This may not make sense at first, but it will once you get to the end of the chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy sat on her couch late one night watching some old romantic movie that had such cheesy lines and music it made you want to vomit, but she was a romantic girl at heart so she sat with a tub of ice cream wrapped in a blanket watching the movie intently. Dawn was staying over at Janice’s and wouldn’t be home till late the next day. She had been patrolling and staked a few vamps, but nothing too eventful. Just as she was really getting into the movie the doorbell rang. She placed the tub of ice cream on the coffee table, wrapped the blanket around her (as she was wearing a black short nightie) and went to answer the door. Who would be calling at this hour of the night bewildered her. She opened the door and the sight that met her eyes made her breath catch in her throat. Spike stood at her door, dressed in black leather pants and a black shirt that was unbuttoned and revealed his beautifully sculpted abs and pecs that gave off a slight silver glow in the moonlight. His hair had that ‘just been shagged’ look and he was without his duster but held a red, long stemmed rose in his left hand. Their eyes locked, his deep baby blue eyes bore intensely into hers. As he handed her the rose he took her hand in his and rubbed it gently with his thumb. He brought it up to his mouth and kissed it softly.

With Spike standing there looking like he did, and the way his lips felt on her hand, she couldn’t hold back. She pulled her hand from his and dropped the blanket. She wound both arms around his neck, and pulled his head down into a passionate kiss letting the rose fall to the floor. Spike sucked on her bottom lip and she quested entrance into his mouth with her tongue as he moved his hands to her waist and lifted her up. She immediately wrapped her legs around his waist as he granted her access and she slipped her tongue in. Their tongues duelled as they caressed the other, never breaking contact as Spike stepped over the threshold and Buffy kicked the door shut. Spike turned them around and pushed Buffy against the door and moved his mouth to suck on her neck. He would suck then lick the same spot as Buffy groaned. ‘Oh god, Spike. Ah. I want you’ She breathed. He licked his way up to her ear and whispered, ‘where do you want me Buffy?’ he bit her ear lightly and she sucked in a sharp breath. ‘Oh god, here…’ she replied in a moan, and she grabbed the hand that was now pressed up against the door and he used his body weight to keep her against the door. Buffy tightened her grip around his waist as Spike moved his hand to her ass to keep her in position. She moved so she was now looking straight into his eyes. The blue had been replaced by a dark colour as she guided his hand down and under her nightie to her panties. She latched her mouth on to his and breathed into his mouth, ‘here’ and pushed his hand against her damp panties. As she did she felt Spike harden against her and she pushed her self towards his covered cock and rubbed against it with her pussy. A low groan escaped Spike’s mouth as she did and he pulled her away from the door and she leant forward. He tumbled back against the stair rail. He thought he herd Buffy whisper ‘kitchen’ to him and he made his way through the hall, but his journey was made difficult because every few paces Buffy pushed herself against him in an attempt to make him walk faster and he slammed into her wall. He decided to even the score and pushed his hand inside her panties and rubbed his fingers against her clit. She stopped pushing against him and took her mouth away from his and threw her head back against the wall as he increased the pressure of his fingers. Spike used this momentary lapse in concentration to finish his passage and made it to the kitchen.

He lifted her up and rested her ass on the island in the middle of the kitchen. He pulled Buffy in for another erotic kiss as their tongues mimicked what they wanted to be doing right now. Spike pulled her panties down and threw them aside. He ran his hands up her legs and under her nightie, over her hips, waist and the sides of her breasts. She raised her arms and he pulled it off her. She pushed his shirt off his shoulders and Spike swept all the items on the surface to the floor and she lay back. God she was a beautiful sight. Buffy laying there before him naked as she ran her arms over her breasts, making her nipples become firm, made him harden even more and he was almost about to come. His leather pants suddenly became extremely uncomfortable and slightly painful. ‘Fuck…Buffy’ he breathed as he gritted his teeth, ‘help me’ he was starting to come. ‘I’ve got you baby’ she told him in a smooth seductive voice as she undid the fly and pushed the pants to the floor. As his cock came free, Buffy spread her legs and he thrust his cock into her and came almost instantaneously. ‘Fuck Buffy, oh fuck’ He leant down and sucked on Buffy’s breast as he thrust in and out of her and he ran his hand over her clit, stroking it gently. She trembled before him and moaned a small muffled cry as his touch began to react in her body, the first few waves of release torturing her. She grabbed the side of the surface with one hand and wrapped her hand around the base of Spikes cock with the other and squeezed it every time he pushed into her. ‘Please Spike’ she groaned, ‘make me come, I’m almost there’. Spike knew just what to do. He took his mouth away from her breast, moved his face to hers so their noses were touching. He ran his free hand through her hair, cupped her cheek and looked her straight in the eyes. ‘I love you Buffy’ he whispered and thrust hard. Those words sent her over the edge and she whispered back ‘I love you Spike’ and he came again.

