Chapter 9 – Secrets



His lady had grace, Spike decided as he watched Buffy move around his room. He took advantage of her being unaware of his presence to simply observe the woman he married. Most of the women he’d been intimate with dressed to seduce in silk and lace, but not his wife. She was clothed in simple pajama bottoms and a tank top that revealed the curve of her breasts and pert nipples that poked invitingly through the thin material. Her feet were bare, not even polish on her toes, but they were still neatly manicured. And soft, he remembered from when they were sliding along his legs during their long night together.

Totally unaware of her beauty, she was the sexiest woman he’d ever met. A part of him hoped that she never learned the power she could wield with those looks. Her ingenuousness was one of the most attractive things about her. If she lost it then she would be like thousands of other women whose only beauty was on the outside. She would be like his Drusilla. He pushed the dark thoughts away and concentrated on Buffy.

She was unpacking her suitcase into the dresser drawers emptied by Xander before they arrived home. There was nothing awkward as she did something so ordinary. It was more like she was a fairy flitting from flower to flower. He smiled as she looked into the mirror and caught him staring at her. She returned the smile before turning to look at him.

“Everything all right?” He asked, still not entering the domain she was claiming.

“Yeah, it’s fine,” Buffy replied, straightening up. The confusion on her face told him that something wasn’t right. He tilted his head and waited. Finally she spoke, “Um, the closet seems to be full with all your things. Is that another closet at the end of the hallway?”

Spike stepped back as if forcibly shoved. There was no breath in his lungs as he accepted that Drusilla wasn’t erased yet. No longer were her things scattered about the place, but yet she was still a presence there. Like the living, breathing woman who he’d both loved and abhorred, her memory dug deep into his soul. Only a few days ago he’d still wanted her company, hoping that one day he would understand why she stopped loving him.

Now, though, with his invitation to the light before him, Drusilla only tortured him. He wanted the door shut forever. Why hadn’t he ever taken the time to eradicate her from not only from the apartment but also from his heart? He could almost hear her laughter at not only his impetuous commitment to another, but also at the thought that this slip of a girl could replace the one who had understood the darkness of his soul.

“Spike?” Buffy asked. Her hand cupped his cheek and he opened his eyes to find her searching his face. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he said, leaning into her caress. It was soft and warm, reminding him that he didn’t have to give in to the temptations beckoning him to succumb. He pulled her close to him. “I’m sorry, Luv. It’s just…it’s another closet, but it still has Dru’s things in it.”

“Oh,” Buffy replied, pulling away from him, but not before he felt the stiffening of her body. “Do you want me to hang my clothes in the guest room then?”

She moved back to the bed where she gathered up a pile that she’d stacked there. It was the last of her clothing to be put away. Her eyes remained steadfastly locked on the carpet somewhere in front of his feet. For some reason he couldn’t decipher, it angered him that Buffy just expected for his first wife to be completely gone from his life. Sent away like an unwanted guest that had stayed too long. He snatched the clothing from her arms, pushing past her in order to get to his closet. He shoved his shirts aside before grabbing some hangers to start hanging her things.

“Bloody hell, woman,” he muttered to himself but yet loud enough for her to hear. “If I wanted you to be in the damn guest room I would have put you there. Is it too much trouble to just move this shit to the side?”

The slamming of the bedroom door was her answer to his tirade. While a spark of admiration flitted through him at her defiance of him, it also increased his anger. Spike stormed through the bedroom, following her down the stairs to the main room. She wasn’t in sight, and he stopped to try and find where she’d gone to. A sob revealed that she was in the dining room. He hurried to her side, remorse at his insensitivity moving him to be apologetic.

“Buffy, oh god, I’m sorry,” he whispered, dropping to his knees beside her. He tried to pull her into his arms but she resisted. “I warned you that I was an asshole the first night.” He sighed and brushed the curtain of her hair back so that he could see her face. “Everything it’s…I don’t know how to say it except that I do want you here.”

“Did I do something wrong that upset you?”

“Of course not, pet. You haven’t done anything wrong.”

“But…”

“Shhh,” Spike pleaded, kissing the corner of her mouth. “I’m just confused that’s all. It’s not you.”

“Promise?” she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck. “I only want to make you happy.”

