God, I can't believe you was shopping with that-" Harmony didn't get to finish before Anya interrupted her.

"Harmony, stop right there," Anya commanded, "I would appreciate if you did go any further with that statement. I do not have to explain to you who I decide to be friends with just so you know. I like Buffy, and I’m sorry I took so long to get to know her. I was a jealous blind fool for nothing."

"OHHHHHHHH! She had better stay away from Riley is all I have to say." Harmony fumed before she stomped her foot and walked toward the back coolers to get the sodas so she could stock the front coolers.

"I think it would be best if you told Riley to stay away from Buffy." Anya replied with a roll of her eyes as she turned to get back to counting the buns, so she would know how much they needed to order.

Buffy found Anya humming to herself as she was filling out the food order. She looked around to see if she saw Harmony, she so did not want to deal with that pain in the ass right now. She knocked on the cooler door to get Anya's attention.

Anya looked up and smiled when she noticed it was Buffy making the noise that frightened her just a bit as she acknowledged her, "Well, look who decided to come up for air."

Buffy blushed, knowing the innuendo behind her words as she replied, "Was wondering if I can take you to lunch and ask a favor of you."

Anya smiled as she asked, "What favor?"

Buffy's smile was radiant as she explained, "I'm getting married and was hoping you and Willow would like to help me pick out my dress today."

Anya's eyes grew wide as she dropped her clipboard and ran over and hugged Buffy saying, "Oh, wedding, I know weddings and love to help. I know just the place to go and we will stop at Lorne's and make sure he keeps that morning open for you. Let me just finish this order and we will be off, in the mean time call Willow so she can find a sitter and Oh, God this is so exciting."

Buffy laughed, you would think the other woman was getting married this coming Friday with how excited she was acting, "Okay, I will go and call Willow and you finish here. How about I meet you at Willow's?"

"Great, go so I can get back to work and I will be there, say, in no more then 30 minutes." Anya promised as she rushed back to pick up her clipboard. "Spike is one lucky man."

"No, I'm the lucky one." Buffy told her.

"No, honey I have to say both of you are very lucky." Anya said, as she thought of how much like a fairytale this was, with Buffy as Cinderella and Spike as Prince Charming.

"Hey, you and Xander are going to be married very soon." Buffy reminded her.

"Yes, and we have to get you fitted for your dress." Anya informed her. "Carmen said it was not too late to have you a dress made in time for the wedding. That is if you would do me the honor and be a part of wedding party?"

Buffy felt honored as she replied. "I would love to stand up at your wedding too. I'm glad we had this time to get to know each other better."

"Me too!" Anya said as she then shooed the girl away, "Now off with you, so I can get this done."

"Okay, see you at Willow's." Buffy giggled as she turned and left.

Neither of them noticed the angry blonde concession stand worker. Harmony stayed hidden and listened to Buffy as she announced she was getting married to Spike. It burned her that the little bitch was stealing her dream from her. She was supposed to be the one to marry a famous driver and life happily ever after. Not the little grease monkey who's Daddy didn't even care about her.

*******

Buffy had made it to her car, having parked near the garage, when she heard someone calling her name. She dreaded facing the person the familiar voice belonged too. The last thing she wanted was to talk to Riley of all people.

"Buffy, wait up, I really need to talk to you." Riley called out, thinking how great it would be to get her naked and in the back seat of her car.

Buffy reluctantly turned to face the man that gave lover a bad name. He had made her feel cheap and used by the end of their relationship. The one thing that loving Spike and being loved by him physically and emotionally had brought to light, was the fact Riley and Angel both didn't know the first thing about really satisfying a woman, let alone loving them.

"What do you want Riley?" She asked, her voice carrying with it an irritated tone.

Riley being Riley either ignored her tone or it had truly gone over his head as he came to stop just a little to close for Buffy's comfort. She tried to step back up but found her way blocked by her car, so she moved to the side.

"Come have lunch with me." Riley suggested as he moved closer, almost pinning her to the car.

Buffy reached up and placed her hands on his chest, and tried to push him away as she replied with a disgusted voice, "Get away from me. I would rather eat dirt."

"Baby, you don't mean that." Riley said his voice overconfident, thinking she was just trying to play hard to get.

"I mean it Riley. I don't want you touching me." She again tried with all of her might to push him away.

Riley pushed her completely up against the car, taking a hold of her wrists as he said. "Buffy, baby, you know you want me, so why fight it."

She could feel his erection pressing against her, but she could not raise her leg up to knee him. She turned her head in time, keeping his lips from touching hers. They ended up on the side of her head instead, but then she felt him lean toward her neck as she pleaded, "Please don't do this Riley, I don't want you. I'm with Spike now, and we're getting married."

"Bullshit, you belong to me now." Riley growled into her ear as he ground his hardness against her.

"I don't bloody think so," Spike decided to inform the bastard as he grabbed the man's shoulders with both of his hands pulling him off his girl and then pushing him against the car, placing a arm across the man's throat. "Don't ever come near her again, she told you not to touch and you did."

Buffy stood in shock as she watched Spike threaten Riley. She didn't notice at first her father's presence until he put his arm around her and pulled her close to him.

