"Don't worry, luv, they are going to like you," Spike reassured her as he waved at the two men waiting for them at the corner table.

"If you say so," Buffy said but not believing it for a minute. She was sure either one or both men would find her not worthy.

Giles noticed right way she was nervous about meeting them. From a distance, she seemed plain, no defining beauty he could notice. As they grew closer to the table, he noticed how lovely she truly was. Her look was natural, wearing no makeup what so ever.

Wesley noticed how Spike continued to touch her. He noticed the look that passed between them that told him whatever was going on, it was mutual. The closer they got, he noticed what had attracted Spike to the girl. She had an aura of innocence, and she had natural beauty that would be intensified if placed in the right hands.

Both men stood when she arrived to the table, causing her to blush, winning the two men over, no questions asked. "Giles, Wesley, may I introduce you to Miss Buffy Summers." Spike introduced everyone, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"May I say the pleasure is mine," Giles said as he gave the young woman a reassuring smile.

"As it is mine, as well," Wesley agreed, reminding himself to tease Spike later on about his splendid introduction.

"Thank you." Buffy acknowledged the compliments and allowed Spike to assist her to sit.

The men followed suit, and Giles knew then and there he was going to be a very proud father-in-law one day. "I'm very happy you decided to join us."

"Thank you for having me," she replied as she started to relax. They seemed to be very nice men.

"So, what are you drinking?" Wesley asked the couple as he stood to go over and order from the bar.

"I'll take a Coke, please," Buffy requested, feeling embarrassed to be at a bar and ordering a soft drink.

"Make that two, mate." Spike added his as well.

"I'll have a scotch on the rocks, please," Giles ordered.

"Be back in a jiffy,” Wesley said as he turned to make his way to talk to the bartender.

"Spike tells me he is impressed with how the garage is set up." Giles decided to break the ice and talk about something she would feel comfortable talking about.

"We try very hard to keep it tip-top," Buffy said, feeling comfortable talking shop. "It took us awhile, but we are up to date and can compete with any other garage on the circuit."

"Who is your head mechanic?" Giles asked, wondering just how much she was involved in the running of her father's operation.

"Well, that falls between me and Xander really," Buffy said, wondering if he would think less of her knowing she was one of her father's mechanics.

"Really, you work on the cars yourself?" Giles asked, looking at her intrigued that she did, no sign of being disgusted about it.

"Yes, Xander and Oz say I'm a natural under the hood," Buffy said, liking this man more and more.

"How exciting that must be to help make sure the cars run their best," Giles said in awe. "Did you ever want to drive?"

Buffy's face lit up as she shook her head yes. "Oh yeah. I would love to get behind the wheel one day and drive across the finish line. Don't care if I win, just care that I finish."

"Know the feeling, pet," Spike agreed. He knew then he had met the one for him. Someone that shared his love of driving. "Maybe one day we will suit you up and see what you can do."

Buffy's face lost that happy look. "Don't think that will happen- my father has already said I can't drive for him."

"Well, things can change, Buffy," Giles said to reassure her. "But that is for another day."

Wesley rejoined them, handing out everyone's drinks. "I say a toast is in order."

"Here, here," Giles agreed as he raised his glass. "To dreams, may they all come true one day."

"To dreams," Wesley repeated as he lifted his glass.

"To dreams," both Spike and Buffy said at the same time, each thinking of the other as four glasses clinked and the toast was completed.

Giles and Wesley relaxed and enjoyed the young woman's company as the couple enjoyed the time spent with everyone. Both men left the bar after two more toasts, feeling happy. Buffy had wormed her way into their hearts, one as a daughter, and the other as a future wife to one of his best friends.

*******

Xander and Oz sat and watched as their women danced to the new dance craze. They had done everything they could with Angel's car before they decided the rest could wait until tomorrow. Anya and Willow kept whispering and giggling on and off since arriving at the Bronze.

"I think our women are up to something," Xander proposed to Oz, who just nodded his head yes. "I have a feeling it's something big."

Oz knew what it was they were planning but had been given strict orders not to tell a soul. He knew if he told Xander, the jig would be up, and Buffy would run for the border, and Willow would divorce him.

"I think you know what is going down, my bestest and dearest friend," Xander said as he gave the man a knowing look. "But then that would mean speaking a full sentence or two, and that just wouldn’t be like you at all."

Oz just sat in his chair, fighting to keep from smiling. He figured they would spend the evening with Xander, grilling him with questions and him not responding. It went that way anytime the man thought he was being kept out of something.

