A/N This chapter has a lot of references to the show ‘Will & Grace,’ so if you’ve never seen the show before, we’re sorry for any confusion. Thanks for all of the wonderful reviews, keep ‘em coming!



Chapter 4 – ‘Will & Grace’


“Hello,” Buffy said, opening the door to reveal Andrew. Spike sank down on the couch.

‘He’s going to crash our night, isn’t he?’ he thought bitterly. ‘Bloody ponce.’

“Hey, Buffy,” Andrew said, looking around the apartment until he spotted platinum hair poking up from the couch. “Spike! What a surprise.” Buffy giggled quietly, watching Andrew head over to Spike.

“Andrew,” Spike said, merely nodding in acknowledgement as Buffy walked over to them.

“Would you like a drink, Andrew?” she asked. “Or a refill for you, Spike?”

“I’ll have a beer,” Spike said, wishing he had something stronger to drink suddenly.

“Me too,” Andrew said. Buffy raised an eyebrow and went to the kitchen area.

‘I suppose having him here for a little while wouldn’t be too bad. I mean, the way he acts around Spike is entertaining,” she thought, smiling. “I love watching him squirm.’

She grabbed two beers and a soda for herself before going back to them, dispersing the bottles to the guys. Andrew was sitting on the couch where Buffy had been prior, so she sat on a chair opposite them. Spike frowned, wishing she wouldn’t have let Andrew in.

‘Can’t I just ask him to leave?’ he thought, looking at the TV. “But then Buffy would think I’m a jerk. Guess I’m stuck sitting next to him.’

Buffy looked at Spike and smiled at how uncomfortable he appeared. ‘This is almost better than the show.’

Spike looked at her and shot her a look, as she looked back at the TV, smirking. He smiled, too, and decided it could really be worse.

“I couldn’t ever date a guy like Jack,” Andrew suddenly announced. Both blondes looked at him. “I’d rather date someone who isn’t too openly gay.”

‘Right, because you want to be the woman in the relationship,’ Spike thought, smiling to himself.

“Someone like Will?” Buffy asked conversationally. Andrew nodded. “I like Will. He seems like a good man.”

Andrew smiled, nodding. “He’s a lawyer, he dresses nicely, and he can cook,” Andrew replied. “What more could you want?”

“A guy who will treat you nicely?” Spike asked. Andrew looked at him. “Have you seen how Will treats Jack? I mean, sure, he’s great with Grace, but he can be kind of an ass sometimes.” Buffy stared at Spike, surprised that he was talking about that.

‘Has he been in a relationship with someone like Will? That Drew guy maybe?’ she thought. ‘I can’t picture him being like Jack in a relationship, but you never know.’

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Andrew said, smiling at Spike, who in turn looked back at the TV, somewhat angry that he said what he had.

‘You’re comparing Will Truman, a fictitious character, to Dru,’ he thought sadly. ‘You really do have issues, mate.’ He paused. ‘But Dru was genuinely an evil woman. At least Will has a good side to him.’

“Do you guys think I’m like Jack?” Andrew asked, tilting his head and studying Jack on the screen, shrieking in outrage over something Will had accused him of. Buffy and Spike shared a look.

“You don’t have a Karen, so no,” Buffy said, not wanting to hurt his feelings by saying he was exactly like Jack. Andrew looked at her and smiled.

“I like Karen,” he said. “She’s got a lot of character. She can be really sweet sometimes.”

“Before she says the wrong thing and inadvertently hurts someone’s feelings,” Spike replied. Buffy looked at him, and he was reminded of the comment he had made in the moving truck about him not wanting her to hurt herself by doing any heavy lifting. He smiled weakly at her, but she flashed him a bright smile.

‘That will be my demise. If she keeps doing that, I’m in this for life.’

“She’s a powerful woman,” Buffy smirked, looking at Andrew. “She’s probably not too worried about who she hurts, and she does what she wants to. She’s taking a fun approach to life.”

“I wish I could do that,” Andrew said, looking down. Spike looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Why don’t you?” he asked. “You’re young, you seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders- what’s keeping you from living the life you want to?”

Buffy was shocked. ‘Is Spike taking a liking to Andrew? Is hell freezing over?’ She was tempted to look out the window to double-check even. ‘Spike’s being nice to him. Wow.’

“I…I don’t know why,” Andrew answered. “I guess I’m just afraid to go for what I want.” The telephone rang, and Buffy got up to answer it.

“Well, what is it that you want?” Spike asked. Andrew looked at him and smiled.

‘That was a loaded question, Spike. Why would you set yourself up like that?’

“Are you single?” Andrew asked Spike, trying to be casual. Spike restrained himself from smacking his forehead.

“Yes,” Spike answered. “But…Andrew, you’re…not really my type. I’m sorry.” Andrew sighed.

“I know, but I figured there was no harm in asking,” he shrugged, standing up.

“You’re right,” Spike replied with a nod. “Never any harm in it.”

“Well, thank you for the insight tonight, Spike. It’s really cool of you.” Spike nodded, watching Andrew head over to Buffy, who had just gotten off the phone.

“Are you leaving already?” she asked, surprised. Andrew nodded. “Did something happen?”

“He told me I’m not his type,” Andrew answered sadly. “Not that I’m surprised, but…it’s okay. I have some stuff I have to do at home as it is. I just wanted to stop in and say hi to you both.”

“Well, have a good night then, Andrew,” Buffy said, feeling sorry for him. She let him out and locked the door behind her, going over to the couch to sit beside Spike.

‘I hope Spike was at least nice about it,’ she thought. ‘I’m sure he was. He’s a good guy, after all.’

“Andrew’s a good kid,” Buffy said. “Don’t you think so?” He nodded, drinking some of his beer.

“I hope I gave him some good advice before,” Spike replied. “You know, getting him on track.”

“I’m sure you did,” she smiled softly, looking at him. He smiled back at her. “Oh! I forgot that ‘ER’ is on soon!” She grabbed the bowl of popcorn again and set it on her lap. “I liked the old seasons the best, but these aren’t too bad.”

“Let me guess, you had a yen for George Clooney?” Spike asked, amused. She shrugged.

“He wasn’t so bad,” she said. “But I used to have the biggest crush on Noah Wyle.” He frowned.

“Yeah, I bet you did,” he said quietly, taking a handful of popcorn. She smiled.

“This should become a routine,” she said, looking at him. “Must-see TV, popcorn…”

“With or without an appearance by Andrew?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. She simply giggled in response, munching on several popped kernels and paying attention to the show.

‘I vote us being alone together becomes a routine. How about you, luv?’ he thought, sighing.