It wouldn't have been that long ago that Buffy would've found the fact that Spike was behind her holding a sword anything but comforting. But now, as they were surrounded by demons determined to make this her last day on earth, there was no one she'd rather have by her side.

"Slayer! On your left!" Buffy moved as soon as she heard his voice, almost without thinking. She brought her sword down hard, watching as the demon's head tumbled to the ground. She spared Spike a quick glance, their eyes meeting for a second and letting each other know that they were still on top in this fight.

Giles stepped back from the battle, the demons paying him little attention, not seeing him as the real threat to them. He allowed himself only a moment to observe Buffy and Spike, amazed at what he saw. He'd been certain that Spike would turn on them as soon as they arrived, but he hadn't. Instead, he was fighting at the Slayer's side, and Giles knew that the vampire was not holding back.

And truth be told, the two of them fighting together was an amazing sight to behold. They moved almost in tandem, each one seemingly aware of what the other was doing without looking. Giles had a sinking feeling that he'd been wrong—that maybe Buffy had been so adamant about the vampire's change not because she was blind, but because she was seeing something that he had not.

But it wasn't the time to suss any of that out. Joyce was still in trouble, and he needed to find her. He looked at Dejira, seeing that she was busy yelling orders to her demons. He noticed a hall and went down it, checking the first door he encountered for Joyce. He peeked in, frowning when he found it empty. A second door yielded the same results.

When the third one he tried was locked, Giles knew he'd found her. He banged against the door a few times until he felt the wood splinter against him.

"Rupert!" Joyce exclaimed with relief as she saw Giles enter the room.

Giles ran to her, cutting the ropes that bound her with his sword, and Joyce stood, rubbing her sore wrists. "Thank goodness you got here," she said. "I was really beginning to worry. Is Buffy here? Dejira…"

Joyce grew silent, her eyes wide as Giles grabbed her, pulling her to him for a passionate kiss. After a second of shock, Joyce responded, wrapping her arms around him. When he pulled away, she looked up at him, blinking. "What…what was that?"

Giles stepped back, taking his glasses off for a cleaning. "I…was worried. They took you, and you could've been dead, and…" He replaced his glasses. "Buffy is fighting in the other room. We should go…check on that. But stay behind me."

Joyce just gave him a nod, knowing she had to let the moment go. She knew it had been his fear that something had happened to her that had elicited that response, nothing more.

Still, she couldn't help but press her fingers to her lips as she followed him out of the room.

*** *** ***

With only two of the grenbreks remaining, Buffy knew it was time to move on to bigger things. Spike had the demons under control.

Dejira needed to find out why you didn't mess with a Slayer…

Fear was apparent in Dejira's inhuman eyes as Buffy moved towards her. She called for her demons, but they didn't respond, too busy with Spike. Buffy backed Dejira against a wall, pinning the demoness there with her sword resting below her chin. "Care to tell me why you tried to ruin my Christmas?"

"You deserve death!"

"I kinda figured you felt that way, seeing as you've been trying to kill me and all, but it really doesn't answer my question. So tell me now—who do you work for, and where is he? I'd like to kill him, too."

"I work for no one. That was merely a ploy to keep your pet interested enough to want to meet with me again. When I first saw that you had brought a vampire with you, I feared that it would ruin my plan, but then I realized that it would be an advantage. I knew you would send him to me, and I knew I could convince him to meet with me alone. I was hoping that I could cause a little more damage by seducing him, but it doesn't matter now. You're going to die, and the Hellmouth will finally be rid of its irritating little Slayer problem. Oh, and then I can unleash hell on earth, et cetera, et cetera. I have an apocalypse planned for shortly after the new year."

"You are one crazy bitch. And as for killing me, I believe I'm the one with the sword at your throat."

"Not for long."

The door behind Buffy opened, allowing more demons to spill out. Spike tried to run to Buffy, only to be blocked by the demons that now surrounded her. Buffy heard him call her name as a grenbrek grabbed her, throwing her across the room, Buffy's sword falling to the ground.

Dejira laughed, picking up the sword and advancing on the Slayer. "Looks like maybe things aren't as good for you as you thought, are they? Now, I'm going to kill you. And then, I'm going to kill the vampire." Dejira smiled. "Or perhaps, I should kill him first. Would you like to watch?"

Buffy looked up, narrowing her eyes. "You stay the hell away from my boyfriend."

"You aren't in any position to be threatening me."

Buffy kicked Dejira's hand, sending the sword into the air. She leapt up, catching the weapon in midair, and landing on her feet, back in front of the demon. "How about now?"

Dejira snapped her fingers, bringing three demons advancing on Buffy. Buffy swung, decapitating two with one long arch before quickly disposing of the third as well. She stalked towards Dejira, reveling in the fear in the demon's eyes. "So you really thought your screwed up little plan would take care of the Slayer?" Buffy grinned. "Kinda looks like you were wrong."