"Spike, let him go." Hank advised, "I will see that he is taken care of, he's not worth the trouble. Why don't you come and take care of Buffy."

Spike had his fist pulled back ready to knock the man's block off when Hank's words penetrated his blind rage. All it took was hearing his say, 'take care of Buffy', and all the fight drained from him. He backed away and then turned toward his girl and opened his arms to her.

Buffy ran to him and threw herself into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck and cried, "Just hold me, please, just hold me."

"I have you, baby." Spike's voice was gentle and loving as he held her close.

Hank walked over to where Finn was standing and gave the boy an evil grin before he raised his fist and cold cocked him in the face. He watched the younger man fall on his ass, before he took his foot and pressed it against Riley's crotch and warned him, "If I ever see you even look at either my daughters in a way I don't approve of I will crush these, do you understand me. In fact if you see them coming toward you, cross the street and walk on the other side, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir!" Riley mumbled, finding it hard to talk due to his jaw feeling like it was on fire.

"In fact why don’t you get out of Sunnydale and never come back." Hank offered as a suggestion with his look and tone of voice telling Riley that it just might be the best idea.

Angel watched quietly as he watched it all unfold. Spike had approached him and was about to have himself a little chat as he called it when they noticed Riley's attack on Buffy. O'Connor was sure that the bleached blonde was about to warn him away from Buffy. After witnessing Riley's blunder, he knew it was best to leave Buffy Summers the hell alone.

Spike opened his eyes and noticed Angel scrutinizing the situation and thought to himself he might not have to have that little talk with Peaches after all. Maybe this little kick the Riley killed to birds with one stone. It let both of Buffy's ex-poor excuses of manhood know not to come sniffing around her anymore.

"Want me to take you home, Kitten?" Spike asked as he continued to sooth her with his touch.

She shook her head no and said, "Meeting Anya at Willow's."

"Want me to drive you there?" Spike asked, thinking if he got her talking she might start to relax some.

She shook her head yes, as she said, "Going shopping."

"What for?"

"Wedding dress."

"Can I come?"

Buffy leaned back suddenly and glared at him and gasped, "I don't think so, its bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding."

"Well, I figure I should have some say since I'm the one going to take it off of you. Make sure it's not one of those dresses I have to find the secret hole and push the special button and all that rot." Spike continued to tease, never intending of going with her in the first place.

"No! You can't go. But I promise it will be simple, even for someone as clumsy as you to handle." Buffy teased back when she realized his tactic was to get her mind thinking about other things.

"Keep it up, Kitten and I will take you behind the bleachers and show you just how clumsy I can be." Spike playfully warned her, wondering if she knew they still had an audience. Which he didn't mind, he liked flirting with his girl and letting other alpha male types know she was taken.

"You are a perv." Buffy giggled as she leaned in to kiss him forgetting anyone was there.

Hank did his best to keep the smile off his face. He had noticed how Spike had directed a lot of what he was saying toward Angel. He had suspected his lead driver's interested in Buffy had inspired by her changed appearance, and he too would be having a special talk to O'Connor about avoiding his daughters. Whom incidentally he noticed slithered off like the snake he really was.

Hank cleared his throat, before he leaned down toward Riley. "Don't make me regret letting you leave here with no blood spilled today, do you get my meaning."

Riley's eyes grew big at Mr. Summers implied threat, his voice quivered as he replied, "No sir, you won't regret it, I promise."

"Good, now get the Hell off my property." Hank said as he removed his foot off Riley's personal delicate property.

Riley didn't hesitate as he quickly climbed to his feet and practically ran toward the parking lot where his car was parked. He made a hasty career choice to see about joining the Army since he was sure his racing career was over. There was no way Hank would not get him blackballed in retaliation for Buffy.

Spike and Buffy had heard her father clearing his throat causing them to end the kiss and direct their attention his way. Both was amused at how Hank was handling Riley and watching Finn squirm. Both were happy to see him run away like a whipped puppy with his tail between his legs.

Hank turned to smile at his daughter and laugh, "I am a real idiot for ever thinking I'd want him for a son-in-law. God, What was I thinking?" Hank said he shook his head.

Buffy gently pulled away from Spike and quickly walked over to her father and smiled, "Let's just say it was a different time and a different Hank Summers."

Hank opened his arms and felt a heaviness leave his chest when she walked into them. "No, it's because I thought I had lost you on the stairs that I realized how I transferred all my self hate onto you. It was so easy to blame you, cause it made it easier to look at myself in the mirror every morning."

Hank realized he hated himself for doing what he had done to Joyce. That after realizing he was in love with Maggie he continued to try and make his marriage work out of guilt. He knew that Joyce loved him, and he didn't want to be the one to break her heart. So finding out Joyce was pregnant after finding out he and Maggie shared a child, had killed any hope he might have of a future with the woman he loved.

When he should have picked up and loved Buffy when she was born, he distanced himself from her instead. Now he understood it was because he knew that in the end he was not going to stay. It was his way to protect him from feeling bad about leaving them. Blaming them made it that much easier to leave and not look back and helped block the guilt he felt.