Willow looked over at her husband and could tell that Xander was giving him the third degree. It was so funny how her husband didn’t have to say a word and she knew what he was thinking. She turned her attention back to Anya and her plan to give Buffy her rendition of 'Extreme Makeover'.

"So, you have everything set up with Lorne, right?" Willow asked.

"Yes, he knows exactly what it is he wants to do," Anya confirmed. "He says he has been trying to talk her into going blonde for forever. He has someone ready to do a facial with thinning out her eyebrows and working on makeup. He is doing her hair personally, and he arranged for her a pedicure and a manicure with deep oil therapy on her hands."

"God, this is going to be fun," Willow giggled. "Tara is staying at my parents this weekend."

"Great, then you and Oz can have unlimited sex and make her a brother or a sister," Anya said as she leaned forward and shook her finger at the redhead.

"Just think, in 3 months, you and Xander will be married and you can start making your own babies," Willow said as she shook her finger back at the brazen woman she had come to like very much.

"Spike will not know what hit him," Anya surmised. "I don't trust Harmony not to try and make some waves, but I can deal with her."

"I sort of feel sorry for her, with how Riley is treating her." Willow attempted to not totally dislike the girl.

"She made her bed, she allows him to walk all over her." Anya refused to make excuses for the woman. "When she ends up dying because he gave her AIDS, well, she only has herself to blame for still having unprotected sex, let alone sex at all with the bastard."

Willow sighed. "I know, but love is a funny thing."

"She does not love him- she just wants a driver with a name, and she thinks Riley is the one that will do it for her," Anya explained her thoughts on the Harmony/Riley situation. "So, now she sees Buffy with Spike and fears that Buffy will steal her dream."

"Wow, did you ever think of going back and getting your degree in Psychology?" Willow asked.

"No, do not want to have my happiness brought down by all those depressed mentally challenged people," Anya said, her honesty at times brutal. "I like making money, but not by trying to cure the ill of the world."

Willow realized that Anya would not be the most tactful therapist and most likely would lose her license on her first day at work. "I take it back, don't know what I was thinking."

Anya laughed. "I don't know what you were thinking either."

"Well, well, look what the cat dragged in," Xander said loud enough that the others looked over where he pointed.

They noticed Buffy holding hands with Spike Carpenter. Anya wore a smug grin, having noticed how close the couple was standing to each other. She could not help but think that they had just had sex or would do the deed before the night was out.

Willow noticed how they looked at each other before finding a table and taking a seat. She could see the connection between the two as she looked at her husband and nodded her head yes, letting him know she agreed with his assessment. Oz had told her he felt the surge of energy between Spike and Buffy.

*******

Buffy felt nervous, wondering who was here tonight that might give her a problem. She was sure if Riley, Angel, or Harmony was here tonight, they would be making their presence known. Regret was the word of the night- she regretted bringing Spike here on their first date.

"What's wrong, pet?" Spike asked as he leaned down so she could hear him over the music.

"Would you be mad if I asked if we could go somewhere else?" she asked.

Spike leaned closer. "Wouldn't mind one bit, luv."

Buffy smiled as she stood up and took his hand and led him out of the club. Once outside, she turned around to tell him where she'd like for him to take her when she heard her name being called.

"Buffy, Buffy Summers," Riley called out, his voice slurred, as he started to approach her. "Hey, baby, how about you and me find the backseat and reminisce about the old days."

"Shut up, Riley," Buffy said through gritted teeth, blushing at the insinuation of his words. "Harmony I'm sure is waiting and ready as always."

"But no one made a man-" Riley never got to finish his sentence before he was punched in the face.

"God, Riley, you are such a bastard," Buffy yelled. She was so pissed she didn't notice at first the pain in her hand from hitting him.

Spike stood ready to defend his girl if the drunk son of a bitch tried to hit her back. He felt jealous as well that this poor excuse of a man had even touched his girl. He could see how embarrassed she was and decided to make sure she understood he did not think any less of her. In fact, he was impressed and reminded himself never to piss her off.

"New fuck toy there, Buffy?" Riley asked, his tone full of innuendo.

"No toy here, mate," Spike answered the question himself with a cocky grin as he wrapped his arms around the petite little spitfire pulling her against him.

Riley squinted as he took a closer look at the blonde male that Buffy was leading out of the Bronze. "Hey, you're Spike Carpenter."

"What about it?" Spike replied, his right eyebrow cocked up.

