Spike walked over and joined his stepfather who was sitting and enjoying a nice cup of tea on the balcony. "Care to join me, my boy?" Rupert asked.

"Would love to, old man," Spike replied as he sat and watched Giles pour him a cup of tea and add the two lumps of sugar.

"I like her," Giles said, having decided to be upfront and tell Spike before he asked the question of him.

"Good, cause I have a favor to ask." Spike couldn't keep his smile from getting larger.

"Ask away, if it's in my power, it will be done,” Giles reassured him. "You know I love you as if you were my own. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you."

Spike knew he and Giles had something special, and hearing the words spoken out loud made him happy his mother had found this extraordinary man in her life. "As I care for you, Da."

Spike noticed how the tribute of calling him, the English version of father had brought tears to the older man's eyes. "What can I do for you, son?"

"Help me find the perfect ring for Buffy?" Spike asked.

"Hmm, can I give you some advice?" Giles answered his question with a question.

"As long as it's not telling me it's too soon," Spike warned.

"Oh, never that, I could see she was the one when you walked in with her yesterday," Giles made a point to reassure him of that. "My advice would be to take her to the jewelry store and propose and then let her pick out the ring. Or you could call your mother and ask her about your grandmother's ring. I think she had planned for you to give it to the girl you chose to make your wife."

"Really?" Spike asked, wondering why she had never told him.

"She was waiting for when the right woman came into your life," Giles answered, knowing what the young man really wanted to know. "It was her way of making sure you knew she approved of the woman, I would think."

Spike laughed. "Yeah, that sounds like Mum. Do you think she would approve of Buffy that she would give me the ring, no questions asked?"

"I have a confession," Giles chuckled. "She and Dru are on their way as we speak. They should be here in time for dinner. Do you think you and Buffy could make sometime for us?"

"I think I really don't have a choice, now do I?" Spike said as he gave his father figure a meaningful look.

"Sorry, but I do have to live with the woman. She would have had me sleeping on the couch for weeks, if not months, if I kept something like this from her," Giles said as he fought a smile.

"Yeah, I guess you’re right," Spike sighed dramatically. "Do you think she will like Buffy?"

"I think she will love her and welcome her with open arms," Giles reassured his boy.

"Good, so when are we meeting Wesley?" Spike asked, knowing they were meeting several potential investors today.

"Our tee time is at one o'clock," Giles answered, loving the fact he was getting to get some golf in this weekend.

"Okay, I need to go change and will meet you back here in a bit," Spike said as he stood up to return to his room and change his clothes to something more appropriate to meet and greet like the professional he was going to pretend to be.

"Spike, you will do great, you are better at this then you think," Giles tried to reassure the young man. "Just be yourself, and you will do fine."

"Be myself?" Spike snorted. "I'm not a business man, Giles, I'm a race car driver."

"Yes, and a fine one at that. But you should not limit yourself like this, "Giles tried to explain. "You are more than that, and as you get older, you will see it. You will become a husband, a father, and a grandfather. There are many things you are and can become. Either way, I'm very proud of who you are."

Spike looked the man in the eyes as he said, "I had a very good role model."

Giles blushed as he took off his glasses and started to clean them, to keep the young man from seeing how moved to tears he was from such wonderful words of praise. "I have my family to thank for making me who I am today. I will be honest with you, William. If I had not met you and your mother when I did, I would hate to think of where I would be at today."

"That makes two of us, old man," Spike winked. "Now, I had better get my arse in gear."

"Yes, I think I will see about making sure arrangements for you mother and sister's arrival is indeed taken care of," Giles smiled as he replaced his glasses on his face.

"You do that, Da," Spike said as he walked away, missing the look of pride that swept over Rupert's face.

*******

"Buffy, don't get mad and let us explain," Anya said as she led the way into the salon. "I lied."

"You lied?" Buffy asked, looking at Anya and Willow with a confused look on her face.