As they came down from their high, Spike pulled out of Buffy. As he did so he rubbed against her clit and she let out a moan of ecstasy and closed her eyes.
When she opened her eyes she looked down to her hand and found there was a stake in it. ‘What the hell’ she thought to herself. All of a sudden it was as though she had no conscious control over her arm. She raised the stake and her gaze fixed on Spike. She thrust the stake deep into his heart and he arched forward in pain. ‘No’ she gasped. ‘God no, Spike NO!’ She pulled the stake out of his heart and blood tricked from the hole.

‘Buffy’ Spike breathed as he started to dust. All around her voices echoed. ‘Why did you do it Buffy?’, ‘You killed him’, ‘It should have been you’, ‘He died for you’. As she reached out to touch him he exploded into ash.

‘SPIKE’ she screamed.

Buffy woke with a scream. As she opened her eyes she found she wasn’t in her room. She was lying on the floor of a cold granite like room that was dark.

‘Where am I?’ she thought. ‘Spike’ she cried. As she stood up she was pulled back. She looked up into the staring eyes of a demon that resembled a bug. It turned into a snarling demon dressed in some sort of armour, complete with plumed helmet. The demon had lots of pointed teeth and wrinkly yellowish-grey skin. It took one of the implements from the wall. A spiked pole. ‘Lets see how your boyfriend earned his nickname shall we?’ It rasped. It ripped open Buffy’s shirt and stuck it into her stomach. A blinding pain ripped though her body and she screamed in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Spike stood strapped to the wall a scream echoed through the building. He knew who that scream belonged to and it chilled him to the bone. He knew that was a scream in pain. Buffy, his Buffy was being hurt and he was helpless to do anything.

Another scream was heard and he tried with all the strength he could muster to get out of the restraints, but the more he struggled, the more they tightened.

‘YOU BASTARD! MAKE IT STOP!’ Spike screamed at Wolfram.

‘I will.’ Wolfram said, and turned to walk out of the room, an evil glint in his eye. He stopped at the door. ‘After I’ve had a little fun with her.’ He walked out of the room as another of Buffy’s scream reached Spike’s ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike couldn’t take anymore. Before, the screams of young women had been music to his ears, but now, hearing Buffy’s pained cries were his ultimate torture. He was praying silently that Buffy would pass out before the torture could continue and she would be saved from suffering for a short while. He couldn’t depend on that though, he had to do something. Standing there whilst his lover was tortured made him feel so futile.

‘We have to do something Angel, NOW’ Spike begged his grand-sire as another of Buffy’s screams could be heard. ‘God he’s killing her. We have to get out of here.’ He struggled again with his restraints.

‘Don’t fight it, they’ll only get tighter.’ Angel instructed Spike. ‘Have you got anything to cut them with?’

Spike could just about move his hand to his pocket, and did so subtly so that the creeper did not tighten. He did not expect to find anything but tried his luck anyway, and it appeared that luck was on his side. His hand brushed against a circular, metallic object. He enclosed his fist around it and pulled it out gently. As he looked down he saw it was the device Buffy had used to form the shield around them in the alley.

‘What’s that?’ Angel asked.

‘It’s Buffy’s. She must have…’

(flashback)

‘…Your lips’ Spike breathed as she leant up and placed her lips to his and kissed him softly. She took the shield device out of her pocket and placed it gently into the pocket of Spike’s duster without him knowing.

(end flashback)

Spike knew that two of the jewels controlled the shield, but Buffy hadn’t used the third jewel yet. Spike took his chances and pressed it. A burst of green energy emitted from the device turning the creepers to dust leaving Spike standing free.

He threw the device to Angel, who caught it at his waist with his one free hand. He pressed the same jewel Spike, had and within a few seconds he too was creeper free.

Now that Spike stood the chance of actually doing something to save Buffy, he ran out of the room and into the lobby to get his bearings. Angel came to stand behind him.

