Hank sat in the chair in the living room that faced the front door. He looked at his watch, noticing it was only 5 minutes past the time he'd checked it earlier. It was now four in the morning, and Buffy still hadn't returned home. He had driven earlier by the garage, thinking she had had Spike drop her off there so she could work on Angel's car.

"Honey, you need to come to bed," Maggie said as she shook her head at her husband’s bizarre behavior. "I think it's safe to say she is not coming home tonight."

"The slut, she just met him," Hank growled.

"Hmmm, gee, is that what you thought about me the first night we met?" Maggie said, the anger evident in her voice. "If I remember, we slept together the first night we met."

"That's different," Hank glared at his wife. "This is about Buffy and her acting inappropriate with a possible business associate."

"I think she is more like her father than you or her realize," Maggie went on, feeling the urge to walk over and smack that hard-headed man's face. "I think she, like her father, is right were she wants to be right now. I just think she will do what her old man couldn’t at the time."

"Yeah, what's that?" Hank asked, wondering where she was going with this.

"She isn't married, so she can be with him- no guilt, nothing keeping her from being with him," Maggie said as she smiled sadly before turning around and going back to their bedroom.

Hank knew he'd unintentionally hurt his wife, and it was all Buffy's fault. He cursed his middle child as he stood to follow his wife to make amends for being an insensitive jerk to her just now. He would make Maggie understand he never thought of her as anything other than the woman he loved with all of his heart since the first time he laid eyes on her.

********

Buffy woke to the feel of fingers gently combing her hair. She smiled when she heard him take a deep breath as if he was memorizing her scent. His body was plastered against her so close she could feel him breathing. She could also feel another part of his body that by the feel was wide-awake as well.

Spike kept himself busy with memorizing everything he could about her as she slept. He had found himself awake and unable to go back to sleep after taking care of his personal needs in the bathroom. Upon his return, he had sat on the bed and watched her sleep.

"Hmmm, you’re better than any alarm clock," she murmured as she turned around to face him.

"Yeah, no obnoxious blaring to scare you awake, and all that," he chuckled as he gave her space to turn toward him.

"So, tell me what time it is, my personal clock man?" she asked as she opened her legs slightly, giving him access to her center.

"Time to wake my girl right and proper it is," he purred as he gently pushed two fingers up inside her, using his thumb to stimulate her clit.

"Oh, nice wake up technique you have there," she moaned as she started to move in time with his hand.

"That's just the appetizer, kitten,” he groaned as he added a third finger, when what he really wanted was something else in their place, making her moan and cry out for more.

Buffy moaned as her hand trailed up his hard-working arm until it came in contact his neck. "Kiss me, fuck me."

"Yeah, baby, love it when you tell me what you want," Spike groaned as he rolled her onto her back and followed her commands.

*******

Faith opened Buffy's door and noticed the bed was unmade, telling her the grease monkey had not come home last night. "Well, who would have thought little Miss Mouse would be such a loose goose."

"What are you talking about?" Dawn asked her sister, wondering what Faith was doing looking in Buffy's room.

"Little Miss Buffy didn't come home last night," Faith said as she shut the door and winked at her little sister. "Looks like Buffy got lucky, or we got lucky and she got hit by a bus."

Dawn glared at her oldest sister. "That wasn't nice, and you know it. Take it back." Another illusion ripped to shreds as her idol showed her true colors. Like Buffy had said, Faith was ugly on the inside.

"I will not. Damn, Dawnie, what the hell has gotten into you?" Faith asked as she took a closer look at her little sister.

"Just I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to Buffy, and what you said was very ugly," Dawn said as she stood glaring at Faith with her arms across her chest. "So take it back."

"Sorry, munchkin, no can do," Faith said flippantly as she turned to go downstairs to see if her parents were awake so she could tattle-tale on sweet Buffy, the new ho-bag in the family.

Dawn felt the need to hit something. Ever since she learned a few hard truths about her dysfunctional family, her views on Buffy had began to change. Buffy had never lied to her or said anything mean or malicious about this family, whereas dear old Dad and Faith said nothing but bad things about Buffy. Her mom didn't say anything good or bad about Buffy, almost treating her like she just didn't exist in her world.

*******

Buffy laughed as Spike kept begging her not go out with her friends but to spend the day with him. She knew he was half-joking, knowing he had some business to take care of as well.

"Tonight, you and me and dancing," Buffy said as she led him to her door.

"Oh, we will be dancin', that's for sure," Spike said as he tilted his head with his tongue curled behind his teeth as he undressed her with his eyes. "Have I told you I love how you dance?"

Buffy blushed at the innuendo as she shook her head yes. He leaned in, taking her mouth with his and plundered her moist heat with his tongue. The couple didn't notice when the door opened or the young girl who stared at the them in awe.

Finally, Dawn cleared her throat. "Excuse me, shouldn't you both get a room?"

Buffy pulled back quickly, embarrassed that her younger sister had caught her acting like this. "Dawn, Spike. Spike, my sister Dawn," she introduced them quickly.

"Hello, Dawn," Spike acknowledged the younger sibling as he wrapped his arm around his girl. He was not going to let anyone get any wrong ideas here.

