Authors Note: This is my first fic, so please be gentle. * These are for thoughts* Thanks to Paganbaby for convincing me to write and to Kirsty for Beta-ing!
Disclaimer: Joss, ME and FOX own it all, just the stories mine.


Chapter 7 Choices

“Well, that was entertaining!” Spike said as they left the back room.

“You got that right. I have no idea what he just told me, apart from coming clean and things are gonna change. But how does that help me? What am I supposed to do with that?” Buffy looked up at Spike for the answers.

“How about you tell your friends we’re together? We can’t keep going on like this Buffy. It’s driving me insane. I love you and I wanna be with you.” Spike stared into her eyes the whole time. It was at times like these when the world fell away and it was just the two of them, and how she wanted it. Everything he could give she would take.

“I.… wanna be with you too, Spike. But my friends, they won’t understand. Why can’t you just be happy with what we have?” Buffy asked, although she knew the answer.

“You know why.” He was angry. How dare she ask him that? “Like I said last week, Slayer, if I can’t have all of you then I don’t want it. So you tell them or it ends now.”

“You know I can’t.” She whispered.

“Then this is it. I hope you enjoy your normal life. I’ll be leaving Sunnydale tomorrow.” And with a whirl of leather he was gone.


Buffy walked back into the club after drying her eyes. The gang noticed Spike didn’t follow. The look on Buffy’s face told them not to ask. After fifteen minutes of silence Xander told them they should be heading back.

The walk back to the hotel was tiring for Buffy. It was too much. Spike wasn’t supposed to leave. He was the one that stayed. It drove her crazy but he was always there when she needed him.

Upon reaching the hotel they realized that Buffy didn’t have a ride back.

“It’s ok guys, I’ll get a cab or something.” Willow looked at Buffy shocked.

“Buff, it’s like two am, you won’t get a cab now. “ Willow said.

Just then the sound of a motorbike roared to life.

Spike had followed the group back to the hotel. He wasn’t just gonna leave her in LA, he wasn’t that heartless. Just because he was leaving didn’t mean he’d leave her stranded.

“Come on I’ll give you a ride back.” Buffy smiled at him gratefully in reply.

“Like hell you will.” The voice came from the shadows but they knew who it was. “I heard your little serenade but you don’t fool me. Is this some plan that you have? Make her love you and then kill her? I remember what he told you, to kill this girl, you have to love her. Is this what you’re doing?” He stepped out of the shadows so he could be seen.

“Oh be quiet Peaches, you aint got a clue what your talking about.” Great, this was just what he needed. The sodding poof turning up. “How’d you think she got here?”

“I don’t care but one thing I know is that she will not be riding home with YOU.” Angel roared.

“Ok, I’m standing right here. Spike will be taking me home Angel, and if you don’t like it, well that’s just tough shit. I’ve had enough tonight, I wanna go home and sleep.” Buffy turned around and headed for the bike.

“I can smell him all over you. I left you so you could have a normal life and you sleep with him?” Buffy stopped and her eyes widened. She looked at the gang and smiled when she saw they were too far away to hear. She turned back to Angel and for once her heart didn’t beat fast like it usually did with him, it stayed normal.

“Goodbye Angel.”

TBC


Sorry for the lack of updates but RL is a right bitch at the mo. I’ll try to keep them coming and get an update once a week! If your still reading this THANK YOU! Oh and please review!!!!