‘You recognise this area?’ Spike questioned him.

‘It’s familiar, but…I don’t know’ Angel replied.

Another of Buffy’s screams could be heard.

‘Screw where we are, I just have to get to Buffy’ Spike said, and ran in the direction he had heard the screams coming from, Angel hot on his heels.

After descending a few floors, he turned a corner and found himself at a wall of blue and orange flames. ‘Whoa, bloody hell’ he cried as he stopped short and stumbled back. He knew Buffy was behind there because he could sense her. He was just about to jump through the flames when Angel grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him back and around the corner.

‘What the fuck do you think your playing at?’ Spike demanded.

Angel put a hand over his mouth to quieten him. He pointed towards the fire and through the licks of flame he could see the back of Wolfram standing over an unconscious Buffy and a demon at his side holding instruments of torture. The demon went to use the implement on Buffy but Wolfram stopped him.

‘Enough. It’s no fun if they aren’t conscious. No screaming you see. We’ll continue this when she wakes up.’ Wolfram instructed him. He turned and walked out of the room through the flames. They parted for him, and he walked straight past where Spike & Angel were hiding.

‘I’ll get Buffy, you take care of demon boy there.’ Spike told Angel, and before Angel could do anything Spike ran and dived head first through the flames, quickly enough so that they wouldn’t catch him alight.

The demon turned to face him. Spike ran for him and leapt over him, doing a somersault over his head. As the demon turned around to face Spike he was knocked to the floor by Angel who was now wearing his game face.

Spike turned his attention to Buffy’s unconscious form that was strapped to the table by iron cuffs. Nothing could prepare him for the sight that greeted him. Buffy lay on the table, pale and a drops of sweat glistened on her forehead. Her body was covered in deep bloody gashes and welts. She was bruised and battered and the thought that someone had done this to her infuriated Spike so much that he walked up behind the demon, grabbed him by the head and twisted his neck. It snapped and he slumped to the floor dead.

‘Hey, I was just getting started on the guy’ Angel complained.

‘Oh take your anger out on his corpse, we have to hurry though’ Spike said as he turned back to Buffy and ripped the cuffs from around Buffy’s wrists and ankles. He stroked a stray piece of hair away from her face and kissed her forehead gently. He had found his Buffy again after thinking that he would never see her again. All he needed now, was for her to open her beautiful eyes and for them to be away from here before Wolfram could hurt her again.

Spike placed one arm under Buffy’s back and the other under her knees and lifted her up. He cradled her to his body and held her close, her head resting on his shoulder. ‘Lets go peaches’ he called to Angel, who was pummelling the corpse of the demon. Angel looked up and his game face faded as he saw Buffy in Spike’s arms. ‘Is she gonna be ok?’ Angel asked him. Spike looked down and whispered to himself, ‘God I hope so’.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike walked over to the barrier of flames and looked down at the dishevelled and wounded Buffy. He pulled her even closer to his body and shielded her with it before her leapt through the flames. He landed on the other side in a crouch and looked at Buffy to make sure she was unharmed by the flames.

‘We need to get her somewhere safe and clean up those wounds before we attempt any great escape. Wolfram will know by now that we’re gona and he’ll be watching the exits’ Angel informed Spike.

Spike was impressed by Angel’s intuition. Spikes only thought would have been to get Buffy out of the building and as far away as possible. ‘Where do you suggest?’ Spike asked him.

Angel pondered this for a few moments before he said ‘my office.’