"What are you doing with someone like her? I would think Faith, her sister, would me more your league," Riley snorted, giving Buffy a disgusted look. "Unless Daddy is paying you to be with her."

Spike glared as he pulled her closer against him. "Sorry to disappoint you, but didn't much care for Faith, and Daddy has nothing to do with this." Spike emphasized by leaning over and placing a loving kiss on her neck.

Riley watched as Buffy melted against Spike feeling jealous she had never acted like that with him causing him to say. "I can attest to she’s not all that, no fire or passion."

"Could be you just don't know how to make a woman scream," Spike replied, giving him a wink. He chose not to embarrass Buffy any further and remind Captain Cardboard he was the one asking for sexual favors just a few minutes ago.

"Oh, I know how, and I know how she is like wood in bed," Riley said. "I've never had any complaints."

"Let's go, luv," Spike purred in her ear. "I hate when a man blames his partner when he can't deliver the goods."

Buffy forced a smile, feeling her tears threaten to fall. She was sure Spike was only defending her from Riley to save face. There was no way he would still be interested in her after hearing Riley's glowing report on how bad she was in bed.

"You will find out if you take the Buffy challenge," Riley called out as he watched Spike lead Buffy away with his arm snug around her waist.

"Buffy, on the bleacher, I could feel the passion. I could feel the heat, baby," Spike purred in her ear. "I will make it so good, baby, you will scream my name."

"But what if I don't do it for you? Make you scream my name," she whispered, suddenly shy.

Spike turned and pulled her against him in the middle of the parking lot. "Kitten, I will scream your name right after you scream mine. That is a promise."

Buffy's arms automatically wrapped around his neck. "He wasn't lying- it was why I stopped dating all together. Until today, I swore I was frigid."

"The woman I was snoggin' today was hot, passionate, and sexy," Spike said as his hands roamed down and cupped her backside. "This is what you do to me, baby." He pulled her pelvis closer to the point she could feel a firm bulge cradle against her.

"Spike!" she said right before his lips claimed hers.

Riley stood shocked as he watched Buffy respond to the other man's kiss. It looked as if they were having sex with their clothes on. She had never kissed him back like that and never moved herself against him the same way, either.

Buffy had never felt this warm, this hot. No kiss had ever made her forget where she was as her hands played with his soft hair while practically having sex in the middle of the Bronze parking lot.

Spike knew if he didn't stop soon he was going to be taking her over to the dark alley and introducing her to alley sex. He knew there was a lot he was going to teach her, and he was the right man for the job.

He reluctantly pulled back and rested his forehead against her. "God, you make me forget everything and everyone. You intoxicate me with your beauty and innocent passion that you consume me."

Buffy heart swooned hearing his words and fell for him all over again. She was about to kiss him again and be damned the consequences until her stomach growled.

Spike chuckled as he said to her. "I can see if I want to have my way with you, I’m going to have to feed you."

Buffy tried to suppress her giggle as she replied, "Yeah, I didn't really get to finish my lunch."

"Then you choose where you want to go eat, and let's go and feed you, luv." Spike told her as he took her hand in his, leading her to his rental car.

"Spike, don't break my heart," Buffy whispered. "If this is a game, please walk away now."

"No game, this is real," Spike reassured her. "Forget those fools from your past."

"My father wants you for Faith, so be prepared to have him flaunt her," Buffy warned him, still insecure with how he had been looking at her sister's chest breasts.

"Don't worry, I can handle your father," Spike said as he opened the passenger door. "As for Faith earlier, I swear it meant nothing. Just she was advertising, and I couldn't help but notice, but I swear I never thought of touching or sampling the merchandise, honest."

Buffy heard the sincerity in his voice and how it reached his eyes as he looked straight into her eyes. "For some reason, I believe you," she replied and believed he truly meant what he said.

"Good, cause right now, I just want the rest of the night to be about us," he reassured her before he shut the door after assisting her inside the car. He then walked around to get in on the driver's side.

"Alright, I love food, so tell me where you would like to go," Spike asked as he reached over and tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"There's a diner just down that road whose specials are pretty good," Buffy suggested as she leaned into his hand.

"This diner have a name?"

"Rosie's."

"Then Rosie's, here we come," Spike winked and he reluctantly pulled his hand back and used it to turn the ignition.

Buffy smiled happily, even knowing she had broken a promise to herself. She again had gotten involved with another racecar driver, something she had vowed never to do again. Even if he was retired, it wasn't because he wanted to retire- he had done it for his sister.

*******