"Spike Carpenter, loved to watch you race," Dawn smiled as she reached out her hand in offering.

"Glad to hear it," Spike retuned the smile as he accepted her small hand in his briefly.

"But I will kick your butt if you hurt my sister." Dawn's smile remained pleasant as she gave her warning, but her eyes expressed how serious she was.

"No need for that, pet. I do appreciate it, though," Spike replied, giving her a playful wink, reassuring the younger Summers. "I don't plan on hurting her at all."

Buffy was shocked at Dawn's defense of her. The young girl had never shown her much in the way of sisterly care before. She found all she could do was look at her sister with a look that said, 'okay, what have you done with my sister?'.

"Look, I will let you guys get back to smoochies, but beware- Dad is on the loose, and he's acting like a bear with buckshot in his hiney," Dawn warned her sister.

"Thanks, Dawn," Buffy thanked her as she watched her sister shut the front door.

"Want to come back to the hotel with me?" Spike offered. "You could call your friends to pick you up there."

"No, my father does 't scare me, Spike," she reassured him. "His bark is worse than his bite, I promise. Plus, I don’t think I want to go shopping in the same clothes I went out in last night."

Spike leaned in and kissed her lips, taking a deep breath drinking in how she smelled like him. "You smell like me, mine."

"Possessive much," she giggled. "I mean, I did use your shampoo and shower gel earlier."

"Yes you did, or should I say I used them on you?" Spike purred, feeling his cock harden as he remembered the shower they shared together. Seems last night and this morning, he was responsible for a few first times for her.

"What time can I expect you?" Buffy asked as she leaned to lay her head against his shoulder.

"Call me when you get back from your girl's day out," he suggested.

"Okay, I will call you," Buffy promised as they kissed goodbye.

Buffy stood and watched until she could not longer see him before she turned and opened the door. She knew she was going to get the fifth degree from her father. She was sure she was the reason he was acting like a grouchy bear with buckshot in his hiney, as Dawn said.

"Where the hell have you been?" Hank growled, barely keeping his temper under control as soon as she entered the house.

"I was with Spike," she replied as she turned to face her father's confrontation.

"So you slept with him like a little whore," Hank accused, knowing Maggie wasn't home to hear him tell his middle child just what he thought about her behavior. "He is a potential business partner, and your behavior could interfere with the future of that relationship."

"Oh, it was okay for you to push Faith at him, who would have bedded him within the hour," Buffy defended herself. "What me and Spike did or didn't do is none of your business."

"Then get your things and get out," Hank yelled, letting his anger get the better of him. "Do not ever talk about Faith like that again- she is ten times the woman you could ever wish to be."

"What, are you sleeping with your stepdaughter now?" Buffy accused, wondering why he always chose his stepdaughter over his own flesh and blood.

"Why, you filthy little bitch." Hank growled as he raised his hand to slap her.

"Hank, stop!" Maggie yelled as she moved to stand between her husband and his daughter. "Honestly, Buffy, why would you say something like that to your father?"

"Because it would explain why he prefers his stepdaughter over his real daughter," Buffy explained her reasoning as tears ran down her face. "Why don't you love me?" She finally asked the question she had wanted to ask for as long as she could remember.

"Because Faith is my daughter, my firstborn, and because of you and your mother, I could not be with them when she and Maggie needed me." Hank finally figured out why he didn't love her. "Your mother became pregnant to hold on to me because she knew I didn't love her anymore."

"You're lying," Buffy screamed. "And even if you’re not, you still participated in my conception, so you must not have hated her too much. Or was it she just caught you at a weak moment and you fucked her just for the hell of it?"

Hank watched as Buffy broke down in front of him. "So I'm nothing, never was and never will be. Is that what you are telling me?"

"Yes, and all you will do is drag Spike down with you," Hank answered her, thinking to himself that this was what he had been looking for. She would leave, and they would never see her again.

"Shut up," Dawn yelled as she moved to take Buffy in her arms. "Don't listen to him. All he has done is lie and then tell more lies."

"Dawn, go to your room," Maggie told her daughter, wondering how everything had gotten so out of control. She worried how all of this was going to affect her youngest daughter.

"No, I won't go to my room." Dawn rounded on her mother. "So what you are saying is that Dad was married to Buffy's mom and you two had an affair? You got pregnant with Faith, and Buffy's mom had Buffy. He left Joyce for you, and Faith and then I came along."

"Yes, Dawn that is what happened." Maggie decided to tell her youngest the truth. "We met and fell in love, I found out he was married and left. But he couldn't stay away, and he found me, and that is how it happened."

Everyone stood and looked at Dawn, seeing her anger and pain. "Dawn, it was complicated," Hank tried to explain.

"Yeah, complicated. Faith is really my full sister, not my half-sister. She's Buffy's half-sister. You both committed adultery, but dear Dad is going to judge Buffy for spending the night with an unmarried man. Who in this room is the last one that should be throwing stones?" Dawn asked as she shot her father an accusatory stare.