Buffy thrust the sword forward, burying it firmly planting it in Dejira's chest. Dejira looked at her in shock for a moment before sliding off the blade and crumpling to the floor.

Suddenly, the grenbreks stopped their attack, filing out of the building. Buffy ran to Spike's side, watching as they left. "Two questions: Where are they going, and should we go after them?"

"I'm guessing with Dejira dead, their contract with her is void. And as for the second part, I'm voting for no."

"I'll second that," Buffy said. "I think I've had my fill of holiday slayage fun."

Spike looked over at Dejira's body and smirked. "I'll say you did. Bitch should've known better than to mess with my girl."

Buffy reached out, touching Spike's shoulder. "You're hurt. It looks kinda bad."

"One of them got me pretty good with its claws, but I'm all right."

"We're going to need to patch it up," Buffy said. "There's not anything in the car, but the cabin isn't far, so…"

"Buffy, as endearing as you fussing over me is, I'm fine. Really."

"I'm not…"

"Buffy!"

Buffy looked up, the relief obvious in her eyes when she saw her mother running towards her. Buffy hugged Joyce tightly. "I was so worried."

"I'm okay," Joyce assured her daughter. "A little shaken from being kidnapped, but not too hurt."

"There…there was blood. I saw a trail out the door."

"I think one of the demons hit me in the back of the head," Joyce said. She touched her hair. "I have a slight headache, and I'm sure my hair is a mess, but it's not bad."

"Where exactly did all the demons go?" Giles asked. "This place was full when I went to find Joyce."

"We killed all those," Buffy said, her arm still around her mother. "But then there were more. They left."

Giles raised an eyebrow. "Left?"

"Yeah. Right after I killed Dejira. Spike says they probably took off because their contract is void now."

"We should do a bit of investigation, make sure…"

Buffy cut him off. "Giles, I'm tired. It's Christmas, and I just want to go back to the cabin, sit around the tree, and drink some sort of hot beverage."

"Yes, well, I supposed if there are any more problems, they'll find us."

"Don't they always?" Buffy said as she walked with her mother towards the door.

*** *** ***

Buffy sat on the floor beside the fire, resting against Spike, his hands wrapped loosely around her waist. She glanced over to the other side of the living room where her mother and Giles were sitting, talking. She thought for a fleeting second that her mother may be flirting, but then pushed that out of her mind due to the extreme creepiness factor.

"You know," she said, tilting her head to look back at Spike. "This has been a pretty good Christmas."

"You spent the first part of it fighting for your life."

"Well, yeah, but…" She smiled at him. "This part is good. Warm real-wood fire and boyfriend snuggles—definitely of the good."

"Boyfriend, huh?"

Buffy blushed. "I, um…that's what you are now, right?"

"Kitten, I'm anything you want me to be."

Buffy's eyes lit up. "Oooh. I think I might have fun with that."

Spike smirked. "With that look, I think I might, too."

"Oh, I just remembered, I got you a present," Buffy said, moving out of his arms.

"When exactly did you find the time to get me a present," Spike asked with a frown.

"Before we got here," Buffy said. "Mom kinda made me. Although now I'm glad she did." Buffy gave him a quick kiss. "Be right back."

Buffy returned a few moments later, a brightly wrapped package in her hands. "Here."

Spike looked at it for a moment. "You bought this when you hated me. I'm a bit nervous…"

Buffy sat beside him. "Don't be. It's not an 'I hate you' present. I promise."

Spike tore off the paper, his eyes growing wide when he saw the pink and green album cover. "You got me the Sex Pistols?"

Buffy looked down, blushing a little. "Xander said he caught Harmony burning yours a little while back, and I thought…I thought you might like it."

Spike grinned, pulling her to him for a kiss. "I love it. Does make me feel a bit guilty that I didn't have the foresight to by my then mortal enemy anything, though."

Buffy traced the pattern of the grain of the wood floor. "I just didn't know what else to get, and Mom was telling me to hurry, and I saw it, and…"

"I'll get you something when we get back to Sunnydale," Spike promised, running a hand through her hair.

Buffy looked back up. "Or you could just promise never to play it around me. That would be a good present."

Spike chuckled. "I don't know, Slayer. I bet I could convince you of the finer points of punk music."

"Somehow, I just don't see that happening."

"Not even if I was the one singin' it?"

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Please. You probably don't even have a good singing voice."

Spike pulled her to him, pressing his lips to her ear and singing softly.

"I'm in love again
Been like this before
I'm in love again
This time's true I'm sure

Don't wanna end up like no nine day wonder
I've been hurt so many times before
So my darlin' I will never leave you
It's in my blood to always love you more
Love you more"

Buffy shivered, his voice rolling over her, setting her on fire. She jumped to her feet, yawning loudly. "You know, all the excitement today has really worn me out. I think I'm going to go take a nice Christmas nap."

Spike looked at her in confusion for a moment before he caught what she was doing. "You know, me, too," he said, standing up. "Been quite a day."

