Cordelia sat at the table with her husband sharing the celebratory dinner with the Summers family. Angel had come in first and in record time. She was proud of him, but still wanted his head served to her on a platter. She had dreaded the dinner, thinking Buffy would be there. She was surprised to hear that she was now with Spike Carpenter now, wondering how that ever happened.

She noticed how her husband's demeanor changed and snuck a glance over to where he kept trying not to stare. She felt her anger begin to boil as she noticed that Buffy had arrived in the company of Spike and a group of strangers. Before this night was over she and the little newly turned blonde was going to have a delicate discussion. Then she was going to lay down the law to her wandering eyed husband.

Faith noticed the change in Angel, and looked to see what had gotten him to chance his wife seeking vengeance. She knew that look of lust, and was surprised to see it directed at her sister, Buffy. She would do Buffy a favor and head this one off at the pass. She'd make sure O'Connor did nothing to bother her, it was the least she could do after earlier today.

Angel noticed Buffy walking in holding hands with the has been Carpenter. He felt he could not wait to seduce her and remind her, what it was like to have a real man in her bed.

"Look, Honey, its Buffy and Spike." Maggie said getting her husband's attention from the menu.

Hank glanced over at his wife and then turned see if Buffy had noticed them. The first thing he noticed was the fact that Spike treated her like a lady as he held her seat out as she sat down. He noticed the soft touches, the side glances, and occasional reassuring touches they shared. He was able to see just what it was his wife had been telling him, they were in love.

He looked over at Maggie and gave her an understanding smile as he told her, "As always my lovely wife you are right, its love."

Hank excused himself and stood to go over and say hello, making the first real attempt at making things better between him and his middle daughter.

Dawn shared a smile with her mother, for the first time she truly felt her whole family had a chance to heal. She was never so proud of her father as she was at this moment as she watched him make his way toward Buffy's table.

Hank noticed how Spike and Buffy both tensed up when it appeared Mr. Giles had warned them of his approach. He would make it short and simple and ask how she was doing.

"Excuse me, Buffy for interrupting I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Hank explained, as he noticed her anxious expression.

"I'm doing much better, thank you for asking." Buffy replied, relaxing just a bit having noticed the concern directed at her in his eyes.

"Hello, Spike, Mr. Giles, ladies." He addressed everyone at the table.

"Mr. Summers, may I introduce you to my wife Jenny, and our daughter, Dru." Rupert introduced his family, worried at the angry look on Spike's face.

Buffy looked at Spike and said, "Now is as good a time as any."

"That indeed it is, Luv." Spike agreed, giving his girl a reassuring smile.

"Dad." Buffy addressed him as she stood up. "I have some great news and I really do hope you will be happy for me."

Hank was not stupid man and noticed the smiles on everyone's faces and realized his daughter was going to tell him she was either getting married or moving in with Spike.

"I promise to keep an open mind." Hank said as he gave her what he hoped was an encouraging smile.

"Spike asked me to marry him and I said yes." Buffy said, waiting for her father to react in a not so good way.

Hank's face broke out in a huge smile as he pulled into a hug for the first time he could ever remember. "I'm happy for you, Buffy, I really am."

Buffy could not keep her tears from falling as she returned his hug with one of her own and said, "Thank you."

"Oh, Buffy, we have so much to talk about, but know this, I do love you. I think it will just take us time to work out all the things that was wrong on my part and get us to the good." Hank promised his daughter, feeling all the resentment he had misplaced falling away. "I'm sorry for everything and hope we can find balance."

Buffy shook her head yes, unable to speak at this time. Hank seemed to understand and leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "How about you come over and share the news with the rest of the family, or do you want me to tell them?"

She pulled herself together and was surprised when her father handed his handkerchief, "Don't worry it's clean."

She giggled as she used it to dry her eyes saying, "Thank you. I would love it if you'd escort me over so we can share the news." She said as she looked back at Spike.

She noticed he appeared angry, and understood why. But this was her family and if she had a chance to make it better how could she not. She reached out her hand toward her now fiancé hoping he'd stand with her and not against her on this.

Spike stood and took her hand as he pulled her toward him and said, "If we are going to do this, then we do it right."

Buffy's smile made him realize playing nice with the Summers would be worth seeing her smile like that again. He pointed to her neck hoping she take the hint. Spike smiled as she lifted her hair out of the way so he could remove the chain holding their ring.

She looked at her father and smiled, as Spike took the ring off the chain and placed it on her left ring finger again and explained, "It was his grandmother's and it's just a tad too big."

"I recommend The Magic Box if you are going to get it sized." Hank suggested, "They have the best workmanship around."

"I appreciate the info." Spike replied as he took his girl's hand, allowing her to lead the way.

Everyone waited for Hank to rejoin the table, with everyone having different feelings about the couple that was accompanying him.

"Everyone, it appears as if we have something more to celebrate other Angel's win." Hank said and then turned the floor over to his daughter and soon to be son-in-law.

Buffy suddenly felt shy, having Angel and Cordy glaring at her. She understood Angel hated her, but Cordelia had never acknowledged her existence before today.

Spike noticed the look in Angel's eyes and knew the man was lusting over his girl. He felt like going over and poking the Poofter's eyes out. Then at the same time he wanted to rub the gits face in the fact she was now his, Spike's girl, and be damned if anyone was going to take her away from him.

"I guess the only way to say this is me and Spike are getting married." Buffy quickly blurted out.

Dawn jumped up and ran over to hug her sister, "Oh, Buffy I'm so happy for both of you."