"Yes, today is not about doing something for Xander, but for you," Anya continued to explain. "You see, I have given this much thought, and I want to make it up to you for being such a bitch about your's and Xander's friendship."

"Okay, and coming to a salon fits into that how?" Buffy asked as she started to feel nervous.

"Honey, I want to do something nice for you, so today, I'm paying for you to have a complete make-over day," Anya smiled as she waved the tall brown-haired man over to them. "Hi, Lorne, here's Buffy."

"Oh, cupcake, you have such potential to be drop-dead gorgeous. Not that you aren't a beauty already," Lorne cooed as he approached, looking her over as if he was redesigning her. "I told you before I could make you a star."

"What do you plan on doing to my sister?" Dawn asked, seeing how anxious Buffy was becoming.

"Oh, sweet cheeks, picture this." Lorne went on to describe his plans. "Oh, I think a layered cut to the shoulders, and I think with her coloring, blonde would be the right choice for hair color, and just a few highlights mixed in. Shape the eyebrows just so, and then a facial, manicure, and pedicure, and baby, you will be the new Miss Sunnydale."

Buffy eyes grew large hearing all of this he had planned. She looked over at Willow and noticed how the redhead was nodding her head yes to everything this man was saying. Dawn seemed in his trance as well, and Anya just stood there with an understanding smile on her face as she watched Buffy's reaction.

"Buffy, trust me," Anya reassured her as she walked over to stand in front of her. "It all will grow out if you don't like it. But give it a chance. There is nothing wrong in a little change."

"But I'm happy just the way I am," Buffy replied.

"How many times have you been told you were not as pretty as everyone else?" Anya bluntly asked.

"Buffy, just give it a chance," Willow pleaded.

Buffy looked over at Dawn and noticed she had a deep look on her face. "Dawn, what do you think?"

"I think you should give it a go," Dawn said as she smiled at her sister. "I think he's right- you would make a better blonde with your coloring."

"What if Spike doesn't like it?" she asked softly, not realizing she had voiced the question aloud.

"I think that he will love anything you do as long as it makes you happy," Anya replied. "Buffy, he feels for the woman you are inside. Are you afraid he will like the blonde better in his bed than the brown hair?"

Buffy blushed as she rambled on. "How, I mean we, maybe."

"Oh, I know the look of a well-loved woman, and you wear it well," Anya smirked. "He will know who is in his bed. I know, since Xander likes how I change my hair color. He doesn't have a favorite that I know of."

"Oh, honey, you owe it to yourself," Lorne encouraged her. He wanted to be the one that discovered this diamond in the rough. "I'm telling you, honey, when I'm done, you will be runway material in any of the fashion houses in the world."

"I wouldn't go that far," Buffy said as she closed her eyes to think about it.

"Buffy, it's not like it won't grow out, or you could dye it back in a few weeks," Dawn reassured her. "I say seize the day."

"Okay, let's do it," Buffy said as she then looked at Anya. "But I can't expect you to pay for this."

"Sorry, it's already paid for," Anya told her as she winked. "If you need to pay me back, then just take me to lunch a few times."

Buffy realized she was not going to be able to get Xander's girlfriend to take any of her money. "Many lunches, and that way, we can kill two birds with one stone. I get to pay you back and get to know you better in the process."

"I love that idea," Anya smiled as she looked over at Willow. "Sounds like a good return on our investment?"

Buffy looked over at Willow. "You, too?" she asked.

Willow smiled as she shook her head yes. "That's how me and Anya became good friends. She introduced me to the works of Lorne, and since then, best buds."

Buffy smiled as he turned to face the very tall hairdresser. "Okay, I'm putting myself in your hands."

Lorne took her hands in his and gave her a wide, genuine smile. "I promise you, sunshine to be, you will not regret it."

"Well, we are going to grab something to eat and pick up a few other things," Anya winked at Buffy before she turned to address Lorne. "You take care of my girl here," she warned him.

