I wish to thank everyone that has reviewed. Most of all I wish to thank whenbuffysmiles and brat for inspirting me to finish and giving me the courage to post it. Especially Brat for turning me on to this site. This is the end and I hope you have enjoyed the ride. I don't think I will ever come close to writing anything like this again.....


Buffy's mind was a blur as she mentally checked things off her list. She had very little sleep, and was amazed how addicted she had become to having him beside her at night.

"Xander, you have the ring, right?" She asked, as she became more and more nervous something was going to happen to stop the wedding.

Xander rolled his eyes as he opened his mouth to reassure her when instead he said, "Oh my God, I must have dropped it since the last time you asked me five minutes ago."

Buffy eyes grew wide and felt her heart stop until his sarcastic tone sunk in. She gave him a glare that warned him not to do that again.

"I wouldn't do that again if I was you." Anya warned him, as she punched him in the arm.

"Hey, that hurt." Xander yelped, as he gave his fiancé a pout.

"That wasn't nice." Anya told him as she leaned up and kissed his cheek, "Now show her the ring and don't tease her like that again, Honey."

"Yes, dear." Xander mumbled as he pulled out the ring showing it to Buffy before putting it back before he did indeed lose it.

"Thank you, Xander." Buffy said as she gave him a soft smile.

"Okay, everything is in place." Oz announced before turning to Buffy and asking, "Ready to become Mrs. Carpenter?"

Buffy's smile lit up her face and took away some of the butterflies as she answered, "With all my heart."

Oz grinned as he gave the sign for Devon to start playing the Wedding March on his keyboard.

Hank offered his arm to his middle child and smiled proudly when she took it and they walked out of the tent behind Dawn and Connor walking together as a couple, then Oz and Willow, followed by Xander and Anya. Everyone had picked what they wanted to wear since Buffy had kept it all simple, nothing fancy.

Buffy's dress was antique white dress with a low back and a scoop neck. The hem came to right above the knee and the fabric flowed like silk. She wore her hair up in curls, with a crown of daisies and babysbreath mixed in the crown and some in her hair.

Spike stood in a pair of black dress pants and a white dress shirt with the two top buttons undone. He wore his hair slightly tousled just how Buffy liked it. He felt his heart race when the music started, knowing it signaled that he would officially be a married man very soon.

The vision was spectacular as she emerged from the tent. To Spike she looked like an angel walking toward him. The significance of her wearing the daisies where not lost on him. The dress was just as she promised, simple but elegant and would be easy for even someone like him to remove it.

Buffy knew only seconds was passing, but it felt like an eternity as her father escorted her toward Spike and their future together. From this day forward they would be a family, and if her suspicions where true it would be an expanding family before their nine month anniversary.

Spike wanted to pull the minister and meet his girl half way, time was passing too slow for him. He wanted nothing more then to hear the minister pronounce them man and wife and you may now kiss the bride. Then he wanted the reception to move along, so he could acquaint himself with his wife.

Hank smiled as he and Buffy reached the finish line and he handed Spike his daughter and said, "I trust you to care for her for the rest of your days."

Spike accepted Buffy on his arm and reached out with his free hand to shake his soon to be father-in-law's hand and reply, "I will love and honor your daughter until the day I die, sir."

Hank nodded his approval as he returned the handshake before stepping back so he could go and sit with his wife. He knew Buffy was safe, and he had nothing to worry about as long as she had Spike in her life.

"Hello, Cutie." Spike whispered before he and Buffy turned to face the minister.

Buffy replied with a smile and a squeeze of her hand as she turned her attention to the minister. She did not want to mess anything up; she wanted it to be perfect when they gave their vows.

Before either one of them knew, it was time for Reverend JW Whistler to pronounce them man and wife. Before everyone present Spike did just want the minister said, he kissed his wife. Everyone applauded and well wishes shouted as the couple continued to kiss, lost in their own little world for the moment.

"Hello Mrs. Carpenter." Spike greeted his wife once they came up for air.

"Hello Mr. Carpenter." Buffy sighed, as her tears slipped down her cheeks. She never thought this would happen to her. But it did, standing here in her wedding dress kissing her loving husband having her biggest fantasy come true. That being she had found the man she loved and he found her as well something she was sure was never to be.

Spike leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Let's make them leave and you and me finish what we started up in the bleachers."

Buffy giggled as she replied, "Keep that thought handy, baby. I see it in our future, I'm thinking it would be a nice anniversary present."

"Just as long as you wear those coverall's so I can watch you wiggle out of them like last time." Spike chuckled.