“You do, baby,” he swore. “Forgive my badness?”

“Yeah,” she breathed against his lips. “I forgive you.” She kissed him then murmured, “Just don’t ever do it again.”

“Yes, ma’am,” he laughed, before kissing her again. She yielded to him in that way that drove him crazy. Her mouth opened at his request, letting his tongue tangle with hers. It was a sweet kiss that wasn’t filled with a lot of passion. More of a give-and-take moment that healed the rift he’d put between them. She sighed when he pulled away. “I’ll get the closet cleaned out as soon as I can. I promise.”

“No,” Buffy said, with a quick shake of her head. “I know that this thing between us didn’t really give either of us time to prepare for it.” She fiddled with a button on his shirt. “I know that you’ll deal with it when you’re ready.”

“I am ready to put the past behind me,” he declared, sweeping her off her feet and into his arms. “You’re the only woman I want in my life.”

The look of adoration in her eyes was all the inspiration he needed to slam his mental door on Drusilla. He’d never been the recipient of such heady worship from his dark princess like he was with Buffy. He knew that he walked a fine balance with his new wife. She was so innocent of the ugliness that filled the world. Yet, with such ease she was slaying the demons of his soul. It made him want to do anything to bring a smile to her lovely face.

He carried her up the stairs to their bedroom while she left a trail of kisses and nips along his cheek and neck. Her hand unbuttoned his shirt so that she could slip her hand in to explore his chest. Already he was hard from her attention. Intent on his need for her, Spike laid her on the bed and immediately followed her down. She was waiting with open arms to pull him on top of her.

Urgency filled them both as they pulled clothes away so they could caress skin heated from desire. Their kisses grew more passionate with each one that was interrupted from the necessity of oxygen. It was she that led him to her core, begging to be filled by him. He easily slid inside of her while she clung to him with arms and legs surrounding him.

“Make me yours,” Buffy begged, arching up to meet his thrust. “I want you so much.”

Spike slid to his knees, holding onto her bottom so that he could use more force as he fucked her. She watched him with wide eyes. Her fingers clutched the sheet beneath her while her legs tightened around his waist. They both panted as they writhed together toward fulfillment.

“You like this, pet?” Spike asked, pounding into her compliant flesh. “Am I your only one?”

“Yes, yes, the only one,” she screamed as an orgasm overtook her. “Oh, god, Spike…I’m yours.”