"The best, honey. I will treat her as if she is royalty," Lorne promised her.

Buffy watched as Dawn waved goodbye as the younger girl followed Anya and Willow out of the salon.

"Do you trust him?" Dawn asked Anya.

"With my life," Anya reassured her. "He is the best at what he does. Still can't figure why he is here and not making millions in LA, New York, or even Paris."

"So, where are we going?" Dawn asked.

"Well, she will need a new outfit to go with the new do," Anya said as if it was every day she helped someone with a makeover.

"Can't forget the shoes," Willow reminded her.

"Oh, for sure we can't forget the most important accessory a woman needs to complete her outfit," Anya said as she realized how fun this was. She couldn't help but wonder if she could find a job on that one show that did extreme makeovers.

*******

Buffy laid in the chair as Mandy worked on her eyebrows. The hot wax felt good- that is until she smoothed the special cloth on and then pulled it off. Then, using the wicked little tweezers to help shape what the wax could not.

She was sure she was going to look awful when they where finished. Lorne had done some kind of prep work so he could use the color he wanted. Then she felt the warmth of the wax as Mandy placed it above her upper lip and a few places on her chin.

"Don't worry honey, it looks so good." Mandy smiled down at her. "What I did will really look nice and make your eyes really noticeable. They are such a pretty green."

"Thanks," Buffy said, the only thing that came to mind. She felt uncomfortable with all the compliments she was getting.

"You are so welcome," she smiled down, asking herself why no one had suggested this to the young woman before. "I'm new in town and was wondering where a girl could go to have a nice time."

Buffy automatically suggested, "The Bronze is a nice place to go dance and have a good time."

"Cool," Mandy made a note to self, 'Bronze, good time'. "Okay, sweets, last of the to-be-beautiful torture."

Buffy gasped as the young woman removed the wax quickly. Her skin felt some tingling-like discomfort. Soon, Mandy applied the soothing gel and made it all feel better.

"There, all done. Don't worry, the redness will most likely be gone before you leave or by tonight," Mandy reassured her.

"I hope so. I have plans for tonight, and the last thing I need is to look like a freak," Buffy said as she started having second thoughts, wishing she had chickened out and had left.

"Oh, honey, no way would you look like a freak,” Mandy giggled as she winked. "Nope, and believe me, when Lorne is done with you, the last thing your man will notice is a little pink skin."

"Ahhh, now to the next step, my lovely." Lorne came to collect his Cinderella and escorted her to rinse her hair and apply the color. "Then off to have your feet pampered while the color sets in."

"Okay," Buffy replied as she let him continue to lead her around to where she needed to go.

*******

Maggie stood in their bedroom. She was furious with her husband and his inability to see how he was so wrong about Buffy. There was no reason for him to hold his middle child responsible for how things had worked out back when he found out that Joyce was pregnant.

Buffy's words never rang more true- if he hadn't loved his wife, why did he continue to make love to her? Once she had found out the man she had fallen in love with was her oldest friend's husband, she had done her best to stay away from him. But the harder he tried to wear her down, the closer she came to sleeping with him again.

Then she found out she had become pregnant from their one-night stand. It broke her heart, but she had to leave, run, and take their unborn child and leave before he figured it all out on his own she was carrying his baby.

Faith was one-month old when he found them and decided to leave Joyce. Instead, he called to say it wasn't going to be so easy for him to just walk away. He had come home to have his wife tell him the glorious news that she had finally conceived.

That night, for the first time, she had hated Joyce. She knew she had no right to hate the woman, but she did. Her child was born out of wedlock and made by two people who loved each other. Then here was Joyce, going to have a baby, married to a man who did not love her and had participated in the baby's creation by doing his husbandly duties.

"Maggie, we need to talk." Hank's voice brought her out of her bad thoughts of the past.

"Yes, we do Hank," Maggie replied as she turned toward the man. She felt as if she was seeing his true self for the first time.