"Just for you, but with nothing else under them is what I'm thinking." Buffy replied as she waggled her eyebrows and curled her tongue between her teeth.

"I say, I could use a drink." Wesley said loud enough to get the newlyweds attention. "There are some wonderful refreshments waiting for us back at the hotel."

"I hear ya, Mate." Spike playfully grumbled, "Fits with my plan, faster to feed you bunch the quicker I can take my wife and make marital bliss."

Everyone laughed as Buffy blushed, but pulled her husband by the hand and announced to the small crowd, "Yeah, just what he said."

Spike gathered his bride up into his arms and moved quickly to the limo that was waiting to take them to the hotel. His plan was to get some serious snogging in before getting to the reception. But it would seem his plan was foiled when Jenny, Giles, Wesley, Fred, Lilah, and Dru joined them in the limo.

Jenny's excuse, "What is a reception if the bride and groom are not present."

This caused every one to laugh, including Buffy, and Spike to offer his mother a wounded look. He had so wanted to snuggle with his wife. But, then again, after realizing they had the rest of their lives he enjoyed the ride with the seven of the most important people in his life right now.

SIX YEARS LATER

"Grammy," Nicki yelled, running toward Jenny as fast as her little 5-year-old legs would carry her.

Jenny looked on with pride as her granddaughter came charging across the yard, followed by her 3 year old brother Giles. "Oh my little precious darlings," she cooed as she dropped to her knees to welcome her little pride and joys.

Just, a few weeks short of Buffy and William's nine-month anniversary, lovely Nicole was born, kicking and screaming until they placed her into her father's waiting arms. Six months later, they buried Dru after losing her battle with her heart disease.

Nicki, was her granddaughter's nickname, her full name being Nicole Anne Carpenter and her brother Giles Henry. Nicki had been named after Dru, whose middle name was Nicole, and Anne since it was Buffy's and Buffy's mother's middle name. They named Giles after Rupert and Hank, making both men very proud.

Rupert joined his wife as he kneeled down so his lovely grandchildren could pounce on him, and he could hug them back. Nothing made him happier than when he visited his son's family. Since the day of Spike's wedding, he addressed the young man as his son.

"Grandpa," Giles said as he jumped into his grandfather's arms.

"How is my boy?" Giles asked as he placed a kiss on the top of his head. He really didn't expect an answer.

"Your boy broke the ceiling fan," Spike told his father as he came to welcome his parents.

"He did what?" Rupert asked, not believing a three year old could so such a thing.

"Thought he was Tarzan and tried to swing on the vine." Spike tried to look angry as he said this, all the while fighting to keep from laughing.

"Like father, like son," was all Jenny said as she looked down at the carbon copy of her son at this age. "I see looks are not the only thing you two share."

"Oh, now you tell me," Spike chuckled.

"How's Buffy?" Jenny asked.

"Oh, waddling about, giving me orders," Spike said as he pointed over at his very pregnant wife as she was giving everyone instructions.

"How many children are you two planning on having?" Jenny asked.

"I left it up to her," Spike replied. "Told her when she didn't want anymore, then I didn't either."

"You could end up with enough to make your own soccer team," Giles teased.

"Fine by me," Spike said as he watched his girl move with such grace for one in the family way. If he had his way, she'd stay pregnant, not because it kept her in her place, but because that was when her beauty was most breath taking.

Hank was at the grill, taking care of the food. It had taken some time, but eventually, he and Buffy worked out their problems, and since then, he was a very attentive father and grandfather. Maggie and Buffy had gotten close as well.

Faith had settled down at last. She had shocked everyone when she started dating the high school principal Robin Wood. No one cared he was black, for he brought a sense of peace and happiness that made Hank's oldest very happy and content. The man tamed what everyone had come to believe was untamable. They had been married for one year and were expecting their first.

Dawn and Conner ended up married. Both became very involved in the racing scene, both being well-respected drivers. Dawn's career was going on an indefinite hold since they decided to start a family of their own.

Xander and Anya sat with Willow and Oz at the picnic table, talking and watching their children play. Xander and Anya had two and had decided that was enough for them to handle. Willow and Oz had two as well, and a third one on the way. In fact, Willow and Buffy were due around the same time, both expecting boys.

Angel had crashed and burned in his marriage four years ago, and now was a divorced man, working at Home Depot. When Hank and Giles became partners, the first thing Spike recommended was for Angel to be fired. It seemed it was too expensive to pay him as well and to keep fixing his cars.