‘Well what are we waiting for?’ Spike said as he started to make his way to Angel’s floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about 5 minutes they had reached Angel’s floor and Buffy was still unconscious. Debris littered the floor. A couple of concrete support beams had fallen from the ceiling onto the lobby floor.
‘Someone had fun!’ Spike commented
As Spike neared Angel’s office he noticed the lifeless body of Hamilton amongst the debris he saw two puncture marks on his neck.
‘A lot of fun’ Spike quipped.
‘Oh yeah. He said his blood was full of ancient power or something. Used it to my advantage’ Angel told him as they entered his office. ‘We should take her up to my apartment. I have some band aids and stuff up there. She’ll be safer there.’
Spike followed Angel to his elevator. They entered it and Angel pushed the button as they started to ascend. As they stopped the doors opened and they both stepped through.
Spike carried Buffy over to Angel’s bed and laid her on it gently. She was still so pale and this worried Spike. ‘Shouldn’t her slayer healing have kicked in by now?’ he thought to himself as Angel went to the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit. ‘Sort her out, I’m gonna cover this window with something, before the sun rises.’
Spike looked up. He hadn’t even realised the window had been broken. He turned his attention to the kit on the bed and took from it what he needed.
He took Buffy’s shirt off gently and inspected the wounds on her body. She had several bad puncture wounds in her stomach. They reminded him of the marks he used to leave when he tortured his victims with railroad spikes back in the early 1900’s. He knew how much pain that had caused his victims, and he couldn’t bear the thought that someone had done that to Buffy. He pushed those thoughts aside and concentrated on helping Buffy. He’d use his repented anger to do some serious damage on Wolfram if he met him again.
After clearing up her torso, he moved to inspect her hands. She had deep cuts in them that still bled slightly. Her beautiful body had been abused, and the thought sickened him. A lone tear escaped from his eye.
‘I’ve done the best I can peaches’ Spike told Angel after cleaning up Buffy’s injuries. ‘Can you keep an ear out for our buddy Wolfram. I just wanna lay with her for a while.’
Angel nodded to him and went back to covering the window. Spike went round to the other side of the bed and took off his duster, laying it over her. He spooned up against her, wrapping his arms around her securely. He thought he had lost her for good when he had made that deal, but now that she was back in his arms, he would not leave her again. He rested his chin in the crook of her neck and kissed her cheek softly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buffy felt different. She no longer felt the coldness or loneliness she had while the demon had tortured her into unconsciousness. She felt warm and safe. She feared it was another dream, and if she dared open her eyes she would be back in that room. The room she had believed had been her home, but was actually a chamber and was filled with torture devices. But wait, there was something else. She could no longer smell the burning metal, or flesh. Instead she could smell… whisky, and… tobacco. This smell had always made her feel safe, it was a scent that belonged to one person, that person was…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buffy shot bolt upright like a bullet out of a gun.
‘Spike’ she cried, as she realised she wasn’t in the chamber. She was in a totally different room. Firm arms gripped her shoulders and she was afraid she would turn around to the glaring eyes of the demon. She looked down and found she was laying on a bed, covered by a coat, a black, long coat. A voice sounded behind her.
‘hey, shh. Its alright. I’m here love’ She turned around and saw Spikes deep blue eyes staring into hers. She flung herself into him, and he wrapped his arms around her. She started sobbing wildly.
‘Oh god, Spike. I thought I’d lost you. I...I’
‘Shh, you haven’t. I’m right here’ He ran his hand through her hair. Tears were also falling from his eyes now.
Buffy leant back slightly so she could look into his eyes. He was really there. ‘Spike’ she whispered and brushed his lips with hers, as light as a feather, before pushing him down on the bed. He pulled her face down to his and kissed her deeply as she laced her fingers with his. They kissed like there was no tomorrow, tongues diving in and out of each others mouths. Spike kissed her intensely, taking her face in his hands, fingers sliding up through her hair till his thumbs pressed against her ears. Spike gasped as Buffy’s hands glanced across his sides, gathering the fabric of his shirt. He suddenly remembered where they were, and pulled back unwillingly. Buffy wouldn’t let him go, and captured his lips with hers again.
‘Buffy love…’ He trailed off as she bit lightly on his bottom lip. He started to kiss her again, but pulled back before he could get lost in the moment again.
‘Buffy,’ he placed two fingers over her lips. ‘We’ve got an audience’
‘Huh?’ she said as she looked over Spikes shoulder and saw Angel staring out of the window, pretending not to see that couple lying on his bed. It reminded him too much of the time he had dreamed Spike was making love to Buffy, when Eve had put the parasite on his body.
‘Oh I didn’t even notice, I was…’ He was cut short, by the sound of his personal elevator activating. Angel grabbed a sword off the wall and chucked it to Spike, who caught it by the handle. Angel grabbed another one and he walked over to the left side of the elevator. Spike took Buffy by the hand and led her to Angel’s bathroom.
‘You stay in here.’ He told her.
‘I can fight’ Buffy replied indignantly.
Spike looked her up and down ‘no offence love, but you really don’t look up to it. Now stay here’
He pulled the door shut and went to stand opposite Angel on the other side of the elevator doors.
As the elevator stopped whirring he raised his sword ready to attack. The doors opened and…

Tbc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~