"I'm sorry I lost my temper like that in front of Dawn," he tried to apologize to her.

"I'm sorry about that, too," Maggie said. "But more important, I'm sorry you said what you did to your daughter who has never done anything to hurt you."

"If not for her, we would have been together sooner." He tried to get her to understand his reasoning.

"What? She was the one that made you continue to have sex with Joyce?" Maggie said sarcastically. "You think she asked to be born to a father that didn't want her?"

"Maggie, you know Joyce trapped me," Hank pleaded for her to understand.

"Joyce never trapped you. The only sin she committed was believing in you. She was sure she was sterile, so why use birth control? She thought her husband meant those vows when he promised to love and cherish. She gave her heart and soul to a man that treated her like shit, and I'm now just seeing it. God! I was so blinded by my love for you. I'm just sorry it took you doing what you did to your own flesh and blood to make me see what a monster you really are," Maggie explained as her tears ran down her face. "There really is nothing you can say or do that will make me forget that."

"Damn her, she has been nothing but trouble since she was born," Hank yelled as he picked up a knick knack off the dresser and threw it against the wall, shattering it.

"No, Hank, you have done everything in your power to blame her for what you did to Joyce," Maggie yelled at him. "You are the one to blame. You knew that night you seduced me you were married, and it didn't stop you. You knew you wanted to leave Joyce once you found me but continued to make her believe your marriage was in no danger. You continued to sleep with your wife, wanting your cake and eating it, too. I'm sure it was in case I wouldn't take you back."

Hank stepped back from the anger he noticed in her stare. He was sure this was the end and she was going to leave him. Again, that little bitch was destroying his life.

"Don't make this about Buffy, I can see you are," Maggie yelled at him as she pointed her finger in his face.

"This is about you, me, and Joyce, and your treatment of Buffy," Maggie continued. "You were a monster to her earlier and for no reason. I hope she does decide to leave and she goes off with Spike. She deserves to be loved, and he seems to be the man for the job."

"So, what, are you going to leave me?" Hank asked as he glared at the woman who had never talked to him like this in the past.

"I don't want to leave you, but I can't live with the man I saw today," Maggie warned him. "So if you can't make that man go away, then I will ask you to leave."

Hank glared as he leaned down into her face. "Then let me pack my bags."

"If that is what you wish to do, there is nothing I can do or say further to make you stay that I can live with," Maggie said, having made her decision not to back down.

"Fine," Hank growled as he moved past her. "I'll just grab my suitcase, and I will be out of your hair."

Maggie decided to keep quiet as she left the bedroom and walked down the hall to the stairs. Now would be a good time to do the laundry and other little household things to keep her mind occupied. The last thing she needed to do was lose her nerve and ask him not to leave.

Faith listened from the hallway closet while her parents had argued. She had heard everything and wondered what he could have said to Buffy that had pissed her mother off so bad. Either way, because of Buffy, her father was leaving, and all it did was make her hate the bitch more.

*******

Buffy had never felt so pampered in her life. She sat in the little massage chair as her feet soaked in their own little whirlpool. At the same time, one hand was soaking in soapy suds while Clair massaged the other one.

"If you come and see me at least once a week, we can make these rough little hands of yours soft as ever," Clair said as she added some extra moisturizer.

"I work with my hands," Buffy explained.

"No problem, dear, that is why you have me now," Clair winked as she used some alcohol to wipe the lotion off her nails so she could apply the base coat. "Did you pick out a color yet?"

Buffy felt bad about all this care this nice lady was putting into her nails. "Really, it will only get ruined. I have to finish working on a car later."

Buffy was feeling bad she didn't know she was going to be this long. She thought she would have some time to spend on Angel's car before meeting Spike later. But that looked like it wasn’t going to happen. In fact, she was thinking she might have to cancel, or better yet, maybe he would consider helping her.

"Nonsense, wear some gloves when you can," Clair recommended. "You are walking out of here, everything in place."