Riley’s life terrible turn on a more personal level- last year, he died of AIDS. It seemed his extracurricular activities came with a hefty price in the end. Unfortunately, Harmony ended up being one of his victims since she didn't protect herself, even after knowing he was cheating on her. She was HIV positive, now living in LA with her father.

Buffy, being eight months pregnant, waddled over toward her in-laws. "Jenny, Rupert, I’m so glad you could make it."

"We would not miss this for the world. Wesley and Fred will be here with their brood very shortly." Rupert leaned over and kissed his daughter's cheek.

"It will be great to have us all together to celebrate her life." Buffy patted his cheek as she smiled up at him. "For she will not be forgotten for as long as I live."

"You are so right," Jenny said as she hugged her daughter of 6 years. "I'm so happy William found you."

"I second that," Spike said as he blew a kiss to his wife, causing her to giggle.

The only thing Dru had asked for before she died was that they remember her on her birthday. No matter where she was, that on the day celebrating her birth, those that love her would band together to remember her on that day. So they had made it a tradition to have a gathering of friends and family on Dru's birthday to celebrate her life and rejoice in what they have now.

Spike walked up behind his beautiful wife, whose roots were showing, but he didn't care. "You are my life, and I find myself falling in love with you more and more everyday that I'm with you."

Buffy leaned back against him and replied, "You are saying that so you get laid tonight."

"I get laid every night, and sometimes twice in the mornings," Spike chuckled as he nuzzled her neck as his hands spread out across her expanding tummy and was rewarded with a kick. "Have I told you that you are the best thing that every happened to me?"

"Hey, you stole my line, mister," Buffy sighed as she pressed her bottom against him started to rock to the music.

"Buffy, what if I told you I wanted to race one last time?" Spike asked, wondering how she would react.

Without skipping a beat or hesitation, she answered, "When and where?"

Spike smiled as he nibbled her neck, "Maybe next year, maybe never."

"I'm behind you no matter what, baby." Buffy turned so she could look up at him. "I will not hold you back from your dreams."

"So far, baby, you've made my dreams come true," Spike replied as he leaned down and kissed her with the same passion as on the first day he kissed her. He would never risk what he had now to take on driving again. He had too much to lose, but it felt good to know she would have been there for him if he had chosen to drive again.

Hank watched as his middle child and her husband cuddled. Over the last few years, he took the time and got to know Buffy and found he was very proud of her and indeed did love her very much. Once he worked out all the anger and frustrations that all came down to being because he made poor choices, he had been able to open his heart and accept he cared more than he realized about his middle daughter.

"Okay, everyone, a toast," Jenny said since everyone had arrived. Wesley and Fred and their two were seated at the table with Giles.

She looked over at her son and his wife and knew how truly blessed she was. Dru had told her before she died that everyone would live a long and happy life. Spike and Buffy would have six children and would live to be very old. Spike would be the first to move on, with Buffy following shortly after. When it came time to talk about Giles and herself, she had asked for Dru not to tell her. She knew by telling her William lived to be very old that he would out live his mother, and that was all that was important. For she could not bury another child, and neither could Rupert.

It brought tears to her eyes as she gazed at all the children gathered there today who would carry on this tradition of celebrating death with life. These beautiful creatures were the future, and she wanted them to understand that with death, it does not mean the end, but the beginning of something more. She wanted them to believe in the here after, and that it was a wonderful place, because that is where her daughter was now.

"To Dru, may she be looking down upon us with a smile on her face and laughter in her heart. For one day, we will see her again, and when we do, we will keep a place for those we hold near and dear in out hearts for when they join us there as well." Jenny lifted up her cup. "Cheers."

Everyone lifted their cups and bottles and repeated after her, "Cheers."

Up on the Heavens, two women stood side by side. "I did as you asked of me."

"And you did a wonderful job," Joyce said as she put her arm around the dark-haired angel. "She is so happy, it makes my heart so full it feels like it's about to burst."

"She is his sunshine, how could I not wish it to be so?" Dru leaned her head against her mentor's shoulder. "They make each other very happy."

"Yes, they do," Joyce agreed. "You did well."

"No, we did well," Dru corrected her.

Both of them stood and watched as Spike and Buffy kissed before separating to move around to check on their guests and make sure the children were okay. Buffy peeked up at the blue sky and sent a wave. She knew in her heart that her mother had greeted Dru in heaven- why else would Spike's sister whisper "Joyce" right before she passed away? She had been the only one to hear it, since Dru had taken her last breath as Buffy placed a kiss on her forehead.

The End.