Chapter 5 – Love me in the Morning



His hands.

His mouth.

They were all over her body. She couldn’t form a comprehensive thought. All she could do was feel. She hadn’t lied when she’d told him that he could make her feel good. It was beyond good. She was lost on a sensual plane where her body was humming. The cloying heavy scent of magnolias filled her senses with the sensation of making love in a garden.

Buffy rubbed her face against the pillow as Spike kneaded her buttocks. He slid his hands upwards over her waist, leaning into her hip. His erection was heavy against her flesh. She sighed in contentment. There was no place else she’d rather be than here in his bed. Her daring words of wanting him had shifted when it came to the awkward part of getting to where she was now. Her only fancy dress had covered cheap pantyhose and plain underwear. She’d been embarrassed as he undressed her, wishing that she could be more than she was for him. Until he uttered one word as he pulled her panties down. His breath fanned the soft curls of her womanhood as he whispered, “Perfection”.

She became his slave then, surrendering to his experience, and his desire for her. She never questioned why he wanted her. It didn’t matter. They would only have tonight so there were no consequences of the heart to bother her. No one would ever know how easily she’d given in as she moved into her new life. One of forced adulthood that would leave enough regrets of lost chances. Spike would be a pleasant memory that would forever be an escape for her when things became too much.

“You still awake, kitten?” Spike asked, lapping at her spine. His hand slipped beneath her body to cup one breast. “Am I boring you?”

“I promise that you are not boring me,” she sighed as he played with her nipple. “Spike?”

“Yes,” he responded absently, pushing her hair to the side so he could nip at the back of her neck.

“You make me feel really good,” Buffy said, her fingers digging into the pillow. He kissed her below the ear, his hands pulling her over to face him. She followed with a soft sigh, cupping his face, and tracing his cheekbone with her thumb while she smiled up at him.

“You do the same for me,” he vowed before kissing her again.

His words inspired her as much as his kisses did. Maybe she wasn’t the girl that Angel left behind or the one that failed Riley because she could never love him. In Spike’s arms she was a woman. The passion stroked her bruised heart as much as her body. She cradled him, running her hands along his back as he slipped between her legs. She wrapped them around his waist as he sought entrance to her body. His eyes boring into hers as his cock slipped inside.

“So good,” Spike said, as he took the first tentative thrust. “It feels like you’re made just for me…such enticing heat.”

Buffy couldn’t say anything. Her world was exploding around her as he took her. She threw her head back as he lowered his head into the crook of her shoulder. There wasn’t any need to think. Her body responded to his with an instinct as old as time. They moved toward each other, filling and being filled, as they lost the ability to speak. Buffy panted, moaned as she arched up to receive him over and over again. It didn’t take long for her to reach her first orgasm. He’d played her so well, stoking the fire, before he ever entered her. The second came not long afterwards leaving him grinning down at her as her nails dug into this skin. Somehow he knew that he was the only one to take her to these heights. It fed his need for her. His thrusts became more frantic as he sought his own release. It came on the heels of her third.