"Okay, how about the soft rose?" Buffy smiled.

"Excellent choice," Anya said while thinking of the outfit Dawn had purchased using her father's credit card.

"Anya, I'm sorry it's taking so long," Buffy apologized.

"I knew you wouldn’t be done, just stopped to give you a quick bite to eat is all," Anya winked as she held up the piece of pizza. "Just don't get used to me feeding you."

"Okay," Buffy said as her stomach growled, causing everyone to laugh. "Where is Willow and Dawn?"

"Oh, they're shoe shopping right now,” Anya said with a knowing smile. The other two were looking for the right pair of shoes to go with the little something of a dress they had found for Buffy.

Buffy ate the pizza quickly- she hadn't realized just how hungry she was. Spike had fed her a blueberry muffin earlier that morning when he had ordered room service, and that was all she wanted. He had also bribed her to take a few bites of his eggs by offering her kisses.

*******

Spike smiled and acted like there was nowhere else he'd rather be when in fact, he wanted nothing more than to be back in bed with his girl and feeding her lunch and dinner. He watched as Giles and Wesley wined and dined the elite of Sunnydale.

It seemed they had heard that Giles and company was interested in going into business with one of their own and wanted to make sure they got a piece of the pie as well. He had never felt so sticky sweet as he did today.

"So, Mr. Carpenter, do you think you will get back into driving here at Sunnydale?" Mr. Collins asked.

"Not at this time, sir," Spike said, knowing one day he might just do it to see if he still had it in him. But right now, he had more important things on his mind.

"Why ever not?" Mr. Collins asked, shocked that such a talented driver could just walk away from it. He couldn’t help but think of the business such an event would bring to town.

"Because right now, I have other matters to think about," Spike answered in his most polite voice.

Giles could see how this man was bothering his son and it just would not do. "Spike, could you please check with the hotel and see if your mother and sister have arrived safely?"

"I would love to." Spike gave Rupert a nod of thanks- both of them knew it was too early for his mother and Dru to be here. But he'd take the time to make a call to a certain beauty and see if he could interest her in a little flirting over the phone.

*******

Buffy had just finished having the color rinsed out and was sitting at Lorne's station. He was about to remove the towel when Buffy heard her phone ring.

"Sorry, I have to get that," Buffy tried to explain, knowing it had to be of some importance since no one just called her to gab. She was sure it was Xander wondering where she was.

"Hello?" she asked, confused that she had not recognized the number on the caller ID.

"Hello yourself, pet," Spike purred into the phone. "How is girl's day out going?"

"Well, it's turned into more than I expected," she vaguely answered.

"Really? Care to spill, or can't talk?" he asked, wondering why she sounded strange for some reason.

"Can't talk," she smiled, not wanting him to have any idea what was going on.

"Here I thought I would introduce you to the art of phone sex," Spike chuckled when he heard her sexy little gasp.

"Spike!" she gasped, looking around to see if anyone had overheard what he had said.

"I guess it will have to wait for another day then," Spike purred. "I wonder, pet, can your phone take naughty pictures and send them via internet?" he joked.

"Oh my, you are a perv," Buffy said, making sure no one overheard her.

"Only where you are concerned, my precious," Spike said as he felt a need to be with her, to hold her. "I miss you."

That brought a smile to her face that everyone noticed and gave each other a knowing look. They knew she was talking to that special someone, and he had just said something special.

Lorne smiled and waved to let her know he was waiting for her. He wasn't upset, just anxious to see the finished product.

"I miss you, too, and I will call as soon as we are done, I promise," she said since she wanted nothing more than to be with him right now.

"Okay, luv, buy something pretty you can wear for me later," he suggested.

"Goodbye, perv," Buffy giggled as she hung up the phone after hearing him tell her, "Bye, luv, see you soon."

"Okay, my dear, let's get you looking like the new American Model, shall we," Lorne smiled as he removed the towel and started to comb out her hair. "Oh perfect, sweets. This color is perfect for you, just like I knew it would be."