"Now, I need to get back to work. I have a special meeting with Angel to iron out a few things." Hank gave his daughter an extra squeeze before letting her go, and sent Spike meaningful wink. "Nothing you need to worry about, since you are on vacation."

"Don’t forget rehearsal dinner on Thursday, just don't know where yet." Buffy reminded him with a scrunched up look on her face wondering where they would have it.

"How about we have it at O'Shea's?" Hank suggested, "we can rent out the back room and relax and enjoy ourselves."

Buffy walked back over and let her man pull her to his side. She thought about her father's suggestion and nodded her head yes, as she glanced up at Spike, "I think you would like it there, they have the best wings."

"Sold, can we have the reception there too then, you know how I love wings and things." Spike asked with an excited look on his face, knowing she was going elbow him.

"You are really pushing it, Buster." Buffy gave him a playful glare. "Daddy, I think you need to have a talk with him."

Hank chuckled, "On that note I think I will make my hasty retreat using the excuse of work."

"You do that, mate, while I attend to convincing my girl here the benefit of pleasing her man." Spike's laugh was short lived when he felt her mighty little elbow make contact, "Ow, careful with the merchandise, don’t need a bruised up groom now do ya?"

"I will talk to you later Dad, I have to set someone straight about something." Buffy said as she put her hand on her hip and shook her finger at her husband to be. "Listen, I love you but no reception in the bar. I think the banquet hall at the hotel is perfect."

"So do I luv, won't have far to carry you after we say goodbye to the guests." Spike replied as he kissed her lightly on her lips.

Buffy gave him a worried look as she whispered, "I couldn't get away from him." Feeling she could confess since her father was gone and they were now all alone.

"Oh, baby, I believe you would have found an opening and kneed him where it hurt. I have faith you would have taken him." Spike tried to reassure her and did believe she would have found a way to break free.

"All I could think of was how you would leave me if he'd forced me to, you know." Buffy tried to explain, her voice shaky as she told him her biggest fear.

Spike used his finger to lift her face up so she would look at him and said. "Sorry luv, you never would have lost me. Until death do we part and that will be when we are old and gray. No separate bed either, I will make love to you until I physically can't, but doesn’t mean I won't talk naughty."

Buffy blushed as she realized he was telling the truth, "I think I love you, and then you go and make me fall in love with you all over again."

"Get used to it, baby." Spike groaned as he leaned down to peck her on the lips. "Are you okay to drive, or do you want me to drop you off at Willow's?" He asked again, knowing she would decline the offer now that she was feeling more in control.

"I'm okay." Buffy reassured him as his cell phone rang.

Spike pulled out his phone and checked the caller ID before answering, "Hello." He said, not recognizing the number.

Buffy listened to the one-way conversation and pieced together Spike was talking to the jeweler.

"Great, I will be there to pick them up be the end of the day, and thanks mate for the speedy service. Oh, I will make it a point to tell him thanks as well." Spike said before he hung up the phone.

"Our rings will be done by the end of this business day." Spike informed her with a look of wonder on his face. "Seems your old man called in a favor and they did a rush job."

Buffy felt overwhelmed, her father was surprising her more and more. She was sure it involved guilt, but then again for him to feel guilty he must love her.

"Well, you had best be heading over to Willow's, Pet." Spike said to bring her back to focus. "I think we will have to do something really special for you Dad."

"I think we already did." Buffy said with a smile that lit of her face. "I, I mean, we, are giving him a second chance."

"I think you might be right about that, Luv." Spike replied as he walked her to her car and opened the car door.

"Love you, baby." Buffy said right before she got behind the wheel and put on her seatbelt.

"Love you too, Kitten. Buy something naughty to go under that wedding dress." Spike purred as he leaned down to kiss her goodbye.

*******

The week passed so quickly with wedding plans and house hunting. Now was the day Buffy and Spike had been anxiously waiting for, after today they'd be man and wife. They had found a wedding band to match perfect with her ring. Hers an antique silver band with a 1 caret diamond in the middle with a ½ caret on each side. Spike had wanted something bigger, but Buffy refused, saying the size of ring was not important, but how it felt on her finger was. All she had to do was tell him that it felt right, for him to agree happily with her.

His was a band was an interwoven gold and silver band, with a fine Celtic etching of the lover's knot encircling the band. Once he had seen it he knew it was what he wanted to represent his vow of forever. Like the chain their love would never be broken.

Spike stood at the finish line and watched the little tent they had arranged for Buffy to wait in. e HeHe He did not join the minister to await the Bridal march until she was safe and unseen inside the tent. She really did not want him seeing her until the music started and her father escort her to meet him. Giles and Wesley stood beside him, his father holding the ring until he needed it. His mother and sister sat in the front row with the Summers waiting for it all to begin.

He knew without being there how nervous his girl was. Last night was the first time they spent apart since meeting. He had found it close to impossible to fall asleep without her beside him cuddled close, keeping him warm. He wondered if she had the same problem.

*******

TBC

The next chapter will be the last of this story. I wish to thank everyone so far that has reviewed and encouraged me to continue to post it.