“No one else’s,” Spike said, grinding against her clit to prolong her pleasure. “Mine…,” he growled as his own orgasm hit. He collapsed on top of the woman who he hoped would make his dreams come true.

~~~~~


Sometimes things just didn’t go the way you planned it. No matter how much you thought your persona would do the deed alone. Xander shook his head as he recalled Spike’s defiant little wife standing up to him. It had taken a bit of acting on his part to ensure that Spike thought nothing of what had happened between him and Buffy. Xander was confident, though, that by the time he’d left Sanctuary, Spike was thinking that his intentions were only to protect his friend.

The bursting of his fantasy that he would be able to drive Buffy away easily had brought him to the one place he usually tried to avoid, his wife’s bedroom. Oh, he and Cordelia were great friends, two of a kind, and the sex was amazing, but yet, it was too much commitment to sleep in the same bed. Their relationship was one of perpetual dating. They both agreed it was more fun that way, plus when one of them found a lover outside the relationship, it wasn’t quite as messy.

“I can’t believe he just married this little twit after only two days,” Xander groused, before taking a long sip of his imported beer. He watched as Cordy moved around her room, disrobing until she was down to only a pair of red lace boy shorts. “She’s so…mousy.”

“Mousy? Or just not your type?” Cordelia asked, strolling into her bathroom. She proceeded to brush out her chestnut hair that grew almost down to her ass. “Because William is a very beautiful man and I can’t see him choosing someone ugly to spend his life with.”

“Okay, okay, she’s pretty…or even beautiful, but she’s naïve and has no clue of how to dress or act.”

“Sounds like someone I once knew,” Cordelia replied, flashing him one of her patent smiles. She sat on her small stool and reached for her body lotion to smooth on her legs. “Maybe in time she’ll learn,” she further commented with a shrug.

“It’s ridiculous,” Xander muttered, putting his beer down on the nightstand. “She’ll play him, embarrass him, and then he’ll have to pay out the damn nose to get rid of her.”

Cordelia laughed lightly. “Oh, come on, you’re just jealous. You just want all of William’s attention. After Drusilla was murdered, you stepped in and finally got to play the hero to him for a change. You don’t want to lose your spot in his life.”

“Whatever,” Xander said, scrunching down in the bed. Maybe a good rousing fuck with his wife would help to elevate his mood. He wasn’t sure though. He sighed because he knew she was right. With Buffy around, it meant less time that the two of them would have to hang out. “The little bitch didn’t even back down to my threats.”

“My darling,” Cordelia purred, coming to the bed to sit beside him. “If you come off as confrontational you’ll make him choose between the two of you. And at this point in their relationship you’ll lose.”

“So, what do I do?”

His wife would know how to handle this. She’d been the one to take a goofball that had always been outside of society’s circles and make him into the man he was today. She knew almost all of his secrets as he did hers. It kept the playing field even between them and a little bit more dangerous. Their reputations and status in Hollywood was everything to them so there was no chance either of them would blow it by being petty.

“Become her friend,” Cordelia said, pushing back the lock of hair that always hung on his forehead. “Be there to help her adjust to this new life, be supportive when she needs to talk, and direct her when she needs advice.” She smiled with the warmth of a snake as she let her fingers drift down his cheek. “There will be rifts between them that you won’t have to create. Too much difference between them for it to be easy for her to adjust and Will doesn’t have the patience to teach her especially if he gets caught up in one of his books.”

“I knew you would have the answer,” Xander beamed at his wife. “Poor little wretch won’t have a clue of how to deal.” He rubbed his hands together. “I’m sure it won’t take long until she is making a complete fool out of herself and Spike will be so embarrassed.”

“Plus, the fact that the more she knows Spike the rockier their relationship will be,” Cordelia added cattily. “Especially in the bedroom.”

“How would you know?”

“Don’t be jealous,” she reassured him with a pat to his hand. “Drusilla did like to talk about their sex lives. They both liked a little rough play to their foreplay.”

“Well, I’m sure she’s about as vanilla as they come,” Xander commented with a smile. He wondered if they were wrong, and it was the girl’s bedroom talents that had hooked his friend. He shook his head to dispel the thought of Buffy wearing leather and handcuffed to the wall. The thought may have left his mind but his cock responded to the mental image it had brought. “Maybe Spike wants a little sub for a change.”

“Maybe,” Cordelia whispered, cupping his erection. “I wonder how Giles handled the news. It had to be devastating to him, too.”

“He doesn’t know,” Xander replied, slipping her hand under his shorts so she could stroke his length. “He’ll have a fit that there is no pre-nup.”

“Oh, shit, how could Spike be so stupid?” Cordelia rolled over onto her back, grabbed the phone from its cradle. She gestured for Xander to come to her while she dialed a number. “Now, while you have to be all supportive, I can be the bitch.”

“And that’s why I love you,” Xander said, pulling her panties down her legs. He dropped them over the side of the bed before picking her leg up to leave a trail of kisses along her calf.

“Oh, hello, Giles,” Cordelia said. “I was calling to see if you and Jenny would like to come to Los Angeles this weekend?”

Xander lapped at the back of her knee, before running his tongue along her inner thigh. She slid a little further down in the bed.

“Well, to celebrate William’s nuptials, of course,” she said, letting her fingers run through Xander’s hair. “What do you mean you didn’t know?”

Xander pushed her legs apart, kneeling in worship before her pussy. It, like her legs, were never allowed to exhibit anything but bare skin. It just wouldn’t do for anything to be less than perfect on her body. He should know. The bills were astounding for her maintenance. He decided it was worth it though as he buried his tongue in her sweet honey.

“Oh, yes,” she said with a slight hitch that gave Xander a sense of satisfaction. “William was married to some girl named Buffy today.”

He latched onto her clit, while sliding his fingers deep inside of her.

“All right, I understand,” Cordelia stuttered. “Well, give me a call back when you have everything figured out.” She clicked off the phone, throwing it on the bed while arching against her husband’s mouth. “Jesus Christ, Xander, fuck me with that tongue of yours…”

Maybe it was going to be a good night after all.


to be continued…