Buffy's eyes could not believe it was actually her staring back at her from the mirror. Lorne could tell she was just as impressed by the look in her eyes. He wondered what she would think when he was done cutting and styling.

*******

"I can't wear that," Buffy said as she pointed at the skimpy little pink sundress. "I have never showed that much skin before."

"Well, there is a first time for everything." Dawn pushed the dress back at her, along with the little pink thong they bought as a joke.

"I need a bra," Buffy argued.

"No, you don't," Anya disagreed. "Your breasts are just fine. Now put on the dress, or we will come back in here and put it on for you."

Buffy watched as her three fairy godmothers left the dressing room. She took off her shirt and pants followed by her bra and underwear. She was sure Dawn would make her lift her dress and check to see if she put on the sexy little underwear. It reminded her she wanted to stop at Victoria Secret and pick something up for later.

She pulled the dress on with her back to the mirror. The dress felt wonderful against her skin, like silk. She felt naked having never went without a bra before. She turned and could not believe that it was her standing there, looking in the mirror.

She had fallen in love with her haircut and color. They had all been right- she did look better as a blonde. She just hoped Spike felt the same way. She would change it back if he asked her, too, no questions asked. Anya had reassured her he wouldn't ask such a silly thing, that he would love it.

The dress accented every curve, making her look like a woman and not the girl mechanic at the racetrack. She was sure she could get used to this, especially if a certain someone liked it as much as she hoped he would.

She slipped on the pretty pink sandals that matched the dress perfectly. The heels were low, making it easy for her to walk in them, since her experience in heels was non-existent.

"Okay, ladies, it's safe to come in and check out your creation," Buffy called out, preparing herself for their reactions.

"Oh, my God, Buffy." Willow stood with her hands over her mouth.

"I knew you where a knock out," Anya said. "I just hope I don't regret this and Xander decides to leave me for you."

"Wow, you look great," Dawn said as she looked at her sister in awe. "You are so beautiful."

Buffy blushed and didn't know how to respond to the praise. They noticed her discomfort and decided she needed more exposure and compliments from others who had seen her before and now needed to view the after.

"Oh, be still my heart, ducks," Lorne crowed as he got a good look at his Cinderella in full costume. "You, my dear, are the belle of the ball."

"Wow, look at you," Clair said in awe. "You, girl, need to get out of those overhauls more often, honey."

"Yeah," Nicky and Mandy agreed.

Buffy looked at them all and smiled as she told them, "Thank you, because without everyone here, I would not be standing here right now." She walked over and stood in front of Anya. "And thank you for seeing my potential and giving me this chance."

Anya smiled as she hugged the girl she had been unnecessarily afraid of. "You just be happy with that man of yours, and let him keep giving you such wonderful orgasms, and that will be thanks enough for me."

Buffy laughed. "In that case, care to join me in a trip to Victoria's?"

"Oh my, a girl that is after my own heart," Anya winked. "I think I have just the thing. Come on, girls, one more stop, and then we can call it a day."

"I should call Xander and see if he needs help," Buffy sighed. For the first time she could remember, she didn't look forward to having to work.

"Oh, don't worry, I talked to Oz, and the car is done," Willow winked. "So you don't have to worry about a thing."

"Thank God!" Buffy exclaimed.

"Mark this down," Dawn said as she pretended to write something down. "On this day, one Buffy Summers was more interested in something that was not race related."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," Anya said as she waggled her eyebrows in a suggestive manner. "I think she is thinking about a certain driver instead of the car, is all."

"Funny, but true," Buffy confessed and blushed at the whistles she got from the others.

"Okay, off to find something that will get that driver's heart a-racing, shall we?" Anya smirked.

They continued down the mall, joking, laughing, and enjoying the mood. Buffy had never felt this good before and had forgotten for the moment what had transpired between her and her father earlier. Her subconscious refused to let it ruin her happy time.

*******