Hank turned and walked out of the room before he did something he would regret. The last thing the wanted to do right now was lash at his youngest in anger. Anger he blamed on Buffy.

Maggie had not realized her husband's hate ran so deep concerning his middle child. She knew he resented her birth at a time he had wanted out of his marriage. She should have been honest with Hank. She knew that Joyce had not gotten pregnant on purpose. The woman after five years of a childless marriage had believed herself to be unable to have children.

"Buffy, your mother did not get pregnant to try and keep your father," Maggie said as she looked over at the devastated young woman. "I know for a fact she thought she was unable to get pregnant, and she was a person that never believed anything bad about someone until she had proof. She might have suspected your father was cheating on her, but she didn't know for sure until after she found out she was pregnant with you."

"How do you know this?" Buffy asked as she wondered how this woman would know so much personal information about her mother.

"Your mother was my best friend," Maggie sighed. "We had kept in contact but had not seen each other for many years."

"So you reacquaint your friendship by stealing her husband?" Buffy asked sarcastically.

"I understand your anger, I really do," Maggie said as she continued to explain. "I did not plan on meeting your father before knowing who he was. I was Maggie, he was Hank, and it was the best night in my life."

"Why are you telling me this?" Buffy asked as her hands fisted and she wanted so badly to hit something.

"I look at you and Spike and see the same thing," Maggie whispered. "Don't let anything your father says come between you and your guy. Buffy, you have a chance with no real obstacles in your way. Grab him, hold on to him, and don't ever let him go," she encouraged her.

"And to settle this between us, I didn't know he was Joyce's husband until it was too late," Maggie told her. "When I did, I ran far away."

Buffy found she couldn't say anything. She turned to go her room to call Anya and Willow and tell them she was not going to be able to go out with them. It looked like she was going to have to find her a place to live.

"Buffy, don't pack your things just yet." Maggie asked, "Let me talk to your father?"

Buffy just nodded her head as she moved up the stairs. She was so lost in thought she didn't realize that Dawn was following her. When she got to her room, she reached to open her door when Dawn's voice stopped her.

"Please don't leave?" Dawn's voice sounded so lost. "I don't want you to leave, I understand if you have to, but I would rather you didn't."

"And how am I supposed to face him again?" Buffy asked, unable to call him her father again.

"Just like always, ignore him," Dawn reasoned. "I'm sure he will ignore both of us for a while anyway."

Buffy turned and noticed for the first time the tears running down Dawn's face. "Oh, Dawn, I'm so sorry you had to be a part of this. I would do anything for you not to have been witness to all of that."

"No, I'm glad. I needed to know the truth and what better way than to hear it from the horse's mouth," Dawn explained as she moved to hug her sister for the first time since they were children. "I do love you, Buffy, I really do. I just didn't realize it until now."

"I love you too, Dawn," Buffy said as she then promised her little sister something else. "No matter what happens after this, I will always love you and accept you into my home."

"Good, cause I would hate to have to camp out on your front lawn or something," Dawn giggled, feeling happy when Buffy returned the hug.

Buffy pulled back and offered a semblance of a smile as she told Dawn what she had to do. "Look, I need to call Anya and Willow and cancel."

"Don't cancel- go and have a good time with them," Dawn encouraged her to change her mind. "What are you doing going anywhere with Anya? I thought she was jealous of you and wanted nothing to do with you?"

"She called me yesterday, asking for my help with something for Xander," Buffy shrugged, wondering what excuse she could give that wouldn't hurt the woman's feelings without telling her the real reason she didn't feel up to going shopping right now.

"Then I say you go and let it take your mind off this crap for awhile," Dawn said with a determined look on her face. "It will give you and Dad some time to cool off and Mom a chance to knock some sense into his head."

"When did you get to be so smart?" Buffy sighed, thinking how grown up her little sister was acting right now.

"Not smart, just want my family not to fall apart." Dawn leaned in and kissed Buffy's cheek. "And I have to say I like your taste in men- he looks to be a keeper."

"He is, and I plan on keeping him for a very long time," Buffy said as she smiled a real smile since coming into the house. "I'm not a slut. I really do care for him."

"Do you love him?" Dawn asked, already knowing the answer, seeing how just mentioning him put a glow on Buffy's face, saying it all.

"Yeah, I do," Buffy confessed. "Well, if I plan on being ready for Anya, I had better hurry up and get changed."

"Good, go and get ready and just enjoy the day," Dawn said as turned to leave.

"Come with us?" Buffy asked, hoping Anya wouldn't mind an extra person.

"Are you serious?" Dawn asked.

"Very, I think we both could use some time away from the parents," Buffy suggested, hoping Dawn would accept the invitation.

"Sure, why not?" Dawn said. "When is she picking you up?"

"Noon."

"Noon! Hell, that's just in twenty minutes," Dawn yelped, looking frantic. "I guess we had better hurry up then."

Buffy laughed as she watched the teenager run for her room. She turned and entered her own room, closing the door. She started to take her clothes off as she walked over toward her dresser. She grabbed clean clothes and redressed her self in no time. As she did, she pulled her still damp hair around so she could again get a whiff of Spike's shampoo.

*******