Buffy relaxed as she noticed that Maggie as smiling as well and waiting to give her a hug as well. She wondered what Faith would say, if anything, that would dampen the moment.

"Congrats, "B"." Faith said as she gave her sister a soft smile.

"Thanks." Buffy said as she returned the smile with one of her own.

Cordelia could see the couple was real. She realized she had nothing to worry about from Buffy's end, there was no way she was interested in Angel. The girl had not even paid attention to either her or Angel, especially her husband. The signs told her that Buffy was head over heels in love with Spike Carpenter.

"So when is the wedding?" Cordy asked.

"Friday of next week." Spike said, as he pulled his girl against him, letting the broody prick know she was his.

"That awful sudden isn't it?" Angel asked.

"Not soon enough as far as I'm concerned." Spike replied, as he nuzzled her neck. "Would marry her tonight, but she wants to have it here and invite friends and family."

"I just think Vegas doesn't say forever and is tacky." Buffy pouted. "At least for me."

"All in your hands, baby, would marry you in the middle of the cornfield if it made you happy." Spike purred.

"How about on the racetrack at the finish line?" She asked him as she leaned back so she could see his face.

"That would be so romantic." Dawn squealed.

"Yes it would." Maggie agreed.

"And so fitting for both of you." Faith agreed. "You both love the racing world, so why not."

Spike looked around and noticed the Summers family seemed to like the idea, and in fact his liked it as well. It is what brought them together. He would talk more about it with Buffy tonight. If it's something she would want to do, since it was her big day, he'd move Heaven and Earth to make it happen. He really didn't care where they got married as long as it soon and legal.

"It's worth thinking about." Buffy said, thinking she talk to Spike about it later. "But I think we need to get back to our table and order." She turned to her father, "Either way I would like it if you gave me away." She figured she'd offer and hope he'd accept.

Hank's eyes filled with tears when he heard her ask him to give her away. He took her hand in his and told her. "I would be honored to not give you away, but to walk you to the next step of your life."

Buffy hugged her father and kissed his cheek before she turned to go back to her table. She felt too emotional to speak. All she could think was it looked like she was going to have a father that loved her after all.

Spike gave Hank a serious look before he held out his hand to the man, "Let's start clean, the last thing I want is Buffy to be unhappy. I know deep down she loves you no matter what and if she is willing to give you a second chance, so am I."

Hank took Spike's hand and gave it a firm shake. "You’re a good man, Spike. I know you will treat her as she should be treated."

"Til the end of the world." Spike vowed.

Spike gave his future father-in-law's hand one last shake before he turned and followed his girl to their table. He knew he would be watching Hank and Faith closely. He would give them a chance, it didn't mean he fully trusted them, yet. Maggie and Dawn he truly believed cared for his girl, and had no trouble trusting them not to hurt Buffy.

*******

Buffy walked into the garage the next morning with a smile on her face that light up the room. She noticed Xander and Oz talking to a few of the guys that came the day after a race to help them clean up and go over the cars that get housed with them.

"What's the reason behind the toothpaste advertisement, Buffster?" Xander asked.

"Oh, good news and better news." She replied as she walked up to her best friend and lightly punched him on the arm.

"Hey, that hurt." Xander pretended to sniffle. "Gotta say I love the hair."

"Yeah, me too." Oz agreed.

"I have a big favor to ask you Xander." Buffy sighed, hoping he'd say yes.

"Anything that is within my power and Anya will agree too." Xander said giving her that lopsided grin of his that said he'd do it.

"I would like for you to be my man of honor." Buffy said.

"Man of honor, does that mean I have do defend you honor or something?" Xander asked, as he gave her a confused look.

"I think she is asking you to stand up as her honor person." Oz explained, having understood what Buffy was asking.

"Well you can't be my maid of honor now could you?" Buffy asked, trying not to laugh at memory that brought back to life.

"Don't even go there, either of you two." Xander growled as he gave them each a glare that dared them to say anything about that incident.

"I think you made a pretty woman." Oz snickered, causing both of his friends to look at him strangely. "Hey, it was a memorable occasion seeing Xander dressed as a woman and then made to strip down to the womanly unmentionables at the frat party."

"Oz, are you okay?" Xander asked, concerned. "I don’t think I have ever heard so many words come out of your mouth at once."

"Yeah, it's like your yearly quota in one minute." Buffy teased the normally quiet man.

"Wait, does this mean you are getting married?" Xander asked, as what Oz implied hit him.

"Yes, this coming Friday, here at the track." Buffy explained, "I want you and Oz to stand up with me, as well as Anya and Willow."

"Be an honor, Buffy." Oz answered as he walked over and gave her a big hug. "Spike?"

"Yes." She said.

"You and Spike, married after knowing each other 3 days?" Xander asked, the concern her felt inflected in his voice.

"I know it sounds like we are rushing it, but we both feel we found our soulmate." Buffy explained. "He completes me."

"Just as long as he knows I will kill him if he hurts you." Xander told her, and she was sure he was not joking.

"Listen, Dad gave me the next couple of weeks off, but if you need anything let me know." Buffy went on to tell them, "I will let you know the particulars as they come together. I'm off to find Anya and ask her, and then I'm stopping off to tell Willow."

"Get lost, Summers, Anya is over at the concession stand with Harmony right now." Xander said as he shooed her away. "Just don’t put Oz in purple, it's just not his color."

"I like purple." Oz said with his usual mono toned voice.

Buffy laughed at the funny look on Xander's face as Oz shared a wink and a smile with her. She waved goodbye as she went in search of Anya. Her plans if Anya agreed to help was to grab Willow and they go shopping for a Wedding dress.

*******