Buffy took his hand and pulled him along behind her, ignoring her mother and Giles as she did.

*** *** ***

As soon as the door shut behind them, Buffy tackled Spike to the bed, ripping his shirt from his chest. Spike looked at her in shock. "Buffy?"

"Shh. I'm unwrapping my Christmas present."

Spike grinned then. "You like it?"

"Yep. Just what I wanted." Buffy leaned down, licking Spike's chest slowly, causing him to moan. She pulled up again, pulling off her on shirt then her bra, loving the way Spike stared at her bare chest with unabashed hunger. "So do you see something you want?"

Spike nodded, loving the way that Buffy was taking charge. She'd been a bit nervous and reserved in their previous encounters, but now she seemed to be relaxing around him, letting the sensual nature he'd known was there break through to the surface. "I do," he said, his voice already rough with need.

"Guess I better let you have it then, this being the season of giving and all." She leaned down, and Spike immediately caught one of her nipples in his mouth, moaning around the hardened peak. Buffy shivered, grabbing on to the headboard for support and grinding her denim-clad pelvis against his. "Spike," she said after a few moments. "I need you inside me—need it so much."

Reluctantly, he released her from his mouth, letting her finish undressing. Once he had done the same, Buffy straddled him again, positioning herself above his aching cock. She met his eyes before sliding down, crying out at the sensation of him filling her.

Spike hissed as her heat surrounded him, grabbing hold of her hips to steady her descent. "Nothing's ever felt this good, Buffy," he said once he was buried fully inside of her. "Nothing."

"For me, too," Buffy said, bracing herself on his chest. "This…this is perfect." She started to move then, her eyes sliding closed as she found her rhythm.

Spike watched her in awe, having the sense that she was surrounding him. He felt as if her golden skin, her hair the color of sunshine, should burn him, but instead he was allowed to bask in her warmth. He wondered if she had any idea what she felt like to him, if she knew that every time he slid into her he felt as if he were coming home.

He was hers, completely—whether she liked it or not.

Buffy opened her eyes, entranced by the look of wonder on his face. Suddenly, her mind flashed back to earlier, when Dejira had claimed to have slept with Spike the night before. Although she'd been able to see through the demon's ploy—the woman lied worse than Xander—the thought of anyone else touching Spike flooded her with jealousy. He was hers, dammit. She began to ride him harder, her nails scraping down his chest.

Her name fell from his lips with a whimper as he moved with her. He tilted his head against the pillow, and Buffy's eyes fell to his neck. She felt something pull from inside her, and without thinking she leaned down, biting him hard enough to draw blood.

Spike snarled as he felt her teeth in his neck, his face changing to its vampiric form. He flipped her over, pumping into her a few times before sinking his fangs into her skin, pulling her blood even as he shuddered with orgasm. Buffy screamed in pleasure, coming in time with him, clutching his body tightly against hers.

When the ecstasy became too much, her world went dark.

*** *** ***

When Buffy woke, Spike was sitting beside her, his face buried in his hands. She reached out, softly laying her hand on his arm. He pulled away. "Buffy, you shouldn't…you shouldn't touch me."

Buffy frowned. "What's wrong?"

He dropped his hands, looking at her in disbelief. "What's wrong? Do you have any idea what I just did to you?"

"Made me scream?"

"I bit you."

"I bit you first."

"Buffy, I lost control. I…I could've hurt you."

Buffy sat up, wrapping her arms around him. "Did the chip go off?"

"No." Spike's eyes widened. "Do you think it stopped working?"

"No, you silly vampire. I'm saying you didn't hurt me."

"But I could have."

"But you didn't."

"Buffy…"

Buffy laid her finger against his mouth. "Shh. Don't let this get around since it would so no be good for my reputation, being the Slayer and all, but the biting thing—kinda hot." She grinned. "Okay, really hot."

Spike looked at her in awe. For the first time since his run in with the Initiative, he was grateful for the chip, knowing he wouldn't have ended up here without it. "You are one amazing woman, Buffy Summers."

Buffy smiled, cupping his cheek in her hand and pulling him in for a long, lazy kiss.

*** *** ***

Joyce and Giles sat in the kitchen, staring at the table and trying to ignore the noises coming from the bedroom. "So, um, how is your head?" Giles asked.

"It's fine," Joyce replied. "Doesn't really hurt anymore."

"That's good."

An awkward silence filled the room, punctuated by the occasional moan or scream. "More eggnog?" Joyce asked.

"Please."

Joyce got up, walking to Giles to take his cup. Her hand brushed against his, and he looked up at her, his blue eyes suddenly dark. He stood, grabbing Joyce to him and kissing her, the cup shattering as it hit the ground.

Giles scooped Joyce up, carrying her off to the bedroom.

*** *** ***

One more chapter to go… Leave me some reviews, please. Nice early Christmas present…

Thank you to everyone who had such kind things to say after the last chapter. They made me feel a lot better!

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the song Spike sings to Buffy is "Love You More" by the Buzzcocks.