“Oh, god, Luv,” Spike moaned, collapsing on her. He kissed her cheek and then rolled over to remove the condom. He flopped on his back, ignoring her while he regained his breath. She felt alone until he took her hand and tugged. “Come here.” She came, curling into his side, loving the feel of him loving her, even if it was only a fantasy. Indulging in a small one for a few minutes wouldn’t break any rules except her own. It would be something to fuel the lonely nights she was facing. He pulled the covers over them. “Glad you’re here,” was all he said. She didn’t move, waiting for a sign, and then she heard a soft snore awhile later. She smiled and snuggled closer. She could stay for a bit longer.

~~~~~~~~~

“Where you going?” Spike asked, sleep still heavy in his voice. He wiped at his face, trying to get his bearings and why Buffy was leaving the bed. It was cold without her snuggled against him.

“I…I wasn’t sure if you wanted me to stay,” Buffy said, pulling the sheet against her breasts. “It’s morning and I thought maybe you needed to leave or something.”

Spike stared at her for a moment while he tried to decide if she just wasn’t sure or if she was trying to give him the brush off. Their lovemaking had been intense. The second time had been even more freeing. They woke up sometime in the night, reaching for the other as if they did it all the time. This time it was she that made love to him. At first her touch was tentative then became bolder when she realized how turned on he was. She became a temptress that fulfilled so many fantasies with her unbridled passion for him. He’d loved watching the girl become a woman in his arms.

“I want you to stay,” Spike said.

“Where are we going to go with this?” Buffy asked, plucking at the edge of the sheet. She refused to look at him. Instead she kept her eyes cast downwards. “We both have lives to lead and the longer we play…”

“No, I mean stay with me,” Spike said sitting up. He kissed her shoulder, brushing her hair back, and then let his lips trail across her jaw. It was suddenly clear to him. The reason she’d been brought into his life. “Marry me.”

“What?”

Her eyes were wide with surprise, but there underneath, if he looked, was hope. It was that hope that he would cling to in the next few minutes. Marrying her hadn’t been part of his life plan. Marrying anyone wasn’t a goal of his at all. Being single would be easier, but Buffy was here like a gift he hadn’t known he coveted. And he wanted her with an intensity that surprised him.

“Marry me, Luv,” Spike repeated, with a smile. “Don’t you believe in fate?”

“Not really,” Buffy said, shaking her head. “Not for me anyway.”

“See that’s what I mean,” Spike said, twirling a strand of her hair around his finger. “You and I are completely opposite, but we found each other anyway. You’ve made me believe again and I can be that port in the storm that you need.”

“We don’t know each other,” Buffy protested. “It would never work.”

“I know enough.” He sighed, trying to sort through all the thoughts that were racing through his mind. All the reasons to do it. “You live here, I live in LA, it’s too far apart for us to date.” He kissed her. “Besides the press would eat you alive if we were dating. If we get married then it will be a short uproar then its over with.”

“Until you decide I bore you or something,” Buffy whispered. “Or you find out how horrible I am.”

“Buffy, I’m not them,” Spike said, squeezing her hand. “I already know how wonderful you are. Marry me. Let me take care of you. Be my inspiration.”

She stared into his eyes. Searching for an answer that he hoped she wouldn’t find. The truth would make her run from him. No one knew the truth but him. Spike swore that if Buffy would be his, he would be everything he’d never been for Drusilla. He would worship this goddess that had graced his life with hope.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure,” Spike promised with a smile. “See, pet, I’ve already got it all figured out. We can drive to Vegas this morning, have lunch, get married and we can be back in LA by tonight.”

“I can’t just leave for LA,” Buffy protested, pulling away with a distressed look. “All my things are in storage here.” She waved her hand. “I’ve lived here all my life. I’m going to college at UC Sunnydale. What would I do in Los Angeles?”

“Be my wife,” Spike said softly. He realized he was losing her to her fears. Every excuse was a perfectly reasonable one and he understood them. But he also believed that being with him was better for her than being on her own. “Pet, all I have to do is make a phone call to arrange for your things to be moved to a storage unit in Los Angeles. Or if you want it can be delivered to my place so you can go through it.” He brushed back a strand of her hair. “And you do realize that UC Sunnydale is part of the same college system as UCLA so I don’t think it will be a problem to transfer your credits.”

“You have all the answers, don’t you?” Buffy asked. She shook her head. “You’re going to take care of me like I was a pet, aren’t you?”

“No,” Spike said. “If all I wanted was to take care of you then I would ask you to my mistress not my wife.”

“I..I,” Buffy hesitated. “It’s just so sudden, you know?.”

“I know it is,” he agreed. “But I don’t want to let you go. I want you in my life.”

“I want you in my life, too,” Buffy said, searching his face for an answer. He relaxed when she smiled. Tears spilled down her cheeks as she reached out to hug him. “Yes, I’ll marry you.”

Spike hugged her close, reveling in the victory he’d just won. Buffy was his. She would marry him. Neither had spoken the word love. They didn’t feel it yet. In time they would. He was confident of that.

“Yes,” Spike yelped, pulling her down on the bed and rolling them so she was pinned beneath him. Her smile was radiant. It warmed him in the dark places of his soul that only he knew about. Places he hoped she would never know about. He kissed her with an urgency that belied his desire to claim her as only his. She opened herself to him, fully and without restraint. The emotions ran rampant through him, filling him with a happiness he couldn’t ever remember. “So, Buffy, have you ever showered with a man?”

“No,” Buffy laughed. “Why? Is it a condition of our engagement?”

Laughing along with her, he jumped to his feet then scooped her up in his arms. “Yes, it is,” he told her as he strode to the bathroom. “Because in order to have one of the shortest engagements in history we need to get a move on.” He set her down on her feet before he reached in to turn the water on.

“Do you really think it’s going to save time?” Buffy asked, kissing his back and pressing herself against him.

It wouldn’t, but at least he wouldn’t have to let her go just yet.

