was a goddess. Her hair was pinned up, golden curls escaping, the gown flowed down to her clear Mary Jane’s, and her makeup brought out all the right features. Perfection was the only way to describe her.

Spike’s blue eyes went wide, his lips slightly parted, and it took all the power in his body to keeping his tongue from rolling out. “Bloody hell.”

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” She said as she slipped on her beige pea coat.

He wore a black tux, with his own personal touch. The tie was slacked, and the top two buttons of his white shirt, open. Deciding against it, he also disregarded his loafers and still wore his black combat boots.

“Ready to go, pet?” He asked after slipping on his leather coat, offering his arm to her.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” she said, linking her arm with his.

*

His eyes became slits of anger at the sight of his wife walking into the ballroom on the arm of the man with radioactive hair. His hands balled into tight fists at his sides, his temper on high.

“Who’s that dude with your girl?” Charles Gunn, a street-smart attorney that worked for Rayne Corp., questioned. He saw the jealousy bubbling within his longtime friend and employer. Although he was more of a friend toward Buffy, he couldn’t help but feel the need to let his boy know.

“I don’t know, but I won’t let her embarrass me like this.” With that, Angel made his way toward the blonde duo, and took Buffy’s arm roughly. “We need to talk.” He looked in her eyes, pleading.

“I don’t think that’s going to happen, mate,” Spike stepped between them. The feel of Buffy’s hand on his back, stopped him from ripping off Angel’s arm.

“It’s okay, Spike. I’ll be right back.” Buffy said, allowing Angel to drag her to a small room outside of the ballroom. “I got the flowers. They were beautiful. Sorry I didn’t-“

“What are you doing here with him?” Angel cut her off.

“I don’t have to explain anything to you,” she whispered, looking down at the floor.

He took her chin in his big hand, forcing her to look him in the eye. “As long as you’re my wife, you’ll do as I say.”

“I asked to get out of this months ago. I know you got the paper work last week.” She turned her face to the side, avoiding the emotion he held in his eyes.

“Well, I don’t plan on signing a thing. Not until we at least try working this out.” He argued.

Buffy sighed loudly. “Sorry, Angel, but Spike’s already living in the apartment. He’s my roommate, and I’m beginning to realize that this marriage was a mistake.”

“What is it with you and this guy? What’s really going on between the two of you?” He asked.

“He’s my roommate, and my friend.” She replied, feeling the emptiness of the words. There had to be something more there. Whenever Spike sat beside her, or looked at her, she felt it. But why did she ignore it? At that point, the answer was unknown.

*

“You’re new around here.” Gunn approached Spike with a scotch, and handed it to him.

“To New York, no. To the Plaza…yes.” Spike replied, accepting the drink with a smile.

Gunn nodded. “I’m originally from LA, myself. I came with the movement, when Rayne decided to take his business to the East Coast.”

“Sounds like you’re a prized player in the company.” Spike said.

“Actually, Angel is. Ethan Rayne has big plans for his son to take over the company...but it’s not looking too good.” Gunn admitted.

“And why is that?” Spike inquired.

“Because without Buffy here, in New York, at his side, Angel won’t have reason to run the company.” Gunn explained.

“And what makes you think that they won’t get back together?” Spike asked, watching the couples dance.

“It’s simple, man…she’s already falling for you.”

*

“Ready for a dance, luv?” Spike asked upon Buffy’s return.

Her smile was shaky, but she nodded her head. Before they could make it to the dance floor, Hank stepped in their way, a million questions on his mind.

He could only get one out. “Buffy, what’s going on?”

“I tried to tell you yesterday…but Angel and I are not going to be together much longer.” She had to let him know sooner or later, and sooner seemed better. The timing was unfortunate.

“What did he do to you? There were rumors, but I thought it was just office talk.” Hank said angrily, casting a dirty look Angel’s way.

“Nothing, Daddy…I just feel as though we rushed it. I’m only eighteen; I’ll be nineteen next month. I have to have some fun before I settle down.” She explained, and noticed Hank looking over Spike. “This is Spike…he’s my roommate.”

“Nice to meet you, son.” Hank said, holding his hand out to the bleached blonde.

“Likewise. This is a really nice party.” Spike said.

“God knows you’re as bored as I am. I suggest that you two run along, and have some real fun. It’s about time my little girl saw what New York City’s all about, and I have a feeling you’re the one that can show her.” Hank gave Spike a pat of approval on the back, and smiled as the two left. Buffy wasn’t made for the life of ballrooms and business. She was pure California, fun and sun. Hank knew that enough to let go of his reservations, and let his only child see what life is really like.