~~~~~~~~

The insistent ringing of his cell phone broke through his wandering daydreams with the force of tidal wave. Xander ran his fingers down the soft cashmere of the sweater one last time before putting it back in the dresser. He slammed the drawer shut then flipped his phone on.

“What?”

“You in a bad mood?” Spike asked, laughing at him. “Cheer up, man, your series just got renewed for another season.”

“Yeah, whatever,” Xander said with a sigh. He regretted every signing up for the angst filled teen soap show he was on. He appreciated that it had put him on the covers of magazines. It was just being thirty-two and playing a nineteen old that just ate at him. Nobody took him seriously in the business because of it. “I really want to continue to play the idiot boy for another season.”

“Sorry,” Spike said. “I know.”

Xander could almost see his best friend shaking his head. If anyone knew what was going on in his head, it would be Spike. Most of the time anyway. This was one of those times.

“Look, Spike, it’s just been one of those days. Things went to shit really early on the set today. They decided I didn’t have to shoot today after all. So, I went in for nothing and Cordy is in one of her moods.”

“So, go have a beer,” Spike replied, his voice dropping to a more compassionate tone. “Hide out at my house for awhile.”

“I’m already there, old buddy,” Xander said, with a chuckle. He headed downstairs. “If you’re coming back today I would suggest you pick up some more food because your frig’ is bare like the frozen arctic.”

“Actually, that’s why I was calling you, Xan.”

“Okay, no problem. I can be your errand boy. Beer, pretzels, frozen pizzas, anything else?”

“I’m getting married.”

“Bullshit,” Xander said with a laugh as he plopped on the couch. He threw his feet up on the glass coffee table. “Seriously, what do you need?”

“Look, I don’t have time to explain everything,” Spike said. “I have to meet her in a few minutes.”

“You’re serious,” Xander exclaimed, dropping his feet back on the floor. Spike couldn’t be getting married. It had to be a joke. “Who are you marrying? Jenny?”

“Funny, mate, real funny,” Spike said. “I met a girl here.” He sighed. “She’s given me inspiration and hope again.”

“So, fuck her and get her out of your system.”

“I did and it didn’t help. It only made it worse.”

“Son of a bitch,” Xander said, throwing the perfect pitch of awe into his voice. Who said he couldn’t act? “You went and got snared.”

“Yeah, I did man,” Spike replied. “She’s got me wrapped around her finger and there’s no place else I want to be.”

“Well, congratulations,” Xander said, trying to be happy for his friend. It was almost impossible with the way his stomach was twisting up. How could Spike be so stupid as to want to marry someone after only a couple of days? “So what did you need me to do?”

“Go through my place and gather up all the pictures that have Dru in them,” Spike said. “And anything else that might hurt Buffy by seeing them. Lock everything up in Dru’s closet and I’ll get rid of it later. Can you do that for me? Plus arrange for a maid to come in and clean up. Maybe call for groceries so it’s not bare when she gets there. I want her to feel special.”

“No problem,” Xander promised. He took down the last few requests that Spike needed before they ended the phone call. He threw his head back and whistled with disbelief. After the hell that Drusilla had put his friend through, he didn’t think Spike would ever get married again. It had been a meltdown of a marriage to rival another world war as far as he was concerned. Xander picked up the first picture and ran his finger along the dark beauty’s face. “Well, my little princess, it seems you’re replaceable after all. Wonder if she’ll be as interesting to have around as you were.”


To be continued…